Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Tesla taking over the world (Read 5178 times)
DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re: Tesla taking over the world
Reply #15 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 8:05am

https://insideevs.com/march-ev-sales-europe-40000-tesla/
Tesla Captures 45% Of Electric Car Sales In Europe In March

1/40 new cars sold in Western Europe were electric in March.

Sales of new passenger electric cars in Western Europe reached new record levels in March and in the first quarter, mostly thanks to a full month of volume deliveries of the Tesla Model 3.
With around 44.8% market share among BEVs, Tesla is a new undisputed market leader, although not as dominant as in the U.S., where 75% share was achieved in March (which is not even a record).

Tesla continues to dominate EV sales around the world, noticed the 1 VW offering (audi) is having trouble making them because they cant get batteries, so the dominance will keep going for awhile Smiley

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 10:09am

Even Poland wants some of the action in making Tesla cars ! Australia unfortunately has missed the boat with its obsession with the Ford and Holden clunkers running around Bathurst Sad

And the deadbeat LNP supporters think they can turn people away from EV's by posting pictures of car accidents as though accidents never happen in other cars. Talk about desperate  Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 10:56am

According to a report on TV this morning China's BYD sells more EV's in China than Tesla sells world wide.

Hardly "taking over the world".

"BYD, which built the battery in your ’90s cellphone, now produces more EVs than anyone—and it wants to sell them to you, soon."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-04-16/the-world-s-biggest-electric-...

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #18 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 11:52am

lee wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 10:56am:
According to a report on TV this morning China's BYD sells more EV's in China than Tesla sells world wide.

"BYD, which built the battery in your ’90s cellphone, now produces more EVs than anyone—and it wants to sell them to you, soon."

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2019-04-16/the-world-s-biggest-electric-...

https://insideevs.com/byd-ev-sales-240000-in-2018/
In December last year, BYD’s NEV sales soared 55.1% month on month (MoM) to 46,650 units. In the meantime, its full-year NEV sales aggressively surged 118% from the year-ago period to 247,811 units, which is far beyond the original 200,000-unit sales goal. To be specific, the annual sales of new energy PVs totaled 227,152 units, of which 103,263 units were all-electric vehicles and 123,889 units were plug-in hybrid vehicles. In addition, 20,659 new energy CVs were sold throughout 2018.

Tesla sold 245,000 cars last year...
BYD sold 227,000
and only 103,00 where pure electric the other Hybrid's, in short the newspaper is wrong and  you might want to get your facts before believing Bloomberg Smiley

ALso Tesla is at the moment building a factory in China and next year will be close to doubling the amount they are selling... so yes Tesla are taking over the world (at the moment) Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #19 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 12:00pm

https://thedriven.io/2019/03/14/tesla-model-3-outsold-all-other-evs-in-2018-whil...

Over 145,000 Tesla Model 3 sedans were delivered in 2018, making it the single most popular electric car last year, followed by Chinese carmaker BJEC’s EC180 and 200 EV models and Japan’s Nissan Leaf.
Along with deliveries of premium stablemates, the Tesla Model S sedan and Tesla Model X SUV, the Californian carmaker has in total sold just over 245,000 vehicles in the last twelve month, confirming its place as the world’s most successful electric car manufacturer.

And this year they are taking over Europe and even been the best selling car in some countries last month, little on best selling EV. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Apr 19th, 2019 at 8:58pm

lee wrote on Apr 19th, 2019 at 10:56am:

Well why don't you tell that to scumo. As if china is going to take any notice of the LNP retards here  Cheesy LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #21 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:22am

Tesla Model 3 was the top selling car (of any type) in the Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland last month. Furthermore:
It was the #1 luxury car in the USA in Q1 2019,
the #1 small or midsize luxury car in 2018,
the #1 electric vehicle in the USA in Q1 2019 and all of 2018,
the #1 top selling car in California in the second half of 2018,
the 11th best selling car in the USA in 2018 and the 13th best selling car in Q1 2019,
the #1 best selling car in the US in terms of revenue in Q4 2018,
the #1 best selling car from an American car company in the second half of 2018,
and together with the Model S accounted for 20% of US luxury car sales in 2018.

Ohh and not much to brag about but they are the best selling EV's company in Australia as well.

China is next and with the 3 new vehicals its working on, it will a intersting next few years for them

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2019 at 9:58am

DonDeeHippy wrote on Apr 21st, 2019 at 7:22am:
Tesla Model 3 was the top selling car (of any type) in the Netherlands, Norway, and Switzerland last month. Furthermore:
It was the #1 luxury car in the USA in Q1 2019,
the #1 small or midsize luxury car in 2018,
the #1 electric vehicle in the USA in Q1 2019 and all of 2018,
the #1 top selling car in California in the second half of 2018,
the 11th best selling car in the USA in 2018 and the 13th best selling car in Q1 2019,
the #1 best selling car in the US in terms of revenue in Q4 2018,
the #1 best selling car from an American car company in the second half of 2018,
and together with the Model S accounted for 20% of US luxury car sales in 2018.

Ohh and not much to brag about but they are the best selling EV's company in Australia as well.

China is next and with the 3 new vehicals its working on, it will a intersting next few years for them

And according to longprong nobody would ever buy Tesla. As if anyone could take advice on technology from the LNP  Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #23 - May 3rd, 2019 at 8:03am

Tesla is seeking another 2 Billion Dollars to expand quicker with extra stock to be released. Most companies when they do this the existing stock drops, Tesla's stock raised 4% after the announcement.
The people and companies that have invested in Tesla believe in them.
We should now see the SUV, Semi and the sports car arriving a lot faster now Smiley
Go Team Tesla  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #24 - May 4th, 2019 at 7:04am

Electric Vehicle Sales for First Quarter of 2019

Top 5 all-electric car manufacturers (automotive groups):
Tesla (63,000, +105%);
Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance (46,768, +16%);
BYD Group (45,758, +758%);
BAIC (26,106, +21%);
Hyundai Motor Group (Hyundai, Kia) (19,632, +132%).

It's interesting because the ICE vehicles all dropped this last quarter.... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #25 - May 5th, 2019 at 9:04am

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2019/05/2-34-billion-fundraise-gives-tesla-much-nee
ded-breathing-room/
In a Friday filing, Tesla said it had actually raised $2.34 billion in an underwriting deal spearheaded by Goldman Sachs. Tesla sold shares worth $737 million and convertible notes worth $1.6 billion. Underwriters will have the option to buy an additional $350 million in stock and debt over the next month.
In recent months, skeptics have argued that Tesla's debt-laden balance sheet and disappointing financial results would make it difficult for the company to raise more money. But this week's results laid those concerns to rest.
Stock prices often fall when a company announces plans to sell more shares, as the sale dilutes the value of the company's stocks. But Tesla's shares bucked the trend, rising about four percent on Thursday—the first trading day after the sale was announced—and another four percent on Friday.
The show of confidence from Wall Street may also give Tesla breathing room in another way. Over the last year, some critics warned that Tesla was becoming such a basket case that it might struggle to raise money at all and be forced into bankruptcy.

So when Tesla need more cash, they raised 700 million more than they asked for and all sold in2 days, there stock raised 9% as well.

Not going broke yet, 11 years of constant bankruptcy must be working  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - May 5th, 2019 at 10:29am

People believe in the company and the technology as a sure future bet Wink However they should be worried about the competition from china who are very very serious about electric cars unlike Australia which is very serious about dominos pizza so no problems with competition from Australia Cheesy LOL

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #27 - May 5th, 2019 at 11:25am

Sir lastnail wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 10:29am:
People believe in the company and the technology as a sure future bet Wink However they should be worried about the competition from china who are very very serious about electric cars unlike Australia which is very serious about dominos pizza so no problems with competition from Australia Cheesy LOL

yup Tesla is, as we speak, are building a factory in china as its the biggest market. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - May 5th, 2019 at 2:33pm

DonDeeHippy wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 11:25am:
Sir lastnail wrote on May 5th, 2019 at 10:29am:

yup Tesla is, as we speak, are building a factory in china as its the biggest market. Wink

Well no EV manufacturer would ever set foot in Australia as long as the Luddite and No Progress party is in charge Sad

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #29 - May 21st, 2019 at 10:51am

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-model-3-s-become-first-evs-to-complete-one-lap-o...
A Tesla 3 competed in a cannonball run rally in the USA that was 6,000 km's over 7 days and 18 racetracks, it came 2nd in the sedan class and got 17th overall out of 77 entrants......
It continues to impress for just being a Family sedan Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print