Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is saying "Arabs are responsible for diseases spread by Arabs, just like Europeans are responsible for diseases spread by Europeans" blatant racism?

yes    
  3 (23.1%)
no    
  1 (7.7%)
yes - but only against whites    
  1 (7.7%)
not racist - WAAAACIST!    
  1 (7.7%)
what an idiotic question    
  7 (53.8%)

Total votes: 13
« Last Modified by: polite_gandalf on: Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:07am »

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41
Send Topic Print
Islam-inspired racism (Read 40462 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Islam-inspired racism
Reply #525 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:42pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:18pm:
Was it not an Arab disease?

First I'm hearing this. I think this is your story FD.

You have brought this example up a dozen times recently Gandalf.

polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 1:26pm:
Thats a great question FD.

You might also want to ponder over when people in Europe became "European", and why did they stop being "Africans"... are Dingos considered bone fide "native" Australian animals now? If so, when exactly did that happen? Questions, questions...

Let's try again Gandalf. Why, other than convenient racism, does it stop being an Indian or Arab disease, despite not evolving into a new race, but it is forever a European disease?

freediver wrote on Apr 9th, 2018 at 2:14pm:
Quote:
My definition, which is coincidentally also the bleeding obvious, common sense definition, is based on who brought it and where they brought it from. So if European people brought a disease to a another continent from Europe (irrespective of who might have originally brought it to Europe hundreds of years earlier), I say its a "European disease". Is it correct to say that this concept still flies over your head?

What if Indians bought the disease to the Arabs, Arabs brought the disease to Europe, Europeans landed it somewhere in the Americas, and then native Americans brought it to other parts of the Americas? Is it still a European disease?

Or does it only count if they use ships rather than beautiful Muslim camels?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #526 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:18pm

Quote:
No. Has the day reached peak stupid yet? I certainly hope so.

You might also want to ponder over when people in Europe became "European", and why did they stop being "Africans"... are Dingos considered bone fide "native" Australian animals now? If so, when exactly did that happen? Questions, questions...

Let's try again Gandalf. Why, other than convenient racism, does it stop being an Indian or Arab disease, despite not evolving into a new race, but it is forever a European disease?

Quote:
My definition, which is coincidentally also the bleeding obvious, common sense definition, is based on who brought it and where they brought it from. So if European people brought a disease to a another continent from Europe (irrespective of who might have originally brought it to Europe hundreds of years earlier), I say its a "European disease". Is it correct to say that this concept still flies over your head?

What if Indians bought the disease to the Arabs, Arabs brought the disease to Europe, Europeans landed it somewhere in the Americas, and then native Americans brought it to other parts of the Americas? Is it still a European disease?

Thank God you're back, FD. Can you answer the question now, please, or would you like me or Auggie or G to repeat it?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #527 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:23pm

freediver wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 6:44pm:
Here's a simple question for you Gandalf. Were you, by your own logic, blaming Europeans for Arab diseases?

Let's try again, FD. Can you explain if you're blaming Arabs (not racist) for European diseases?

Cheers.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #528 - Apr 10th, 2018 at 9:24pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:28pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:25pm:
Auggie wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:20pm:
Quote:
No. Has the day reached peak stupid yet? I certainly hope so.

Quote:

But then, surely, who brought the diseases to the Arabs??

Who brought the diseases to the Indians?

FD?

Let's try again.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #529 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 12:39pm

freediver wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:42pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 10th, 2018 at 8:41pm:

First I'm hearing this. I think this is your story FD.

You have brought this example up a dozen times recently Gandalf.

So to prove your point about my alleged mischaracterisation of arab diseases, you then proceed to quote yourself. FD logic.

Not sure where you're going with this FD. Lets start with finding a quote of me describing "arab diseases" as "European diseases", rather than simply quoting yourself. If I did it a "dozen times", then you'll have no trouble finding at least one instance, right?

Also, whose definition of "arab diseases" am I mischaracterising? Yours? Hillarious if it is - considering you think the very idea of 'arab diseases' is absurd. But lets start with that quote and we'll go from there - ok?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #530 - Apr 13th, 2018 at 2:45pm

He's evading again, FD.What sound does a jellyfish make?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #531 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:46am

Quote:
Also, whose definition of "arab diseases" am I mischaracterising? Yours? Hillarious

I did not accuse you of mischaracterising anyone's definition. You are trying to avoid characterising your own.

Quote:
Lets start with finding a quote of me describing "arab diseases" as "European diseases"

Why?

[quote]My definition, which is coincidentally also the bleeding obvious, common sense definition, is based on who brought it and where they brought it from. So if European people brought a disease to a another continent from Europe (irrespective of who might have originally brought it to Europe hundreds of years earlier), I say its a "European disease". Is it correct to say that this concept still flies over your head?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #532 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:20am

Good point, FD. If they started in India they must be Curry diseases.

Let's try again Gandalf. Do you think FD's still carrying on to avoid sounding like a silly old wacist?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #533 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:24pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:20am:

Let's try again Gandalf. Do you think FD's still carrying on to avoid sounding like a silly old wacist?

I love curry. Does that make me disease-ridden?

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #534 - Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:25pm

Auggie wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:24pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 11:20am:

I love curry. Does that make me disease-ridden?

Not at all. We all like a nice curry, Augie.

However, if your wife makes you curry and stinks out your Harris Park block of flats, you're probably a dirty Curry Shtter, as Gordon will attest.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #535 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 7:37pm

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2018 at 8:46am:
Why?

so I can make sense of this question...

The only sense I can make of this question is that you are accusing me of claiming particular diseases stopped being "Indian" or "Arab" diseases, and somehow became, forever "European diseases". Which I don't believe I did. If you disagree, then I request, again, that you cite me doing so.

As you say, "lets try again".

I have spelled out many times what my criteria for my definition is. I am exceedingly confident it can be understood as a statement of the bleeding obvious without any issue by anyone with half a brain. Even you FD. But if you can't be bothered listening and comprehending what I say, then thats not my problem.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #536 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:17pm

Quote:
The only sense I can make of this question is that you are accusing me of claiming particular diseases stopped being "Indian" or "Arab" diseases, and somehow became, forever "European diseases". Which I don't believe I did. If you disagree, then I request, again, that you cite me doing so.

I have asked you several times whether they stop being European diseases. Or whether they might actually actually Arab diseases. Perhaps you should answer the question rather than reading accusations into them.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #537 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:23pm

freediver wrote on Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:17pm:
I have asked you several times whether they stop being European diseases. Or whether they might actually actually Arab diseases. Perhaps you should answer the question rather than reading accusations into them.

You have asked a silly nonsensical question without once thinking to stop and actually explain what it means. Several times, yes.

Did small pox and the common cold really come from Arabia and/or India? Is that your point FD?

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #538 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:25pm

Quote:

No problem.

When do they stop being European diseases Gandalf?

Let me know if you have trouble understanding the question.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #539 - Apr 15th, 2018 at 8:44pm

Sure FD, I have trouble understanding the question.

Perhaps we can start with what you mean by "they".

Consider yourself "let be known".

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 ... 41
Send Topic Print