Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print
Bridget McKenzie Facing Calls To Resign (Read 12008 times)
whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Bridget McKenzie Facing Calls To Resign
Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:38pm

Zali Steggall wants national ICAC after sports rorts scandal

January 17, 2020
Brisbane Times

Independent MP Zali Steggall wants to push ahead with a national anti-corruption body after comparing the Morrison government's $100 million sports grants scandal to the Australian cricket team's ball-tampering disgrace.   Sad

The Warringah MP says the Coalition's politicisation of a $100 million community sports grant program is "disgusting" and joined Labor's call for former federal sports minister Bridget McKenzie to resign.

Agriculture Minister Bridge McKenzie is facing calls to resign over the way she handed out grant funding sports clubs in marginal seats.

An independent review found Senator McKenzie's office awarded most of the grants to seats being targeted by the coalition during the election last year.

A $500,000 grant was given to the Mosman Rowing Club in Ms Steggall's seat of Warringah, as the coalition tried to save former prime minister Tony Abbott from defeat.

"She's completely lost if she doesn't think she needs to acknowledge that there's something wrong with cheating kids and community sports clubs ... I just think it's disgusting," Ms Steggall told ABC radio on Friday.   Sad

Senator McKenzie is refusing to apologise, insisting no rules were broken.

Calls for senior federal minister to step down

There are calls for senior federal minister Bridget McKenzie to step down after being accused of running a $100 million slush fund targeting marginal seats.

Ms Steggall took aim at Scott Morrison and compared him to former Australian cricket captain Steve Smith, who served a one-year ban for failing to stop cheating within his team.

"We saw the outcry with the cricketers, and they took responsibility, they acknowledged where they had gone wrong and where their standards had slipped," Ms Steggall said.

"The standards of the members of your team, they're a direct reflection on the standards of you as a captain. It's just quite concerning that is what they think is acceptable conduct.

"We really need a national integrity commission, there needs to be some accountability. How low are you prepared to let the standard drop."

Senator McKenzie found support from frontbench colleague Peter Dutton who said she shouldn't have to resign.   Sad

"None of those clubs that received that money have been found ineligible," Mr Dutton told the Nine Network.

"I've been in the parliament a little while, I can remember the years in opposition where the Labor minister, the Labor candidate, the Labor senator, would come out and make announcements for funding in your local community.

"This isn't anything new in that sense. Now we'll have a look at the auditor-general's report, obviously, but none of those clubs, very deserving sporting clubs, have been found ineligible.

"The money has gone out – not against recommendations, not to clubs that weren't deserving of it – but to clubs that are trying to get small kids in."

Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese said Senator McKenzie's position as minister is "untenable".

"She made political decisions based upon the marginality of electorates," he told reporters in Melbourne.

IP Logged

whiteknight
Gold Member

Australian Politics

melbourne
Re: Bridget McKenzie Facing Calls To Resign
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:42pm

Bridget McKenzie come forward and resign.   Sad   

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:44pm

This is exactly how the libbos run businesses. Monopolies or scams otherwise they can never be successful or make a profit Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 4:38pm

What a team BlackDay and the loony Greeny.

Zali Steggles Chicken has the credibility of a cadaver.

They are all SO excited about GetUp!'s new FAKE NEWS.

But it will all soon be forgotten just like all the other silly GetUp! clumsy amateurish FAKE NEWS.

IP Logged

Vic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne Victoria
Reply #4 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 4:49pm

Can you hear "Beetroot Barnaby's" lips smacking together trying to stir this to impossible heights?    If the Bridget gets the boot, who will be at the front of the line panting to take her place - you guessed it - Our Barns!      Slowly and quietly, he will then turn the knife on McCormack until he is back in the big chair again.  He must be creaming his jeans over this.

Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies
Football, Meat Pies, Kangaroos and Liberal Lies

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 4:53pm

the corrupt McKenzie has to go

it's pathetic that they keep getting away with this.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

juliar
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 5:16pm

Well deeply corrupt Juliar Gillard and Shifty Shorten continued on regardless and what about Juliar Gillard's  Thommo and Mr Slipper ?

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 5:29pm

juliar wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 5:16pm:
Well deeply corrupt Juliar Gillard and Shifty Shorten continued on regardless and what about Juliar Gillard's  Thommo and Mr Slipper ?

Gillard - Investigated, several times, and cleared each time

Shorten -investigated and found to be no case against him

Thommo-  investigated and once found wanting was immediately kicked out of the party

Slipper - a typical corrupt liberal wanker who was nominated for party pre selection 12 times (?) by the libs despite them knowing about his illegalities

McKenzie-  investigated, been found wanting, but is still being protected by the libs instead of being shown the door. If the libs history is a guide, she'll continue to be nominated for 12 more elections

see the differences yet? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:32pm

Some people need to take sides to exist

Keep it Simple Stupids

Black vs white

Ford vs Holden

Rabbitohs vs whoever

Libs vs Labs

their lives must be bliss

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:21pm

PZ547 wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 6:32pm:
Some people need to take sides to exist

Keep it Simple Stupids

Black vs white

Ford vs Holden

Rabbitohs vs whoever

Libs vs Labs

their lives must be bliss

you missed one

guilty v's innocent Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:30pm

whiteknight wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 2:38pm:
Zali Steggall wants national ICAC after sports rorts scandal

January 17, 2020
Brisbane Times

Opposition Leader Anthony Albanese said Senator McKenzie's position as minister is "untenable".

"She made political decisions based upon the marginality of electorates," he told reporters in Melbourne.

Albo is a hypocrite is his seat a marginal electorate?

Quote:
Media Release – Half a million more to save Dawn Fraser Pool – Thursday, 28 February 2019

The restoration of the historic Dawn Fraser Baths has received a further boost with a $500,000 grant from Sport Australia.

Sport Australia is managed by The Minister for Sport, Bridget McKenzie, whom I thank for campaigning for further investment in this precious asset.
https://anthonyalbanese.com.au/media-release-half-a-million-more-to-save-dawn-fr...

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 8:49pm

you still don't understand what they did wrong do you baron? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 9:35pm

I actually sat near Bridget at a Surf Comp.
I tried to hit upon her assistant.  Cheesy

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Bam
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 9:42pm

Is anyone surprised that none of the pro-Coalition posters have condemned McKenzie's misconduct?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are only entitled to hold opinions that you can defend through sound, reasoned argument.

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 17th, 2020 at 9:44pm

Bam wrote on Jan 17th, 2020 at 9:42pm:
Is anyone surprised that none of the pro-Coalition posters have condemned McKenzie's misconduct?

nope  Roll Eyes

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 18
Send Topic Print