Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 62
Send Topic Print
Gender affirmation leave (Read 14417 times)
UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Decent Price Affirmation NOW!
Reply #420 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:57am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:53am:
Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:48am:
Anyone disagree?

It's just stupid.  They can't change the rising price of food, nor does 10 days of leave to a casual paid $200 a week change your grocery prices particularly

Usually, part-timers and full-timers are only allowed paid leave. Casuals do not. And I would definitely mind if a worker got paid $400 in 10 days time off for the purpose of gender affirmation. Stupid idiot, much?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Re: Gender affirmation leave
Reply #421 - May 27th, 2022 at 11:05am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:56am:
A handful of dumb bigots have been proven to be no loss ever since Coles and Woolies doubled down on carrying halal food.

You think most people are as ignorant and hateful as all your friends in the nursing home.  This is your main error....

What the hell does providing halal food have to do with giving someone 10 days off to affirm their gender? I went into the grocery store last Sunday and bought myself a 24 x 600mL pack of halal water. The only issue with the halal certification was the cost of changing over to show what foods are halal. Muslim people already know what foods are halal. We even have packaging where the ingredients and nutritional value are shown. There is no reason for halal certification.

You think most people are so intolerant of the gay and lesbian community that we need to be forced to accept special privileges to them LGTBQ community. I also do not have friends in nursing homes. It turns out that I am gerontophobic.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #422 - May 27th, 2022 at 11:08am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:57am:
Usually, part-timers and full-timers are only allowed paid leave. Casuals do not. And I would definitely mind if a worker got paid $400 in 10 days time off for the purpose of gender affirmation. Stupid idiot, much?

What the hell does providing halal food have to do with giving someone 10 days off to affirm their gender? I went into the grocery store last Sunday and bought myself a 24 x 600mL pack of halal water. The only issue with the halal certification was the cost of changing over to show what foods are halal. Muslim people already know what foods are halal. We even have packaging where the ingredients and nutritional value are shown. There is no reason for halal certification.

You think most people are so intolerant of the gay and lesbian community that we need to be forced to accept special privileges to them LGTBQ community. I also do not have friends in nursing homes. It turns out that I am gerontophobic.

Yes, you are an idiot.

It proves that Coles have learned there's no money in pandering to bigots.  Hala is more complex than your fevered little brain can imagine.  People pay for it because they want to.

I am good friends with Mohammed El Mouhley.  He loves to make fun of you.

There are no special privileges, you dumb cnut.  I've asked you to list them more than once.

you have no friends in the nursing home? I am not shocked

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #423 - May 27th, 2022 at 11:41am

If you are female, non-white, gay, or religious, you can use whatever applies to you to expect sympathy from the wider community. That is the privilege I am talking about.

And if Coles decided to pander to homosexuals, Muslims, females, or other non-whites in a way that is not reflective of non-discrimination practices, you can imagine the walk out that their shoppers would do, no matter what their background.

I have no idea who this Mohammed El Mouhley person is. But, if he is anything like you, he won't be all that bright.

No, I do not have friends in nursing homes. Most of my friends are aged between 18 and 60.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #424 - May 27th, 2022 at 11:43am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 11:41am:
If you are female, non-white, gay, or religious, you can use whatever applies to you to expect sympathy from the wider community. That is the privilege I am talking about.

And if Coles decided to pander to homosexuals, Muslims, females, or other non-whites in a way that is not reflective of non-discrimination practices, you can imagine the walk out that their shoppers would do, no matter what their background.

I have no idea who this Mohammed El Mouhley person is. But, if he is anything like you, he won't be all that bright.

No, I do not have friends in nursing homes. Most of my friends are aged between 18 and 60.

Oh, you're saying people with disadvantage get people's FEELINGS to use to buy a house and so on?

The fact remains, most people think you're a vile old cnut, most people are not even talking about this because it just doesn't matter.

Except your girlfriend, who is 14.  I know

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #425 - May 27th, 2022 at 11:57am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:23am:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:52am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:51am:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:39am:
" Heterosexual people are not out to make homosexual people's lives a living hell."

This is demonstrably not true.

Every frickin' time a homosexual person is bashed or killed, the thug is condemned for their act. Hardly anyone in the modern society cheers on the actions of a thug who bashes someone for being a homosexual. I have not done the research on statistics regarding this, but I would guess that homosexuals are more likely to be victims of crime. And I would assume that much of these crimes against homosexuals are probably drug-related.

So you stupidly assume gay people take drugs.  When the reason they were killed is their sexuality, you think we should shut up about it?

You stupidly imply that gay people are above reproach. And to imply that gay people do not take drugs would fly in the face of research.

Quote:
Substance Use
Studies have shown that, when compared with the general population, gay and bisexual men, lesbian, and transgender individuals are more likely to:

Use alcohol and drugs,
Have higher rates of substance abuse,
Not withhold from alcohol and drug use, and
Continue heavy drinking into later life.

Source: "Gay and Bisexual Men's Health" https://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/substance-abuse.htm, accessed 27th of May, 2022.

Or you can use an Australian source:

Quote:
Unlike smoking and drinking alcohol at risky levels, recent use of illicit drugs has not declined among people who identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual between 2010 and 2019. In 2019, 2 in 5 (40%) people identifying as lesbian, gay or bisexual had recently used any illicit drug, compared with 36% in 2010 (AIHW 2020).

When adjusted for age, stability in recent drug use is relatively consistent across drug types between 2016 and 2019, with the exception of:

non-medical use of pharmaceuticals, which fell from 12.2% in 2016 to 6.3% in 2019
inhalants, which rose from 5.9% in 2016 to 9.9% in 2019 (AIHW 2020).
Estimates from the NDSHS show that lesbian, gay and bisexual people continue to be more likely than heterosexual people to use a range of illicit drugs (AIHW 2020). In 2019, after adjusting for age differences, 36% of people who identified as lesbian, gay or bisexual had recently used any illicit drug, compared with 16.1% of heterosexual people (Table S3.60). Compared with people who identified as heterosexual, people identifying as lesbian, gay or bisexual were:

9.0 times as likely to have recently used inhalants (9.9% compared with 1.1%)
3.9 times as likely to have recently used meth/amphetamine (5.1% compared with 1.3%)
3.5 times as likely to have recently used hallucinogens (4.9% compared with 1.4%)
2.6 times as likely to have recently used ecstasy (7.4% compared with 2.9%) (Table S3.60; Figure LGBTIQ1) (AIHW 2020).

Source: "Alcohol, tobacco & other drugs in Australia" https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/alcohol/alcohol-tobacco-other-drugs-australia/co..., Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, accessed 27th of May, 2022.

I do not know how else to tell you, Future, but drug use is common among the homosexual community. Much of it is for coping purposes. Otherwise, it is recreational. Dare I say it again, but higher rates of victimhood among the gay community would likely stem from some drug-related activity.

I am not saying that being gay is not the reason why some gay people get bashed (and even killed in some cases). But, you should at least concede that I am right that MOST of the reason for the victim hood is due to the drug-related activity.

You wasting your time posting links for FurtherLeftWanker.

Only his words are true .... inconvenient truths are ignored.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #426 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:01pm

Gnads wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 11:57am:
Source: "Alcohol, tobacco & other drugs in Australia" https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/alcohol/alcohol-tobacco-other-drugs-australia/co..., Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, accessed 27th of May, 2022.

I do not know how else to tell you, Future, but drug use is common among the homosexual community. Much of it is for coping purposes. Otherwise, it is recreational. Dare I say it again, but higher rates of victimhood among the gay community would likely stem from some drug-related activity.

I am not saying that being gay is not the reason why some gay people get bashed (and even killed in some cases). But, you should at least concede that I am right that MOST of the reason for the victim hood is due to the drug-related activity.

Weirdly I didn't see that.  Now it's possible that gay people are more likely to be in scenes like the arts that have drugs.  But being gay does not lead to drug use.  About 1/3 of gay people use drugs, apparently.  You can't say if someone is gay they are, or even probably are, a drug user.

The bit about 'coping purposes' is pure bullshit and this was my point.  Even if the core statistic is true, right wing trash will lie about it. 

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #427 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:01pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:53am:
Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:48am:
Anyone disagree?

It's just stupid.  They can't change the rising price of food, nor does 10 days of leave to a casual paid $200 a week change your grocery prices particularly

What BS...... you keep tossing it up.

Coles & the majors do control the market prices of food ...by the contracts they hold with producers.

and yes giving trans people an extra 10 days(2 weeks) leave costs will be passed on to consumers.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #428 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:03pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 11:43am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 11:41am:

Oh, you're saying people with disadvantage get people's FEELINGS to use to buy a house and so on?

The fact remains, most people think you're a vile old cnut, most people are not even talking about this because it just doesn't matter.

He's younger than you phuckknuckle Grin

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #429 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:04pm

Gnads wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:01pm:
What BS...... you keep tossing it up.

Coles & the majors do control the market prices of food ...by the contracts they hold with producers.

and yes giving trans people an extra 10 days(2 weeks) leave costs will be passed on to consumers.

I promise that giving the odd bit of gender leave will not amortise to adding one cent to the cost of lettuce.  You smacking tool.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #430 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:14pm

I am saying that in the 21st century, minority groups are usually a protected group of people. I actually account for a different minority group because of my schizophrenia. I am high functioning. But, people have said that they are going easy on me on account of my mental health -- including this discussion forum site. I do not wish to sound hypocritical. That is why I included myself as having been given privileges because of my condition. It is just not necessary for me to produce the mental health card to defend myself. Therefore, I would consider it demeaning that other people from minority groups use their status to advance themselves at the expense of others.

Quote:

I should start referring to you as "MostPeople". Maybe I should call you "MoistPeople". Aaaaaanyway... I doubt that 43 years of age makes me "old". And telling it like it is makes me honest -- not vile.

Quote:

<sarcasm> How did you find out about Stephanie?? Did she tell you to stop selling drugs outside her house?</sarcasm>

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #431 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:16pm

Gnads wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:03pm:

I doubt that MoistPerson is older than me. He sounds too young to be older than 43. And his children sound made up to cover for the fact that he is transgender.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #432 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:20pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:14pm:

I am saying that in the 21st century, minority groups are usually a protected group of people. I actually account for a different minority group because of my schizophrenia. I am high functioning. But, people have said that they are going easy on me on account of my mental health -- including this discussion forum site. I do not wish to sound hypocritical. That is why I included myself as having been given privileges because of my condition. It is just not necessary for me to produce the mental health card to defend myself. Therefore, I would consider it demeaning that other people from minority groups use their status to advance themselves at the expense of others.

Quote:

I should start referring to you as "MostPeople". Maybe I should call you "MoistPeople". Aaaaaanyway... I doubt that 43 years of age makes me "old". And telling it like it is makes me honest -- not vile.

Quote:

<sarcasm> How did you find out about Stephanie?? Did she tell you to stop selling drugs outside her house?</sarcasm>

There's no such thing as high functioning schizophrenia.  You might be autistic such people were diagnosed schizophrenic in the 80s.

Every person with a disadvantage should get supprt, not just the ones you like.

Most scum use honesty as an excuse.  I've still exposed your bullshit.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #433 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:20pm

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:16pm:
Gnads wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:03pm:

I doubt that MoistPerson is older than me. He sounds too young to be older than 43. And his children sound made up to cover for the fact that he is transgender.

I take that to be a compliment.  Like young people, I have morals and don't use trans as an insult

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #434 - May 27th, 2022 at 12:30pm

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 12:01pm:
Gnads wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 11:57am:

Weirdly I didn't see that.  Now it's possible that gay people are more likely to be in scenes like the arts that have drugs.  But being gay does not lead to drug use.  About 1/3 of gay people use drugs, apparently.  You can't say if someone is gay they are, or even probably are, a drug user.

The bit about 'coping purposes' is pure bullshit and this was my point.  Even if the core statistic is true, right wing trash will lie about it. 

Weirdly, you get hot under the collar when I talk about integration. I doubt that you misread a word to interpret it to mean assimilation. I figure you already have a mindset ready to fight from your keyboard.

As for drug use among the gay community, I was surprised by the Australian statistics. Perhaps either side is either embellishing or understating the amount of drug use among their respective sexual orientation. Or the statistics are a true representation that show a remarkable usage of the drugs in gay communities.

Just from my impression, gay people seem to be in the media a lot more prominently, given that they make up probably 5% of the Australian community. But, drug use is not a pre-requisite to being good at your artform. Surely, a coping mechanism is what accounts for the usage of drugs, no matter what sexual orientation people have. I happen to use alcohol to cope with my schizophrenia. I have read that schizophrenics generally have a higher indulgence in using alcohol. So, it is not beyond plausibility that gay people use drugs to cope with their life.

Being gay does not make one a drug user. My co-worker is a non-drinker, non-drug user. She can't use drugs for medical reasons, anyway. She is bisexual. So, we can at least agree there that being gay is not synonymous with drug addiction. Only that gay people have a higher indulgence in drug use.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 62
Send Topic Print