Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print
Laws u have concerns about because of the yes vote (Read 5201 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Laws u have concerns about because of the yes vote
Reply #60 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 11:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:18pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:13pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:02pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:01pm:
Ajax wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:51pm:

Ajax.....I'm crying.

This is just too much.

Our awesome country is doomed.

Our children.....we've failed them.

We have so much to answer for.

Seriously devastated here.

Alleged children.

No.....they're real.

And they're beautiful and as their mum I love them dearly.

So.....leave them alone.

Alleged love.

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #61 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 11:01pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:18pm:
Alleged crying.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #62 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 11:02pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:09pm:
Alleged heart.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #63 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 11:03pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:02pm:
Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 10:01pm:
Ajax wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:51pm:

Ajax.....I'm crying.

This is just too much.

Our awesome country is doomed.

Our children.....we've failed them.

We have so much to answer for.

Seriously devastated here.

Alleged children.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #64 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 3:04am

“Vote No” campaign material distributed by the Australian Conservatives, a political party founded by Senator Cory Bernardi, claims that “if same-sex marriage is legalised, Safe Schools and others like it will be mandatory in schools”.

Let’s look at the facts.

A number of organisations have  contacted the Australian Conservatives requesting sources to support the claims made in the party’s “Vote No” campaign material, but did not receive a response. Therefore one can only conclude the information published in the Australian Conservatives “Vote No” campaign material is incorrect and misleading.

There is no link between the federal Marriage Act and the Australian Curriculum.

The Safe Schools program is a resource for schools and teachers to use at their own discretion. It is not a “mandatory” part of any national, state or territory curriculum – and never was. Making such programs mandatory in the classroom would be inconsistent with curriculum policy and practice in Australia.

What is the Safe Schools program?

The Safe Schools Coalition Australia was first established by the Victorian Government in 2010. It’s now a national network convened by the Foundation for Young Australians, and delivered by partner organisations in several Australian states and territories.

The published aim of the Safe Schools Coalition is “to help school staff create safer and more inclusive environments for same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students, school staff and families”.

The Safe Schools program provides optional resources for secondary schools, including professional development for teachers and one classroom-level teaching resource designed for Year 7 and 8 students.

All of the Safe Schools resources are optional, and not a mandatory component of any national, state or territory curriculum.

Schools that choose to participate in the Safe Schools program are expected to make their own judgements about which policies and practices they adopt and which resources they use.

The Safe Schools program is supported in some form by several state and territory governments. But it is not a compulsory part of the curriculum in any Australian jurisdiction.

The Safe Schools program received federal funding for four years, but this ended in June 2017. Some state and territory governments have committed to continue funding the program to make it available for government schools. Independent (non-government) schools set their own policies about which programs they will fund and/or implement.

Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory and Western Australia will continue to fund the program. South Australia is funding a revised version of the Safe Schools program.

Safe Schools will continue to provide professional development for teachers in Queensland, although the government is yet to confirm whether it will fund the program when its federal allocation runs out in October.

Tasmania and New South Wales will not be funding the program, with both states replacing it with other anti-bullying resources.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #65 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 5:45am

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:52pm:
Ajax wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 7:32pm:
Personally for me the transgender agenda being taught in our schools should be optional, that is if a parent doesn't want his or her child to be taught this garbage and that is what it is garbage they should be able to pull their children from that class room.

Just because 3 or 4% of the population want their kids to learn about such things, it doesn't mean the majority do.

You are absolutely correct!

dear Lisa,
you do realise that your kids at school will be taught that
men sodomising each other's bums is normal behavior?

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 6:21am

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:58pm:
Personally for me the transgender agenda being taught in our schools should be optional, that is if a parent doesn't want his or her child to be taught this garbage and that is what it is garbage they should be able to pull their children from that class room.

Just because 3 or 4% of the population want their kids to learn about such things, it doesn't mean the majority do.

There is no transgender agenda being taught in our schools today.

That's your opinion.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 6:31am

Dnarever wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:02pm:
Ajax wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
Dnarever wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:09pm:

You do know that the program is only applied at the 0.02% of schools that have a transgender student ?

The students in these schools can not really avoid knowing a bit about it.

Haven't heard that before, my understanding is its going to be rolled out in every school.

It has been running for a number of years in schools who have a transgender child. Some of it has been done well and some has been dreadful. But in my opinion providing some education is schools where there is a trans kid is a good idea.

It does also apply to gay children. well over 60% of gay children are bullied at school.

The program is non compulsory, It has been discontinued in NSW. There is no sex education component it is an anti bullying program. Participation is optional there is no link between SSM and the safe schools program.

Quote:
LGBTI young people at schools where protective policies are in place are more likely to feel safe compared with those young people in schools without similar policies (75 per cent compared with 45 per cent). They are almost 50 per cent less likely to be physically abused at school, less likely to suffer other forms of homophobic abuse, less likely to self-harm and less likely to attempt suicide.

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/Pages/safe-schools-coaliti...

I find it difficult to call protecting children to be evil.

"A transgender child?" One? 

At primary school I would be surprised if any child knew that they were gay or transgender.

More realisation would be as a teen at High School level.

It has been well publicised that after legalising SSM in the US and Canada that full programs of the LGBITQ agenda were being introduced from elementary school to High Schools with no opt out option for parents.

We are following in the very same footsteps yet you say it is different here ... it is not will not be any different.

Those who had a big hand in our SSP are LGBITQ activists.

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Captain Caveman
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 7:08am

If it is mandatory with no opt out then remove your child from the school. That's the best way to combat these aphabets. If it is in primary schools then I imagine uproar from the general population. This is not a game that all kids play. The small minority that do should have their own classes and leave the rest as they were.
Schools don't teach our kids correctly anyway so this will be nothing different.

IP Logged

Lord Herbert
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 7:30am

Quote:-

The typical SSM supporter?

female
    in their 20s or 30s
    graduate of year 12 or higher
    English-speaking
    not religious
    on a high income

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #70 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 8:28am

Captain Caveman wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 7:08am:

If it is mandatory with no opt out then remove your child from the school. That's the best way to combat these aphabets.

If it is in primary schools then I imagine uproar from the general population.

This is not a game that all kids play. The small minority that do should have their own classes and leave the rest as they were.

Schools don't teach our kids correctly anyway so this will be nothing different.

Captain

We ARE pulling our children out of the public school system. Now.

And we're enrolling them in Christian schools across Australia.

I've been speaking to some Chinese neighbours this morning. They're not even Christian but they're absolutely horrified at what's happened. Their kids will not be attending any local public schools.

I've given them the name of the Christian school our 2 little ones will be attending and I've asked them to spread the word amongst their community.

I can already see what's going to happen.

Esp after attending our local church Mums n Bubs group yesterday. The mums there were hoping to send their kids to local public schools until Yr 6. Not anymore.

There's now a mass exodus into private Christian schools. From kindergarten onwards.

Private Christian schools across Australia will thrive in terms of exploding numbers of new enrolments. Their existing awesome records re university entrance will also increase.

Oh and funding will have to increase as a result.

And the already economically starved public school system will be left for the morally and ethically bankrupt to enjoy.

IP Logged

tickleandrose
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Nov 16th, 2017 at 9:37am

I disagree with Lisa.  I believe that sexuality should be taught at school, and the correct information be available to students.  Students are not idiots.  Its not like if you avoid talking about something, that they would not know what something is about.   At a young age, I came to know about different sexuality just by virtual of living and watching TV.   And the internet is full of informations - good or bad.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Nov 17th, 2017 at 10:03am

Bobby. wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 5:45am:

dear Lisa,

What else would they sodomise, if not bums?     Undecided

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #73 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 8:43am

Raven wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 3:04am:
“Vote No” campaign material distributed by the Australian Conservatives, a political party founded by Senator Cory Bernardi, claims that “if same-sex marriage is legalised, Safe Schools and others like it will be mandatory in schools”.

Let’s look at the facts.

A number of organisations have  contacted the Australian Conservatives requesting sources to support the claims made in the party’s “Vote No” campaign material, but did not receive a response. Therefore one can only conclude the information published in the Australian Conservatives “Vote No” campaign material is incorrect and misleading.

There is no link between the federal Marriage Act and the Australian Curriculum.

The Safe Schools program is a resource for schools and teachers to use at their own discretion. It is not a “mandatory” part of any national, state or territory curriculum – and never was. Making such programs mandatory in the classroom would be inconsistent with curriculum policy and practice in Australia.

What is the Safe Schools program?

The Safe Schools Coalition Australia was first established by the Victorian Government in 2010. It’s now a national network convened by the Foundation for Young Australians, and delivered by partner organisations in several Australian states and territories.

The published aim of the Safe Schools Coalition is “to help school staff create safer and more inclusive environments for same sex attracted, intersex and gender diverse students, school staff and families”.

The Safe Schools program provides optional resources for secondary schools, including professional development for teachers and one classroom-level teaching resource designed for Year 7 and 8 students.

All of the Safe Schools resources are optional, and not a mandatory component of any national, state or territory curriculum.

Schools that choose to participate in the Safe Schools program are expected to make their own judgements about which policies and practices they adopt and which resources they use.

The Safe Schools program is supported in some form by several state and territory governments. But it is not a compulsory part of the curriculum in any Australian jurisdiction.

The Safe Schools program received federal funding for four years, but this ended in June 2017. Some state and territory governments have committed to continue funding the program to make it available for government schools. Independent (non-government) schools set their own policies about which programs they will fund and/or implement.

Victoria, the Australian Capital Territory and Western Australia will continue to fund the program. South Australia is funding a revised version of the Safe Schools program.

Safe Schools will continue to provide professional development for teachers in Queensland, although the government is yet to confirm whether it will fund the program when its federal allocation runs out in October.

Tasmania and New South Wales will not be funding the program, with both states replacing it with other anti-bullying resources.

All that for one erroneous point eh Raven.

Only NSW and Tassie have ceased to fund it.
Now we have EQUALITY via SSM how can we argue against teaching children EQUALITY in schools.  Roz Ward the architect of the SS Programs stated that it is NOT ABOUT BULLYING but is about CHANGING SOCIETY...  SSM was about CHANGING SOCIETY, not love or equality.

there is nothing to prevent this program from being reinstated in NSW and Tasmania or continuing in all the other states etc.  It is pernicious, dishonest and a threat to our society and future.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #74 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 9:24am

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 17th, 2017 at 10:03am:
Bobby. wrote on Nov 16th, 2017 at 5:45am:

dear Lisa,

What else would they sodomise, if not bums?     Undecided

OK then - kids will be taught that bum chumming is normal.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print