Yes    
  7 (28.0%)
No    
  18 (72.0%)

Total votes: 25
« Created by: greggerypeccary on: Oct 9th, 2017 at 6:09pm »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print
The Dole Sink-Holes in Australia ... (Read 10686 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The Dole Sink-Holes in Australia ...
Reply #120 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 8:25pm

mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:22pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:21pm:
mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:19pm:
Gnads wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 7:15pm:
mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 6:59pm:
Gnads accuses me of being "twisty" too. I thought it was just because i was a man-hating, devious woman .. but you are too.

There. A new one.

No ... you are confused.

And there's no relevance to your foibles.

Irrelevant foibles, eh?

That's the thanks i get for patiently and politely explaining to you what welfare means and offering you helpful suggestions as to how to come to terms with it?

Point proven ... you're just being your supercilious self.

Not at all, Gnads!

Are you telling me you still consider the age pension not to be welfare?

Despite all evidence to the contrary?

Only for immigrants who are tinted, Mother.

Herbie's okay. He's tanned.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #121 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:47pm

Gnads accuses me of being "twisty" too. I thought it was just because i was a man-hating, devious woman .. but you are too.

There. A new one.

No ... you are confused.

Irrelevant foibles, eh?

That's the thanks i get for patiently and politely explaining to you what welfare means and offering you helpful suggestions as to how to come to terms with it?

Not at all, Gnads!

There is no 'evidence' that portrays the aged pension as 'welfare' .. there is only useless verbiage that seeks to imply that somehow it is a gift or an act of charity that may be withdrawn or adjusted at any time.

Social Security is a bought and paid for Right - those are the ONLY relevant facts.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #122 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:51pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:47pm:
There is no 'evidence' that portrays the aged pension as 'welfare' .. there is only useless verbiage that seeks to imply that somehow it is a gift or an act of charity that may be withdrawn or adjusted at any time.

Social Security is a bought and paid for Right - those are the ONLY relevant facts.

I used to feel happy about paying taxes for pensioners because I said to myself -
well - I'll be a pensioner one day then they will pay me.

That's no longer the case - we have all been ripped off.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:54pm

Once again fore the slow-heareted here:-

Welfare is the philosophy or intent of alleviating poverty and need:

Social Security, a bought and paid for Right via taxation for many decades in Oz now, is the provision of a retirement package or relief in times of hardship.

One is the concept - the other is the way it is done, and since the term 'welfare' implies some loss of personal power and control by the recipient of social security, and the subjugation of all such recipients to the status of supplicants rather than people exercising a bought and paid for right - the term 'welfare' has no meaning in the context of the Australian Social Security system.

The term 'welfare' only has meaning here in the context of charity provision of emergency relief, and in terms of ensuring the well-being of people, such as when police visit an aged person who has not been seen for some time and may need help.

Now - let us leave the term 'welfare' in the toilet bowl from which it was dragged, and flush it from the minds of anyone discussing Social Security in MY nation... yes - the one for which I take ownership, something some of you could learn.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:58pm

There. A new one.

No ... you are confused.

Irrelevant foibles, eh?

Not at all, Gnads!

And i thought where persuasive arguments failed, John's actual dictionary definition would provide some clarity.

Forgot where i was again.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:58pm

Bobby. wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:51pm:

I used to feel happy about paying taxes for pensioners because I said to myself -

The theft of retirement funding into consolidated revenue to become the plaything of politicians has created that anomaly, which is why I have long advocated a one-stop retirement packaging house out of the hands of grasping politicians, in which the current social security funding, along with superannuation contributions, all goes, and all are treated according to the same standards and rates, with the SS funding constituting a minimum retirement package for those with the least.

Not that much different from the current fiasco, except that the politicians can't get their hands on the cash and funnel it off elsewhere - say into a 'futures fund' to guarantee their own retirement cash - and their retirement package is treated by the same standards as everyone else.

― John Adams

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #126 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:02pm

mothra wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:58pm:

There. A new one.

No ... you are confused.

Irrelevant foibles, eh?

Not at all, Gnads!

And i thought where persuasive arguments failed, John's actual dictionary definition would provide some clarity.

Forgot where i was again.

Forget dictionary 'definitions' - they are a reflection of common (word intentional) usage, and are in no way indicative of the true meanings of things as defined properly by the authority that runs it.

For those you must go to the government websites I've posted many times before... but I cannot continue to spoon feed those who do not bother to read.

I will try again, from the alpha stallion's mouth   Roll Eyes:-

http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@.nsf/94713ad445ff1425ca25682000192af2/8e72c45...

― John Adams

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Oct 11th, 2017 at 11:07pm

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #128 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 5:48am

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 10:51pm:

The theft of retirement funding into consolidated revenue to become the plaything of politicians has created that anomaly, which is why I have long advocated a one-stop retirement packaging house out of the hands of grasping politicians, in which the current social security funding, along with superannuation contributions, all goes, and all are treated according to the same standards and rates, with the SS funding constituting a minimum retirement package for those with the least.

Not that much different from the current fiasco, except that the politicians can't get their hands on the cash and funnel it off elsewhere - say into a 'futures fund' to guarantee their own retirement cash - and their retirement package is treated by the same standards as everyone else.

The politicians should have to join the queue at Centerlink like everyone else.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:07am

There. A new one.

No ... you are confused.

Irrelevant foibles, eh?

Not at all, Gnads!

Yes ... thank you Grap

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:11am

"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead. It's only painful and difficult for others. The same applies when you are stupid." ~ Ricky Gervais

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:20am

Can someone go through life without ever working, and without ever paying tax, and then receive the Age Pension when they reach retirement age?

A simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:36am

greggerypeccary wrote on Oct 12th, 2017 at 8:20am:

Can someone go through life without ever working, and without ever paying tax, and then receive the Age Pension when they reach retirement age?

A simple 'yes' or 'no' will suffice.

And how is that question relevant to the point Grappler was making?

You being your normal repetitious half smart self  as usual.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #133 - Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:58pm

Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:46am:
I work with 2 Africans and at least 2 muslims. Both groups have shown to be competent workers and are no trouble to anyone. "Friendly, well-mannered people", I would call them.

Just wait 'til they comprise a sizable group within your small boutique factory.

The point being that, even then, Muslims are not the dole bludgers that people make them out to be.

IP Logged

Gnads
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Oct 14th, 2017 at 7:44am

UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 13th, 2017 at 10:58pm:
Lord Herbert wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 12:04pm:
UnSubRocky wrote on Oct 11th, 2017 at 9:46am:
I work with 2 Africans and at least 2 muslims. Both groups have shown to be competent workers and are no trouble to anyone. "Friendly, well-mannered people", I would call them.

Just wait 'til they comprise a sizable group within your small boutique factory.

The point being that, even then, Muslims are not the dole bludgers that people make them out to be.

The unemployment rate for males & female ME muslim refugees is around 83% for extended periods after arrival.

The cost is astounding.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 
Send Topic Print