RIP Anthony Bourdain (Read 2146 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: RIP Anthony Bourdain
Reply #15 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:44pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
I have never heard of him either.  Not a big fan of those who suicide, either.  Selfish pricks I reckon.

Do you get lessons on being a piece of shite, or does it come naturally?

Aussie, as deep as a teaspoon, and sharp as a beachball, killer combo.
His hobbies are kicking animals and making small children cry.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:51pm

mozzaok wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:44pm:
I have never heard of him either.  Not a big fan of those who suicide, either.  Selfish pricks I reckon.

None of the above.  Just a bloke whose only sympathy in this event is for the dead person's Family....the people they left behind deliberately.....and devastated.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #17 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:55pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:51pm:
mozzaok wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 9:44pm:

None of the above.  Just a bloke whose only sympathy in this event is for the dead person's Family....the people they left behind deliberately.....and devastated.

Does he have family?

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #18 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:01pm

Was he born without Family?  How about friends....etc.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #19 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:06pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:01pm:

His life to do with as he pleases. Sure, a bit selfish if you have immediate family but meh for friends. If he had something wrong with him and no immediate family it could be a well thought out choice. We don't have details so saying it is selfish is not well founded ATM.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:12pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:06pm:

His life to do with as he pleases. Sure, a bit selfish if you have immediate family but meh for friends. If he had something wrong with him and no immediate family it could be a well thought out choice. We don't have details so saying it is selfish is not well founded ATM.

Sure.

Quote:
Personal life

Bourdain married his high school girlfriend, Nancy Putkoski, in 1985, and they remained together for two decades, divorcing in 2005.[86] On April 20, 2007, he married Ottavia Busia, a mixed martial artist.[87][88][89] The couple's daughter, Ariane, was born in 2007.[88] Bourdain noted that having to be away from his wife and child for about 250 days a year working on his television shows became a strain.[90] Busia appeared in several episodes of No Reservations—notably the ones in Sardinia (her birthplace), Tuscany (in which she plays a disgruntled Italian diner), Rome, Rio de Janeiro, and Naples. The couple divorced amicably in 2016.[91][92] In 2017, Bourdain began dating Italian actress Asia Argento, whom he met when she appeared on the Rome episode of Parts Unknown.[93][94][95]

Bourdain practiced the martial art Brazilian jiu jitsu, earning a blue belt in August 2015.[96] He won gold at the IBJJF New York Spring International Open Championship 2016, in the Middleweight Master 5 (age 56 and older) division.[97]

Bourdain had been known for being an unrepentant drinker and smoker. In a nod to Bourdain's (at the time) two-pack-a-day cigarette habit, renowned chef Thomas Keller once served him a 20-course tasting menu which included a mid-meal "coffee and cigarette": a coffee custard infused with tobacco, together with a foie gras mousse.[98] Bourdain stopped cigarette smoking in the summer of 2007 for the sake of his daughter.[99]

A former user of cocaine, heroin, and LSD, in Kitchen Confidential he wrote of his experience in a trendy SoHo restaurant in 1981: "We were high all the time, sneaking off to the walk-in refrigerator at every opportunity to 'conceptualize.' Hardly a decision was made without drugs. Cannabis, methaqualone, cocaine, LSD, psilocybin mushrooms soaked in honey and used to sweeten tea, secobarbital, tuinal, amphetamine, codeine and, increasingly, heroin, which we'd send a Spanish-speaking busboy over to Alphabet City to get."[100]

Ex Wives and a daughter don't count.  I get it now.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #21 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:21pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:12pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:06pm:

Sure.

Quote:
Personal life

Bourdain married his high school girlfriend, Nancy Putkoski, in 1985, and they remained together for two decades, divorcing in 2005.[86] On April 20, 2007, he married Ottavia Busia, a mixed martial artist.[87][88][89] The couple's daughter, Ariane, was born in 2007.[88] Bourdain noted that having to be away from his wife and child for about 250 days a year working on his television shows became a strain.[90] Busia appeared in several episodes of No Reservations—notably the ones in Sardinia (her birthplace), Tuscany (in which she plays a disgruntled Italian diner), Rome, Rio de Janeiro, and Naples. The couple divorced amicably in 2016.[91][92] In 2017, Bourdain began dating Italian actress Asia Argento, whom he met when she appeared on the Rome episode of Parts Unknown.[93][94][95]

Bourdain practiced the martial art Brazilian jiu jitsu, earning a blue belt in August 2015.[96] He won gold at the IBJJF New York Spring International Open Championship 2016, in the Middleweight Master 5 (age 56 and older) division.[97]

Bourdain had been known for being an unrepentant drinker and smoker. In a nod to Bourdain's (at the time) two-pack-a-day cigarette habit, renowned chef Thomas Keller once served him a 20-course tasting menu which included a mid-meal "coffee and cigarette": a coffee custard infused with tobacco, together with a foie gras mousse.[98] Bourdain stopped cigarette smoking in the summer of 2007 for the sake of his daughter.[99]

A former user of cocaine, heroin, and LSD, in Kitchen Confidential he wrote of his experience in a trendy SoHo restaurant in 1981: "We were high all the time, sneaking off to the walk-in refrigerator at every opportunity to 'conceptualize.' Hardly a decision was made without drugs. Cannabis, methaqualone, cocaine, LSD, psilocybin mushrooms soaked in honey and used to sweeten tea, secobarbital, tuinal, amphetamine, codeine and, increasingly, heroin, which we'd send a Spanish-speaking busboy over to Alphabet City to get."[100]

Ex Wives and a daughter don't count.  I get it now.

I didn't bother digging into his life and I said what I thought about suicide. With what you have posted, yes, it's a bit selfish.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #22 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:28pm

The common though of people suffering depression who commit suicide is that their family and the world is better off without them.

As usual aussie,  just like your hounding of the Morcombe family your compass is 180 degrees out and your head is up your arse.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #23 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:40pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:28pm:
The common though of people suffering depression who commit suicide is that their family and the world is better off without them.

As usual aussie,  just like your hounding of the Morcombe family your compass is 180 degrees out and your head is up your arse.

It's not easy to understand mental health issues. My wife has suffered from depression since the birth of our youngest son 23 years ago and I still don't get it. She thinks I'm a sociopath and it's true to a degree. My life's hurts have made me become a bit oblivious to the emotions of others and how they work. Some people harden htfu and others break. As one of those that just htfu I find it very hard to accommodate and empathise with those that break.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #24 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:49pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:40pm:

It's not easy to understand mental health issues. My wife has suffered from depression since the birth of our youngest son 23 years ago and I still don't get it. She thinks I'm a sociopath and it's true to a degree. My life's hurts have made me become a bit oblivious to the emotions of others and how they work. Some people harden htfu and others break. As one of those that just htfu I find it very hard to accommodate and empathise with those that break.

I don't get it either,  but what I do get is a lot of different kinds of people kill themselves,  many we just can't imagine why.

So all there is to understand is there must be things going on that you or I just cant begin to fathom what's going on inside their head.

IBI

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #25 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:54pm

suicide is something I will never understand- I think it takes a lot of guts and the suffering of those left behind doesn't come into it- living is unbearable in that moment- if my child goes- so do i-

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #26 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:59pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:49pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:40pm:

I don't get it either,  but what I do get is a lot of different kinds of people kill themselves,  many we just can't imagine why.

So all there is to understand is there must be things going on that you or I just cant begin to fathom what's going on inside their head.

I have to just avoid them and discussions with them, it tends to end badly. Not my area of expertise. My mind doesn't work the same and can't see or appreciate where their head is at. Offering them a spoon of cement doesn't seem to work.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #27 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:00pm

Agnes wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 10:54pm:
suicide is something I will never understand- I think it takes a lot of guts and the suffering of those left behind doesn't come into it- living is unbearable in that moment- if my child goes- so do i-

Are you making excuses for those that top their kids there? Turn that around and look at it.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #28 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:05pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:00pm:

Are you making excuses for those that top their kids there? Turn that around and look at it.

No!  Gawd.  She is saying that if her 'child' goes by some misadventure...then she will 'top' herself.....and that means she will leave her other child (she has posted in open she has a son and daughter).....bereft of TWO Family Members.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Huh

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #29 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:10pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:05pm:
Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 11:00pm:

No!  Gawd.  She is saying that if her 'child' goes by some misadventure...then she will 'top' herself.....and that means she will leave her other child (she has posted in open she has a son and daughter).....bereft of TWO Family Members.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Huh

if my child goes- so do i-

turned around

if I go- so does my child-

How often do we see that played out?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print