Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 ! (Read 7987 times)
perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Re: The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 !
Reply #60 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:53pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:41pm:
adelcrow wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:34pm:
Canada also produces a crap load of crude and exports a lot of it...Australia imports most of its crude  Smiley

No we EXPORT most of our crude oil...

As at 2006, Australia produced 429,250 barrels of crude oil per day....

I think Australia now does quite a bit of importing and not to much exporting, since our Production of black gold Peaked around 2000.

You may like to have a look thru the information available here -
http://anz.theoildrum.com/node/3657

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #61 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 6:27am

perceptions_now wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 10:53pm:
Canada also produces a crap load of crude and exports a lot of it...Australia imports most of its crude  Smiley

I think Australia now does quite a bit of importing and not to much exporting, since our Production of black gold Peaked around 2000.

No, Australia still produces about 80% to 85% of our crude oil requirements....
« Last Edit: Oct 18th, 2010 at 6:39am by gizmo_2655 »  

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #62 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:29am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 6:27am:

Where did you get your information from Gizmo? It's not common knowledge.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #63 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:35am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:29am:

http://worldofenergy.com.au/factsheet_oilrefining/07_fact_oilRefining_australia.html

But yes, the amount IS dropping...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #64 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:37am

ACtually it IS fairly common knowledge. we export our oil which is mainly not suitable for refining to petrol and import the oil we need.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #65 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:44am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:37am:

ACtually it IS fairly common knowledge. we export our oil which is mainly not suitable for refining to petrol and import the oil we need.

I think it's not so much that our crude isn't suitable for petrol....it's more that it's useless for engine oil, bitumen etc...
Our crude oil is very light.......it's almost 'diesel' when it comes out of the ground in some places...
In fact I've heard from a number of people that can actually run a diesel engine using the crude straight out of the wells in QLD ( it clogs the filters pretty quickly though, and you'd need new filters after a couple of thousand kilometres)

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #66 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:53am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 7:35am:

http://worldofenergy.com.au/factsheet_oilrefining/07_fact_oilRefining_australia.html

But yes, the amount IS dropping...

gizmo,
I think you may fund there is a difference between Crude Oil Production (extraction) and the refining of that production into Petrol and other products.

The following is from your site -
The facts about Oil refining
Australia’s main oil refineries:
Australia produces 80 to 85 per cent of its crude oil requirements. There are seven major oil refineries operating in Australia, which refine crude oil into a wide range of petroleum products for use within the country and for export. Australia’s major oil refineries are:

Whilst the 80-85% figure you used is correct, it pplies to the % of Crude we refine, compared to what we consume.

We actually producejust over 400,000 bpd in OZ, but our Consumption is over 900,000 bpd.

What do you think the situation would look like, if we go with both major party's & our Population doubles over the next 40 years or so???

Link -

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:01am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 8:44am:
Canada also produces a crap load of crude and exports a lot of it...Australia imports most of its crude  Smiley

I think it's not so much that our crude isn't suitable for petrol....it's more that it's useless for engine oil, bitumen etc...
Our crude oil is very light.......it's almost 'diesel' when it comes out of the ground in some places...
In fact I've heard from a number of people that can actually run a diesel engine using the crude straight out of the wells in QLD ( it clogs the filters pretty quickly though, and you'd need new filters after a couple of thousand kilometres)

And you reckon that's great technology Sad

When are you lot going to move out of your cave.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:51am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:01am:

talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:05am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:51am:
talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

When it crashes otherwise I'm doing quite well from interest payments thank you very much Wink LOL

What do they say about good investing. Buy low sell high !!

badweekend wants everyone to do the complete opposite and buy high and get screwed on the way down Wink LOL

Good on you badweekend. I see you're still talking lots of shite from out of the side of your face Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #70 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:13am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:05am:
talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

When it crashes otherwise I'm doing quite well from interest payments thank you very much Wink LOL

badweekend wants everyone to do the complete opposite and buy high and get screwed on the way down Wink LOL

Good on you badweekend. I see you're still talking lots of shite from out of the side of your face Wink

so in short you are still renting... and in the meantime prices continue to rise and since you have been posting on here the price of the average house has risen about $80,000. Im sure your 'investments' help you sleep at night in your rented house.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:28am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:13am:

so in short you are still renting... and in the meantime prices continue to rise and since you have been posting on here the price of the average house has risen about $80,000. Im sure your 'investments' help you sleep at night in your rented house.

I'm doing alright on my gold investments. You should have got some when it was cheap Wink LOL

In short I don't own anyone any money and I can sleep well at night Wink  And interest rates are set to increase very very quickly and that's good news for me Wink In actual fact all of those heroes who paid to much for their over priced property are paying my interest into my bank account from paying off their over priced home loans Wink LOL

And I bet you a lot of them can't even afford the interest repayments let alone the principle !! But why should I care anyway. If they are stupid enough to listen to people like you and your 2 bit financial advice then they deserve to get ripped off Wink LOL

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:33am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:28am:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:13am:
talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

I'm doing alright on my gold investments. You should have got some when it was cheap Wink LOL

In short I don't own anyone any money and I can sleep well at night Wink  And interest rates are set to increase very very quickly and that's good news for me Wink In actual fact all of those heroes who paid to much for their over priced property are paying my interest into my bank account from paying off their over priced home loans Wink LOL

And I bet you a lot of them can't even afford the interest repayments let alone the principle !! But why should I care anyway. If they are stupid enough to listen to people like you and your 2 bit financial advice then they deserve to get ripped off Wink LOL

Thats interesting because in 7 years I made a 458.33% capital gain on the sale of my first house.

Somehow I dont think you have made that in the last 7 years with your interest earnings.

The even funnier thing is you are only returning 2.5% on your interest, because inflation is 3%.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #73 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:35am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:01am:

No nails, not a comment on technology....just on QUALITY...

Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:40am

Verge wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:33am:
Thats interesting because in 7 years I made a 458.33% capital gain on the sale of my first house.

Somehow I dont think you have made that in the last 7 years with your interest earnings.

The even funnier thing is you are only returning 2.5% on your interest, because inflation is 3%.

Do I give a shite !! My old man bought his home for 5000 pounds in the 50's and now it is worth 2 million or roughly 20,000% increase !! A house is only worth what the bigger fool is willing to pay for it and there are no shortage of fools in this country.

More than likely if he sold it then some idiot would have to borrow most of it from the bank just to pay for it and send the country into yet more debt !!

Who is actually really gaining from a net 800 billion national debt and how does it get paid off from a property speculation bubble ??

It seems that the road to wealth in this country is all about sending the country into more and more debt by fueling bubbles and letting someone else worry about paying it back which is NEVER !!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print