Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
religions "deserve" respect (Read 3355 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
religions "deserve" respect
May 14th, 2019 at 7:08am

This is from the same person who claims to be generally critical of religions. Brian now complains that one religion deserves the same level of respect shown to another, regardless of whether the other is actually shown respect, and regardless of the merits of the ideology. The only argument that has been put forward is that the number of followers somehow validates the demand for respect, even if the number of followers is largely a result of rape evangelism, beheading apostates and generally denying people freedom of religion. Brian is inventing a new victimhood for Muslims.

Brian Ross wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 9:59pm:
freediver wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 8:28pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 7:32pm:
freediver wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 6:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 13th, 2019 at 1:57pm:
freediver wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 9:25pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 6:07pm:
freediver wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 2:13pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 2:07pm:
freediver wrote on May 12th, 2019 at 8:04am:
Brian Ross wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 10:56pm:
Frank wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 6:13pm:
Brian Ross wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 5:41pm:
freediver wrote on May 11th, 2019 at 3:24pm:
Gee thanks Brian. Who would have thought that Muslims can have children?

I am sure you and your fellow Islamophobes dislike them doing that, hey, Freediver?    Roll Eyes

What's the difference between Islamophobia and Individualophobia, Bwian?
The ideology and any particular believer of it?

I think the only intellectually and psychologically rational response to Islam is to resist it, at the very least be weary of it - and to CRITICALLY examine it.  That little word, 'critically',  gives you the shivers, Bwian.  A critical examination  - and (the horror!!) rejection - of Islam send you into an apoplexy of convulsive virtue-signalling.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Soren.  I have no qualms at all of anyone being critical of Islam.  However, those criticisms should be based upon reality, not Islamophobic fantasies.  If you applied an equal measure of critical examination to Christianity, I don't doubt you'd be seen as a Christianophobe, Soren.  The problem is, you don't.  You instead choose to persecute Muslims because you refuse to even understand their religion.  You would prefer to merely display your hatred and your desire to well, cesterate them all, right?   Roll Eyes

No-one is seen as a Christianophobe.

Really?  Yet I have frequently in this forum been called one, FD.  Does that make the people who called me wrong?  Really?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I am sure you have, but only as a way of mocking the incredibly stupid things you post.

Ah, so they didn't mean what they said, FD?  Interesting.   Roll Eyes

They are not genuine whiners in the sense that people who use the term Islamophobe are. They use the term to mock you or highlight how idiotic it is to demand special treatment for one religion.

Really?  They are it seems to any casual observers to be actually whinging and whining about only one religion, FD.   In their whinges and whining they make no effort to differentiate the moderate from the exteme, the Terrorists from the law abiding.  Muslims are not demanding special treatement, they want equal treatment.   They want their religion to be accorded the same respect that Christianity is, nothing more.   You, however take that to mean they want more than Christianity presently receives.  Could it be because you are an Islamophobe?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Christianity is mocked mercilessly. Muslims want special treatment for Islam. The respect it gets should have nothing to do with how much respect Christianity gets. It deserves far less, but gets more, due to the constant whining about Islamophobia, and the very real threat of death for mocking it. The very notion that it deserves equal respect to some other religion just because it also claims to be a religion is but one example of the infinite demands for special treatment made for Islam.

It might have escaped you, FD, but 1.6 billion people believe in Islam which makes it the second largest religion in the world.   It deserves the same respect that Christianity gets from Government and from the MSM.   You may believe otherwise but Muslims get angry when their religion is mocked, just as some Christians do, when Christianity is mocked.    Roll Eyes

No religions "deserves" respect, certainly not on the basis of number of followers, particularly when that is achieved by rape evangelism and beheading apostates.

You claim to be critical of religion in general, but toss that out the window for Islam. The hypocrisy drips from your every post.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Really?  Oh, poor, poor, Freediver.   Are you offended that someone believes that Islam should be given a fair deal?   Numbers do command respect - a fact of life.  Something however, you refuse to accept.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Re: religions "deserve" respect
Reply #1 - May 14th, 2019 at 12:16pm

freediver wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 7:08am:
This is from the same person who claims to be generally critical of religions. Brian now complains that one religion deserves the same level of respect shown to another, regardless of whether the other is actually shown respect, and regardless of the merits of the ideology.

As usual, you get it wrong and twist it to suit your Islamophobia, FD.  It is not what I want or believe, it is what Muslims want and believe.   Detect the (un)subtle difference there?  MMmm?   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2019 at 12:23pm

So when you said:

Quote:
It deserves the same respect that Christianity gets from Government and from the MSM.

you really meant it does not deserve that respect?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #3 - May 14th, 2019 at 1:22pm

Why is Judaism entitled to more respect than others by frequent and excessive use of the antisemitism allegations?

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:03pm

Why won't muslims denounce the parts of their teachings which cause islamic terrorism?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:19pm

moses wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 3:03pm:
Why won't muslims denounce the parts of their teachings which cause islamic terrorism?

What would that achieve, Moses?

Oh, that's right. And upon that day, Islam will cease to exist.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:28pm

You're learning fast.

Without the rape torture and slaughter bits, the qur'an would have less to read than a 10 cent mickey mouse comic.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - May 14th, 2019 at 3:51pm

moses wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 3:28pm:
You're learning fast.

Without the rape torture and slaughter bits, the qur'an would have less to read than a 10 cent mickey mouse comic.

There wouldn't be much left, dear. Have you thought of editing the Old Testament too?

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - May 14th, 2019 at 4:37pm

How would that stop the muslims being the number one religious terrorists on the globe?

In the last 30 days there were 126 Islamic attacks in 23 countries, in which 805 people were killed and 1223 injured.

islam is the problem, the world is crying out for muslims to be responsible for the evil in their doctrine which caused the above religious slaughter by the highest grade of muslims.

It seems you don't want to stop the daily islamic slaughter, instead you want to muddy the waters with some crap about other beliefs.

IP Logged

Laugh till you cry
Gold Member

In your happy place
Reply #9 - May 14th, 2019 at 5:02pm

Because then the USA would have no use for them to cause chaos in the world and boost the USA military industrial complex.

The USA sponsored terrorism in Afghanistan in the 1970s and 1980s. The terrorists in that region owe their existence to the nurturing of the CIA.

Please don't thank me. Effusive fawning and obeisance of disciples, mendicants, and foot-kissers embarrass me.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - May 14th, 2019 at 6:09pm

moses wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 4:37pm:
It seems you don't want to stop the daily islamic slaughter, instead you want to muddy the waters with some crap about other beliefs.

Oh, I see. So who'd idea is it to stop terrorism by editing a millennium-old book?

Please explain?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - May 14th, 2019 at 6:13pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 5:02pm:

Because then the USA would have no use for them to cause chaos in the world and boost the USA military industrial complex.

Yes, but they'd still have the number one source of terrorism in Europe and Amerika, Laugh.

We'd ask Moses who that is, but he can't quiet get his mouth to say it.

Wh....

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - May 14th, 2019 at 6:19pm

Gee, FD is misrepresenting what people say......... again. Is anyone else surprised?

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - May 14th, 2019 at 7:37pm

Laugh till you cry wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 5:02pm:

The USA sponsored terrorism in Afghanistan in the 1970s and 1980s. The terrorists in that region owe their existence to the nurturing of the CIA.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin

Trust you to reveal the propaganda instructions given to the jihad-defenders, thick, thick cocoa man with throbbing head.

Islamic jihad is carried out around the world every day as a plot by the US to find a way to defend the US militarily. Poor Muslims, for a fistful of Yankee dollars they are blowing up their brothers, sisters, the infidel everywhere. If only the US STOPPED proferring them money they would cease and desist immediately.   But they can't. Economic necessity to murder each other, all for the Yankee dollar.  And Uncle Shitkeating Karnal is here to encourage you. He is right behind you if not already up you. Throb on, Sambo.  You know you want to.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - May 14th, 2019 at 9:01pm

John Smith wrote on May 14th, 2019 at 6:19pm:
Gee, FD is misrepresenting what people say......... again. Is anyone else surprised?

I don't think anybody noticed, JS.

What sound does a jellyfish make?
« Last Edit: May 14th, 2019 at 9:18pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print