RIP Anthony Bourdain (Read 2152 times)
Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
RIP Anthony Bourdain
Jun 8th, 2018 at 9:58pm

Whaaaafk!

Huge fan of his shows.  In the last few years he got into shape lots heaps of weight and became a jujitsu addict.

Suicide   Sad

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/us-celebrity-chef-and-tv-host-anthony...

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Re: RIP Anthony Bourdain
Reply #1 - Jun 8th, 2018 at 10:00pm

Bourdain was found dead in a hotel room in France, where he had been working on an upcoming episode of his program, CNN said.

He took his own life, the network said.

"His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller," CNN said.

"His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time."

IBI

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 1:00am

damn. This one has surprised me. One of the few TV shows I could watch, he was an exceptionally talented man. I really felt a little connected to him when he explored the cultures and traditions behind the food.   RIP Anthony.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #3 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 5:57am

Gordon wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
Whaaaafk!

Huge fan of his shows.  In the last few years he got into shape lots heaps of weight and became a jujitsu addict.

Suicide   Sad

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/us-celebrity-chef-and-tv-host-anthony...

some say he was murdered ..

what a great man Anthony Bourdain was speaking out against the criminal cabal !

Bourdain had the following to say about Kissinger in his 2001 book, A Cook’s Tour:

“ Once you’ve been to Cambodia, you’ll never stop wanting to beat Henry Kissinger to death with your bare hands. You will never again be able to open a newspaper and read about that treacherous, prevaricating, murderous scumbag sitting down for a nice chat with Charlie Rose or attending some black-tie affair for a new glossy magazine without choking. Witness what Henry did in Cambodia – the fruits of his genius for statesmanship – and you will never understand why he’s not sitting in the dock at The Hague next to Milošević.”

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/anthony-bourdain-really-really-hated...

EXCLUSIVE: Anthony Bourdain Interviewed Elon Musk, Was Planning To Pull A Kanye West

Alex Jones joins Infowars over the phone to deliver breaking news, exclusively: Anthony Bourdain had interviewed Elon Musk just before his death and was planning to help the great MAGA awakening.

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:47am

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/entry/anthony-bourdain-hillary-clinton-weinste...

Anthony Bourdain Rips Hillary Clinton For 'Shameful' Response To Weinstein Scandal

The celebrity chef, whose girlfriend has accused the studio executive of rape, said he was disappointed with the former secretary of state.

Quote:
Anthony Bourdain

@Bourdain
know what Hillary Clinton is NOT? She's not stupid. Or unsophisticated about the world. The Weinstein stories had been out there for years

9:40 AM - Oct 12, 2017
6,236 people are talking about this

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #5 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 6:48am

http://www.bravotv.com/top-chef/blogs/anthony-bourdain-on-hillary-clinton-shamel...

Anthony Bourdain Turns Fury on Hillary Clinton for "Shameless" Response to Harvey Weinstein Allegations

Quote:
Anthony Bourdain

@Bourdain
And I have to say, Hillary's interview with Fareed Zakaria was shameful in its deflection and its disingenuousness.

9:31 AM - Oct 12, 2017
1,641 people are talking about this

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #6 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:10am

Couldn't stomach the man.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #7 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 7:12pm

Plus 1 from me.
My mrs watches the cooking channel a lot, which is paradoxical, because she cannot cook for sheet, but point is, AB was the only show I ever watched when she was watching.
I found him eminently relatable, humorous, intelligent, and empathic, an all round surprising type of "celebrity".

The fact that loony tunes like Prison Planet officianado's are already calling his hanging suspicious, saddens me, and even though the possibility that powerful people would murder others to help hide their other misdeeds, or agendae, does not seem implausible at all, the disrespectful way the loonies co-opt every incident as another flag to wave for their personal crusades, with zero consideration for family and friends in mourning, is frankly obscene.

So RIP AB, I will have a couple for ya, a big glass of Four Roses, and a few barrels of rock, to salute your passing.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #8 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:02pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 8th, 2018 at 9:58pm:
Whaaaafk!

Suicide   Sad

I guess you could say he cooked his goose. Undecided

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #9 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:14pm

He took a walk through this beautiful world / Felt the cool rain on his shoulder.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #10 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:35pm

The thing I like about Bourdain is he travels like I do, and eats at the same kind of places. 

In many of his shows I can say snap, been there.

IBI

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #11 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:42pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:35pm:
The thing I like about Bourdain is he travels like I do, and eats at the same kind of places. 

Never heard of him to be honest. I hope next time there is a "snap, been there" it's not your neck.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #12 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:48pm

I have never heard of him either.  Not a big fan of those who suicide, either.  Selfish pricks I reckon.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #13 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:48pm

Setanta wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:42pm:
Gordon wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:35pm:

Never heard of him to be honest. I hope next time there is a "snap, been there" it's not your neck.

Good travel/food shows.  He really showed the vibe of a place.  When he did shows on places I've been for me it was yup,  he nailed it.

And If I was going to top myself hanging would be the last way. Id do some way where nobody is forced to clean up the mess.

IBI

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #14 - Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:51pm

Aussie wrote on Jun 9th, 2018 at 8:48pm:
I have never heard of him either.  Not a big fan of those who suicide, either.  Selfish pricks I reckon.

Sounds like you have a really good understanding of depression and mental illness

'Onya.

IBI

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print