Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 
Send Topic Print
9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims (Read 18592 times)
Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Re: 9% Of All Australian Prisoners Are Muslims
Reply #675 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 7:59am

Grendel wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 7:26am:
2016 Census data reveals “no religion” is rising fast

The results of the latest national Census today reveal we’re a religiously diverse nation, with Christianity remaining the most common religion (52 per cent of the population).

Islam (2.6 per cent) and Buddhism (2.4 per cent) were the next most common religions reported. Nearly a third of Australians (30 per cent) reported in the Census that they had no religion in 2016.

The religious makeup of Australia has changed gradually over the past 50 years. In 1966, Christianity (88 per cent) was the main religion. By 1991, this figure had fallen to 74 per cent, and further to the 2016 figure. Catholicism is the largest Christian grouping in Australia, accounting for almost a quarter (22.6 per cent) of the Australian population.

Australia is increasingly a story of religious diversity, with Hinduism, Sikhism, Islam, and Buddhism all increasingly common religious beliefs. Hinduism had the most significant growth between 2006 and 2016, driven by immigration from South Asia.

The growing percentage of Australia’s population reporting no religion has been a trend for decades, and is accelerating. Those reporting no religion increased noticeably from 19 per cent in 2006 to 30 per cent in 2016. The largest change was between 2011 (22 per cent) and 2016, when an additional 2.2 million people reported having no religion.

How likely a person was to identify as religious in 2016 had a lot to do with their age. Young adults aged 18-34 were more likely to be affiliated with religions other than Christianity (12 per cent) and to report not having a religion (39 per cent) than other adult age groups. Older age groups, particularly those aged 65 years and over, were more likely to report Christianity.

In terms of states, New South Wales had the highest religious affiliation (66 per cent of people reporting a religious affiliation), while Tasmania (53 per cent) was the lowest.

Australian Statistician David W. Kalisch said Census data is high quality, thanks to the participation of Australians.

“The Independent Assurance Panel I established to provide extra assurance and transparency of Census data quality concluded that the 2016 Census data can be used with confidence,” Mr Kalisch said.

“The 2016 Census had a response rate of 95.1 per cent and a net undercount of 1.0 per cent. This is a quality result, comparable to both previous Australian Censuses and Censuses in other countries, such as New Zealand, Canada, and the United Kingdom.

“Furthermore, 63 per cent of people completed the Census online, embracing the digital-first approach and contributing to faster data processing and data quality improvements.

“2016 Census data provides a detailed, accurate and fascinating picture of Australia, which will be used to inform critical policy, planning and service delivery decisions for our communities over the coming years,” he said.

Census data is available free online. Use one of our easy tools such as QuickStats and Community Profiles to access the latest data for your area or topic of interest.

For more information on religion in the Census, go to the Religion Data Summary.

You can also attend one of our free Seminars. To find out more about Census Data Seminar series, or to register, go to the ABS website.

ALL OF WHICH HAS NOTHING MUCH TO DO WITH VARIOUS ETHNIC AND RELIGIOUS GROUPS BEING OVERREPRESENTED IN AUSTRALIA

funny how bwian's figures from some organisations are fine for him to accept, but everyone elses are invalid. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bwyannnnnnn is owned.

He demands proof, and facts and sources.
But when the shoe is on the other foot.
He ignores the post.

This is the sign of a chronic liar.
But that is normal for an APOLOGIST, sychopant, sympathiser,  traitor, islapaphile.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #676 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:25pm

Frank wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 7:24am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 1:12am:
Frank wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 8:55pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 7:35pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 5:40pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 6:57pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 6:21pm:
That's the take away, Bwian - Muslims are well over-represented in prisons. Not by 10-15-25 % but by 300%.  You cannot possibly deny the numbers, Bwian. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes  tsk, tsk.

Where does that 9% number come from?  Where it's source, Soren?   Why are academics allowed access to these numbers but the public are not?  Mmmm?

Looks to me like your perpetuating a myth, Soren.   Until we have a publically available, verifiable source for that 9% number, we cannot check it.   Run along, lets see you find where that 9% figure came from and lets see how it applies to all Australian inmates, OK?    Roll Eyes

Ask Matt Khoury why he is perpetuating a myth. But you are far too spineless, stupid and dishonest to actually DO it, Bwian. Sneering and cowardice are your natural behaviour.

You can voice your doubts and innuendo here http://www.thepointmagazine.com.au/post.php?s=2014-10-23-plan-to-deradicalise-at...

Go on, tell them you think they are lying because they are Islamophobes.

You stupid git.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/128170/2467911-yawn_20smiley.jpg

Matt Khoury has not produced a verifiable source for his claims about the number of Muslim inmates, Soren.  Tsk, tsk.   Still perpetuating your myths.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Ask him why he hasn't, shithead, I dare you. Go on, ask him.

Put yourself on the line mor0n.

But you will not because you KNOW you are an ignorant, know nothing coward. You could not possibly follow through with your idiotic, ignorant claims because even you know just how stupid you are and you are afraid of your own claims being attributed to you.

The prisons stats may be in a way that their release is prevented by privacy laws so the Department may have allowed viewing but not dissemination of detail.

But you go, self-soiled old aunty, put Matt Khoury on the line and show your commitment to truth, you insufferable mong. Go on, stand by your implied (but utterly nonexistent) convictions, liar.

Oh, dearie, dearie, me.  Poor, poor, Soren.   You really don't understand the point I am making.  Khoury is making use of some secret source of information that no one else has access to, according to you.  He may be but until we discover what that source is and it is made available to us to check that he is actually, accurately publishing the correct figures, you're wasting your time.

As for contacting Khoury, how is that possible when no email address is provided on his article?   Tsk, tsk, Soren, you really do need to learn about the Internet, don't you?  Obviously they didn't teach you very much at the University of Balogny did they?    Roll Eyes

The contact detaild for the editor of The Point are on the website. It's a NSW Government funded publication, specifically by http://multicultural.nsw.gov.au. You should love that.
The editors emai is kavita.bedford@multicultural.nsw.gov.au

You cowardly idiot.

Am I?  If you had attempted it you would have received the following automatic reply:

Quote:
Sender:     Kavita Bedford <kavita.bedford@multicultural.nsw.gov.au>
Receiver:  brian.ross@somewhere.com

I no longer work for Multicultural NSW.

Funny that, hey, Soren?  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:41pm by Brian Ross »  

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #677 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:30pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 9:08pm:
Other than the United States, I don't think there is a Christian country on the planet anymore.

Australia is still predominately Christian as is the UK and most of Europe.   Roll Eyes

And those of us who are not weak minded cretins should work towards ending that embarrassing fact.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #678 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:33pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 10:10pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 3:13pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 2:58am:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 1:14am:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 10:18pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 10:06pm:
Frank wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 8:34pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 25th, 2018 at 7:33pm:
   People don't go normally out of their way to kill other people and that is exactly what the overwhelming majority of Muslims are doing - not killing people. 

Gunmen storm Save the Children office in Afghanistan, killing five and injuring 24

It's far too usual by Muslims. Nobody else would target Save the Children.

And it is all done for Allah, Mohammed and the Koran.

Political reasons, Soren.  Political reasons.    Roll Eyes

You do realise that politics and Islam are indistinguishable in an Islamic majority country?

You mean like Christianity and Politics in a Christian country are, USR?   Or like Hinduism and Politics are in a Hindu country?  How about Buddhism and Politics in a Buddhist country?  MMmmmm?   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Are you serious? There is a thing called "Separation of church and state". We are not run by religion like Muslim majority countries.

Our laws reflect our Christian heritage.   The Church controls the state through subtle means - just look at Tone Rabbit and Ru486.   There may be an official separation but there is still an unofficial control of the State by the Church.   Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

YOUR Christian values. If the laws reflected Christian values, we would do away with laws regarding discrimination. The church has no power in this day and age. Judges are not going to go easy on a priest because he or she is a priest over a crime committed. But then again, at least a judge will make a ruling based on evidence. The church would burn a person at the stake or have the accused hanged. Then the head of the church would torture someone for blasphemy.

Nobody gives a damn about the church anymore. That is why 75% of the pews are bare on Sunday service. That is why you will only see big attendances at church during Christmas (maybe Easter) and baptisms. That is why you see churches merging with other congregations of the same denomination. Churches (and other religious institutions that get in the way of a productive society) are being shunned by modern society.

So, where did your figures come from USR?  Out of your bum?  I wouldn't be surprised.   Roll Eyes

As for who pays attention to the Church - look to Tone Rabbit.  He "conferred" with Cardinal Pell, he delayed the introduction of Ru486 while Health Minister against all the scientific advice.   Tsk, tsk.  appears he was in Pell's pocket, now doesn't it?    Roll Eyes

Howard is another politician who acted on his Anglican beliefs - he legislated against Same-Sex Marriage.  He legislated against Euthanasia.   I heartily recommend to you the paper, Religion in 21st Century Australian National Politics .  You might find it an eye opener.  Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #679 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:39pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 10:12pm:
2016 census figures are still fresh in my mind. Try the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Nothing in the 2016 results about church attendance that I can see...

Your figures appear to have been pulled from your bum.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #680 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:40pm

BigOl64 wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:30pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 9:46pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 9:08pm:
Other than the United States, I don't think there is a Christian country on the planet anymore.

Australia is still predominately Christian as is the UK and most of Europe.   Roll Eyes

And those of us who are not weak minded cretins should work towards ending that embarrassing fact.

That may be the future.   We are discussing the past and the present.  Wake up, BigOl64!   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #681 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 1:06pm

Hang ten a day until they equal 2.6% of the prison population......

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #682 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:26pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 1:06pm:
Hang ten a day until they equal 2.6% of the prison population......

Going to do that for the Indigenous Australians as well, Graps?

How about for the White, Colonial descended Anglo-Saxon/Celtic population?

You do realise don't you that Execution is a complete failure as a deterrent to crime?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #683 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 2:31pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:33pm:
So, where did your figures come from USR?  Out of your bum?  I wouldn't be surprised.   Roll Eyes

As for who pays attention to the Church - look to Tone Rabbit.  He "conferred" with Cardinal Pell, he delayed the introduction of Ru486 while Health Minister against all the scientific advice.   Tsk, tsk.  appears he was in Pell's pocket, now doesn't it?    Roll Eyes

Howard is another politician who acted on his Anglican beliefs - he legislated against Same-Sex Marriage.  He legislated against Euthanasia.   I heartily recommend to you the paper, Religion in 21st Century Australian National Politics .  You might find it an eye opener.  Roll Eyes

At least we can agree on something occasionally.

Howard was an ignorant cowardly little man that 'ruled' this country based solely on his own personal bias and fears.

He rarely considered the people of Australia when enacting his draconian laws and sought only to build a fiefdom fit for a fkkking liberal scumbag

One of the worst prime ministers ever.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #684 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 3:05pm

scardy cat, coward apologist sychophant islamophile.

dont like it being owned.......do you????

Bwyannnnnnn is owned.

He demands proof, and facts and sources.
But when the shoe is on the other foot.
He ignores the post.

This is the sign of a chronic liar.
But that is normal for an APOLOGIST, sychopant, sympathiser,  traitor, islapaphile.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #685 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 5:10pm

I had already pointed out the Australian Bureau of Statistics with 52% of people putting a Christian religion as their religion, and 39.7% stating that no religion is part of their culture.

And now you turn your attention to politicians instead of the church making the influence on Australian policy. At least you are right on that account. But Abbott's religious views get criticised by a large section of Australians. You can imagine that Abbott was sent to the sin bin for his views and Turnbull took over leadership of the country. Had religion been all that attractive to Australians, Abbott may well be still in the top job.

Howard was on record saying that he prayed after the Port Arthur massacre. He said it in such a way that he seemed to be trying to impress all sections of society in some desperate attempt to keep on side with secular and non-secular society.

Kevin Rudd, the cuckold, is so submissive to his wife that he would probably turn Australia into one big church. I am so glad he is gone.

So, apart from those three prime ministers, we can safely assume that religion is on the back burner and of no relevance or influence on politics. I would be quite happy seeing all religious fundamentalists rounded up and shipped Rome to be with their idiot mates.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #686 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 5:21pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 12:39pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 26th, 2018 at 10:12pm:
2016 census figures are still fresh in my mind. Try the Australian Bureau of Statistics.

Nothing in the 2016 results about church attendance that I can see...

Your figures appear to have been pulled from your bum.  Tsk, tsk.   Roll Eyes

I believe the name of the last church I walked into is called "St Davids", just adjacent to the North Rockhampton High School. I was there in 2010. St Davids was what was left of the Anglican church in Rockhampton (mainly). The other Anglican churches in town very much merged with the one church on Simpson Street. The pews were never more than one-third full. But that was okay attendance considering that there was an early (traditional) session and then a 9 am (progressive) session.

Rockhampton was a largely Anglican town in the early days. It became a Catholic town to such an extent that I had to edit, delete or avoid some public posts I made on facebook, else it affected my work. However, it is known that the majority of Rockhamptonites are non-religious people. If you bother doing the mathematics, 52% of Australians putting a Christian religion on their census forms do not translate into 52% of Australians attending churches roughly once a week. The idea that 2% of Christians regularly attend church is quite appropriate estimations.

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #687 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 5:36pm

Bwian lies...
Again and again and again.

Both Labor and The Coalition in a bipartisan move changed the marriage ACT.
At the time SSM was not Labor policy... even under Gillard it was not Labor policy.

The ALP stated that the changes to the ACT was of bipartisan support and merely
clarified the meaning of the act
and did not change its meaning.

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE BWIAN...

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #688 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 9:14pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 5:10pm:

I had already pointed out the Australian Bureau of Statistics with 52% of people putting a Christian religion as their religion, and 39.7% stating that no religion is part of their culture.

And your Church Attendance figures, USR?  You know, the ones you hope I will ignore?  Sorry, I still want to know where you got those numbers from.   Care to provide us with a source or will we simply conclude like so much of your arguments you've pulled it out of your bum?  Mmmm?    Roll Eyes

Quote:
And now you turn your attention to politicians instead of the church making the influence on Australian policy. At least you are right on that account. But Abbott's religious views get criticised by a large section of Australians. You can imagine that Abbott was sent to the sin bin for his views and Turnbull took over leadership of the country. Had religion been all that attractive to Australians, Abbott may well be still in the top job.

Abbott still desires the top job.   When he was a minister he, either under his own bat or under instructions from Howard, visited Pell for what he later claimed was a "confessional".   Yeah, sure, Tone, sure.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Howard was on record saying that he prayed after the Port Arthur massacre. He said it in such a way that he seemed to be trying to impress all sections of society in some desperate attempt to keep on side with secular and non-secular society.

Howard was a political opportunist.  His religious beliefs governed his decisions on same-sex marriage and euthanasia not the Port Arthur Massacre.  His decision to enact the UFL was governed by the need to be seen to be doing "something" rather than "nothing".   That his decision struck a chord with the voters was to his benefit.   

Quote:
Kevin Rudd, the cuckold, is so submissive to his wife that he would probably turn Australia into one big church. I am so glad he is gone.

I have no knowledge about Rudd's marital affairs.   His problem was his inability to delegate.   He found he could not trust his Cabinet and Party colleagues.   His religion played little part in his time as PM.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
So, apart from those three prime ministers, we can safely assume that religion is on the back burner and of no relevance or influence on politics. I would be quite happy seeing all religious fundamentalists rounded up and shipped Rome to be with their idiot mates.

You're assuming that all Christian fundamentalists are Catholics.  They aren't.  Politics is a subtle part of our politics.   One that cannot be ignored.   It's influence has decreased from the days of Cardinal Mannix but is always there, in the background.    Australia is a predominantly Christian country, whether you like it or not.   Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2018 at 11:38pm by Brian Ross »  

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #689 - Jan 27th, 2018 at 9:49pm

More lies bwian?
really?
Grendel wrote on Jan 27th, 2018 at 5:36pm:
Bwian lies...
Again and again and again.

Both Labor and The Coalition in a bipartisan move changed the marriage ACT.
At the time SSM was not Labor policy... even under Gillard it was not Labor policy.

The ALP stated that the changes to the ACT was of bipartisan support and merely
clarified the meaning of the act
and did not change its meaning.

LIAR LIAR PANTS ON FIRE BWIAN...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 
Send Topic Print