Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Surfer allowed to drink Manus Island water (Read 364 times)
salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Surfer allowed to drink Manus Island water
Nov 16th, 2017 at 8:27am

We've heard a lot about water being turned off at the detention centre on Manus Island. We've also heard that the detainees are allowed to go into Lorengau to buy fags and pussy. What we haven't heard is why the detainees are not allowed to drink water from any public park or that they aren't allowed to purchase bottled water.

Why is a surfer allowed to drink the local water but detainees are not. Can someone inform us please regarding these peculiar rules.

In 1998, I was living on Lord Howe Island, one of the most beautiful places in the world. I was fresh out of high school and working as a dive instructor. The captain of the dive boat told me about the time he had spent in Papua New Guinea with the legendry Jean Michel Cousteau (son of the ocean explorer Jacques) sometime in the 1980s.

He spoke of some of the most incredible diving in the world, amazing tropical locations and friendly people. All at Manus Province. It sounded simply incredible.

So I promised myself that one day I would get there. It ended up taking me 16 years, but it was worth the wait and certainly a lot better than what the guidebooks made out. Ultimately it was surfing that took me to Manus. No surprise there, it takes me pretty much everywhere

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-advice/travellers-stories/the-side-of-manus...

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Surfer allowed to drink Manus Island water
Reply #1 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 9:48pm

No deaths due to lack of water reported this week from Manus Island. Anyone got any other information? Anyone.......

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2017 at 10:03pm

Hang on Saladin, we might have an update....

Doctors demand Manus medical checks

Advocates have rallied in Sydney to demand refugees and asylum seekers on Manus Island are brought to Australia a day after doctors asked the federal government to send independent medical experts to check on the men's health.

Two hundred protesters gathered in Hyde Park on Saturday almost three weeks after Papua New Guinea officially closed the detention facility on Manus Island.

Refugee Action Coalition spokesman Nick Riemer says the men on the island are being
denied water
and medical treatment while suffering "brutal threats and treatment".

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/doctors-demand-manus-medical-check...

Water is available to EVERYONE in the town of Lorengau. I'm sure the detainees are able to make the trip into town. They've done it many times before to buy fags and pussy.

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 19th, 2017 at 9:20am

Bottled water is able to be purchased in PNG.

Cost of Living in Port Moresby

Restaurants      [ Edit ]      Range
Meal, Inexpensive Restaurant      16.45 A$      12.34-20.57
Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course      82.26 A$      61.70-82.26
McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal)      9.05 A$      4.94-12.05
Domestic Beer (0.5 liter draught)      4.32 A$      3.29-5.35
Imported Beer (0.33 liter bottle)      6.17 A$      4.94-6.58
Cappuccino (regular)      4.05 A$      2.47-6.17
Coke/Pepsi (0.33 liter bottle)      1.75 A$      1.23-2.06
Water (0.33 liter bottle)      1.65 A$      1.23-2.06

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Port-Moresby?displayCurrency=AUD

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print