Send Topic Print
Pell walks (Read 13152 times)
Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Pell walks
Reply #150 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:54am

Quote:
When was he charged and convicted of those crimes?

Quote:
Did I say he had?

I said he should be

Don't be a f*#kwit.

Quote:
So how can you say he's guilty?

Quote:
He was in charge of moving them ... & sometimes same priest more than once because of complaints from parents.

All swept under the carpet.

cease being such a twerp.

Quote:
This all came out in court, did it?

Do you actually think you're clever?

It came out through several investigations & the Royal into child sexual abuse.

I explained it wasn't in this particular case.

But had not the charges been laid in this case you should have been well aware of the accusations of Pells culpability in the covering up & moving paedo priests you Arseclown.

Quote:
Diocese of Armidale
See also: Roman Catholic Diocese of Armidale
This diocese incorporates 25 parishes and 24 schools within about 90,000 km˛[30] and is clearly, one of, if not the highest density locations of Catholic Child Sexual Abuse in Australia on a per capita basis. The extraordinary and shocking story of 'Father F', later to be identified as former Armidale local, and former Catholic Priest John Joseph Farrell, was central to the ABC Television program Four Corners expose "Unholy Silence".[31] This was first broadcast on Monday 2 July 2012[32] and was potentially the final trigger that led to then Prime Minister Julia Gillard announcing the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse. The reaction of Armidale locals to the program was strong and one of indignation that something should have been done sooner by the Catholic Church.[33] Case Study 44 of the Royal Commission (Held Monday 19 to Thursday 22 September 2016[34]) focused specifically on this case of a former Catholic Priest abusing children over a 20-year period and the alleged cover-up by the Church hierarchy including Father Bernard Flood, Father Richard Gleeson, Monsignor Wayne Peters (Dec), Father Brian Lucas, Monsignor John Usher, Bishop Gerard Hanna (Ret), Bishop Bede Heather (Ret), Bishop Luc Matthys, (most of whom gave evidence to the Royal Commission[35]), and even Australia's most senior Catholic Cardinal George Pell.[36]

On November 1, 2019, former Diocese of Armidale priest David Perrett plead not guilty to 139 charges of child sexual assault at a number of locations, including Armidale, Guyra, Walgett, Moree, Penrith, Bundarra, Lower Creek, and Sawtell between the 1960s and 1990s.[37] Perrett, aged 82, had been arrested for these charges and was denied bail in August 2018,[38] but was later granted bail in April 2019 after he was told he had only six months to a year to live.[39]

Quote:
Diocese of Parramatta
In 1992, after allegations arose that a priest had been sexually abusing some of his parishioners, a meeting was held between the accused priest and three senior members of clergy. As a result of the meeting the priest was banned from conducting Mass, but was otherwise permitted to continue serving as a priest. The priest was laicised in 2005. In 2012, allegations arose through the Four Corners television program that the priest admitted to child sexual abuse at the 1992 meeting, and that the senior clergy present chose not to report the allegations to police. Cardinal George Pell subsequently denied that the priest admitted to sexual abuse at the meeting.[73]

In February 2010, Fr. Robert MacGregor Fuller began serving a 6-18 month sentence months after pleading guilty to sending both a sexually lurid video broadcast of himself and sexually lurid text messages to a 13-year-old girl in the summer of 2009.

Quote:
On 21 August 2019, Ballarat Bishop Paul Bird acknowledged that Pell, who had lost his appeal in the state of Victoria, had ties to this Melbourne suffragan diocese and apologized for the history of sex abuse in the Diocese as well.[122]

On 6 September 2019, the Diocese of Ballarat released a statement admitting that the high-ranking clergy in the Diocese knew of sex abuse claims against Gerald Ridsdale and afterwards made efforts to shield Ridsdale from prosecution.[123] This confession came in the wake of civil lawsuit filed against the Diocese by one of Ridsdale's victims.[123]

In addition to the Archdiocese of Melbourne sex abuse charges, Pell also faces numerous sex abuse charges stemming from his time in the Diocese of Ballarat.[124] The 3 episode miniseries Revelation, which aired on ABC TV on March 17, March 31 and April 2, 2020,[125] revealed two men, identified as Bernie and Peter Clarke, who accused Pell of sexually abusing them as boys when he served at the Catholic-run orphanage where they resided in the 1970s.[126] The new sex abuse allegations against Pell were also investigated by Australian journalist Sarah Ferguson.[127] Despite the fact that his sex abuse convictions related to his time in Archdiocese of Melbourne were later overturned, Pell still faces 10 civil lawsuits stemming from his time in the Diocese of Ballarat

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #151 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:56am

cods wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:51am:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:40am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:30am:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:27am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:09am:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:58am:
Johnnie wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:38am:
Their should be a law against one vindictive person being able throw another person behind bars on hearsay,, no evidence, no motive, no prior convictions, no nothing.

Now that Pell has been proven innocent it stands to reason the vindictive one has to be guilty of bullshitting in a court of law, now throw him in solitary confinement with no natural light given only bread and water for the rest of his natural life to teach him a lesson.

I would believe the victim before I ever took the word of a pedophile enabler like Pell....The credibility of the Church is in tatters and still there are those who believe this lying bunch of ass holes are the one's who have been unjustly treated....The Catholic Church has a history of protecting the guilty and persecuting the innocent whilst hiding behind the cloak of secrecy to defend the Church at any cost....Lying untrustworthy and corrupt to the core!!!

Angry Angry Angry

thats all well and good except the legal system needs to not be corrupt.

Spot

To accept Pell's innocence the court believed that there is never any alteration to procedures and Pell would not have been where it was claimed he was making the abuse impossible (just like all the other abuse they have denied)....The witness testimony was rejected on the word of an organisation which has a history of lying and covering up pedophilia in it's organisation....The witness was believed by the jury because he was the only one telling the truth....The judges looked for a loophole and found one by accepting the word of the ABUSERS!!!

Angry Angry Angry

No. the court believed that there wasnt enough evidence. Innocent until proven guilty. the previous court had put the onus on him to prove he was not guilty. The proper way is for them to prove hes guilty.

Spot

You are entitled to believe the pedophile enablers (who have a history of lying and covering up) if you wish mate....I believe the victim and those who have made similar accusations against Pell....The Judges found that Pell could not have broken from protocol and would not have had opportunity as supported by members of the Church....There is the word of one man against an institution founded on fear and persecution (High Court) as well as the lying Catholic Church???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

you are condemning him for the failure of the CHURCH in other words the Vatican......you cannot bring the church into a case where he is charged with sexual abuse....he happened to be an Arch Bishop....

the trial was about him and a boy and what happened...did it in fact happen the way the boy remembered .. the High Court said the evidence produced didnt prove it did....

their judgement was not based on the Church or its rulings..

that isnt the way the LAW works....

if you were charged with a break and enter  yet when you went to trial they brought up all the break and enters your brother had done

would that be a fair trial??..

The Church has a history of covering up pedophilia and so does Pell....You can believe what ever you like if it makes you maintain faith in the Catholic Church....I believe the victim over Pell???

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #152 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:59am

Poor Old Pell.

Seems the Public went on to 'abuse' this old man of Paedophilia when he was nothing of the sort.
Seems his care for the kids was corrupted into hate and spite by selfish people wanting to cash in via the Legal system. You know the type: can't make it in the work place, so they seek a 'legal' short cut out of anyone or anything.

Poor Old Pell.
Been driven to sickness and poor health by these Frauds.
The Church needs to take action and get 'revenge' on these people... these liars.
The Church needs to spank them, strip them of their dignity and make them do things they don't want to do in the name of the Lord. It's the only way to be sure of their true submission to God.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #153 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:04am

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:56am:
cods wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:51am:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:40am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:30am:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:27am:
Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:09am:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 7:58am:
Johnnie wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 12:38am:
Their should be a law against one vindictive person being able throw another person behind bars on hearsay,, no evidence, no motive, no prior convictions, no nothing.

Now that Pell has been proven innocent it stands to reason the vindictive one has to be guilty of bullshitting in a court of law, now throw him in solitary confinement with no natural light given only bread and water for the rest of his natural life to teach him a lesson.

I would believe the victim before I ever took the word of a pedophile enabler like Pell....The credibility of the Church is in tatters and still there are those who believe this lying bunch of ass holes are the one's who have been unjustly treated....The Catholic Church has a history of protecting the guilty and persecuting the innocent whilst hiding behind the cloak of secrecy to defend the Church at any cost....Lying untrustworthy and corrupt to the core!!!

Angry Angry Angry

thats all well and good except the legal system needs to not be corrupt.

Spot

To accept Pell's innocence the court believed that there is never any alteration to procedures and Pell would not have been where it was claimed he was making the abuse impossible (just like all the other abuse they have denied)....The witness testimony was rejected on the word of an organisation which has a history of lying and covering up pedophilia in it's organisation....The witness was believed by the jury because he was the only one telling the truth....The judges looked for a loophole and found one by accepting the word of the ABUSERS!!!

Angry Angry Angry

No. the court believed that there wasnt enough evidence. Innocent until proven guilty. the previous court had put the onus on him to prove he was not guilty. The proper way is for them to prove hes guilty.

Spot

You are entitled to believe the pedophile enablers (who have a history of lying and covering up) if you wish mate....I believe the victim and those who have made similar accusations against Pell....The Judges found that Pell could not have broken from protocol and would not have had opportunity as supported by members of the Church....There is the word of one man against an institution founded on fear and persecution (High Court) as well as the lying Catholic Church???

you are condemning him for the failure of the CHURCH in other words the Vatican......you cannot bring the church into a case where he is charged with sexual abuse....he happened to be an Arch Bishop....

the trial was about him and a boy and what happened...did it in fact happen the way the boy remembered .. the High Court said the evidence produced didnt prove it did....

their judgement was not based on the Church or its rulings..

that isnt the way the LAW works....

if you were charged with a break and enter  yet when you went to trial they brought up all the break and enters your brother had done

would that be a fair trial??..

The Church has a history of covering up pedophilia and so does Pell....You can believe what ever you like if it makes you maintain faith in the Catholic Church....I believe the victim over Pell???

Why would you want our justice system to jail him for the wrong crime?

Spot

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:05am

Jasin wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:59am:
Poor Old Pell.

Seems the Public went on to 'abuse' this old man of Paedophilia when he was nothing of the sort.
Seems his care for the kids was corrupted into hate and spite by selfish people wanting to cash in via the Legal system. You know the type: can't make it in the work place, so they seek a 'legal' short cut out of anyone or anything.

Poor Old Pell.
Been driven to sickness and poor health by these Frauds.
The Church needs to take action and get 'revenge' on these people... these liars.
The Church needs to spank them, strip them of their dignity and make them do things they don't want to do in the name of the Lord. It's the only way to be sure of their true submission to God.

The Church, the orders & the priests had already done that.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #155 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:07am

Gnads wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:54am:

he was employed by the Church  he was following their directions....it went on for years... Pell was not the only one....

like I keep saying its the VATICAN that should be on trial...children have been abused since time began...sadly today it is still acceptable in some countries....

I think we have had our pound of flesh from Pell....

why should he be tried because he was following the rules of his church???..

its taken us years to understand the damage of sexual abuse.....and  rape....

did he abuse this boy?  I dunno I seriously dunno.....all I know is he shouldnt be charged with covering up vile priests.....

charge him you have to charge every one of them including the POPES...

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #156 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:11am

cods wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:07am:

he was employed by the Church  he was following their directions....it went on for years... Pell was not the only one....

like I keep saying its the VATICAN that should be on trial...children have been abused since time began...sadly today it is still acceptable in some countries....

did he abuse this boy?  I dunno I seriously dunno.....all I know is he shouldnt be charged with covering up vile priests.....

We'll let the Super Power of the Israeli Empire fix that one in World War 5 shall we? Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:14am

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 8:56am:
The Church has a history of covering up pedophilia and so does Pell....You can believe what ever you like if it makes you maintain faith in the Catholic Church....I believe the victim over Pell??

so you dont believe in a fair Legal system...

we have had rape cases that werent rape cases.......

some people are pretty vindictive....how do you know this man who claims he was abused as a child..doesnt think like you do.. and this is a way of making Pell may for all the bad things done by the church over centuries...

you are making pell a scapegoat.... hardly a fair legal system    Sad

have you never had a picture in your mind of a place you had memories of as a child    but hadnt seen for years?...

then when you did finally return it was completely different to your memory..

that happened to me with the church I was married in....it was nothing like I remembered it...

I understand your fury  but to make one man pay for the many  isnt our way.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #158 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:15am

Jasin wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:11am:

We'll let the Super Power of the Israeli Empire fix that one in World War 5 shall we? Wink

mmmm you have lost me!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #159 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:15am

That is not my quote Cods .... It is Greggerypeccarys.

He should be charged for the covering up of crimes ...... sexual abuse of children.

And yes the cover ups & shielding go all the way to the top ...... El Pope O.  Roll Eyes

Watch Revelations on ABC iView.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #160 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:17am

PELL IS INNOCENT!!

So just bend over and take it up the arse!

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #161 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:21am

Jasin wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:17am:
PELL IS INNOCENT!!

So just bend over and take it up the arse!

Not today.

The farmers are averse to it.

IP Logged

Redmond Neck
Gold Member

OzPolitic

ACT
Reply #162 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:26am

Aussie wrote on Apr 7th, 2020 at 5:07pm:
Brian has SFA to do with it.  YOU mentioned it, not Brian.

Is this sort of like you mentioning Red Lily off that American forum ?

Grin

BAN ALL THESE ABO SITES RECOGNITIONS.

ALL AUSTRALIA IS FOR ALL AUSTRALIANS!

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #163 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:28am

Gnads wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:15am:

That is not my quote Cods .... It is Greggerypeccarys.

He should be charged for the covering up of crimes ...... sexual abuse of children.

And yes the cover ups & shielding go all the way to the top ...... El Pope O.  Roll Eyes

Watch Revelations on ABC iView.

sorry!

sins of the father... comes to mind thats all..

did he cover up anything????.. I dont know!

he moved a priest who had been complained about.......its all I know....and that wasnt a crime in the Church....

or in those days at all......

did the minister in charge of Children Institutions   where ginormouse abuse went on...not only sexual...it was horrific...did the Minister get charged and sentenced?????.. for all of them?....

those people are still with us still living with it... Sad Sad Sad

where is their justice....

wouldnt it be easy if we could lump it all together and make just one man pay..... too easy I am thinking..

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #164 - Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:31am

cods wrote on Apr 8th, 2020 at 9:28am:
he moved a priest who had been complained about.......its all I know....and that wasnt a crime in the Church....

or in those days at all......

Actually given that he klnew what crimes Ridsdale was committing at the very least you could consider it aiding and abetting abuse of children

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 36
Send Topic Print