Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 62
Send Topic Print
Gender affirmation leave (Read 14422 times)
FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Gender affirmation leave
Reply #405 - May 27th, 2022 at 9:43am

Gnads wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:41am:
You're an idiot ... a fantasing idiot.

Your penis is attached to your forehead.

Stop hitting on me

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #406 - May 27th, 2022 at 9:51am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:39am:
" Heterosexual people are not out to make homosexual people's lives a living hell."

This is demonstrably not true.

Every frickin' time a homosexual person is bashed or killed, the thug is condemned for their act. Hardly anyone in the modern society cheers on the actions of a thug who bashes someone for being a homosexual. I have not done the research on statistics regarding this, but I would guess that homosexuals are more likely to be victims of crime. And I would assume that much of these crimes against homosexuals are probably drug-related.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #407 - May 27th, 2022 at 9:52am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:51am:
" Heterosexual people are not out to make homosexual people's lives a living hell."

Every frickin' time a homosexual person is bashed or killed, the thug is condemned for their act. Hardly anyone in the modern society cheers on the actions of a thug who bashes someone for being a homosexual. I have not done the research on statistics regarding this, but I would guess that homosexuals are more likely to be victims of crime. And I would assume that much of these crimes against homosexuals are probably drug-related.

So you stupidly assume gay people take drugs.  When the reason they were killed is their sexuality, you think we should shut up about it?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #408 - May 27th, 2022 at 9:53am

Gordon wrote on May 20th, 2022 at 8:14am:

^^^ This is why China keeps laughing at us 😩😔😐

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #409 - May 27th, 2022 at 9:56am

Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:53am:

Because one supermarket decided it was profitable to support the children they pay pittance to?

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #410 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:23am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:52am:
UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:51am:

So you stupidly assume gay people take drugs.  When the reason they were killed is their sexuality, you think we should shut up about it?

You stupidly imply that gay people are above reproach. And to imply that gay people do not take drugs would fly in the face of research.

Quote:
Substance Use
Studies have shown that, when compared with the general population, gay and bisexual men, lesbian, and transgender individuals are more likely to:

Use alcohol and drugs,
Have higher rates of substance abuse,
Not withhold from alcohol and drug use, and
Continue heavy drinking into later life.

Source: "Gay and Bisexual Men's Health" https://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/substance-abuse.htm, accessed 27th of May, 2022.

Or you can use an Australian source:

Quote:
Unlike smoking and drinking alcohol at risky levels, recent use of illicit drugs has not declined among people who identify as lesbian, gay or bisexual between 2010 and 2019. In 2019, 2 in 5 (40%) people identifying as lesbian, gay or bisexual had recently used any illicit drug, compared with 36% in 2010 (AIHW 2020).

When adjusted for age, stability in recent drug use is relatively consistent across drug types between 2016 and 2019, with the exception of:

non-medical use of pharmaceuticals, which fell from 12.2% in 2016 to 6.3% in 2019
inhalants, which rose from 5.9% in 2016 to 9.9% in 2019 (AIHW 2020).
Estimates from the NDSHS show that lesbian, gay and bisexual people continue to be more likely than heterosexual people to use a range of illicit drugs (AIHW 2020). In 2019, after adjusting for age differences, 36% of people who identified as lesbian, gay or bisexual had recently used any illicit drug, compared with 16.1% of heterosexual people (Table S3.60). Compared with people who identified as heterosexual, people identifying as lesbian, gay or bisexual were:

9.0 times as likely to have recently used inhalants (9.9% compared with 1.1%)
3.9 times as likely to have recently used meth/amphetamine (5.1% compared with 1.3%)
3.5 times as likely to have recently used hallucinogens (4.9% compared with 1.4%)
2.6 times as likely to have recently used ecstasy (7.4% compared with 2.9%) (Table S3.60; Figure LGBTIQ1) (AIHW 2020).

Source: "Alcohol, tobacco & other drugs in Australia" https://www.aihw.gov.au/reports/alcohol/alcohol-tobacco-other-drugs-australia/co..., Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, accessed 27th of May, 2022.

I do not know how else to tell you, Future, but drug use is common among the homosexual community. Much of it is for coping purposes. Otherwise, it is recreational. Dare I say it again, but higher rates of victimhood among the gay community would likely stem from some drug-related activity.

I am not saying that being gay is not the reason why some gay people get bashed (and even killed in some cases). But, you should at least concede that I am right that MOST of the reason for the victim hood is due to the drug-related activity.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #411 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:26am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 9:56am:

Because one supermarket decided it was profitable to support the children they pay pittance to?

It's not one supermarket FFS!

https://www2.asx.com.au/markets/company/COL

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #412 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:30am

The whole pussy-footing around on this issue is the reason why we are getting irritated. There is being sensitive about personal issues. Then there is being hypersensitive about personal issues. Either way, you need to exercise discretion about this. You do not need 10 days of paid leave to determine whether your physical gender and your emotional gender match or diverge. You can do that at home after work.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Decent Price Affirmation NOW!
Reply #413 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:43am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:30am:

The whole pussy-footing around on this issue is the reason why we are getting irritated. There is being sensitive about personal issues. Then there is being hypersensitive about personal issues. Either way, you need to exercise discretion about this. You do not need 10 days of paid leave to determine whether your physical gender and your emotional gender match or diverge. You can do that at home after work.

It's precisely because of this BS (and here we are in a bloody recession with climbing inflation) that I've boycotted Coles altogether. And that includes Target and KMart too <-- these all belong to the Coles group.

And I'm not the only one. I belong to a number of decent sized Facebook groups and we're livid!

How about Coles puts all this money back into their fruit n veg and meat sections instead and make these more affordable in the name of Decent Price Affirmation !

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #414 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:43am

Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:43am:
It's precisely because of this BS (and here we are in a bloody recession with climbing inflation) that I've boycotted Coles altogether. And that includes Target and KMart too. They all belong to the Coles group.

And I'm not the only one. I belong to a number of Facebook groups and we're livid!

How about Coles puts all this money back into their fruit n veg and meat sections instead and make these more affordable in the name of Decent Price Affirmation !

I am sure that Coles stockholders are outraged to lose your pension money.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #415 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:44am

I agree, this is giving a poo about human beings.  It's an outrage!!!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Decent Price Affirmation NOW!
Reply #416 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:48am

Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:43am:

It's precisely because of this BS (and here we are in a bloody recession with climbing inflation) that I've boycotted Coles altogether. And that includes Target and KMart too <-- these all belong to the Coles group.

And I'm not the only one. I belong to a number of decent sized Facebook groups and we're livid!

How about Coles puts all this money back into their fruit n veg and meat sections instead and make these more affordable in the name of Decent Price Affirmation!

Anyone disagree?

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Decent Price Affirmation NOW!
Reply #417 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:53am

Lisa Jones wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:48am:
Anyone disagree?

It's just stupid.  They can't change the rising price of food, nor does 10 days of leave to a casual paid $200 a week change your grocery prices particularly

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #418 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:54am

FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:43am:

I do not know what is your business acumen. But, businesses that lose customers usually investigate why there is a decline in sales. I can imagine that the general population would not take kindly to paying a minority of people to take time off to seek out why they are confused about their gender. That would be on par with me getting paid time off to investigate my Nintendo skills.

Paying a considerable amount of money for groceries, you do not like hearing stories about a grocery store wasting money on frivolous things like gender affirmation leave.

IP Logged

FutureTheLeftWant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #419 - May 27th, 2022 at 10:56am

UnSubRocky wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:54am:
FutureTheLeftWant wrote on May 27th, 2022 at 10:43am:

I do not know what is your business acumen. But, businesses that lose customers usually investigate why there is a decline in sales. I can imagine that the general population would not take kindly to paying a minority of people to take time off to seek out why they are confused about their gender. That would be on par with me getting paid time off to investigate my Nintendo skills.

Paying a considerable amount of money for groceries, you do not like hearing stories about a grocery store wasting money on frivolous things like gender affirmation leave.

A handful of dumb bigots have been proven to be no loss ever since Coles and Woolies doubled down on carrying halal food.

You think most people are as ignorant and hateful as all your friends in the nursing home.  This is your main error....

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 62
Send Topic Print