Send Topic Print
Cold! (Read 10775 times)
Secret Wars
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Cold!
Reply #195 - Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:46pm

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:18pm:
Well, if the Church had had it's way, it would have stopped developing about 1200 CE...    Roll Eyes

Brian admitting that religion retards progress.  Churchy type religion, of course, not the social, political and religious belief systems that have made Islamic societies at the forefronts of religious freedom, female and homosexual rights, free speech and tolerance.

Ohhhhhh wait... 

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #196 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 12:03am

GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:32pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:15pm:
GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 10:52pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 10:37pm:
GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 10:29pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 10:03pm:
GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 4:55pm:
I believe Indigenous Australian had just about the lowest social and technological evolution on the planet.

So, you're basically saying that you're a racist

Just can't help yourself with the name calling.

Just can't accept the correct use of a word to identify what I am talking/asking about, can you, Gordy?

You make a racist statement, what should I call it?   Something nice and comfy for your feelings?    Roll Eyes

I've been to Angkor Watt, Pyramids of Giza, Temples of Began, Stone Henge, colosseum.

These are my points of comparison

Show me the structures
Show me the governance
Show me the major works of art
Show me the ancient texts
Show me the agriculture
Show me the science
Show me engineering

The reason they are failing so miserably now is because they had progressed so little.

Show me the structures
Show me the governance
Show me the agriculture
Show me the science
Show me engineering

All you need is to open your eyes, Gordy...    Roll Eyes

There's nothing to see. Just rocks and sticks

Nothing to see.  Just a closed mind it seems.   Roll Eyes

Tell me, do you think that the North American natives were "primitive" and "stone age peoples"?   Afterall, they left nothing behind them.   What about the biggest empire the world has seen, the Mongols, stretching from Eastern Europe to the Sea of Japan?  How much did they leave behind?   What about the Aztec and Incan Empires?   Not much left of their works, either...

It all depends on what you're looking for Gordy.  If you want Coliseums and Pyramids, you'll be disappointed but if you're willing to see fish traps and stone art, well, there is plenty of that.

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #197 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 12:05am

Secret Wars wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:46pm:
Well, if the Church had had it's way, it would have stopped developing about 1200 CE...    Roll Eyes

Brian admitting that religion retards progress. 

Where have I ever claimed otherwise?   Please stop erecting strawmen arguments...   Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #198 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 9:25am

Brian Ross wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 12:03am:
GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:32pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:15pm:
GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 10:52pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 10:37pm:
GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 10:29pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 10:03pm:
GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 4:55pm:
I believe Indigenous Australian had just about the lowest social and technological evolution on the planet.

So, you're basically saying that you're a racist

Just can't help yourself with the name calling.

Just can't accept the correct use of a word to identify what I am talking/asking about, can you, Gordy?

You make a racist statement, what should I call it?   Something nice and comfy for your feelings?    Roll Eyes

I've been to Angkor Watt, Pyramids of Giza, Temples of Began, Stone Henge, colosseum.

These are my points of comparison

Show me the structures
Show me the governance
Show me the agriculture
Show me the science
Show me engineering

The reason they are failing so miserably now is because they had progressed so little.

Show me the structures
Show me the governance
Show me the agriculture
Show me the science
Show me engineering

All you need is to open your eyes, Gordy...    Roll Eyes

There's nothing to see. Just rocks and sticks

Nothing to see.  Just a closed mind it seems.   Roll Eyes

Tell me, do you think that the North American natives were "primitive" and "stone age peoples"?   Afterall, they left nothing behind them.   What about the biggest empire the world has seen, the Mongols, stretching from Eastern Europe to the Sea of Japan?  How much did they leave behind?   What about the Aztec and Incan Empires?   Not much left of their works, either...

It all depends on what you're looking for Gordy.  If you want Coliseums and Pyramids, you'll be disappointed but if you're willing to see fish traps and stone art, well, there is plenty of that.

Impressive list there,  Brian.

All humans worked out how to catch or trap fish. That's a given. Fish traps are the kinds of things you check out for 30 seconds and say yeah cool on your way to the wonderment of places like Angkor Watt.

All the examples you gave had complex governments, dabbled with alloys and most built impressive structures.

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
and the monkeys all say BOO!
IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #199 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 9:41am

GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:08pm:
I also have another way of looking at it.  What if somehow Australia had been left alone, totally isolated.
Likely they'd still be using stones and sticks while the rest of the world existed then ceased to exist, so default their way was best.  It still doesn't elevate their lack of progress to something it is not  Smiley

Every society reaches an equilibrium with it's environment and it's needs, Gordy.   China plateaued at around 1650.  Australia, about 20,000 years ago.  Europe?  Well, if the Church had had it's way, it would have stopped developing about 1200 CE...    Roll Eyes

How can you show your face in here after that, you hypocrite. All the evidence of Islam snuffing out science and intellectualism continuing to this very day and your only argument is ISLAMOPHOBIA! 

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #200 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:55pm

GordyL wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 9:25am:
Impressive list there,  Brian.

You asked for those things, I delivered.  You were disappointed.  What a shame you refused to open your mind, Gordy, you decided they weren't even worth looking at.

Quote:
All humans worked out how to catch or trap fish. That's a given. Fish traps are the kinds of things you check out for 30 seconds and say yeah cool on your way to the wonderment of places like Angkor Watt.

What happened to Angkor Watt, Gordy?   It was neglected after the 16th century apparently, while the Jungle reclaimed it.

It is no doubt an impressive site.  However, it is of what was, just as the links I provided were, Gordy.

Quote:
All the examples you gave had complex governments, dabbled with alloys and most built impressive structures.

All the examples left what behind, exactly?   The Mongols, virtually nothing, except a few stone statues and a lot of legends.  The American Natives?   Apart from some pyramids, in central America (and they BTW were Maya mainly, rather than Aztec), not much.  The Incans disappeared under the weight of Spanish rule.   The Northern native tribes still live but are shadows of their former selves.   It is all fleeting, Gordy, all fleeting.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #201 - Jul 2nd, 2016 at 1:55pm

GordyL wrote on Jul 2nd, 2016 at 9:41am:
GordyL wrote on Jul 1st, 2016 at 11:08pm:
I also have another way of looking at it.  What if somehow Australia had been left alone, totally isolated.
Likely they'd still be using stones and sticks while the rest of the world existed then ceased to exist, so default their way was best.  It still doesn't elevate their lack of progress to something it is not  Smiley

Every society reaches an equilibrium with it's environment and it's needs, Gordy.   China plateaued at around 1650.  Australia, about 20,000 years ago.  Europe?  Well, if the Church had had it's way, it would have stopped developing about 1200 CE...    Roll Eyes

How can you show your face in here after that, you hypocrite. All the evidence of Islam snuffing out science and intellectualism continuing to this very day and your only argument is ISLAMOPHOBIA! 

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #202 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 8:43pm

It's not all that cold anymore.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #203 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 8:54pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 3rd, 2016 at 8:43pm:

Smiley Thanks Rocky. Are you responsible? Maybe the election opened a gateway to hell.

IP Logged

GordyL
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Hate Town
Reply #204 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 8:56pm

Tshirt weather in Sydney,  had a lovely swim

On the Ning Nang Nong
Where the Cows go Bong!
IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #205 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 10:04pm

Setanta wrote on Jul 3rd, 2016 at 8:54pm:

Smiley Thanks Rocky. Are you responsible? Maybe the election opened a gateway to hell.

As long as the Liberals win tomorrow, all is well.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #206 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 10:40pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jul 3rd, 2016 at 10:04pm:
Setanta wrote on Jul 3rd, 2016 at 8:54pm:

As long as the Liberals win tomorrow, all is well.

The gateway to hell is open, you may get your wish. Wink

IP Logged

Black Orchid
Gold Member

Reply #207 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 11:25pm

GordyL wrote on Jul 3rd, 2016 at 8:56pm:

It was like a beautiful spring day today and I only just just sleeves on now.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #208 - Jul 3rd, 2016 at 11:56pm

Black Orchid wrote on Jul 3rd, 2016 at 11:25pm:
GordyL wrote on Jul 3rd, 2016 at 8:56pm:

It was like a beautiful spring day today and I only just just sleeves on now.

Spring? But, but winter only just started. Global warming? Climate shift? Lips Sealed

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #209 - Jul 4th, 2016 at 6:43am

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/southeast-qlds-frosty-sunday/524553

Southeast QLD's frosty Sunday
Tristan Meyers, Sunday July 3, 2016 - 15:25 EST

It was chilly throughout southeast Queensland this morning, with areas of frost.

The mercury dropped to near freezing this morning at Amberley and three degrees at Archerfield, making it the coldest it's been since last winter. Further west and on the ranges, Texas dropped to -1 degree and Dalby fell to -2.5 degrees, the frostiest morning since at August last year.

A large high pressure ridge has been bringing light winds to southeast QLD. Last night, the dry and cold air cooled to these icy levels, bringing frost to the highlands and parts of western Brisbane.

Generally, western parts of Brisbane see about two frost days every July, whilst the Darling Downs and Granite Belt area can see as much as 15 frost days in July. Nevertheless, these temperatures are about four-to-seven degrees below the July average.

Tomorrow, a trough will deepen as it draws in moisture in the southeast This will help prevent temperatures from dropping sub-zero in these areas for the next week.

- Weatherzone

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 19
Send Topic Print