Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print
Black Americans Debunk - Voter ID Is ‘Racist’ (Read 5681 times)
greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Black Americans Debunk - Voter ID Is ‘Racist’
Reply #45 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 1:33pm

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 3rd, 2021 at 11:33pm:
Give me the simple answer to how anyone's vote is being suppressed!

I'll give you a simple example:

In the 2002 New Hampshire Senate election phone jamming scandal, Republican officials attempted to reduce the number of Democratic voters by paying professional telemarketers in Idaho to make repeated hang-up calls to the telephone numbers used by the Democratic Party's ride-to-the-polls phone lines on election day.

By tying up the lines, voters seeking rides from the Democratic Party would have more difficulty reaching the party to ask for transportation to and from their polling places.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 2:26pm

Frank wrote on Apr 8th, 2021 at 12:48pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 2:44pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 2:23pm:
6Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 1:11pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 5th, 2021 at 12:22pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 11:17am:

Oh, easy: convicts. You've got the highest jail population in the world, but many states don't let them vote - ex-cons too. Ever been to jail? In some states that stopped you voting for good. I believe your Supreme Court ruled against this only recently.

But then there's "criminals". In some counties, you're not allowed to vote if you have a court case pending. No worries, before election time the sheriff sends his boys out to arrest any blacks they can find. Vagrancy's a good one. Simply serve any porch monkey you find sitting on a stoop. If he's got his feet on the street, he's yours.

The judges throw most of the cases out, but they know the rules too. It might take three months to get to court, and in that time, you've stopped them voting.

Cunning, no? In Deep South states with big black populations this is business as usual. Far from encouraging your citizens to vote, you like to stop them.

You do too, Mort. You don't want the Jigaboos voting in Texas. You want a white boy in. You don't want some clapped-up black preacher as your senator, you want a good ole whiskey sippin white boy.  He he he.

Solution?  Be law abiding. 

Never thought of that, have you, buftie.

I don't have to, dear. I don't have the cops out the front waiting to arrest me for jaywalking so I don't get to vote in the next erection.

Alas, if I don't vote, I get sent a fine in the mail.

You?

Bwianesque idiocy, wee buftie. Nobody is prevented from voting if they have the right to vote.  If that right is removed it is for reasons absolutely unrelated to your race. White crims are also stripped of the right to vote.
Repeating moronic lies like Bbwian, turd, you et all will not turn those lies into truths.

Not about race, is it? Cwiminals are not a race, eh? Oh, old boy, how silly everybody is.

Here we all were thinking the Deep South was a bastion of tinted voter suppression, allowing the Republicans to keep their minority white power base firmly intact through cunning little tricks like arresting blacks for misdemeanors around election time so they can't vote Democrat, but no, it's not like that at all!

Thanks for clearing that one up, old boy. Is there anything you'd like to add?

Bwianesque fvckwitterwy, perhaps? Shurely shome mishtake? Stilts?

Absolutely - Bbwianesque fcckwittery and no mistake.

You are lying about random arrests by police around election time.  In any case, your lying avoids the contested issue of voter id. So you are stupid as well. 
The Dems are labelling the blacks subnormal, unable to obtain photo IDs. You buy into that so you are on the side of bigoted race baiters on top of it all.

So: lying, stupid, race baiter, trouser sniffer.  Hmmm, tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Lemme know if you have any other questions, wee buftie.

Sorry, dear boy, are you suggesting the blacks are not subnormal?

Beg to differ, is it? Please explain?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Apr 8th, 2021 at 9:51pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 8th, 2021 at 2:26pm:

Oh, easy: convicts. You've got the highest jail population in the world, but many states don't let them vote - ex-cons too. Ever been to jail? In some states that stopped you voting for good. I believe your Supreme Court ruled against this only recently.

But then there's "criminals". In some counties, you're not allowed to vote if you have a court case pending. No worries, before election time the sheriff sends his boys out to arrest any blacks they can find. Vagrancy's a good one. Simply serve any porch monkey you find sitting on a stoop. If he's got his feet on the street, he's yours.

The judges throw most of the cases out, but they know the rules too. It might take three months to get to court, and in that time, you've stopped them voting.

Cunning, no? In Deep South states with big black populations this is business as usual. Far from encouraging your citizens to vote, you like to stop them.

You do too, Mort. You don't want the Jigaboos voting in Texas. You want a white boy in. You don't want some clapped-up black preacher as your senator, you want a good ole whiskey sippin white boy.  He he he.

I don't have to, dear. I don't have the cops out the front waiting to arrest me for jaywalking so I don't get to vote in the next erection.

You?

Bwianesque idiocy, wee buftie. Nobody is prevented from voting if they have the right to vote.  If that right is removed it is for reasons absolutely unrelated to your race. White crims are also stripped of the right to vote.
Repeating moronic lies like Bbwian, turd, you et all will not turn those lies into truths.

Not about race, is it? Cwiminals are not a race, eh? Oh, old boy, how silly everybody is.

Here we all were thinking the Deep South was a bastion of tinted voter suppression, allowing the Republicans to keep their minority white power base firmly intact through cunning little tricks like arresting blacks for misdemeanors around election time so they can't vote Democrat, but no, it's not like that at all!

You are lying about random arrests by police around election time.  In any case, your lying avoids the contested issue of voter id. So you are stupid as well. 
The Dems are labelling the blacks subnormal, unable to obtain photo IDs. You buy into that so you are on the side of bigoted race baiters on top of it all.

So: lying, stupid, race baiter, trouser sniffer.  Hmmm, tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Gawd, you are a deformed, evil bastard.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #48 - Apr 9th, 2021 at 1:26am

Frank wrote on Apr 8th, 2021 at 9:51pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 8th, 2021 at 2:26pm:

You?

Gawd, you are a deformed, evil bastard.

Don't want to say, eh?

There there. Stupid and mendacious.

Scientific, innit.

IP Logged

SadKangaroo
Gold Member

#FightStupid

Mianjin (Brisbane)
Reply #49 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 8:07am

Mortdooley wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 8:27am:
Mix_Master wrote on Apr 4th, 2021 at 7:47am:

Requiring voter ID is (just) one of the CONservatives' strategies to suppress voter turnout.

How is anyone's vote suppressed?

No ID. No vote. Simple.

Who does such a policy target? People who would normally NOT vote Republican. Else why would Republicans - including people like yourself - be calling for it to be mandated/expanded?

Like many other ideas designed to "protect voting integrity" (but in reality designed to try and ensure Republican election wins), it is a solution looking for a problem which doesn't exist.

Lower voter turnout favours the CONservatives.

So, in order to try and ensure that there is a lower voter turnout, Republicans seek to impose more and more "conditions" on people's right to vote, so that in a country where voting is voluntary, many people who would not vote for them, are encouraged not to bother voting at all.

It seems you have a bit of a "thing" going on about voter ID requirements at present - a reference being made to it in your signature, for example.

Tell me...just how big of a (documented) problem voter fraud actually is, such that mandatory voter ID laws are required.

Or is it only an issue with you (and people of your ilk), because a lot of people turned out at the last election to ensure that "the other side won"?

In other words, had you gotten the result you wanted at the last election, would you be banging on about voter ID laws now?

I suspect not...

I asked for simple and I get horseshit!

How about this, before anyone else plays your game, what sort of evidence would you need to change your mind?

If it's more than a 1 line answer to a complex issue, will you just ignore it as "not a simple answer"?

What's the playing field here?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 8:56am

Requiring voter ID is (just) one of the CONservatives' strategies to suppress voter turnout.

No ID. No vote. Simple.

Who does such a policy target? People who would normally NOT vote Republican. Else why would Republicans - including people like yourself - be calling for it to be mandated/expanded?

Like many other ideas designed to "protect voting integrity" (but in reality designed to try and ensure Republican election wins), it is a solution looking for a problem which doesn't exist.

So, in order to try and ensure that there is a lower voter turnout, Republicans seek to impose more and more "conditions" on people's right to vote, so that in a country where voting is voluntary, many people who would not vote for them, are encouraged not to bother voting at all.

It seems you have a bit of a "thing" going on about voter ID requirements at present - a reference being made to it in your signature, for example.

Tell me...just how big of a (documented) problem voter fraud actually is, such that mandatory voter ID laws are required.

Or is it only an issue with you (and people of your ilk), because a lot of people turned out at the last election to ensure that "the other side won"?

In other words, had you gotten the result you wanted at the last election, would you be banging on about voter ID laws now?

I suspect not...

You can't borrow a library book, log into your bank account, drive a car, get on an international flight, get into a licensed club, claim social security benefits, etc, etc without proving who you are.

Voting id is required to ensure that you have the right to vote and you vote only once in each election. Elections must be fair and transparent to be acceptable. Why is that such an oppressive thing? Don't  blacks have drivers licences, library cards, bank accounts,social security?

It is such a confected outrage to claim that voter id is somehow about suppressing the black vote.

IP Logged

Mix_Master
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 10:16am

Frank wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 8:56am:

No ID. No vote. Simple.

I suspect not...

You can't borrow a library book, log into your bank account, drive a car, get on an international flight, get into a licensed club, claim social security benefits, etc, etc without proving who you are.

Voting id is required to ensure that you have the right to vote and you vote only once in each election. Elections must be fair and transparent to be acceptable. Why is that such an oppressive thing? Don't  blacks have drivers licences, library cards, bank accounts,social security?

It is such a confected outrage to claim that voter id is somehow about suppressing the black vote.

Where was I talking about the "black vote"?

I talked about voter suppression generally. I talked about that because it is known to favour the Republicans, which is the reason...the ONLY reason...that there is this "confected" nonsense about requiring ID to vote.

Elections in the U.S have been getting more secure each time they are held. The last one was "the most secure in history".

The Republicans didn't get the outcome they wanted as they were unable to disenfranchise enough voters to ensure that they did get the result they wanted.

Now, they - and people like you - are trying to "fix" a non-existent problem, by introducing ever more onerous "conditions" on the right to vote, in the hope that they will get the result they want next time (and presumably in elections thereafter).

I note with some interest that it's the people who lost the last election, AND who could not prove fraud during that election, who are calling loudest to "fix" a non-existent problem.

Says it all, really.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #52 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 10:21am

Frank wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 8:56am:

No ID. No vote. Simple.

I suspect not...

Nobody is against reasonable voter Identification but making the benchmark exclusionary for legitimate voters is the issue particularly in states where poling booth voting requires no id. What is the difference ?

Apparently voter fraud at a polling station is somehow all ok ?

You know that there is fraud in about 0.0002% of cases and most are not postal. Maybe 0.1% of the 0.0002%

Why does the solution to fix bugger all of close to nothing apply in a targeted manner? Why not all voters ? Why just the voters least likely to vote fraudulently?

OH sorry I forgot it was not really about voter fraud just about minimising the vote particularly the coloured vote

« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2021 at 10:28am by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:01am

I dont see how it is 'targeting colured'  voters. To claim that it is doing so is just insane. 

Every normal jurisdiction has a system of ensuring that only eligible voters do vote. How is ensuring that in America 'targeting coloured people'???

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:06am

You?

Lying Bbwianesque fcckwittery, wee buftie, deliberate lies

Some countries restrict the voting rights of convicted criminals. Some countries, and some U.S. states, also deny the right to vote to those convicted of serious crimes even after they are released from prison. In some cases (e.g. in many U.S. states) the denial of the right to vote is automatic upon a felony conviction

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #55 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:39am

Frank wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:01am:
I dont see how it is 'targeting colured'  voters. To claim that it is doing so is just insane. 

Every normal jurisdiction has a system of ensuring that only eligible voters do vote. How is ensuring that in America 'targeting coloured people'???

The number of people who do not have voter identification documents are disproportionately coloured or disadvantages. Backup methods of ID would solve the issue however creating the problen is the intention of the legislation

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:47am

Dnarever wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:39am:

The number of people who do not have voter identification documents are disproportionately coloured or disadvantages. Backup methods of ID would solve the issue however creating the problen is the intention of the legislation

Being 'coloured or disadvantage' does not convey automatic voting rights. They still need to be able to prove eligiblility.

The Australian method is eminently sensible. Prove your identity at registration, get crossed off the register when voting showing proof of id, registers are cross checked to detects attempts of multiple voting.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #57 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:48am

Quote:
ensuring that only eligible voters do vote.

Overall this strategy is aimed at ensuring that eligible voters cannot vote.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #58 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 5:16pm

Every normal jurisdiction has a system of ensuring that only eligible voters do vote.

Yes, dear boy, but in America, their coloureds are eligible to vote.

I know, I know, don't shoot the messenger. Some guy called Jefferson had the yeah-but-no-but Bbwianesque fvckwitterwy to suggest that all men are created equal.
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2021 at 5:44pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Apr 10th, 2021 at 9:03pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 20th, 1970 at 3:27am:
[/color]976]Frank wrote on Apr 10th, 2021 at 11:01am:

Every normal jurisdiction has a system of ensuring that only
eligible
voters do vote.

Yes, dear boy, but in America, their coloureds are
eligible
to vote.

I know, I know, don't shoot the messenger. Some guy called Jefferson had the yeah-but-no-but Bbwianesque fvckwitterwy to suggest that all men are created equal.

Ensuring that the
eligible
vote. That means also ensuring that the INELIGIBLE do not. The eligible and the ineligible are NOT equal.

Lurking in diverse and inclusive Auburn toilets has evidently made you blind, wee gimp.  Tsk, tsk.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 9
Send Topic Print