Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print
The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 ! (Read 7982 times)
skippy.
Gold Member

Re: The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 !
Reply #30 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:31pm

OH, just been to Brisbane today, petrol was 126.9 a litre there, got home,( to far north NSW) and its 134.9.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:44pm

Why do you have such a difficult time understanding the principles of energy consumption and production.

And look who is the one who is whinging about a good idea of using an
electric car to stop getting fleeced at the fool bowser.

principles of enery production... yes you could say I have a problem with that.. cant all be as obsessive with this as you are..

however yoiu admit they have to produce the electricity you will plug your car into..and now it will all come from the sun which will be free is that right?.they will charge for connection... connection to what the sun???..oh I would have thought that would be a solar business nothing to do with power stations or the like..ok so we can all look forward to running a car and a home for nothing is that what you are saying???.. because thats the way it reads...

and since when have I whinged about the price of petrol.. not since it reached nearly $1.70 your the only whinger that I can see regarding petrol prices, go back to your op..get your little mini electric scooter.. lol.. see how far it takes you and at what speed before the battery runs down on aussie roads...lol..watch out for speeding bicycles thats all I can say..solar power free well well well.

IP Logged

Team Froggie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #32 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 6:00pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:23pm:
usual toe-nail rant... nothing new. he just wants what he cant have - EVs. pretty hard to buy a product that pretty much doesnt exist. the MiEV comes on in 2011 - maybe. the Nissan Leaf comes out in 2012. the Tesla is a great car - and very expensive.

so it is a bit like complaining about the cost of fuel in jetpacks. neitehr actually exist in the marketplace.

oh and toe-nail. I actually intend to get a Tesla perhaps in 2012/13. what ev are YOU buying or will you be still complaining even then about EVs and house prices and owning neither?

longy...
Instead of having a little hissy-fit why don't you, in your wisdom, go have a look at cods' 10.53am post and explain to her the economics of buying crude with a $A that is at, or close to, parity with the $US???

Smiley

"What's in store for me in the direction I don't take?"-Jack Kerouac.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:35pm

codswal wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:44pm:
Why do you have such a difficult time understanding the principles of energy consumption and production.

principles of enery production... yes you could say I have a problem with that.. cant all be as obsessive with this as you are..

however yoiu admit they have to produce the electricity you will plug your car into..and now it will all come from the sun which will be free is that right?.they will charge for connection... connection to what the sun???..oh I would have thought that would be a solar business nothing to do with power stations or the like..ok so we can all look forward to running a car and a home for nothing is that what you are saying???.. because thats the way it reads...

and since when have I whinged about the price of petrol.. not since it reached nearly $1.70 your the only whinger that I can see regarding petrol prices, go back to your op..get your little mini electric scooter.. lol.. see how far it takes you and at what speed before the battery runs down on aussie roads...lol..watch out for speeding bicycles thats all I can say..solar power free well well well.

OK idiot I can't explain it any better than this dude can Wink

http://www.evnut.com/solar.htm

Even better, skip the grid feed and charge the EV directly from your solar cells. Can't do that with your $1.31 per liter fossil fool car  Wink

« Last Edit: Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:41pm by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:38pm

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 2:04pm:
Bobby. wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 12:28pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:
I actually intend to get a Tesla perhaps in 2012/13

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:
Mitty is a meek, mild man with a vivid fantasy life: in a few dozen paragraphs he imagines himself a wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer. The character's name has come into more general use to refer to an ineffectual dreamer, appearing in several dictionaries.[2] The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs
Although the story has humorous elements, there is a darker and more significant message underlying the text, leading to a more tragic interpretation of the Mitty character. Even in his heroic daydreams, Mitty does not triumph, several fantasies being interrupted before the final one sees Mitty dying bravely in front of a firing squad. In the brief snatches of reality that punctuate Mitty's fantasies we meet well-meaning but insensitive strangers who inadvertently rob Mitty of some of his remaining dignity.

and the two gay lovers return to bag anyone whose opinion doesnt match their own. and in case you havent worked out dipsticks, the Tesla is not a LOT cheaper than it was a year ago - actually affordable.

Somehow the Tesla is expensive but a $200,000 Porsche or Mercedes is never never expensive !!

What a deadshit you are.

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:45am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:35pm:
codswal wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:44pm:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
OK idiot I can't explain it any better than this dude can Wink

http://www.evnut.com/solar.htm

Even better, skip the grid feed and charge the EV directly from your solar cells. Can't do that with your $1.31 per liter fossil fool car  Wink

heres my last word on this too you..I dont want or need to understand all this ha.,ha. toys for the boys talk..I AM TALKING ABOUT THE FUTURE. once you guys all have you little mickey mouse cars..and you think the CEOs.. of the big power stations..Caltex.Energy Aust.. are all going to take their pay checks and leave you to a free ride..well all  I am saying is,it wont happen thats all..you will PAY.

I know what they are doing right now... its called SUCKING YOU IN..give a discount free hooking up to the grid.. its all there..

look at the NBN in Tasmania... it isnt going to Plan... hardly anyone has elected to hook up to it... watch the next step the govt...US.. you and I on the mainland will be giving them FREE hook up.. my god if not,the biggest white elephant will be in the loungeroom..

maybe people are waking up to the fact that all this free cheaper its whats best for everyone ... just maybe the price is too high, and NO I DONT MEAN TODAY I MEAN IN THE FUTURE. even without my chrystal ball I cant see you driving your little electric car for nothing..you may even live to regret the demise of fossil fuel...lol

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:47am

hey rusty never seen you condemn Top Gear..or lobby the govt to stop it..and all that maniac car racing round and round in a circle..my TV is just about swamped with petrol fumes can you do something about it please..or have you already put in your complaints.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #37 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:33pm

skippy. wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:31pm:
OH, just been to Brisbane today, petrol was 126.9 a litre there, got home,( to far north NSW) and its 134.9.

Regular or the 'Ultimate' stuff skip??

Although QLD is (or used to be) cheaper than NSW...Something to do with taxes, I think...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #38 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:34pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:
Mitty is a meek, mild man with a vivid fantasy life: in a few dozen paragraphs he imagines himself a wartime pilot, an emergency-room surgeon, and a devil-may-care killer. The character's name has come into more general use to refer to an ineffectual dreamer, appearing in several dictionaries.[2] The American Heritage Dictionary defines a Walter Mitty as "an ordinary, often ineffectual person who indulges in fantastic daydreams of personal triumphs
Although the story has humorous elements, there is a darker and more significant message underlying the text, leading to a more tragic interpretation of the Mitty character. Even in his heroic daydreams, Mitty does not triumph, several fantasies being interrupted before the final one sees Mitty dying bravely in front of a firing squad. In the brief snatches of reality that punctuate Mitty's fantasies we meet well-meaning but insensitive strangers who inadvertently rob Mitty of some of his remaining dignity.

and the two gay lovers return to bag anyone whose opinion doesnt match their own. and in case you havent worked out dipsticks, the Tesla is not a LOT cheaper than it was a year ago - actually affordable.

Somehow the Tesla is expensive but a $200,000 Porsche or Mercedes is never never expensive !!

What a deadshit you are.

I thought YOU'D be happy that someone is buying an EV nails??

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #39 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 2:49pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:33pm:
skippy. wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 4:31pm:

Regular or the 'Ultimate' stuff skip??

Although QLD is (or used to be) cheaper than NSW...Something to do with taxes, I think...

I bought premium, and yea, Qld is cheaper than NSW less tax on fuel, but, we get our fuel from Qld here and it used to be the same price here as on the gold coast but in the last year or so its more expensive here than it is in Sydney, go figure.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 2:55pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 1:34pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 16th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Longweekend.
Quote:

Nice try - Walter Mitty.

Wikipedia:
Quote:

What a deadshit you are.

I thought YOU'D be happy that someone is buying an EV nails??

he is NEVER happy - its part of his 'charm'.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #41 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 4:28pm

The rising Australian dollar has helped keep your petrol price down.

The price per barrel of the standard petrol in South East Asia - which is where Australian pump prices are based - has increase by over 7% in the last 3 months.

This has been offset in Australia by the rising AUD, otherwise you'd be paying back upwards of about $1.45 per litre.

The GFC kept the price increases in check and you're still paying less than you were before that global slowdown.

Like I have said to you all on numerous occasions, you pay far too much in tax for petrol.
In the United States we pay around 16c per litre in tax. In Australia you pay over 4 times that.

If the Australian Government adopts the USA tax system on petrol you would pay 80c per litre TOMORROW.

It's your tax that makes petrol so much higher than in the USA, not the cost per barrel.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #42 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 4:40pm

Pay less tax, be as wasteful as the Americans are with petrol and have a trillion dollar national debt?
Na..I dont mind paying taxes  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #43 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 4:45pm

As is your right to be happy about it.

I am happy that I only pay 80 odd cents per litre and pay way less tax.

If you're happy with how much tax you pay, I don't want to see Aussies on here complaining about 'how much we pay in petrol' like on here.

You pay a lot because you're taxed a lot, that's a fact.

Add in the fact you want to put an absurd carbon tax onto your everyday good and you'll pay a shiteload more again.

You really are nuts.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #44 - Oct 17th, 2010 at 5:05pm

The domestic Singapore price is around S$1.90 so us Aussies shouldn't complain to much.
The only first world country with third world petrol prices is the USA and its no coincidence that they are the most wasteful society on the planet  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7
Send Topic Print