Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Unions create unemployment (Read 24024 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Unions create unemployment
Reply #135 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 8:36am

Quote:
Unemployment should be virtually non existent if your theory held water.

Can you elaborate on your theory of what my theory is?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Mar 21st, 2021 at 8:40am

freediver wrote on Feb 27th, 2021 at 8:59am:
Sure. I smell roses. They are perennial.

I can guess where you have them cultivated. Grin

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 12:28pm

Slavery is not employment.  Smiley

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #138 - Mar 22nd, 2021 at 3:35pm

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 22nd, 2021 at 12:28pm:

Equally not being enslaved is not unemployment.... and should receive an honourable rate of pay...

I've argued that the Unemployed should be paid well since they are contributing to the opportunity of those employed to actually go to work.... all are active contribntors to the overall productivity etc of the nation... so each should be paid accordingly...

Better still - let's take back the asylum....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #139 - Mar 27th, 2021 at 8:28am

tickleandrose wrote on Mar 22nd, 2021 at 12:28pm:

Can you tell the difference?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #140 - Apr 6th, 2021 at 9:05pm

Some unionists like to equate the reality of having to actually do something in order to put food on the table with slavery. They would turn freedom itself into union propaganda.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #141 - Aug 13th, 2021 at 5:57am

bump

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #142 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:35pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:18pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:16pm:
Can you explain what the difference is?

Well, if there are no laws about how hard you can drive your workforce, then, ultimately they'll be driven to collapse.

Can you explain this theory?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #143 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:42pm

freediver wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:35pm:

Well, if there are no laws about how hard you can drive your workforce, then, ultimately they'll be driven to collapse.

How hard can you imagine some people driving workers if unshackled from legal, social and moral proscription?

How do you think the Chinese regime can enslave so many of the Chinese to make cheap goods?

Chinese workers who are paid just enough to pay for their next meal... And maybe a few shekels more to buy a pair of slippers.

Conviction is the art of being certain

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #144 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:51pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:42pm:

How hard can you imagine some people driving workers if unshackled from legal, social and moral proscription?

How do you think the Chinese regime can enslave so many of the Chinese to make cheap goods?

Chinese workers who are paid just enough to pay for their next meal... And maybe a few shekels more to buy a pair of slippers.

I was not asking you how wild your imagination is. I was asking you to explain your theory.

What are you trying to say?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #145 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:56pm

freediver wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:51pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 6:42pm:

I was not asking you how wild your imagination is. I was asking you to explain your theory.

What are you trying to say?

We generally only act against our economic interests when we are forced by legal, social and moral proscription.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #146 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 7:13pm

Forget about your misunderstanding of other people's economic interest. What does this mean?

Quote:

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #147 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 7:14pm

freediver wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 7:13pm:
Forget about your misunderstanding of other people's economic interest. What does this mean?

Quote:

Slavery existed because there were no legal limits on how hard you could work your enslaved workforce... Even to the point of collapse from exhaustion and death.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #148 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 9:22pm

NorthOfNorth wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 7:14pm:

Quote:

Slavery existed because there were no legal limits on how hard you could work your enslaved workforce... Even to the point of collapse from exhaustion and death.

No, that is not why slavery existed. It does not even make sense. Throughout history there have been all sorts of laws governing the treatment of slaves, none of which impacted the existence of slavery.

Would you mind explaining your first absurd theory before inventing another one?

Quote:

What does this mean?

IP Logged

NorthOfNorth
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #149 - Sep 26th, 2021 at 10:48pm

freediver wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 9:22pm:
NorthOfNorth wrote on Sep 26th, 2021 at 7:14pm:

Quote:

No, that is not why slavery existed. It does not even make sense. Throughout history there have been all sorts of laws governing the treatment of slaves, none of which impacted the existence of slavery.

Would you mind explaining your first absurd theory before inventing another one?

Quote:

What does this mean?

No, there were no laws prohibiting slavery throughout human history in all cultures (up until the end of the 18th century) and only moral reasons for treating slaves well...

Some cultures kept slaves until it was time to eat them.

However, slaveowners did have to be concerned about being attacked by mistreated slaves.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21
Send Topic Print