Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Laws u have concerns about because of the yes vote (Read 5188 times)
Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Laws u have concerns about because of the yes vote
Nov 15th, 2017 at 7:32pm

Personally for me the transgender agenda being taught in our schools should be optional, that is if a parent doesn't want his or her child to be taught this garbage and that is what it is garbage they should be able to pull their children from that class room.

Just because 3 or 4% of the population want their kids to learn about such things, it doesn't mean the majority do.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

thecuriousmail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Re: Laws u have concerns about because of the yes vote
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:04pm

Mate, surveys at the time showed about
75%
of australians disapproved of an australian involvement in an iraq war without UN backing.
And yet Howard forced australia to follow Bush into war.
When was the last 'plebiscite' prior to SSM??

thecuriousmail.wordpress.com
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them." Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:09pm

Ajax wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 7:32pm:
Personally for me the transgender agenda being taught in our schools should be optional, that is if a parent doesn't want his or her child to be taught this garbage and that is what it is garbage they should be able to pull their children from that class room.

Just because 3 or 4% of the population want their kids to learn about such things, it doesn't mean the majority do.

You do know that the program is only applied at the 0.02% of schools that have a transgender student ?

The students in these schools can not really avoid knowing a bit about it.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:11pm

thecuriousmail wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:04pm:
Mate, surveys at the time showed about
75%
of australians disapproved of an australian involvement in an iraq war without UN backing.
And yet Howard forced australia to follow Bush into war.
When was the last 'plebiscite' prior to SSM??

I was one of that 75%.

1. There has never been a more serious assault on our standard of living than Anthropogenic Global Warming..Ajax
2. "One hour of freedom is worth more than 40 years of slavery &  prison" Regas Feraeos

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:12pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:09pm:

You do know that the program is only applied at the 0.02% of schools that have a transgender student ?

Haven't heard that before, my understanding is its going to be rolled out in every school.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #5 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:52pm

You are absolutely correct!

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:56pm

Ajax wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:12pm:
Haven't heard that before, my understanding is its going to be rolled out in every school.

let me guess, you heard that from the 'no' campaign?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:58pm

There is no transgender agenda being taught in our schools today.

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #8 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:00pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:56pm:

Or from the Murdoch media.
They have been running a campaign against the safe schools program

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:02pm

Dnarever wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:09pm:

It has been running for a number of years in schools who have a transgender child. Some of it has been done well and some has been dreadful. But in my opinion providing some education is schools where there is a trans kid is a good idea.

It does also apply to gay children. well over 60% of gay children are bullied at school.

The program is non compulsory, It has been discontinued in NSW. There is no sex education component it is an anti bullying program. Participation is optional there is no link between SSM and the safe schools program.

Quote:
LGBTI young people at schools where protective policies are in place are more likely to feel safe compared with those young people in schools without similar policies (75 per cent compared with 45 per cent). They are almost 50 per cent less likely to be physically abused at school, less likely to suffer other forms of homophobic abuse, less likely to self-harm and less likely to attempt suicide.

http://www.education.vic.gov.au/about/programs/health/Pages/safe-schools-coaliti...

I find it difficult to call protecting children to be evil.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #10 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:07pm

Lisa Jones wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:52pm:

You are absolutely correct!

Personally for me the transgender agenda being taught in our schools should be optional

it is optional. It is a choice first for the school to participate and secondly for the Student / Parent.

that is if a parent doesn't want his or her child to be taught this garbage and that is what it is garbage they should be able to pull their children from that class room.

it isn't a class room subject and both the student and Parent have the choice to allow participation.

Nothing you said is based in fact.
« Last Edit: Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:22pm by Dnarever »  

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #11 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:08pm

John Smith wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 8:56pm:

If you are in NSW it will be in no schools. Which is a terrible shame.

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #12 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:12pm

Quote:

Safe Schools “not about stopping bullying” – Roz Ward

In a leaked video, Roz Ward admits:

“… Safe Schools Coalition is about supporting gender and sexual diversity. Not about celebrating diversity. Not about stopping bullying. “About gender and sexual diversity. About same-sex attractive. About being transgender. About being lesbian, gay, bisexual – say the words – transgender, intersex. Not just 'Be nice to everyone. Everyone’s great'.”

The leaked video was filmed at a Safe Schools Coalition National Symposium in Melbourne, on 13 June, 2014.

Safe School Coalition Project Officer Joel Radcliffe also spoke at the symposium, saying the opinions of parents don’t really matter.

“(Parents) seem to have a lot of power over schools.  Parents don't have the power to shut this down,” he said.  “There's an insignificant minority that might have an issue with it.  None of them really ever say anything.  I know one person that does.  The Principal knows how to deal with that person.”

FamilyVoice Australia’s national research officer Ros Phillips said the program should be immediately scrapped.

“This video shows conclusively that this program is about rainbow ideology, and not about stopping bullying," she said.

http://www.fava.org.au/news/2016/safe-schools-a-not-about-stopping-bullyinga-a-r...

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:18pm

IP Logged

Ajax
Gold Member

CO2 has never controlled
temperature on Earth

Australia
Reply #14 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:23pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Nov 15th, 2017 at 9:18pm:

Quote:
FamilyVoice national director Dr David Phillips is concerned about material from Early Childhood Australia (ECA), which claims children are sexual beings from birth.

A training presentation obtained yesterday from the ECA website supports claims in journalist Susie O’Brien’s article that ECA advocates sex education for toddlers.

“Entitled ‘Children’s Sexual Development’, the presentation claims that babies and toddlers masturbate for pleasure,” Dr Phillips said.  “It claims that children masturbate and look at nude pictures in their early school years.

“The presentation also discusses gender identity and cross dressing, encouraging teachers to provide attractive dress up clothes for boys as well as girls.”

Dr Phillips said most parents would be horrified by the content of ECA’s presentation.

“Helping preschool children to learn about themselves and their body should be the sole responsibility of parents.

“I call on state education ministers to review all material produced by Early Childhood Australia.”

http://www.fava.org.au/news/news-article/420

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6
Send Topic Print