Send Topic Print
Pell walks (Read 13051 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Pell walks
Reply #225 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:44pm

Quote:
but as you can see ... no one accepts he is INNOCENT....

if a jury didnt receive proper instructions..

or evidence was or wasnt allowed...

wouldnt it be better a new trial...costly I know...but this is a huge issue   a trial maybe judge only....at least it would all be out there   no pressure  just FACTS   if the court found him not guilty   wouldnt people be more acceptable to that finding?

ALL the admissible facts are out there cods.  There is no mystery yet to be solved.  You want him to be re-tried by a Judge?  Well cods, he has just been re-tried by SEVEN Judges, and he was acquitted by ALL seven.

These charges are at an end.  Finis.  There is nowhere else to take them.  Pell has been found 'not guilty.'

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #226 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:47pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:34pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:26pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:21pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:18pm:
cods wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:12pm:
Gnads wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 11:10am:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:31pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 9:28pm:
Compensation? He was found guilty by a jury. Is Pell a victim of our justice system?

He's innocent.

Having you been paying attention?

Was he proven innocent or was the decision made on a technicality of law & a failure in the prosecutions case? Leaving no option but to dismiss/quash the decision?

I don't recall reading anything about innocence.

why didnt they have an option to a re trial???...

if he had had a new trial  it would have been  innocent or guilty over and done with..........this way  its nothing really....it sure wont satisfy those who seek blood..

Wrong cods.  The highest Court of this Land, made up of seven creme de la creme pre-eminent Lawyers, have acquitted Pell......UNANIMOUSLY.  No new trial needed.  The state of the evidence is such that no Jury, properly instructed on the Law, could reasonably conclude guilt.

Mr Smith, you need to get back to basic the basic principle.  Until found guilty beyond reasonable doubt, an accused person is presumed to be an innocent person.  Ergo, Pell is innocent.

Yet a jury did, F,W. A jury instructed by a creme de menthe judge. Jurispredence...who needs it?

It was overturned because he was presumed guilty and was trying to prove his innocence instead of the other way around. how many times does it have to be said?

What is creme de menthe judge?

Spot

It's called a joke. (Obviously not a good one given the explanation).

Yeah i gathered it was a joke but i dont get it? what is a creme de menthe judge?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #227 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:09pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:26am:
Aussie wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 5:07pm:
Brian has SFA to do with it.  YOU mentioned it, not Brian.

Is this sort of like you mentioning Red Lily off that American forum ?

Grin

No answer eh?

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #228 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:09pm

Pell got off on this case after appeal after appeal ... but there is something not right about the man.

Who says "Oh, she's changed" ... when confronted by a photo of a girl who has slit her wrists?  Shocked

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #229 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:19pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:09pm:
Pell got off on this case after appeal after appeal ... but there is something not right about the man.

Who says "Oh, she's changed" ... when confronted by a photo of a girl who has slit her wrists?  Shocked

I dont think anyone is saying hes a nice guy. Just that hes innocent of those particular charges.

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #230 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:43pm

I believe the person who made the charges, not Pell.

Nevertheless, Pell has been acquitted of these charges.

Without solid corroborative evidence we will be left with a he said / he said situation.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #231 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:58pm

Redmond Neck wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:09pm:

Grin

No answer eh?

Why de-rail the thread as you have in the past well before the name Red Lily was ever known, with your strange references to a Bush Lawyer.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #232 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 3:02pm

Captain Nemo wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:43pm:

I believe the person who made the charges, not Pell.

Even though these was no "....solid corroborative evidence", presented against Pell.

You are either very naive,     OR,     very prejudiced, imo.

Nevertheless, Pell has been acquitted of these charges.

Correct.

Without solid corroborative evidence we will be left with a he said / he said situation.

QUESTION;
Why couldn't the trial judge too,       have come to this very same realisation/conclusion ?

The realisation/conclusion, which you have come to, on this public online forum !

And i'm guessing, that you have no accredited legal training,      .....UNLIKE THE TRIAL JUDGE.

It is a mystery to me too !!!             Tongue

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #233 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 3:14pm

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:47pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:34pm:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:26pm:
Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:21pm:
Compensation? He was found guilty by a jury. Is Pell a victim of our justice system?

He's innocent.

Was he proven innocent or was the decision made on a technicality of law & a failure in the prosecutions case? Leaving no option but to dismiss/quash the decision?

if he had had a new trial  it would have been  innocent or guilty over and done with..........this way  its nothing really....it sure wont satisfy those who seek blood..

Wrong cods.  The highest Court of this Land, made up of seven creme de la creme pre-eminent Lawyers, have acquitted Pell......UNANIMOUSLY.  No new trial needed.  The state of the evidence is such that no Jury, properly instructed on the Law, could reasonably conclude guilt.

Mr Smith, you need to get back to basic the basic principle.  Until found guilty beyond reasonable doubt, an accused person is presumed to be an innocent person.  Ergo, Pell is innocent.

Yet a jury did, F,W. A jury instructed by a creme de menthe judge. Jurispredence...who needs it?

It was overturned because he was presumed guilty and was trying to prove his innocence instead of the other way around. how many times does it have to be said?

What is creme de menthe judge?

Spot

It's called a joke. (Obviously not a good one given the explanation).

Yeah i gathered it was a joke but i dont get it? what is a creme de menthe judge?

Spot

An aside to Cabbie's 'creme de le creme' lawyers. Ah,forgetaboutit.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #234 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 3:33pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:58pm:
Redmond Neck wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 2:09pm:

Grin

No answer eh?

Why de-rail the thread as you have in the past well before the name Red Lily was ever known, with your strange references to a Bush Lawyer.

Proved yourself a hypocrite anyway by lecturing me about rules about posting crap from other forums which you do yourself!

Wanker!

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #235 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 3:47pm

He's innocent.

Mr Smith, you need to get back to the basic principle.  Until found guilty beyond reasonable doubt, an accused person is presumed to be an innocent person.  Ergo, Pell is innocent.

presumed to be innocent is not the same as found innocent aussie. Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty, but are you really going to argue that there are no guilty crims running around who haven't had their time in court?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #236 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 3:50pm

cods wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 1:21pm:
John Smith wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:17pm:
cods wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:28am:
sorry!

sins of the father... comes to mind thats all..

did he cover up anything????.. I dont know!

he moved a priest who had been complained about.......its all I know....and that wasnt a crime in the Church....

or in those days at all......

not reporting twhat he knew to police and moving a know pedo is covering it up.

It doesn't have to be a crime under the church, it's a crime under Australian Law.

would you have reported your masters,, in those days???..

today whistleblowers have a  small amount of support... in those days nothing..

he was and is deeply involved with the Church   we all know the church is a law unto itself...  confession is a good one... Roll Eyes,,,, people were still in awe of the church back then....to go against everything the church has taught him would have been a huge ask....

dont forget this wasnt even talked about back then...

where were the police during those times.. didnt one parent go to the police??????>..I dont know I am not a catholic..so was never exposed to anything like this...

as for paedos   I never heard anyone talk about them....

seems to me   Pell is being victimised  for doing the churches biding.....of which he was one of many   in hindsight most of us can see clearly! and would do something differently......its amazing what hindsight does..

As a man of god whose job it is to protect his 'flock', buggeren oaf i would have reported them. It's a disgrace how they all acted like they had no choice. It's irrelevant that that was the norm back then. Jail them all if that's the case

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #237 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 3:57pm

Pell chose to go to trial by jury not judge....Pell refused to be cross examined....Pell was found guilty by the jury....The appeals court judges have only confirmed the system is stuffed and those in power do what they do because they know the system is corrupted!!!

Angry Angry Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #238 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 4:03pm

I suspect he was guilty based on other things that have come out about his behaviour in Ballarat I think it was and other places.

Lots of stories have came out about him and young boys.

The appeal was upheld and the case was dismissed, that doesnt mean he wasnt guilty.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #239 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 4:17pm

Quote:
presumed to be innocent is not the same as found innocent aussie. Everyone is presumed innocent until proven guilty, but are you really going to argue that there are no guilty crims running around who haven't had their time in court?

A decision of 'not guilty' is all that is available in Australia.  There is no verdict of 'innocent' available.  You well know that.  You are being argumentative.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 36
Send Topic Print