Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 62
Send Topic Print
Gender affirmation leave (Read 14354 times)
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Gender affirmation leave
Reply #435 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:33pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:30pm:
Weirdly, you get hot under the collar when I talk about integration. I doubt that you misread a word to interpret it to mean assimilation. I figure you already have a mindset ready to fight from your keyboard.

As for drug use among the gay community, I was surprised by the Australian statistics. Perhaps either side is either embellishing or understating the amount of drug use among their respective sexual orientation. Or the statistics are a true representation that show a remarkable usage of the drugs in gay communities.

Just from my impression, gay people seem to be in the media a lot more prominently, given that they make up probably 5% of the Australian community. But, drug use is not a pre-requisite to being good at your artform. Surely, a coping mechanism is what accounts for the usage of drugs, no matter what sexual orientation people have. I happen to use alcohol to cope with my schizophrenia. I have read that schizophrenics generally have a higher indulgence in using alcohol. So, it is not beyond plausibility that gay people use drugs to cope with their life.

Being gay does not make one a drug user. My co-worker is a non-drinker, non-drug user. She can't use drugs for medical reasons, anyway. She is bisexual. So, we can at least agree there that being gay is not synonymous with drug addiction. Only that gay people have a higher indulgence in drug use.

No, but artistic people tend to take drugs.  *shrug*.  What about life being gay needs coping with? LOL!!!

The problem is not if gay people use drugs more.  The problem is the bullshit you extrapolate from that. Drug use and drug abuse are two different things

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #436 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:34pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:20pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:16pm:
Gnads wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:03pm:
He's younger than you phuckknuckle Grin

I doubt that MoistPerson is older than me. He sounds too young to be older than 43. And his children sound made up to cover for the fact that he is transgender.

I take that to be a compliment.  Like young people, I have morals and don't use trans as an insult

You can take that in the back door for all I care. What seems apparent is your need to make up stories about having children, and one of them being trans. It seems that you are just trying to deflect your own personality away onto a made-up person so that you can vent your frustrations about the topic.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #437 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:37pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:34pm:
You can take that in the back door for all I care. What seems apparent is your need to make up stories about having children, and one of them being trans. It seems that you are just trying to deflect your own personality away onto a made-up person so that you can vent your frustrations about the topic.

Do the facts of my life expose your bullshit so thoroughly that you have to insist i am lying? LOL!!!

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #438 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:42pm

There's no such thing as high functioning schizophrenia.  You might be autistic such people were diagnosed schizophrenic in the 80s.

Every person with a disadvantage should get supprt, not just the ones you like.

Most scum use honesty as an excuse.  I've still exposed your bullshit.

Moist, I happen to be an example of someone who is high functioning schizophrenic. It is only when I have a schizophrenic episode that I am not high functioning. My schizophrenia is only a problem when I misread signals or mistake someone for someone else. Those are the major characteristics of my own personal mental health condition. I also had a persecution complex at one stage.

I agree with you -- Every person with a disadvantage should get support. Being LGTBQ is not a disadvantage anymore. The issue of discriminating against someone because of their sexuality was on the way out before I went through high school. That was 1992. You are grasping at straws at best if you think being gay is still a hindrance.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #439 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:44pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:37pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:34pm:

Do the facts of my life expose your bullshit so thoroughly that you have to insist i am lying? LOL!!!

Could you rewrite that 'sentence' to show you are an educated adult?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #440 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:44pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:42pm:
There's no such thing as high functioning schizophrenia.  You might be autistic such people were diagnosed schizophrenic in the 80s.

Every person with a disadvantage should get supprt, not just the ones you like.

Most scum use honesty as an excuse.  I've still exposed your bullshit.

Moist, I happen to be an example of someone who is high functioning schizophrenic. It is only when I have a schizophrenic episode that I am not high functioning. My schizophrenia is only a problem when I misread signals or mistake someone for someone else. Those are the major characteristics of my own personal mental health condition. I also had a persecution complex at one stage.

I agree with you -- Every person with a disadvantage should get support. Being LGTBQ is not a disadvantage anymore. The issue of discriminating against someone because of their sexuality was on the way out before I went through high school. That was 1992. You are grasping at straws at best if you think being gay is still a hindrance.

This sounds like autism to me Smiley

Being LGBTIQ is less and less of a disadvantage and gay people get less and less support as a result.  You can't give one real example of unreasonable assistance given to gay people. 

But it is still true they have to deal with your bullshit.  It's just that you're increasingly irrelevant.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #441 - May 27th, 2022 at 1:32pm

The so-called “trans debate” actually effects 100% of society, because it’s about whether or not we have right to acknowledge what we see with our own eyes. If we can’t acknowledge reality, we do not live in a free society. It’s authoritarian under the guise of politeness.
Sally Grover

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #442 - May 27th, 2022 at 1:40pm

You want to put gender benders and homos on the NDIS as a disability?  And all this time here I was thinking they were strong etc and could handle it all on their own.....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #443 - May 27th, 2022 at 1:44pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:33pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:30pm:
Weirdly, you get hot under the collar when I talk about integration. I doubt that you misread a word to interpret it to mean assimilation. I figure you already have a mindset ready to fight from your keyboard.

As for drug use among the gay community, I was surprised by the Australian statistics. Perhaps either side is either embellishing or understating the amount of drug use among their respective sexual orientation. Or the statistics are a true representation that show a remarkable usage of the drugs in gay communities.

Just from my impression, gay people seem to be in the media a lot more prominently, given that they make up probably 5% of the Australian community. But, drug use is not a pre-requisite to being good at your artform. Surely, a coping mechanism is what accounts for the usage of drugs, no matter what sexual orientation people have. I happen to use alcohol to cope with my schizophrenia. I have read that schizophrenics generally have a higher indulgence in using alcohol. So, it is not beyond plausibility that gay people use drugs to cope with their life.

Being gay does not make one a drug user. My co-worker is a non-drinker, non-drug user. She can't use drugs for medical reasons, anyway. She is bisexual. So, we can at least agree there that being gay is not synonymous with drug addiction. Only that gay people have a higher indulgence in drug use.

No, but artistic people tend to take drugs.  *shrug*.  What about life being gay needs coping with? LOL!!!

The problem is not if gay people use drugs more.  The problem is the bullshit you extrapolate from that. Drug use and drug abuse are two different things

As a former part-time professional actor and familiar with many such, I beg to differ - good actors do not use drugs.. it hinders their work. Some do - yes - it is an easy life  and easy to fall into that trap, but the really good ones do not, and they last a hell of a lot longer.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #444 - May 27th, 2022 at 2:34pm

Frank wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 1:32pm:
The so-called “trans debate” actually effects 100% of society, because it’s about whether or not we have right to acknowledge what we see with our own eyes. If we can’t acknowledge reality, we do not live in a free society. It’s authoritarian under the guise of politeness.
Sally Grover

Yes, you are right.  You are deeply offended by the idea of kindness to strangers and would go out of your way to insult people who don't conform to your gender norms.  You are garbage

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #445 - May 27th, 2022 at 2:34pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 1:40pm:
You want to put gender benders and homos on the NDIS as a disability?  And all this time here I was thinking they were strong etc and could handle it all on their own.....

Who you talking to, old man?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #446 - May 27th, 2022 at 2:35pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 1:44pm:
As a former part-time professional actor and familiar with many such, I beg to differ - good actors do not use drugs.. it hinders their work. Some do - yes - it is an easy life  and easy to fall into that trap, but the really good ones do not, and they last a hell of a lot longer.

You were in the background of neighbours one time?

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #447 - May 27th, 2022 at 4:15pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 2:34pm:

Here is the news - your own petard:-

"Being LGBTIQ is less and less of a disadvantage and gay people get less and less support as a result."

So when exactly was being a gender bender a disadvantage and how, and for what reason do or did gay people need any support?  Ipso facto - if they are 'getting less and less support' - you are implying being gay is some form of disability, thus in need of assistance, probably from the NDIS.

Your words, sonny. 

I've worked with gays in the CPS - no disadvantage and some highly respected for their work - I've known gays who own and run advertising agencies at big profit - I've known gays who are doctors and such - I've known gays who own and run high class hotels and such..... where is the disadvantage?

Clearly your ideological stance is blind and limited to what is, in reality, contempt for Gender Bender and Gay people.... you feel, in your arse of arses, that they are 'lesser beings' in need of help - just like you treat our Noble Abos....

Talk about crass Paternalism..... big Daddy Mummy Nanny State to the fore...

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #448 - May 27th, 2022 at 4:17pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 2:35pm:
Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 1:44pm:

You were in the background of neighbours one time?

A few movies and a few stage plays..... one movie I didn't even recognise myself in a Wyatt Earp moustache, and the kids' mother, working on crew, took ages to realise who it was in that suit and makeup.... a chameleon...... hiding in plain sight....

Neighbours, schneighbours....

― John Adams

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #449 - May 27th, 2022 at 4:20pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 4:15pm:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 2:34pm:

Here is the news - your own petard:-

"Being LGBTIQ is less and less of a disadvantage and gay people get less and less support as a result."

So when exactly was being a gender bender a disadvantage and how, and for what reason do or did gay people need any support?  Ipso facto - if they are 'getting less and less support - you are implying being gay is some form of disability, thus in need of assistance, probably from the NDIS.

Your words, sonny. 

I've worked with gays in the CPS - no disadvantage and some highly respected for their work - I've known gays who own and run advertising agencies at big profit - I've known gays who are doctors and such - I've known gays who own and run high class hotels and such..... where is the disadvantage?

Clearly your ideological stance is blind and limited to what is, in reality, contempt for Gender Bender and Gay people.... you feel, in your arse of arses, that they are 'lesser beings' in need of help - just like you treat our Noble Abos....

Talk about crass Paternalism..... big Daddy Mummy Nanny State to the fore...

It was a disadvantage when it was illegal, and it was socially acceptable to both belittle and assault them.  Being gay is not a disability.  Being black is not a disability.  Issues are only caused by bigots.

You are basically retarded.  yes, some people are rich.  But overall, they are disadvantaged. 

nothing you say is true.  You basically cry at me because you're a worthless old piece of sh*t watching your world burn down around you.  I could write a bot to answer you, it would make no difference.  You would still cry.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 62
Send Topic Print