Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 ! (Read 7908 times)
qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Re: The dollar hitting parity but petrol up at 131.9 !
Reply #90 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:50pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:47pm:
qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:35pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 11:05am:
longweekend58 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:51am:
talking of caves....  when are you moving out of yours and buying a house? or are you STILL waiting for the 40% drop in prices you so confidently predicted over the past few years?

When it crashes otherwise I'm doing quite well from interest payments thank you very much Wink LOL

What do they say about good investing. Buy low sell high !!

badweekend wants everyone to do the complete opposite and buy high and get screwed on the way down Wink LOL

Good on you badweekend. I see you're still talking lots of shite from out of the side of your face Wink

Doing quite well?  What are you getting, 6 to 6.5% maybe 7, take away fees and taxes and you have fa left.

Oh really Wink LOL

Put it this way after 10 years of contributing to a super fund I was left with less money than I put into to the ratshite thing. Had I left the money in an ING bank savings account I would have had something to show for it Sad

But that's what the overpaid wordsmiths with suits and ties make us do and then charge us fees for the privilege Sad

Yes really.  It's an inescapable truth.  The problem with your ING account, at 3% inflation which is the long term average in Australia, over 10 years your money would be worth +/- 30% less than it was at time of deposit.

Would I be correct in suggesting you were in an Industry Super fund with a Balanced Asset Allocation?

Politicians and Nappies need to be changed often and for the same reason.

One trouble with political jokes is that they often get elected.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #91 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:49pm:
qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:46pm:
I know a bloke who was able to prove that he only ever obtained fuel from BP and the fuel was contaminated, BP settled the bill which was many multiples of your mates, and settled more.  

Fuel companies are not unbeatable, when they are wrong they're wrong and it isn't that hard to get them to cough up.

That's the exception to rule. Start looking for a good lawyer and make sure you have deep pockets Sad

Not really, but it's pointless debating that with you.

Politicians and Nappies need to be changed often and for the same reason.

One trouble with political jokes is that they often get elected.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #92 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:43pm:
qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:29pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:53pm:
qikvtec wrote on Oct 17th, 2010 at 9:33pm:
Pretty hard to do that with proof of A: Contamination and B: Purchase.

They will of course always offer to foot the bill without prejudice.

Many cases on Today Tonight of contamination and they weasel their way out of it so don't be so naive.  

Argh Today Tonight, the last bastion of the neo intelligent.

Don't give up, it's not that hard to prove.

So it never ever happens eh ?? What happened to the weights and measures dudes ??

I know someone it happened to and they didn't have a leg to stand on. Left with a $5000 bill for a replacement engine Sad

The weights and measures dudes stopped working in 1998, when petrol and diesel pricing was deregulated.....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #93 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:00pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm:

Many cases on Today Tonight of contamination and they weasel their way out of it so don't be so naive. 

So it never ever happens eh ?? What happened to the weights and measures dudes ??

I know someone it happened to and they didn't have a leg to stand on. Left with a $5000 bill for a replacement engine Sad

The weights and measures dudes stopped working in 1998, when petrol and diesel pricing was deregulated.....

So what  !! There are no checks and balances and we could all be screwed on incorrect meter readings and wouldn't know it !!

Another tick for electric vehicles Wink

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:07pm

qikvtec wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:50pm:
Yes really.  It's an inescapable truth.  The problem with your ING account, at 3% inflation which is the long term average in Australia, over 10 years your money would be worth +/- 30% less than it was at time of deposit.

Would I be correct in suggesting you were in an Industry Super fund with a Balanced Asset Allocation?

True but the point is I was screwed by so called financial experts and I know of many horror stories much much worse than mine Sad There is no risk management with those super funds. They leave your money completely exposed to adverse market conditions and by the time you pull it out which takes at least a week you have already done your doe Sad Complete garbage and scam setup, endorsed by the Government and ATO Sad

I would have made more money had I left it in the bank without even trying, that's how bad the "suuuuper of the fuuuuuture" is Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #95 - Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:50am

Sir lastnail wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 10:00pm:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Oct 18th, 2010 at 9:52pm:

So what  !! There are no checks and balances and we could all be screwed on incorrect meter readings and wouldn't know it !!

Another tick for electric vehicles Wink

and you think your electricty meter is infallible??? I had my house rewired and a new 3phase electronic meter put in. even after ADDING  a spa (a heavy electricty user) my electricty bill HALVED.  so much for the old meter's accuracy.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Oct 20th, 2010 at 10:13am

longweekend58 wrote on Oct 19th, 2010 at 7:50am:
and you think your electricty meter is infallible??? I had my house rewired and a new 3phase electronic meter put in. even after ADDING  a spa (a heavy electricty user) my electricty bill HALVED.  so much for the old meter's accuracy.

I never said that you nitwit !

Even if the meter is dud if you feed power back into the grid you are going to get the same dud reading both ways so it cancels each other out.

And what are you going to do in your spa ?? Have a good flog Wink LOL

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #97 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:32pm

BOYCOTT OIL!

"WE ALL HAVE THE POWER TO DEMAND AN END TO THE THREAT OF _____________________ !!! " (FILL IN THE BLANKS!)

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print