Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia (Read 13981 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia
Reply #90 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 9:02pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 8:38am:
freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
You are welcome to read the book for yourself Brian. He provides a causal lineage linking the civilisation that began in Iraq, then whose centre shifted to Iran, Egypt, Rome, London, New York.

Ah, so in other words, basically everything west of China to the Atlantic.

You are confused Gandalf. Did you even read what you quoted?

polite_gandalf wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 8:38am:
freediver wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 9:22pm:
You are welcome to read the book for yourself Brian.

2% of it should suffice right?

Probably much less than 2%. I'd suggest reading the bit where he explains what he means by east and west. I'm not going to harp on about your credibility on interpreting his explanation of that just because you don't read the rest of the book. That would be silly, wouldn't it Gandalf?

Quote:
And of course he doesn't make an effort to explain why it's "centre" shifted, I take it, FD?

Yes he does Brian. It is one of the core theses of the book. Why do you say such silly things?

Quote:
Funny about how the centre shifted well before the arising of Islam, now isn't it?

Are you trying to make a point Brian? Or just laughing at your own ignorance?

Quote:
You are aware that he is merely a lone historian and that his views run counter to the accepted norm of that profession?

I doubt you know what his views are or what the accepted norm is. Run away now. I'd hate to see you get bullied just because you sprout and endless stream of idiotic nonsense.

Frank wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 8:54pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 5:28pm:
freediver wrote on Oct 15th, 2017 at 9:25am:
Lastone wrote on Oct 14th, 2017 at 11:37am:
You paint a wonderful picture of the west being a chased and virtuous virgin being raped and abused by evil Islam. Shame it is a bit of a fantasy and that the west has been a bit of a slut and whore. The most recent example being the weapons of mass deception and the second Iraq war. Which has as direct consequence the creation of Isis. 

That is literally what happened. Remember, when Islam came onto the scene, the west was the wealthiest region on earth and stretched from Iraq to Spain.

Another piece of bullshit, FD.  Tsk, tsk, China was the wealthiest region on Earth.  Europe was in the doldrums, just having left the Dark Ages.   Under Roman rule, Europe, coupled with Northern Africa and the Middle East was even then, less wealthy than China.    Roll Eyes

Evidence, big thick? Or just stupidity from you, again?

Despite being a self confessed expert on history (among many topics), Brian still struggles with concepts like 'before' and 'after'.
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2017 at 9:10pm by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #91 - Oct 17th, 2017 at 9:17pm

Have you done the word count yet, FD?

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Reply #92 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 6:39am

Muzlim religious fanatics killed 74 in Afghanistan today. Sure, Islam is just like any other culture, we all kill people for God.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #93 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 3:19pm

Justsayno wrote on Oct 16th, 2017 at 7:23pm:
China was the wealthiest region on Earth

I know you claim you studied history, must have been Australian eh Brian for until the 1500 mark India was the wealthiest nation on Earth. Shame about that.
You should stick to Australian History as its a lot shorter and you may be able to retain a semblance of cognizance, but I doubt it.

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 5:39pm:
No.  I challenged yours first, JSN.  Cough up or shut up.

Oh No you poor little man I challenged you first so in your own words "Cough up or shut up"

PS who is jsn.

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 3:55pm

Justsayno wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 3:19pm:

I know you claim you studied history, must have been Australian eh Brian for until the 1500 mark India was the wealthiest nation on Earth. Shame about that.
You should stick to Australian History as its a lot shorter and you may be able to retain a semblance of cognizance, but I doubt it.

Oh No you poor little man I challenged you first so in your own words "Cough up or shut up"

PS who is jsn.

You just asked me about Matty.

Here's another answer.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #95 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:15pm

You paint a wonderful picture of the west being a chased and virtuous virgin being raped and abused by evil Islam. Shame it is a bit of a fantasy and that the west has been a bit of a slut and whore. The most recent example being the weapons of mass deception and the second Iraq war. Which has as direct consequence the creation of Isis. 

That is literally what happened. Remember, when Islam came onto the scene, the west was the wealthiest region on earth and stretched from Iraq to Spain.

Another piece of bullshit, FD.  Tsk, tsk, China was the wealthiest region on Earth.  Europe was in the doldrums, just having left the Dark Ages.   Under Roman rule, Europe, coupled with Northern Africa and the Middle East was even then, less wealthy than China.    Roll Eyes

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Tsk tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #96 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:19pm

freediver wrote on Oct 17th, 2017 at 9:02pm:
I doubt you know what his views are or what the accepted norm is. Run away now. I'd hate to see you get bullied just because you sprout and endless stream of idiotic nonsense.

If it is "nonsense", you should have no trouble disproving it, FD.  What?  No evidence, no argument other than your usual ad hominem nonsense?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

Despite being a self confessed expert on history (among many topics), Brian still struggles with concepts like 'before' and 'after'.

Do I, FD?  Tsk, tsk. run along.  I see you've started another thread.  Trying to bully me doesn't work, FD.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #97 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:27pm

Now, here, FD is someone who doesn't understand who was on first...   Roll Eyes

Quote:
PS who is jsn.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #98 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 6:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:19pm:

If it is "nonsense", you should have no trouble disproving it, FD.  What?  No evidence, no argument other than your usual ad hominem nonsense?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

You posted something idiotic. Again. You cannot back it up. Again. You can't expect to be taken seriously demanding others disprove your endless stream of gibberish.

This is the level you have to sink to in order to defend Islam.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #99 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 7:40pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:27pm:

Now, here, FD is someone who doesn't understand who was on first... 

Quote:
PS who is jsn.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk.

You have made claims, now prove them or go to your hovel with your tail between your legs.

No more of your ad hom brian, as it just goes to prove you do NOT have a university education. Charlatan, put up or clear off Brian.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #100 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 8:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:15pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Stupidity, then. As usual.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #101 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:23pm

freediver wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:19pm:

You posted something idiotic. Again. You cannot back it up. Again. You can't expect to be taken seriously demanding others disprove your endless stream of gibberish.

This is the level you have to sink to in order to defend Islam.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  If it is "nonsense", you should have no trouble disproving it, FD.  What?  No evidence, no argument other than your usual ad hominem nonsense?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #102 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:25pm

Justsayno wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 7:40pm:

Quote:
PS who is jsn.

You have made claims, now prove them or go to your hovel with your tail between your legs.

No more of your ad hom brian, as it just goes to prove you do NOT have a university education. Charlatan, put up or clear off Brian.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Tsk, tsk.  Run along, JSN.   Run along.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #103 - Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:26pm

Frank wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 8:45pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 5:15pm:

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Stupidity, then. As usual.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Tsk, tsk, as usual, no arguments, just insults, hey, Soren?   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #104 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 8:32am

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 9:25pm:
Justsayno wrote on Oct 18th, 2017 at 7:40pm:

Quote:
PS who is jsn.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me. Tsk, tsk.  Run along, .   Run along.   

QED, no university education eh Brian.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print