Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Our Keystone Cops (the AFP) stuff up yet again! (Read 872 times)
Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Our Keystone Cops (the AFP) stuff up yet again!
Apr 15th, 2020 at 12:28pm

Link.

Quote:
The High Court has ruled the warrant used by the Australian Federal Police (AFP) to raid News Corp reporter Annika Smethurst’s Canberra home last year was invalid.

All seven judges found the search warrant was invalid, and that the raid on Smethurst’s home and the seizure of data was unlawful.

The Court ordered the warrant be quashed.

Good.  Stuff these Jack Booted Plods!

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Re: Our Keystone Cops (the AFP) stuff up yet again!
Reply #1 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 2:05pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 12:28pm:
Link.

Quote:
The High Court has ruled the warrant used by the Australian Federal Police (AFP) to raid News Corp reporter Annika Smethurst’s Canberra home last year was invalid.

All seven judges found the search warrant was invalid, and that the raid on Smethurst’s home and the seizure of data was unlawful.

Sounds like they're FAILED LAWYERS.....who haven't quite got the hang of things.........ya know a bit like you arsie.......

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #2 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 2:13pm

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #3 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:02pm

Years ago they tried with a helicopter raid on a marijuana camp, raiding the gentlemens' homes and using muscle persuasion. Police copped a $1million penalty . They found the cash somehow.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #4 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:25pm

Link.

Quote:

As it was the Government who was embarrassed and outraged that the cover up of war crimes by Australian's was exposed whom do you think told the AFP to investigate the media over this issue Aussie....Do you believe the AFP instigated these raids on there own accord without influence from the Federal Government....Like the tip off to the media by Cash (which she denied at the time) that the AFP decided was not worth pursuing....Apparently tipping off the media about AFP operations is not something to be concerned about....The Commissioner is mates with Morriscum???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/11/michaelia-cashs-former-ad...

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #5 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:34pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:25pm:
Link.

Quote:

As it was the Government who was embarrassed and outraged that the cover up of war crimes by Australian's was exposed whom do you think told the AFP to investigate the media over this issue Aussie....Do you believe the AFP instigated these raids on there own accord without influence from the Federal Government....Like the tip off to the media by Cash (which she denied at the time) that the AFP decided was not worth pursuing....Apparently tipping off the media about AFP operations is not something to be concerned about....The Commissioner is mates with Morriscum???

Huh Huh Huh

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/11/michaelia-cashs-former-ad...

I don't know who gave the instruction and it does not matter.  These Plods can't even get a simple Search Warrant right.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #6 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:54pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:34pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:25pm:
Link.

Quote:

Huh Huh Huh

I don't know who gave the instruction and it does not matter.  These Plods can't even get a simple Search Warrant right.

So you would have no problem with the Federal Government instructing the AFP to investigate it's opponents and critics....You would have no problem with a Federal Minister tipping off the media about an impending AFP raid....Why not just appoint the Police Commissioner from someone in the Government then and cut out the middle man???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 4:00pm

Of course I do Phil...but that is NOT what this Thread is about.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 4:06pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 4:00pm:

If we only had the technology to clone you a couple of hundred times. Our institutions would be faultless.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #9 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 4:14pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 4:06pm:

If we only had the technology to clone you a couple of hundred times. Our institutions would be faultless.

I'll drink to that.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #10 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 4:24pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 3:54pm:
....Why not just appoint the Police Commissioner from someone in the Government then and cut out the middle man???

Huh Huh Huh

There's that Pete..peter d ....Peter Dutton.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #11 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 4:30pm

My point is you attribute sole blame to the AFP without reference to the initial catalyst of the raids....IMO it has everything to do with how the AFP operate and whom they target???

Huh Huh Huh

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 5:18pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 4:30pm:

My point is you attribute sole blame to the AFP without reference to the initial catalyst of the raids....IMO it has everything to do with how the AFP operate and whom they target???

Huh Huh Huh

I attribute sole blame to the AFP for stuffing up the very simple matter of a Search Warrant.

That is all this Thread is about.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #13 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 5:31pm

Aussie wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 5:18pm:

Huh Huh Huh

I attribute sole blame to the AFP for stuffing up the very simple matter of a Search Warrant.

On that there is no argument....Despite the issue of press freedom and political motivation???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Apr 15th, 2020 at 5:38pm

philperth2010 wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 5:31pm:
Aussie wrote on Apr 15th, 2020 at 5:18pm:

Huh Huh Huh

On that there is no argument....Despite the issue of press freedom and political motivation???

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Freedom of the Press is a myth driven by.......umm......the Press.  There were days, long gone, when they were honourable.  Thank Murdoch etc. that is now destroyed.  Their behaviour warrants much more scrutiny than once was the case.  Look at Fox in the USA for example.  It might as well take Trump's bins in and out for him.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print