Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print
There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia (Read 14277 times)
Lastone

Australian Politics

Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Re: There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia
Reply #60 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 11:37am

issuevoter wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 10:22am:
I won't “quoth” you, Raven, but I am sure your post will fall on deaf ears. That is because, in the face of the ugly facts and statistics of Islamic fanaticism, the accusation of Islamophobia is the last resort of so-called, and self-congratulating, liberals.

That liberal train of thought is based on humanism, and due to its ongoing opposition to conservative views, liberalism has had its hands full for more than a century. It was caught off guard when conservative Islam began a string of atrocities in the 1990s, which continue. The liberal point of view suddenly found itself defending Islam on the grounds of multiculturalism, and abhorring Islam's blood lust.

The perception that the Western public is protected from fanatical Islam by our laws, allowed liberals the luxury of pontificating from their long assumed moral high ground. However, the frequency of atrocities by Muzlims in the West caused a shift in public opinion away from the moral assurances of liberalism. To counter this effect liberals, progressives, and humanists have fallen back on the simple expedient of accusing their critics of phobias, or irrational fears. “Islamophobia” was perfectly suited for the media as it has a pseudo-academic tone which liberals have always cultivated. Brian Ross being a perfect example.

You paint a wonderful picture of the west being a chased and virtuous virgin being raped and abused by evil Islam. Shame it is a bit of a fantasy and that the west has been a bit of a slut and whore. The most recent example being the weapons of mass deception and the second Iraq war. Which has as direct consequence the creation of Isis.

The thing that all fundamentalist Religions have in common is that they believe that they are gods chosen and are better than everyone else. Fundamentalist Jews attempt to stone people for working on the Sabbath.  Fundamentalist Christians blow up abortion clinics and assassinate doctors who perform abortions. Fundamentalist Muslims will attempt to make Jihad on the west. The west however cannot claim to have clean hands.

Historically
Algeria 1952 war of Independence with France
Iran 1953 U.S. Backed Coup that installed the Shah
Egypt 1956 British French and Israeli forces invade Egypt
Iraq 1990 perceived double standards by Islamic nations as western coalition  invades Iraq.
Since the establishment of the United Nations, It is a well established Principle that a nation cannot expand it's borders through war. It does not matter if you are the attacker or the defender territories captured as a result war must be handed back.Unless you are Israel.

The first Iraq war was pursued because Saddam Huessan refused to withdraw from Kuwait. The Arab world points a finger in Israel's direction and wonders when the rules will apply there. The point is one does not need to be a religious fanatic in the Middle East to hold some resentment in relation to actions of western Governments.

Perhaps just as the American Battle Hymn of the republic

Quote:
Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;
He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;
He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;
His truth is marching on.

Seeks to rally the troops in that God is on their side, the call for Jihad seeks to rally the faithful to a political cause. Either way I am equally fearful of all fundamentalist religions.

I am yet to see a trickle down lift anyone up

IP Logged

Lastone

Australian Politics

Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Reply #61 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 11:38am

sorry double post

I am yet to see a trickle down lift anyone up

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #62 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 5:12pm

Frank wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 8:28am:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:12pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:10pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 12:06pm:
Gordon wrote on Sep 25th, 2017 at 11:36am:
Islamophobia is used to cloak a vile religion.

Christianity?  Couldn't agree more, Gordon.   Roll Eyes

What are your thoughts on Wahabisim?

I know it's actually spelt, "Wahhabism", Gordon.    Roll Eyes

Grin Grin Grin

The empty-headed pedant raises his thick head.

Explain, Bwian, why the original Arabic requires it to be transcribed with a double h. Obviously a very important distinction for an apologist for fundamentalists like you.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  You resent someone suggesting that someone else should use the correct transliteration in the spelling of "Wahhabism"?  Tsk, tsk, such antipathy, Soren.  Resenting that I've proved you wrong about your beliefs about "race", again?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #63 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 6:29pm

Lastone wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 11:37am:
You paint a wonderful picture of the west being a chased and virtuous virgin being raped and abused by evil Islam.

Indeed. But wait till see FD's

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 6:35pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 6:29pm:
You paint a wonderful picture of the west being a chased and virtuous virgin being raped and abused by evil Islam.

Indeed. The Roman and British empires were virtuous bastions of freedom and democracy, only to succumb to the devious clutches of Islam.

It'll happen to us too if we don't convert to Freeeeeedom (TM).

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 7:24pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 6:35pm:

Indeed. The Roman and British empires were virtuous bastions of freedom and democracy, only to succumb to the devious clutches of Islam.

Muslim countries have independence from evil enlightenment. Keep Muslim where they are, in their own happy and halal little Muslim countries.  Why are they fleeing Islam for the terrible oppressive West? What makes them want to come to the 'oppressors', the' 'racists', the 'I-slam-o-phobes'??

Sooo terrible - yet they keep coming. Why?  Either because Islam is an unbearable way to organise a society - or they are Islamic invaders who indeed what to subjugate the West.  If the former, they would want to assimilate and shed thee medieval madness of Mohammed. If the latter, they would want to stick out like dogs' balls at every opportunity and agitate against the West - just like you clowns do all the time.

You are wanking each other indeed.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #66 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 11:56pm

Frank wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 7:24pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 6:35pm:

Muslim countries have independence from evil enlightenment. Keep Muslim where they are, in their own happy and halal little Muslim countries.  Why are they fleeing Islam for the terrible oppressive West? What makes them want to come to the 'oppressors', the' 'racists', the 'I-slam-o-phobes'??

Sooo terrible - yet they keep coming. Why?  Either because Islam is an unbearable way to organise a society - or they are Islamic invaders who indeed what to subjugate the West.  If the former, they would want to assimilate and shed thee medieval madness of Mohammed. If the latter, they would want to stick out like dogs' balls at every opportunity and agitate against the West - just like you clowns do all the time.

You are wanking each other indeed.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk,tsk, still thinking Muslims all think the same, react the same, worship their religion the same.   Run along, Soren, run along.  I am sure there are some grade ones you can bully in the schoolyard if you look hard enough...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 12:35am

Shure, Brian, but the old boy's right that we're all w@nking each other here.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #68 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 9:25am

You paint a wonderful picture of the west being a chased and virtuous virgin being raped and abused by evil Islam. Shame it is a bit of a fantasy and that the west has been a bit of a slut and whore. The most recent example being the weapons of mass deception and the second Iraq war. Which has as direct consequence the creation of Isis. 

That is literally what happened. Remember, when Islam came onto the scene, the west was the wealthiest region on earth and stretched from Iraq to Spain. What we think of as the west today is the bit that Islam failed to destroy. For most of that history Europe was trying to stop Muslims raiding it for sex slaves. They were only succesful in this fairly recently.

That you try to equate setting up democracy in Iraq with the centuries of rape and pillage just demonstrates your inability to put it into perspective. It is pretty much the opposite. When the Muslims attacked, they were there to stay, and to destroy what was previously a relatively liberal way of life.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 11:16am

You see?

FD's seen the maps.

The tinted maps.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #70 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:28pm

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 9:25am:

That is literally what happened. Remember, when Islam came onto the scene, the west was the wealthiest region on earth and stretched from Iraq to Spain.

Another piece of bullshit, FD.  Tsk, tsk, China was the wealthiest region on Earth.  Europe was in the doldrums, just having left the Dark Ages.   Under Roman rule, Europe, coupled with Northern Africa and the Middle East was even then, less wealthy than China.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #71 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:54pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:28pm:

That is literally what happened. Remember, when Islam came onto the scene, the west was the wealthiest region on earth and stretched from Iraq to Spain.

Another piece of bullshit, FD.  Tsk, tsk, China was the wealthiest region on Earth.  Europe was in the doldrums, just having left the Dark Ages.   Under Roman rule, Europe, coupled with Northern Africa and the Middle East was even then, less wealthy than China.    Roll Eyes

China only became the wealthiest region on earth after the west had stagnated under Islam for several centuries. This was the first time in the 10000 years of human civilisation that the leading civilisation was outside of the western core. Still, the Chinese only managed to achieve similar living standards to what had been over 1000 years earlier under the Romans. Despite the previous example set by the Romans in the same place, the concurrent example set by the Chinese, and the biggest land empire the world had ever seen, the Muslims only achieved stagnation and oppression.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #72 - Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:29pm

freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:54pm:

China only became the wealthiest region on earth after the west had stagnated under Islam for several centuries. This was the first time in the 10000 years of human civilisation that the leading civilisation was outside of the western core. Still, the Chinese only managed to achieve similar living standards to what had been over 1000 years earlier under the Romans. Despite the previous example set by the Romans in the same place, the concurrent example set by the Chinese, and the biggest land empire the world had ever seen, the Muslims only achieved stagnation and oppression.

Muslims did not rule the West, FD, no matter how you attempt to paint it so.  Muslims only ruled the middle-east and the periphery of Europe (for short periods).  Europe was ruled by Europeans for most of it's history.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #73 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 6:40am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 10:29pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:54pm:

Muslims did not rule the West, FD, no matter how you attempt to paint it so.  Muslims only ruled the middle-east and the periphery of Europe (for short periods).  Europe was ruled by Europeans for most of it's history.    Roll Eyes

FD is using Ian Morris's model of "the west" which is basically everything west of China to the atlantic.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #74 - Oct 16th, 2017 at 4:27pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 6:40am:
FD is using Ian Morris's model of "the west" which is basically everything west of China to the atlantic.

What a bizarre definition.  No one else does that.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8
Send Topic Print