Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Bridget McKenzie Facing Calls To Resign (Read 12480 times)
philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Re: Bridget McKenzie Facing Calls To Resign
Reply #180 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 7:24am

Johnnie wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:27pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:20pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 9:05pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 8:51pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:34pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:19pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 7:06pm:
philperth2010 wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 6:58pm:
Johnnie wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 6:47pm:
Bam wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 5:57pm:
Belgarion wrote on Jan 29th, 2020 at 4:46pm:
I would be more sympathetic to calls for her to resign if it were not for the fact that every party in government is guilty of the same thing. The nauseating hypocrisy is worse than the pork barrelling.

The tu quoque fallacy.

It's a bit rich to be pointing the fingers at past governments when they've already been voted out. The current government are the only ones that have not been voted out for their misconduct. Why not scrutinise them?

Therein lies the problem, like a one eyed football supporter you accept no wrong.

Its too bad there are only two teams in contention.

I am pretty sure if Labor did this you would be up in arms and rightly so....But when it comes to the Coalition being found to be corrupt like a one eyed football supporter you accept no wrong....Why not condemn all corruption no matter who is in Government....Using the excuse "the other side does it" is pathetic and a straw man argument???

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I condemned her very early on in this thread, I want her gone, you seem to be the one with just one eye and blinkers on.

Yet you make excuses for McKenzie....Pretty piss weak I would say!!!

Are you pizzed Phil, I made no excuses for the wench, she does turn me on a bit when she loads on the lippy and walks around with a shotgun over her shoulder, she is also very rich and powerful, hubba hubba, she might be sleeping in dumpsters soon though.

Fair enough, I have seen you have called for McKenzie's to be sacked....Ros Kelly resigned and set the standard Morrison has ignored....Morrison is involved in covering up his own involvement and cannot sack McKenzie without the risk of exposing his own corruption....We need a Federal ICAC 10 years ago!!!

Angry Angry Angry

Standards my bum!, its been going on forever, there you go with your one eyed stuff again.

I tried to offer an olive branch and you couldn't handle the Liberals being exposed as corrupt ass holes....The only reason you condemn McKenzie is because she is a National....Morrison is the real culprit and he should be the one who resigns....Ros Kelly affair was no where near as corrupt and ill conceived as the LNP repeating the same stunt they once condemned!!!

There was no olive branch, there was just a blinkers on one eyed view in disguise.

Morrison is up to his corrupt neck in this disaster of his own making....You cannot accept the Liberal party have done anything wrong can you....Another piss weak sycophant who would excuse any bullshit the Liberal party foists upon the public....It was wrong when Kelly did it and it is wrong now....How do you explain the criticism levelled at Kelly by the then opposition who then turned around and did the same bullshit on steroids???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #181 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 7:49am

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #182 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 8:28am

I would be more sympathetic to calls for her to resign if it were not for the fact that every party in government is guilty of the same thing. The nauseating hypocrisy is worse than the pork barrelling.

The tu quoque fallacy.

It's a bit rich to be pointing the fingers at past governments when they've already been voted out. The current government are the only ones that have not been voted out for their misconduct. Why not scrutinise them?

Where have I indicated that her behaviour is acceptable? I have said that  find the hypocrisy of the other mob nauseating. That does not indicate approval of McKenzies actions.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #183 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 9:07am

A joint ALP /LNP committee voted Ros Kelly to be deficient.
"On 28 February, Ros Kelly resigned as minister, although Keating continued to support her, speaking out on 3 March 1994 accusing the Senate of holding the Government to ransom."

It's a bit murky, bur Labor had a bit better ethics then than LNP now.
And LNP then was red-hot against the rort and the example of rort-resignation was set as a precedent.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #184 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 9:49am

chimera wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 9:07am:
A joint ALP /LNP committee voted Ros Kelly to be deficient.
"On 28 February, Ros Kelly resigned as minister, although Keating continued to support her, speaking out on 3 March 1994 accusing the Senate of holding the Government to ransom."

It's a bit murky, bur Labor had a bit better ethics then than LNP now.
And LNP then was red-hot against the rort and the example of rort-resignation was set as a precedent.

Keating asked for and received resignations. Howard was not afraid to do the same in his government's first term.

Parliamentary standards have declined markedly after the first term of the Howard government. Since 1998, it's been a long downhill slide.

It's been particularly bad since 2013. Now all that happens with the current Abbott-Turnbull-Morrison government is the Minister is demoted to the backbench sin bin for a year or two before returning to the Ministry. Some don't even get that "punishment" like Angus Taylor.

It's becoming clear that the electorate missed their chance to vote out a corrupt government in 2019. They will not miss next time.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #185 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 9:52am

Belgarion wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 8:28am:

The tu quoque fallacy.

Where have I indicated that her behaviour is acceptable? I have said that  find the hypocrisy of the other mob nauseating. That does not indicate approval of McKenzies actions.

Where have you indicated that her behaviour is not acceptable? You haven't.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #186 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 10:13am

If cricket ball tampering gets sin-bin than back to tests then Westminster system is gone.

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #187 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 11:11am

Belgarion wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 8:28am:

The tu quoque fallacy.

Kelly resigned as she should have....Labor were wrong to target marginal seats and were roundly condemned....Then the LNP did almost the same thing (after condemning Kelly) including ignoring independent advice they ignored....Where is the hypocrisy and where is McKenzie's resignation???

Huh Huh Huh

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #188 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 12:45pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 11:11am:
Where is the hypocrisy and where is McKenzie's resignation???

The hypocrisy is there but Kelly held her position for three months. And you want McKenzie done in one? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #189 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 12:54pm

lee wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 12:45pm:

The hypocrisy is there but Kelly held her position for three months. And you want McKenzie done in one? Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

The problem is that the longer ithis goes on, the less likely Scotty from marketing will show any balls in the matter.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #190 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 1:53pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 12:54pm:
lee wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 12:45pm:

The problem is that the longer this goes on, the less likely Scotty from marketing will show any balls in the matter.

Scummo's office (The CrimeMinister) has also been implicated (unlike in the Kelly scandal) and Ros Kelly never pretended she was acting on independent advice....There were no losers because the ALP did not seek independent advice they could ignore....McKenzie should resign or be sacked and we need a Federal ICAC???

Angry Angry Angry

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #191 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 2:08pm

Scott should declare that as the duly elected CEO of Australia.  Pty ltd.
he can spend company revenue on whatever the hell he likes and the shareholders can have their say at the next election.

Bridget is merely looking after the expansion of the company she works for.

It would actually be an impeachable offense to NOT spend money where it will help the government be re elected and continue its noble work

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #192 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 2:15pm

aquascoot wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 2:08pm:
Scott should declare that as the duly elected CEO of Australia.  Pty ltd.
he can spend company revenue on whatever the hell he likes and the shareholders can have their say at the next election.

The shareholders don't vote for the CEO.

IP Logged

chimera
Gold Member

Australian Politics

armidale
Reply #193 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 2:17pm

It works for every elected egotist who needs to stay on to complete the lord's work. The pollie being the lord.

IP Logged

lee
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #194 - Jan 30th, 2020 at 2:34pm

philperth2010 wrote on Jan 30th, 2020 at 1:53pm:
There were no losers because the ALP did not seek independent advice they could ignore...

Only the electorates that didn't receive the largesse. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18
Send Topic Print