Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Student killed in Melbourne (Read 10767 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Student killed in Melbourne
Reply #120 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 9:58am

Bobby. wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 6:25am:
I was possibly right - he was out on bail.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6607187/Residents-pay-tribute-Aiia-Maas...

Heartbroken Melbourne residents join the father of murdered Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe in an outpouring of grief - as it's revealed the alcoholic wannabe rapper arrested over her 'rape' and killing was out on BAIL

Aiia Maasarwe, 21, from Israel, was studying for 6 months at La Trobe University
    She was killed after she got off the tram on Tuesday night and body was found
    Police arrested Codey Herrmann, 20, on Friday morning after manhunt for killer
    He is believed to have been on bail around time of Ms Maasarwe's tragic death
    Ms Maasarwe was killed only weeks before a planned family reunion with father
    Father Saeed was to arrive in Melbourne and travel to Sydney with his daugther
    Hours after Ms Maasarwe's body was found Herrmann made a post on Facebook
    He posted a photo of himself holding a can of Jack Daniels next to an old photo

The wannabe rapper who was arrested over the rape and murder of Israeli student Aiia Maasarwe was out on bail the night she died.

Codey Herrmann, 20, was arrested on Friday at a park in Greensborough, Melbourne after Ms Maasarwe's half-naked body was found dumped near a shopping centre.

She was killed in what police believe was an opportunistic and random attack after catching a tram at the end of a night out at a comedy show on Tuesday night.

Her father Saeed had planned to travel from the Chinese city of Guangzhou to visit the Victorian capital city and meet with his daughter.

Instead of the dream reunion he had envisaged, Mr Maasarwe was joined by devastated Melbourne residents in an outpouring of grief at the spot her body was discovered.

Hermann Monster was out on bail ready to comit another crime !!
« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2019 at 10:10am by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #121 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 10:51am

Some facts:

The Napthine government performed a $100 million cut to the police budget and cut 500 Police staff.

Contrast that with the Andrews Government:

A more than 10% boost to the numbers. And massive budget boost.

The greatest Police recruitment boost in the history of Victoria. The Police academy at peak capacity and to remain at peak capacity for 4 more years.

As of 30 June 2017, Victoria Police had over 18,440 sworn members, including 152 recruits in training, 2 reservists, 1,390 protective services officers and 3,367 civilian staff across 332 police stations.

It had a running cost of approximately A$2.78bn.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:06am

cods wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 8:24am:
its a violent place thats for sure......women should be able to carry some kind of alarm..something that makes a huge sound.. even flashing lights.... Sad

its what we have come down too...

Alarms have been available for yonks. I gave one to a young lady once when she was worried about a stalker. The alarm had a cord that pulled out to set the alarm off, and it was loud. almost deafening. I still have one of those alarms left over

The cord can be wrapped around the wrist or some part of the clothing, and if the alarm gets ripped away from the cord, it goes off

They aren't expensive, I don't understand why all women (and men) don't have one on them when they go out 

Edit: Pic of a personal alarm

« Last Edit: Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:22am by Bias_2012 »  

Our Lives Are Governed By The Feast & Famine Variable

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #123 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:09am

As for Codey Herrmann ... Another one from a "broken family background."

Well, that is of interest to some academic extent in explaining how his brain became farked.

I'm sorry that he went through that, but he is still unfit to live in society and can never be trusted to live in society.

His brain is farked, no matter how it got that way.

Since we don't have Capital Punishment and never will in the foreseeable future, the best thing is for him to be behind bars never to be released.

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #124 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:22am

Captain Nemo wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:09am:

Well, that is of interest to some academic extent in explaining how his brain became farked.

I'm sorry that he went through that, but he is still unfit to live in society and can never be trusted to live in society.

Since we don't have Capital Punishment and never will in the foreseeable future, the best thing is for him to be behind bars never to be released.

I'm from a 'broken family background' complete with abuse, neglect to the max, near-starvation and the fun of going to a violent school at a very young age (child prodigy - leaving certificate at 15).

I never raped or murdered anyone, and I abhor violence and abuse, and I feel little for those who use such things as an excuse to not be civilised.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:22am

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:06am:
cods wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 8:24am:
its a violent place thats for sure......women should be able to carry some kind of alarm..something that makes a huge sound.. even flashing lights.... Sad

its what we have come down too...

Alarms have been available for yonks. I gave one to a young lady once when she was worried about a stalker. The alarm had a cord that pulled out to set the alarm off, and it was loud. almost deafening. I still have one of those alarms left over

The cord can be wrapped around the wrist or some part of the clothing, and if the alarm gets ripped away from the cord, it goes off

They aren't expensive, I don't understand why all women (and men) don't have one on them when they go out 

are they legal here

I remember a lady being arrested for carrying a can of hairspray.. 

if they are legal I will get all my kids one  as its not only females who are at risk at night.

we should know what they sound like as well..

no point in having something no one recognises.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:25am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:22am:

I'm from a 'broken family background' complete with abuse, neglect to the max, near-starvation and the fun of going to a violent school at a very young age (child prodigy - leaving certificate at 15).

I never raped or murdered anyone, and I abhor violence and abuse, and I feel little for those who use such things as an excuse to not be civilised.

well said graps.....and there are so many out there  its the norm to come from a broken home these days...

this young person will blame all that and more for his condition  drugs alcohol  every body else.. Roll Eyes..school  no school  teachers mates    they will all be blamed you watch...

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:33am

cods wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:22am:
are they legal here

How can they be illegal?, cars have got alarms, homes have alarms. Why not one on your person?

BTW the alarm with the cord wouldn't stop screeching till the cord was inserted back into the alarm case. The cord was the on-off switch

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:36am

Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:33am:
are they legal here

How can they be illegal?, cars have got alarms, homes have alarms. Why not one on your person?

BTW the alarm with the cord wouldn't stop screeching till the cord was inserted back into the alarm case. The cord was the on-off switch

and yes  we all know what a car alarm sounds like 

do you know what a personal safety alarm sounds like..???

it cannot possibly sound like anything else can it??.

maybe it shouts HELP real loud..

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #129 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:41am

A lot, if not most of us are from broken families.

It's a bit like closing the gates after the horse has bolted. They already knew that he was a risk to society and could not be trusted.

With all the well paid psych pros, politicians, lawyers and such that we foot the bill for, they couldn't determine a real risk? Wtf are we paying for?

The foot-soldier police can only do so much without encroaching upon our freedoms. I don't expect them to police every square cm of land at all times.

Bail includes money, so therefore it is a factor. We don't need money included when the safety of the public is at stake. We already pay money to take away that factor.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:55am

1,000 people vigil on Vic parliament house steps, and not a cowardly political or police representative insight apologizing to Mr Maasarwe

All he got was a stupid insensitive statement from Assistant Commissioner Bob Hill in an interview: "The State and Australia are safe, this was an isolated incident" - what a complete drongo

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #131 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:55am

Sir lastnail wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 9:57am:
Bobby. wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 6:44am:
How many other psycho killers are out on bail?

Tell us the truth - Daniel Andrews.

Where is dirty dan ? Missing in action as usual Sad

Yes where are you Dan?

Hiding under a rock?

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 12:16pm

cods wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:36am:
Bias_2012 wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 11:33am:
are they legal here

and yes  we all know what a car alarm sounds like 

do you know what a personal safety alarm sounds like..???

it cannot possibly sound like anything else can it??.

maybe it shouts HELP real loud..

They make a loud screeching noise cods, there's little point if they just go beep beep or help help. I don't think you're serious about this subject, you go on a bit silly sometimes

There was just another murder in Victoria

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #133 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 12:52pm

That psycho killer was out on bail.

IP Logged

Bias_2012
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Jan 19th, 2019 at 1:08pm

Bobby. wrote on Jan 19th, 2019 at 12:52pm:
That psycho killer was out on bail.

So all the extra funding for cops that Deadbeat Dan promised is not going to do a damn thing. Can you see how easily the voters fall for the wrong things. It's the judges that need to be fixed, with brain transplants

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 14
Send Topic Print