No    
  2 (25.0%)
Anyone who thinks so should be investigated    
  2 (25.0%)

Total votes: 8
« Last Modified by: rhino on: Apr 30th, 2019 at 11:17pm »

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27
Send Topic Print
Fraser Anning speaks out against Muslims. (Read 26453 times)
Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Fraser Anning speaks out against Muslims.
Reply #300 - May 7th, 2019 at 6:54pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 6th, 2019 at 10:25am:
Frank wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 11:54am:
polite_gandalf wrote on May 4th, 2019 at 9:01am:
Frank wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 8:19pm:
That's the rub.  The murderers are Islamically impeccable.  Therefore the non-murderers are Islamically doctrinal backsliders and cowards (semi- apostates).

Can you at least for once just give me some semblence of logic for why this is the case - rather than inanely parroting it ad nauseum? You too moses, if you are reading.

How many other groups do you judge as being perfectly exemplified by a tiny minority who are universally rejected by the majority?

The jihadis are the orthodox Muslims. They adhere to the Koran and Mohammed's  example most keenly and conscienciously. 

If they were heretics or apostates they would have been eliminated long ago by the supposed 'vast majority of true Muslims'.

I'll take that as a 'no' then - in the form of 'never ever'.

Very sly but no cigar.

You have never once shown us where the jihadis are not impeccably orthodox. You always only ever give the bromide about vast majority, tiny minority and their feelings.

(Shame and pride, respectively)

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #301 - May 7th, 2019 at 7:28pm

Frank wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 6:54pm:
That's the rub.  The murderers are Islamically impeccable.  Therefore the non-murderers are Islamically doctrinal backsliders and cowards (semi- apostates).

Can you at least for once just give me some semblence of logic for why this is the case - rather than inanely parroting it ad nauseum? You too moses, if you are reading.

How many other groups do you judge as being perfectly exemplified by a tiny minority who are universally rejected by the majority?

The jihadis are the orthodox Muslims. They adhere to the Koran and Mohammed's  example most keenly and conscienciously. 

If they were heretics or apostates they would have been eliminated long ago by the supposed 'vast majority of true Muslims'.

Very sly but no cigar.

You have never once shown us where the jihadis are not impeccably orthodox. You always only ever give the bromide about vast majority, tiny minority and their feelings.

Its not sly asking for an honest and straight answer for once Frank.

Have another go if you like - on what logic do you judge a tiny minority of a group who are universally rejected by the majority, as "impeccably orthodox"?

Do you assess other groups in this way, or is just muslims?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #302 - May 7th, 2019 at 8:45pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 7:28pm:
Frank wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 6:54pm:

Very sly but no cigar.

Its not sly asking for an honest and straight answer for once Frank.

Have another go if you like - on what logic do you judge a tiny minority of a group who are universally rejected by the majority, as "impeccably orthodox"?

Do you assess other groups in this way, or is just muslims?

They are not universally rejected.   The 'vast majority' is very sly and hedging.  The jihadis are never shown to be ideologically unIslamic. There is no concerted effort to ostracise them, to show that they are Koranically or otherwise incorrect, etc.

Because they aren't. On the contrary - Islamic jihad is world-wide and they are everywhere part of local Muslim communities which produce, support, maintain and grow them. Jihadis do not come from anywhere but their own local Islamic communities.

That's the logic.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #303 - May 7th, 2019 at 9:44pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 3rd, 2019 at 12:10pm:
freediver wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 7:04pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 2:37pm:
freediver wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 12:30pm:
So Islam differs from Nazism in that Islam also claims to be a religion?

Seems I need to dumb it down even more. Try this then:

- The core tenets (exemplified by the 5 pillars) of Islam are entirely about a personal journey of submission to God - through prayer, belief in oneness of God, fasting, alms giving and pilgrimage

- the core tenets of Nazism are entirely about emphasising one people's superiority over others and using violence to assert that superiority.

put even more simply - Islam is at its core entirely spiritual and personal, whereas Nazism at its core is entirely political and temporal

freediver wrote on May 2nd, 2019 at 12:30pm:
Can you explain how freedom adheres directly to the core tenet of Islam?

You can't reach true spiritual harmony (submission) if you are bothered by petty differences and squabbles with other humans. And if you are not bothered by these temporal matters, then you are by default accepting of the idea of 'each to his own', and the right of any individual to live how they like, provided they are not interfering with other's rights to the same.

Who told you what the core tenets of Nazism are?

OK, lets try the FD method of debating then...

have you ever met a nazi who isn't reflexively supportive of a racial supremacist ideology of hate and furthermore advocates violence to this end?

Not that I recall Gandalf. See how easy it is to give a straight answer?

Have you ever met a Muslim who doesn't reflexively support genocide?

You you think it is a bit hypocritical of you to demand control of the careful PR turd polishing for Islam, while denying Nazis the same?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #304 - May 7th, 2019 at 11:07pm

https://www.conservativenationalparty.org/policies

The objects of Fraser Anning’s Conservative National party are as follows:

i) the vision of Sir Henry Parkes of Australia as an English speaking, predominantly European Christian Commonwealth, as originally described in 1901 when Australia as a nation was founded;

ii) social cohesion by an immigration program that gives preference to those best able to integrate and assimilate;

iii) traditional family values, including recognising marriage as only the union of a man and a woman and the sanctity of human life at all ages, including both the unborn and the elderly;

iv) government through the democratic consent of the governed;

v) individual freedom, including unrestricted freedom of speech, association and belief;

vi) private enterprise;

vii) private property as an inviolable natural right;

viii) universal home-ownership as a national objective;

ix) Australian ownership of our infrastructure, manufacturing and agriculture;

x) widely distributed ownership of the means of production, distribution and exchange through owner operated farms, small business and co-operatives;

xi) collective bargaining in agriculture and industry;

xii) orderly marketing of agricultural products;

xiii) the development of rural and regional infrastructure and the re-industrialisation of Australia;

xiv) an end to usury through the establishment of a not-for-profit government bank;

xv) the right to own firearms and use them in self-defence;

xvi) welfare as a safety net but restricted to citizens;

xvii) citizens initiated referenda and voluntary voting;

xviii) decentralisation of power and competitive federalism;

xix) a fair taxation system that encourages productivity and savings and rewards hard work;

xx) the restoration of Australia’s national sovereignty through repudiation of coercive international treaties and a foreign policy that puts Australia first;

xxi) a capable and well-resourced military and strong support for our veterans. 

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #305 - May 7th, 2019 at 11:09pm

Secret Wars wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 10:44am:
Mattyfisk wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 10:27am:
Secret Wars wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 10:26am:
Sri Lanka is expelling 200 Muslim “clerics” for visa overstating.

Good on them, at least they can connect dots.

Try that here even against that background and the forum cretins would ignore the hundreds of body parts and have a great old time impressing each other with how woke they are by shouting islamaphobe.  Roll Eyes

Oh, I know. Deporting visa overstayers.

As if we'd ever do that.

Don’t tell me you wouldn’t be leading the cretin cheer squad shouting islamaphobia if in the aftermath of an Islamic body part extravaganza the government elected to eject Muslim cleric overstayers.

You would be the first standing on body parts and virtue signalling how woke you are.

Oh, I know. That's moi, dear. Virtue signalling and body parts.

You're rather virtuous yourself, no? Most woke, dear.

I blame Islam, but that's just moi.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #306 - May 8th, 2019 at 11:50am

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 9:44pm:
Not that I recall Gandalf.

Then you have obviously never met a nazi.

Its starting to make sense now. All this while you bending over backwards to depict Nazis as not so bad, morally superior to muslims etc - I assumed you were just spinelessly apologising for them. Now I'm thinking you simply have no clue what a nazi actually is.

freediver wrote on May 7th, 2019 at 9:44pm:
you think it is a bit hypocritical of you to demand control of the careful PR turd polishing for Islam, while denying Nazis the same?

Here's my take FD: 100% of nazis are racist violent shitheads. They literally wouldn't be nazis if they weren't racist and violent shitheads.

You arguing that its possible for them to be something other than that only proves that you are clueless about what it actually takes to be a nazi.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #307 - May 8th, 2019 at 2:57pm

gandi wrote:
Quote:
You arguing that its possible for them to be something other than that only proves that you are clueless about what it actually takes to be a nazi.

gandi we all know that there are muslims who can and do cite the qur'an as their justification for beheading innocent people, slaughtering innocent men women & children with suicide bombs, driving trucks into crowds with the intention of killing as many innocents as possible, killing people simply because they are not muslim, raping little girls with forced child marriage or once again because they are not muslim, killing random innocent people with knives /machetes, etc.etc..

So we've established that there are muslims who are utterly depraved evil people.

Now do you think that the people who say, there are muslims who are something other than the above depraved evil muslims, are clueless about what it actually takes to be a muslim?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #308 - May 8th, 2019 at 3:14pm

moses I'll try and explain this as simply as possible.

"what it takes" to be a muslim - only requires adherence to a core set of beliefs and behaviours. These are most succintly articulated by the 5 pillars: belief in the oneness of God, dedication to prayer, alms giving, dedication to fasting and pilgrimage. If you adhere to these fundamental principles, no one can accuse you of not being a muslim.

As for 'what it takes" to be a nazi - it requires you to adhere to a violent and hateful ideology of racial supremacy. Thats not my biased spin, thats literally what it is moses. Do you actually dispute that?

Yes it is true that in addition to the 5 pillars, some muslims add on killing infidels and obligatory violence. But it is absolutely indisputable that this is a minority view of 'what it takes' to be muslim. And even the jihadis and Islamists can't dispute the fact that the 5 pillars - the 5 decidely *NON* violent, *NON* hateful principles of personal spiritual fulfillment - are absolutely crucial to being a muslim before anything else.

For nazis on the other hand - racism and violence and hate are not "optional add-ons" to a core set of non-violent, spiritual beliefs and practices that all adherents believe are the most important features of the ideology. Its violence, racism and hate - or its not Nazism. Its as simple as that.

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #309 - May 8th, 2019 at 3:29pm

Yet the qur'an, despite your protests gandi, can and does actuate utterly depraved human rights atrocities against the non muslim.

In that sense islam is absolutely no different to nazi ideology.

You (muslims / nazis) both are guilty of human rights atrocities.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #310 - May 8th, 2019 at 3:42pm

Islam = the 5 pillars as its core. There is precisely zero relation to violence and hate in any of these 5 pillars. Take away these 5 fundamentals, and there is no Islam - even the jihadis agree with this.

Nazism = racial supremacist ideology of hate as its core principle. This has a 100% relationhip with violence and hate. Take away this principle and there is no Nazism.

Can you see the difference yet?

Can you yet perceive why I think its fair to label 100% of nazis as violent shitheads, but not fair to similarly smear 100% of muslims?

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #311 - May 8th, 2019 at 3:58pm

No I can't see the premise of only one section of islam (5 pillars) matters, as being true.

There is a section of islam which causes islamic atrocities.

Now if you are going to say the bad bits don't matter gandi, why won't you denounce them as being inconsequential, wrong and not fit for the 21st century?

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #312 - May 8th, 2019 at 5:33pm

moses wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 3:58pm:
No I can't see the premise of only one section of islam (5 pillars) matters, as being true.

There is a section of islam which causes islamic atrocities.

Now if you are going to say the bad bits don't matter gandi, why won't you denounce them as being inconsequential, wrong and not fit for the 21st century?

Appears you don't know or understand Islam very well at all, Moses.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #313 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:27pm

Quote:
Then you have obviously never met a nazi.

I nearly got assaulted by one when I was in Germany. I didn't stop to discuss politics.

Quote:
Its starting to make sense now. All this while you bending over backwards to depict Nazis as not so bad, morally superior to muslims etc - I assumed you were just spinelessly apologising for them. Now I'm thinking you simply have no clue what a nazi actually is.

Like you, I am happy to generalise about Nazis. Just as I am about Muslims.

Quote:
Here's my take FD: 100% of nazis are racist violent shitheads. They literally wouldn't be nazis if they weren't racist and violent shitheads.

Are they violent even if they do not act violently?

Quote:

People exhibit all sorts of moral flexibility. Like peace-loving Muslims. But even you reflexively support genocide.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #314 - May 8th, 2019 at 7:59pm

polite_gandalf wrote on May 8th, 2019 at 3:42pm:
Islam = the 5 pillars as its core. There is precisely zero relation to violence and hate in any of these 5 pillars. Take away these 5 fundamentals, and there is no Islam - even the jihadis agree with this.

Nazism = racial supremacist ideology of hate as its core principle. This has a 100% relationhip with violence and hate. Take away this principle and there is no Nazism.

Can you see the difference yet?

Can you yet perceive why I think its fair to label 100% of nazis as violent shitheads, but not fair to similarly smear 100% of muslims?

Looking at Islam's history, it is full of violence and hate justified by the Koran and Mohammed's example.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 27
Send Topic Print