Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: RIP Anthony Bourdain
Reply #31 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:21pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:17pm:
dont over think it- neither of you should do that-

I'll post that back at you next time this happens, shall I?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-05/port-lincoln-in-shock-after-father-drives-...

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #32 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:23pm

you can do whatever you like set- thats not my story-my story is my story-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #33 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:25pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:23pm:

OK, I hope I don't read it in the news.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #34 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:27pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:25pm:

you will never ever see that-

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #35 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:30pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:27pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:25pm:

you will never ever see that-

That's good to know...

At 59 I'm seeing people kicked off the planet more frequently than at any other time of my life, pointless "someone died I'm leaving too" statements make me wonder how you could have lasted this long. The death of any of my kids would scar my heart but I would not make the claim that I would end my life because of it. What would my gdaughter think of her much loved poppy?

« Last Edit: Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:35pm by Setanta »  

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #36 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:31am

If you've got someone close to you who suffers from depression - there isn't anything else to do but harden up. You have to stay strong and persist in trying to bring them back to reality.

If you become too empathetic - then it will just confirm that they're right.

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #37 - Jun 10th, 2018 at 9:51am

-
« Last Edit: Jun 10th, 2018 at 10:38am by Agnes »  

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 11:29am

mantra wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:31am:
If you've got someone close to you who suffers from depression - there isn't anything else to do but harden up. You have to stay strong and persist in trying to bring them back to reality.

This has to be the worst possible advice I have come across.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #39 - Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:34pm

I have had a seriously good run. I committed myself to hedonistic over indulgence like it was illegal.
And mostly it was.
I will not die thinking life short changed me.
That said, I have lived to more than double what I ever expected, and I could shuffle off happily, at any time, if I were the only person with a stake in my existence.
But I am not.
Hence I labor on in a body that no longer performs at a level that allows me to pursue the interests that gave me the greatest joys in life.
No, I am not talking about sex, that area is impeded only by my lack of aerobic stamina.
Rather I speak of my favourite past times of surfing, and climbing, which I no longer indulge in at all.

If, I decide to start eating healthy, and exercising, I will probably start surfing again, even if only on a SUP(stand up paddleboard, for the uninitiated), but that is a big IF.

By neglecting myself, and my personal indulgences, I have become a far less positive influence in the lives of those that love me, because to truly have the ability to give to others, you have to give to yourself first.
That is how the self destructive cycle of depression brings people low, where they lose love of self, love of life, and belief that they can maintain a positive influence in the life of those they love.

People are all very different in just how fragile they are, and what some do not even notice, others are weighed down to the point of being crushed.
So, instead of being too judgemental about choices others make, give your best efforts to loving yourself, and those you care about, and see how that works for you.
« Last Edit: Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:40pm by mozzaok »  

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #40 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:56pm

Should've taken more care with his diet........................

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #41 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 9:58pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:34pm:
I have had a seriously good run. I committed myself to hedonistic over indulgence like it was illegal.
And mostly it was.
That said, I have lived to more than double what I ever expected, and I could shuffle off happily, at any time, if I were the only person with a stake in my existence.
But I am not.
Hence I labor on in a body that no longer performs at a level that allows me to pursue the interests that gave me the greatest joys in life.
No, I am not talking about sex, that area is impeded only by my lack of aerobic stamina.
Rather I speak of my favourite past times of surfing, and climbing, which I no longer indulge in at all.

If, I decide to start eating healthy, and exercising, I will probably start surfing again, even if only on a SUP(stand up paddleboard, for the uninitiated), but that is a big IF.

By neglecting myself, and my personal indulgences, I have become a far less positive influence in the lives of those that love me, because to truly have the ability to give to others, you have to give to yourself first.
That is how the self destructive cycle of depression brings people low, where they lose love of self, love of life, and belief that they can maintain a positive influence in the life of those they love.

People are all very different in just how fragile they are, and what some do not even notice, others are weighed down to the point of being crushed.
So, instead of being too judgemental about choices others make, give your best efforts to loving yourself, and those you care about, and see how that works for you.

You need to chat with Dr Sigmund Aquascoot....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #42 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:01pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 4:34pm:
And mostly it was.
But I am not.

yes

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Jun 13th, 2018 at 10:44pm

rhino wrote on Jun 12th, 2018 at 11:29am:
mantra wrote on Jun 10th, 2018 at 8:31am:

This has to be the worst possible advice I have come across.

Mantra is of good heart.
I believe she meant it in a different way to how you interpreted it.
Neither of you are 'wrong'.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print