Send Topic Print
RIP Ayres Rock (Read 30511 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: RIP Ayres Rock
Reply #315 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:11pm

You should google google "human brain pattern matching". It is our strength and our weakness. You can see what it has done to you, you can see what it does to Light, you can see it's effect in every broken human. It's the seed of mental illness and what makes us great.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #316 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:14pm

After Hanging Rock.
Everything in my life fell apart, was destroyed
and only bad things happened ...for years.
She even gave me a love bite on the neck.
It became a benign Cancer and in 2014 it was finally removed after becoming a big lump.

Wether it had anything to do with the 'movie' I dunno.
But I reckon there is something about the place, even before that was made, etc.

The place is cursed.
It was her choice to meet there (she's a Victorian).
I never felt comfortable right from the go to meet there.
After she left, I climbed to the top - but everything seemed in shadow as if I had passed into another world.
When I left... all became doomed.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #317 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:17pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:14pm:
After Hanging Rock.
Everything in my life fell apart, was destroyed
and only bad things happened ...for years.
She even gave me a love bite on the neck.
It became a benign Cancer and in 2014 it was finally removed after becoming a big lump.

Wether it had anything to do with the 'movie' I dunno.
But I reckon there is something about the place, even before that was made, etc.

The place is cursed.
It was her choice to meet there (she's a Victorian).
I never felt comfortable right from the go to meet there.
After she left, I climbed to the top - but everything seemed in shadow as if I had passed into another world.
When I left... all became doomed.

No place is cursed. It's just a place. You are pattern matching, extrapolating.

Perhaps a witch doctor can help you...  Undecided

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #318 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:23pm

I understand what you are saying and I agree with such in many things of the world.

But no. I'm not alone in this.
Later I found that 'others' (both sexes) have experienced similar. Many have come away from that place and into ill luck, so to speak - some minor, some worse than I experienced.
Not too dissimilar to people having heart attacks and falling off Uluru - to put into perspective.

...but with Hanging Rock, I just felt at the top of it, that my life had become forfeited. I took a photo for a couple up there and after returning the camera they asked "Are you ok?" Apparently I was sweating profusely, like a cold sweat.
Look into it. I'm not the only one who 'caught the curse' there.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #319 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:30pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:23pm:
I understand what you are saying and I agree with such in many things of the world.

Later I found that 'others' (both sexes) have experienced similar. Many have come away from that place and into ill luck, so to speak - some minor, some worse than I experienced.
Not too dissimilar to people having heart attacks and falling off Uluru - to put into perspective.

...but with Hanging Rock, I just felt at the top of it, that my life had become forfeited. I took a photo for a couple up there and after returning the camera they asked "Are you ok?" Apparently I was sweating profusely, like a cold sweat.

Because they are doing the same thing? Pattern matching anything that they saw as "bad" to the place? I bet every one of them was already primed by the story and therefore it became the focal point for their failures. No-one likes to admit their failure.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Think about it. Why would "one" placed be cursed? Ever been to Babinda? Perhaps it's cursed too? Perhaps people want to believe in shyte and pattern match when it goes along with what they want.

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #320 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:30pm

As you can see...

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #321 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:31pm

Jasin wrote on Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:30pm:
As you can see...

See what?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #322 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:34pm

Setanta wrote on Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:30pm:
Jasin wrote on Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:23pm:

Because they are doing the same thing? Pattern matching anything that they saw as "bad" to the place? I bet every one of them was already primed by the story and therefore it became the focal point for their failures. No-one likes to admit their failure.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Think about it. Why would "one" placed be cursed? Ever been to Babinda? Perhaps it's cursed too? Perhaps people eant to believe in shyte and pattern match when it goes along with what they want.

Then explain why I felt that something 'bad' really bad was going to happen at a school where a Teacher was murdered? Why did I tell someone there as if to warn them - a week before it happened?

When you walk into the Shadow World Set, you really can see the Dark Side. It's real and Hanging Rock brought me through into it.

Have i escaped it? Yes. But the Scar is still there to remind me.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #323 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:36pm

As I mentioned, Google Babinda, then Black Mountain (Kalkajaka). Australia is full of evil places, or it's not. If it is then I'd have to wonder why Europe is not full of evil places or anywhere else.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #324 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:46pm

freediver wrote on Oct 25th, 2019 at 9:25pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Oct 25th, 2019 at 8:38pm:
Can a stranger climb the steeple on the Sydney Cathedral, Gordon?

Can a stranger climb the arch on Sydney Harbour Bridge?

Can a stranger climb onto the roof of the MCG?

There are many places where strangers, unsupervised are not allowed to go.  One of them happens to be Uluru now.  Indigenous people are the traditional custodians of the Rock.  They decide who climbs and who doesn't.  Otherwise, why were they granted land rights?    Cool

Don't they do climbing tours of the harbour bridge?

I notice you didn't list any hills or mountains there Brian. Why is that?

You believe in religious rights don't you FD?

Uluru is a sacred site to many aboriginal people. It part of their religious belief. Shouldn't that right be respected?

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #325 - Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:53pm

Hands up who supports the government's upcoming religious discrimination bill.

What we have here is a group of Australians exercising their religious beliefs. If you don't like it too f.ucking bad. Contact your local member and demand they vote against the bill.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #326 - Oct 28th, 2019 at 1:35am

Raven wrote on Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:53pm:
Hands up who supports the government's upcoming religious discrimination bill.

What we have here is a group of Australians exercising their religious beliefs. If you don't like it too f.ucking bad. Contact your local member and demand they vote against the bill.

Define 'religious' ...... then advise on whether or not their are grades of religious belief.... are some better than others?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #327 - Oct 28th, 2019 at 1:39am

YES - if it is approved by law and legal.

The only difference between strangers and anyone else is in your mind.

But we already know that....

A stranger behaving by the rules is the same as anyone else....... HELLO, dumb-ass!!

How do YOU make the difference between 'strangers' and anyone else?   Cool 

(bait set - I'm waiting.. walk right in .. but I know you'll veer off - you must be a sheila in reality ...P.S. I used to monitor radio transmission for a living... you get to 'read' people a lot .. just one of my gigs ... watch for the other gigs).....

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #328 - Oct 28th, 2019 at 7:25am

Raven wrote on Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:46pm:

There are many places where strangers, unsupervised are not allowed to go.  One of them happens to be Uluru now.  Indigenous people are the traditional custodians of the Rock.  They decide who climbs and who doesn't.  Otherwise, why were they granted land rights?    Cool

Uluru is a sacred site to many aboriginal people. It part of their religious belief. Shouldn't that right be respected?

People should have the right to freely practice their religion. They should not have the right to make the government impose their beliefs on others. As far as I know every single tribe had a number of sacred sites within their territory. If your religious beliefs include racist, sexist exclusions from natural monuments, then respecting that is just as dangerous as respecting a Muslim's belief in raping little girls.

The only reason Ayers rock seems to have more religious significance to Aboriginal people is because of the significance that non-aboriginal people have placed on it, economically, tourism, and as Light demonstrates, many non-Aboriginals also project a spiritual significance on it. It's easy to do with a mountain, especially one poking up from a flat plain. As far as the aboriginal's are concerned, it's just another one out of thousands or millions that happened to get handed over to them. It won't make them happy, just like allowing a Christian to hang on to one page of their Bible would not make them happy.

When you say we need to respect by imposition the racist, sexist, religious beliefs of Aborigines, what you really mean is that we have to give up on them and accept that they are inferior and cannot be held to the same liberal standards as everyone else.

Quote:
Then explain why I felt that something 'bad' really bad was going to happen at a school where a Teacher was murdered? Why did I tell someone there as if to warn them - a week before it happened?

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. You spew endless gibberish on here. Like Nostradamus, among them might be a few gems that somehow resemble an unfolding truth. Unlike Nostradamus, you don't get to delete all the incorrect predictions.
« Last Edit: Oct 28th, 2019 at 7:33am by freediver »  

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #329 - Oct 28th, 2019 at 7:39am

freediver wrote on Oct 28th, 2019 at 7:25am:
Raven wrote on Oct 27th, 2019 at 11:46pm:

People should have the right to freely practice their religion. They should not have the right to make the government impose their beliefs on others. As far as I know every single tribe had a number of sacred sites within their territory. If your religious beliefs include racist, sexist exclusions from natural monuments, then respecting that is just as dangerous as respecting a Muslim's belief in raping little girls.

Quote:

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. You spew endless gibberish on here. Like Nostradamus, among them might be a few gems that somehow resemble an unfolding truth. Unlike Nostradamus, you don't get to delete all the incorrect predictions.

thats a long bow you have drawn there fd....

The Vatican City  is a sacred site to Catholics all over the world....and many people of other faiths respect that.....does that mean they believe they are all paedophiles.???

we are after all talking about a "rock"  something that 99% of aussies wouldnt give a second though too..until someone says   NO MORE.... and then suddenly it becomes a part of their every day lives.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.. suddenly their lives will be no more.. Cry Cry

I am surprised you havent already organised a national uprising against this dastardly deed   Smiley

we need more people like you standing up for the rights of all those who appear to be against EVERYTHING. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 48
Send Topic Print