Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Tesla taking over the world (Read 5176 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Tesla taking over the world
Mar 23rd, 2019 at 6:40am

Tesla is now the top seller IN North America and Europe and Australia, not sure about Africa and South America , hard to find data.... Tesla is building a factory in China (the biggest seller of EV's) and is supposed to be finished by the end of the year... Next year is might have the best selling cars in every Continent…... Wink
Not bad for a company that is supposedly going broke in a few Months.....(time for a Tesla in a crash post I think) Wink

I am me

IP Logged

issuevoter
Gold Member

Australian Politics

The Great State of Mind
Re: Tesla taking over the world
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2019 at 7:29am

In a related subject, the Tesla battery bank in SA, was ridiculed by non-renewable energy enthusiasts. The battery system cost $89million, and last year it took in a revenue of $29million.

No political allegiance. No philosophy. No religion.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:07pm

Being 'top seller' in a category where until recently, you were the only one is a bit of a Special Olympics Award.

See how it fares against the iPace and the audi and merc EVs.

and the Jaguar 800hp XJ-EV will destroy it in performance, styling luxury and build quality. and instead of an ipad to control everything, it will have actual buttons and a dash - like real cars.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:08pm

issuevoter wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 7:29am:
In a related subject, the Tesla battery bank in SA, was ridiculed by non-renewable energy enthusiasts. The battery system cost $89million, and last year it took in a revenue of $29million.

Actually living in SA, the problem is that batteries are load managers, not generators. If the generators fail, it can proved 3mins of power.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 11:23pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on Mar 23rd, 2019 at 6:40am:
Tesla is now the top seller IN North America and Europe and Australia, not sure about Africa and South America , hard to find data....

The only Data you have is what you pluck from your ass after smoking the same stuff as Elon.

The tesla isn't in the top 25 in the USA for sales.

I wonder what vehicles were in the top 3 for sales.
Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Quote:
3 -Ram Pickup (536,980 units sold)

2 -Chevrolet Silverado (585,581 units sold)

1 -Ford F-series (909,330 units sold)

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/g25558401/best-selling-cars-suv-trucks-2018/

The nutjobs from the climate change religion are full of fairy tales.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #5 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:42am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:07pm:
Being 'top seller' in a category where until recently, you were the only one is a bit of a Special Olympics Award.

and the Jaguar 800hp XJ-EV will destroy it in performance, styling luxury and build quality. and instead of an ipad to control everything, it will have actual buttons and a dash - like real cars.

the Ipace has actually been really disappointing in sales and only in the last month have they picked up and Tesla last year sold almost as many cars as Porch and have left Jag for dead, this year they will far surpassse the 2 companies Smiley
the rest are one day in the future they might get built...... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:44am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:08pm:

Actually living in SA, the problem is that batteries are load managers, not generators. If the generators fail, it can proved 3mins of power.

and yet it just about destroyed the monopoly of gas and diesel generators in SA and made the company 29 million for the year Smiley it did what it was designed for and did it well, what more can you ask for ?  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #7 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:55am

Ahh I should of put best selling Electric Vehicles in Australia , Europe and North America, sorry for the miss understanding Baron  Wink
The Model 3 really only had 6 months last year of good production and for those 6 months was the 4th best selling Car in the USA (not a ute) and was the highest grossing car, it also had 2/3 of sales of all small to midrange Luxury vehicles (the class it is in). It was the highest selling Luxury vehicle last year beating a Lexus if I remember right. So in the Luxury market in the USA they are definitely doing well.
It will be interesting to see how it sells this year,
They have unveiled their new suv crossover , it is expected to outsell the 3 models they already have. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:25am

longweekend58 wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:07pm:

considering that you predicted that nobody would ever buy it, it has done exceedingly well. And of course Australia was too busy going broke making old clunkers to see the future with this technology. Just another one of your many failed predictions longprong !

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:27am

DonDeeHippy wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:44am:
longweekend58 wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:08pm:

and yet it just about destroyed the monopoly of gas and diesel generators in SA and made the company 29 million for the year Smiley it did what it was designed for and did it well, what more can you ask for ?  Wink

wait for socko to post another Tesla car accident Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #10 - Mar 27th, 2019 at 5:53am

Tesla Model 3 achieved another record in February, as it became the top-selling premium midsize sedan in Europe – outperforming the popular Mercedes C-Class, Audi A4 and BMW 3-Series. “As we’re seeing in the US, Tesla is also shaking up the European market Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #11 - Mar 28th, 2019 at 6:04am

https://insideevs.com/tesla-delivered-over-4000-model-3-norway/
As of today, the counter of new registrations of Model 3 in Norway exceeded 4,100 and there are still a few days to go, making it possible to maybe reach 4,500. Including 792 Model 3 registered in February, the total number approaches 5,000 now in Norway.
Finally, March will be the new all-time record of all-electric and plug-in car sales in Norway. We expect now some 8,500-9,000 new passenger car registrations, which could be 60-70% of total car sales in the country.

Norway has about the same population of New Zealand (5 mil) and has the highest uptake of electric vehicles for any country.  As other countries improve their EV uptake it will be interesting to see what cars they buy... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #12 - Apr 2nd, 2019 at 5:37am

https://insideevs.com/tesla-model-3-top-selling-car-netherlands/
Tesla Model 3 shines in the Netherlands
According to official stats, in March, the Tesla Model 3 was the best-selling car of any kind in the Netherlands with 2,195 new registrations (5.6% of all sales).
We failed to spot a single model that would be above 1,000 registrations, and we believe that the second-best plug-in model is below 500 (full sales report from the Netherlands is expected later this month).

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #13 - Apr 9th, 2019 at 6:16am

In Switzerland, Tesla Model 3 has become the best-selling car of any type in March with 1,094 new registrations, followed by the conventional Skoda Octavia (801) and a few other models checking in around 500.
Despite the fact that deliveries started only in February, Model 3 quickly jumped also in the YTD rank to 4th place at 1,371. As a brand, Tesla was in March classified at 8th overall
Strong sales of the Model 3 is a very important outcome as Switzerland is one of the most “neutral indicators” of demand in a country with high salaries and no EV incentives.
Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #14 - Apr 10th, 2019 at 9:28am

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/04/06/tesla-model-3-1-luxury-car-in-usa/

In the first quarter of 2019, the Tesla Model 3 was again the #1 top selling car in the US luxury car market. It was far and away the winner. It was actually #13 in the overall US car market, and no other premium-class car even made the top 20.
The Tesla Model 3 accounted for 16% of sales in the small + midsize luxury car markets. That’s 16% of both markets combined.

Hey Longweakend its been a few months are Tesla going broke yet ? Cheesy

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print