Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia (Read 13214 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: There’s No Such Thing as Islamophobia
Reply #105 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:27pm

Brian did they teach you the meaning of words like 'before' and 'after' when you did your history degree?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #106 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 3:43pm

freediver wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 12:27pm:
Brian did they teach you the meaning of words like 'before' and 'after' when you did your history degree?

FD, did your parents tell you the difference between outright lies and the truth when you were growing up?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #107 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:24pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 3:43pm:

FD, did your parents tell you the difference between outright lies and the truth when you were growing up?   Roll Eyes

Yeah - that's why I asked you for evidence for your assertion about China - to be able to tell the difference between lies and truth.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #108 - Oct 19th, 2017 at 9:20pm

Frank wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 6:24pm:

Yeah - that's why I asked you for evidence for your assertion about China - to be able to tell the difference between lies and truth.

Sore, when you discover the polite button on your keyboard, I might answer your questions.

You do know how to use Google, don't you?  Tsk, tsk, none are so blind as those that will not see and will not do any research themselves...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #109 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:09pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 19th, 2017 at 9:20pm:
Tsk, tsk, none are so blind as those that will not see and will not do any research themselves.

Is this known as "crapophobia" Brian?

None, on this forum are as blind as You.

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #110 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:12pm

Justsayno wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:09pm:
Tsk, tsk, none are so blind as those that will not see and will not do any research themselves.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Move along folks, move along.  Nothing worth looking at here, nothing at all.  It's just JSN using ad huminem insults.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Justsayno

Australian Politics

On The Planet Earth
Reply #111 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:12pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Move along folks, move along.  Nothing worth looking at here, nothing at all.  It's just JSN using ad huminem insults.  Tsk, tsk.   

More crapophobia from the charlatan.

Justsayno Go home and have talk to your fictitious autistic son, looser.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #112 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 5:34pm

Justsayno wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:21pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 4:12pm:

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Move along folks, move along.  Nothing worth looking at here, nothing at all.  It's just JSN using ad huminem insults.  Tsk, tsk.   

More crapophobia from the charlatan.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.   Move along folks, move along.  Nothing worth looking at here, nothing at all.  It's just JSN using ad huminem insults.  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #113 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 6:32pm

Sore, when you discover the polite button on your keyboard, I might answer your questions.

You do know how to use Google, don't you?  Tsk, tsk, none are so blind as those that will not see and will not do any research themselves...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I don't think google is going to help people figure out why Brian can't tell the difference between before and after.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #114 - Oct 20th, 2017 at 7:20pm

freediver wrote on Oct 20th, 2017 at 6:32pm:

I don't think google is going to help people figure out why Brian can't tell the difference between before and after.

Who claimed that was a function of Google?

I suppose you and the other Islamophobes can just fall back on your Islamophobia to tell you right from wrong, correct, FD?    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #115 - Mar 7th, 2024 at 10:04am

In Britain, phobia is hardly the right word for any fear Salman Rushdie, author of The Satanic Verses, might feel. Sir Iqbal Sacranie, the former secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain, said: ‘Death, perhaps, is a bit too easy for him. His mind must be tormented for the rest of his life unless he asks for forgiveness to Almighty Allah.’ A Muslim who is losing his faith would have good reason to fear the penalty for apostasy, which is death. When I taxed Sir Iqbal with this on television, he said, ‘It’s very rarely enforced’. That’s good to hear. But a would-be apostate doesn’t have to be ‘phobic’ to still feel a reasonable fear.

The All Party Parliamentary Group on British Muslims’ definition of Islamophobia, which was published in 2018, begins with the statement that it’s a form of racism. In a new paper for the Free Speech Union, Tim Dieppe makes the obvious point that Islam is not a race, and he very well develops the inconsistencies that this remarkable solecism leads to.

I would make one further observation. A religion is something you can convert to, or opt out of. Your race isn’t like that. You can’t convert to a race or leave it. The fact that you can’t leave your race means that, if Islam is indeed a race, apostasy is literally impossible. Yet apostasy has to be possible in Islam or it couldn’t be punishable by death. So the statement that Islamophobia is a form of racism is more than just incorrect. It contradicts a fundamental, and incidentally obnoxious, tenet of Islam.

Here I have not considered the issue of freedom of speech. Tim Dieppe covers it so well that I have nothing to add, except this final thought. If ‘Islamophobia’ becomes punishable by law, will it be illegal to even state, as a matter of fact, that a woman in some Islamic countries can be stoned to death for the crime of speaking to a man other than her husband? Will I be arrested for stating the undenied fact that apostasy carries the death penalty?

If so, bring it on. I look forward to defending myself in court.
Richard Dawkins is an evolutionary biologist and author. The above is an edited version of his introduction to the Free Speech Union’s latest briefing paper, Banning Islamophobia: Blasphemy Law by the Backdoor.
https://www.spiked-online.com/2024/03/04/some-fears-about-islam-are-entirely-rat...

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print