Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Tesla taking over the world (Read 5145 times)
Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Tesla taking over the world
Reply #45 - May 21st, 2019 at 3:23pm

Your're assuming everyone will want them. Personally I hate the idea of a self-driving car.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #46 - May 21st, 2019 at 4:10pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 3:23pm:
Your're assuming everyone will want them. Personally I hate the idea of a self-driving car.

your assuming you will have a choice...…. can you guarantee you wont get distracted or tired or even have a medical attack and cause a accident..... once autonomous cars are working right, us humans will be to dangerous to let on the roads, remember 1200 deaths a year just in Australia.
Worldwide it's horrendous

The Global status report on road safety 2018, launched by WHO in December 2018, highlights that the number of annual road traffic deaths has reached 1.35 million. Road traffic injuries are now the leading killer of people aged 5-29 year.

If there is a way to stop those deaths or greatly reduce them, what do you think should happen. Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #47 - May 21st, 2019 at 4:17pm

Which at this rate will be well after I die.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #48 - May 21st, 2019 at 4:25pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on May 21st, 2019 at 4:17pm:
Which at this rate will be well after I die.

yes in Australia that is unfortunately very true....We will probably only watch other countries get safer while Our governments Cater to which ever business pays them the most.... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #49 - Jun 3rd, 2019 at 5:26pm

“We don’t want it to be really expensive. I think it’s got to start at less than $50,000, it’s got to be like $49,000 starting price, maximum, ideally less. … It’s got to be something that’s affordable. There will be versions of the truck that are more expensive, but you’ve got to be able to get a really great truck for $49,000, or less.”
The Ford F-150 pickup truck, the top selling vehicle (of any category) in the US starts at a base list price of $28,155. Although, with popular options, the average selling price is $46,700, and it can sell for over $70,000 towards the high end. If Tesla can produce a compelling base variant of its pickup truck for $49,000, with the inherent running cost advantages of an electric powertrain, that’s going to compete well on overall economics with the average overall cost of an F-150. Ford sold over 900,000 F-150s in 2018.

Go team Tesla, so far Tesla have always delivered on what Elon says and it's usually better, his biggest "problem" if you can call it that is announcing short timelines, but never has he announced anything less than what he has said.... Wink Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #50 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 7:49am

Tesla's result in May: 58% of all plug-ins sold and 77% of all BEVs.

In May 2019, Tesla sold in the U.S. some 16,350 electric cars (InsideEVs’ estimation), which is 82% more than a year earlier!
There is no sign of a demand problem for the brand, but as we can see on particular models, the S and X are experiencing decrease (especially the S), while the Model 3 more than doubles:
Tesla results:
Tesla Model 3 – 13,950 (up 133%, 46,425 YTD, up 159%)
Tesla Model X – 1,375 (down 5%, 6,275 YTD, down 10%)
Tesla Model S – 1,025 (down 33%, 5,475 YTD, down 32%)

Tesla is still kicking ass and this quarter looks ot be it best in terms of sales, even last quarter when numbers where down it still outsold Porche and Jag globally Smiley Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Reply #51 - Jun 11th, 2019 at 7:54am

Tesla Gigafactory 3 facts:
wholly-owned subsidiary (not joint venture)
construction was started in January 2019
initial construction should be completed by the end of summer
production of cars should start in second-half of 2019 (volume production from 2020)
initial target of 3,000 cars per week (between 1,000 to 2,000 per week by the end of 2019)
expected total investment: about $2 billion
purpose: production of affordable versions of Model 3/Model Y for greater China region (higher cost versions of 3/Y and all S/X to be produced in the U.S.)
battery packs will be assembled using lithium-ion cells from various suppliers, including Panasonic
expected volume: 500,000 per year  Wink

I am me

IP Logged

DonDeeHippy
Gold Member

Cool Stuff

Australia
Re:Bob Lutz: Improved Tesla Panel Gaps Are Now “Wo
Reply #52 - Jun 18th, 2019 at 9:26am

Bob Lutz: Improved Tesla Panel Gaps Are Now “World Class”
https://cleantechnica.com/2019/06/16/bob-lutz-improved-tesla-panel-gaps-are-now-...

Renowned Tesla bear Bob Lutz has recently sung praises of the build quality of Tesla’s vehicles, saying of a Model 3 that he inspected, “not only was the paint without any discernible flaw, but the various panels formed a body of precision that was beyond reproach.”

In fairness to Lutz, given his own career, he could scarcely hope to understand this. Since retiring from his fairly conventional management roles, Lutz has only been involved with two small startup auto businesses (VIA Motors and VLF Automotive). It seems neither got beyond showing rough concepts and have now both seemingly either failed or gone into suspended animation. In short, Lutz has never been involved with a successful startup. He is not an entrepreneur.

The first couple of Tesla Model 3 had a few wide gaps on the body work, now 300,000 vehicals later it's been fixed and worldclass...
Tesla's biggest critic ex GM CEO not says Tesla's have incredible finish,, he still has a dig about Elon though cant help himself... Wink

I am me

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print