Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 43
Send Topic Print
Has there been a more outrageous porky here? (Read 54290 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Has there been a more outrageous porky here?
Reply #420 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 12:57pm

Trust the NESBing old boy to quote a work of irony with a straight face.

What next? The Mikado as classical Jap opera?

Stick to no-speaka-da-English, dear boy. Leave the English canon to those who speaka.

If we need a translation on Kierkegaard, we'll come to you, okay?

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #421 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 7:26pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 12:57pm:

Stick to no-speaka-da-English, dear boy. Leave the English canon to those who speaka.

Nothing ironic in that poem, Paki, and you know it.   

And - Mikado??? That's your cultural high water mark for your supposed 'British' heritage, Paki???  British like the Pirates of Penzance, are you???  Cheesy Cheesy

Nobody ever said that Mikado or Madam Butterfly, for that matter,  was Japanese. You are being your usual idiotic buggeralldian wanker, Paki. Low-brow, parochial wanker.
Go to Merrylands and have a kebab. Have two.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #422 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 8:31pm

Frank wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 7:26pm:

And - Mikado??? That's your cultural high water mark for your supposed 'British' heritage, Paki???  British like the Pirates of Penzance, are you???  Cheesy Cheesy

Nobody ever said that Mikado or Madam Butterfly, for that matter,  was Japanese. You are being your usual idiotic buggeralldian wanker, Paki. Low-brow, parochial wanker.

Doktor Abu, jeg tror, at barnet selvfølgelig har savnet den virkelige betydning af din lektion. Måske at gentage det måske får ham til at forstå bedre og forstå betydningen af din ironi og din vidd?

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #423 - Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:16pm

Oh, old boy, so lovely to hear our quaint Victorian follies critiqued by a half-Kraut bin-straightener who's never even been to a panto. We prefer the Pirates of Penzance, eh?

How marvellous. University of Balogney, innit. You studied British Culture, didn't you? You must have received excellent marks in that. Good show.

You learned how to spell words like wanker, Paki, even parochial. But I'm curious. Did they teach you how to get that semen off your dentures?

Can I suggest you wipe your chin? Mormor should have some tissues in her purse.

Here: spit.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #424 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 7:19am

polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 11:53am:
freediver wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 6:35pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:11am:
freediver wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 6:41pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 2:40pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:13pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 10:58am:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 10:39am:
What didn't happen at all?

girls getting shot for attending school

Do you think Wikipedia is being misleading by saying they risked execution if it never happened at all?

Thats one of the more stupid comments in this discussion FD - and thats really saying something.

Wikipedia: vague statement about how girls "risked execution" if they attended school - without giving a single example of any such execution actually happening.

FD: therefore the taliban definitely had a 'widespread' and 'widely enforced policy' of lining up little girls and shooting them in the back of the head for attending school

Do you think Wikipedia is being misleading by saying they risked execution if it never happened at all?

not really. Though what I think I can say for certain is that the person who made that claim didn't have a "widespread" and "actively enforced policy" of executing little girls in mind. The point was a general one about the taliban's hostility to girl's schooling, as well as there propensity to violence - and the obvious risk this posed to girls who. No one is disputing that, and no one is apologising for that.

What abolutely *IS* misleading though is to somehow use that general point as proof that they had a "widespread" and "actively enforced policy" of shooting little girls in the head for going to school or reading.

What you would expect if such a policy existed was for your "evidence" to actually say so. Accounts of it happening, anecdote of even a single execution... alas nothing. Literally the only account of anything happening to anyone in either of your articles was the statement that teachers (not even students) were known to be gaoled and/or tortured for teaching girls.

So the "risk" that the wikipedia article is referring to is a general one about the risk of the Taliban using deadly violence in this context and does not imply that it ever actually happened?

This is beyond pathetic FD. The most desparate grasping of straws now combines with your customary slippery, evasive goal-post shifting.

Notice how we've gone from a very specific policy that was apparently "widespread" and "actively enforced" to the latest 'well the use of phrase 'risked execution' means you can't say such executions never happened!'

Still not a single piece of evidence of any girl actually being executed. Golly you would think all the islamophobes out there would have picked up something - no? Amazing not even jihad watch has anything on this "actively enforced policy". No wonder then that you pounce on Soren's picture of a murderer being executed and accept without question that its definitely a little girl being executed for going to school.

Funny also that you have run a million miles from the under 8s being shot for reading non-Quranic material.

No, you are just reduced to pathetic rhetorical questions to make the most tenuous and desparate of reaches.

FD at his most pitiful.

It just seems strange that what I said is the most outrageous porky, but you have no problem at all with wikipedia saying they risked execution, when according to you it never actually happened.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #425 - Sep 21st, 2019 at 7:39pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:16pm:

Oh, old boy, so lovely to hear our quaint Victorian follies critiqued by a half-Kraut bin-straightener who's never even been to a panto. We prefer the Pirates of Penzance, eh?

How marvellous. University of Balogney, innit. You studied British Culture, didn't you? You must have received excellent marks in that. Good show.

You learned how to spell words like wanker, Paki, even parochial. But I'm curious. Did they teach you how to get that semen off your dentures?

You can writhe with a stupid grin as much as you always do, Paki wanker, but you have been shown to be just that, for thee Nth time.

Fap on. That's all you even want to do.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #426 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 1:27am

freediver wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 7:19am:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 17th, 2019 at 11:53am:
freediver wrote on Sep 11th, 2019 at 6:35pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 10th, 2019 at 9:11am:
freediver wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 6:41pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 9th, 2019 at 2:40pm:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 3:13pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 10:58am:
freediver wrote on Sep 6th, 2019 at 10:39am:
What didn't happen at all?

girls getting shot for attending school

Thats one of the more stupid comments in this discussion FD - and thats really saying something.

Wikipedia: vague statement about how girls "risked execution" if they attended school - without giving a single example of any such execution actually happening.

FD: therefore the taliban definitely had a 'widespread' and 'widely enforced policy' of lining up little girls and shooting them in the back of the head for attending school

not really. Though what I think I can say for certain is that the person who made that claim didn't have a "widespread" and "actively enforced policy" of executing little girls in mind. The point was a general one about the taliban's hostility to girl's schooling, as well as there propensity to violence - and the obvious risk this posed to girls who. No one is disputing that, and no one is apologising for that.

What abolutely *IS* misleading though is to somehow use that general point as proof that they had a "widespread" and "actively enforced policy" of shooting little girls in the head for going to school or reading.

What you would expect if such a policy existed was for your "evidence" to actually say so. Accounts of it happening, anecdote of even a single execution... alas nothing. Literally the only account of anything happening to anyone in either of your articles was the statement that teachers (not even students) were known to be gaoled and/or tortured for teaching girls.

So the "risk" that the wikipedia article is referring to is a general one about the risk of the Taliban using deadly violence in this context and does not imply that it ever actually happened?

This is beyond pathetic FD. The most desparate grasping of straws now combines with your customary slippery, evasive goal-post shifting.

Notice how we've gone from a very specific policy that was apparently "widespread" and "actively enforced" to the latest 'well the use of phrase 'risked execution' means you can't say such executions never happened!'

Still not a single piece of evidence of any girl actually being executed. Golly you would think all the islamophobes out there would have picked up something - no? Amazing not even jihad watch has anything on this "actively enforced policy". No wonder then that you pounce on Soren's picture of a murderer being executed and accept without question that its definitely a little girl being executed for going to school.

Funny also that you have run a million miles from the under 8s being shot for reading non-Quranic material.

No, you are just reduced to pathetic rhetorical questions to make the most tenuous and desparate of reaches.

FD at his most pitiful.

It just seems strange that what I said is the most outrageous porky, but you have no problem at all with wikipedia saying they risked execution, when according to you it never actually happened.

Or when according to you, it happened routinely, as a matter of strictly enforced Taliban policy.

Let's meet the middle, boys. Let's say Wikipedia is telling porkies.

Happy with that, FD?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #427 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 1:30am

Frank wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 7:39pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Sep 20th, 2019 at 10:16pm:

You can writhe with a stupid grin as much as you always do, Paki wanker, but you have been shown to be just that, for thee Nth time.

Fap on. That's all you even want to do.

He polished up the knob so care-ful-ly that now he is the ruler of the Queen's navy, no?

Miam miam.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #428 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 12:24pm

freediver wrote on Sep 21st, 2019 at 7:19am:

What would normally be strange - but isn't because its you - is saying that what the wiki said somehow supports your claim, and therefore proves your porky wasn't a porky.

Honestly, you were on firmer ground when you went with the original "I read it somewhere, but for some reason didn't post it then, and now I can't remember what it was" excuse.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #429 - Sep 23rd, 2019 at 9:02pm

Do you think people might be prone to being misled by the wikipedia article into thinking it did actually happen?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #430 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 9:24am

freediver wrote on Sep 23rd, 2019 at 9:02pm:
Do you think people might be prone to being misled by the wikipedia article into thinking it did actually happen?

I would expect people to conclude from it that it might have happened FD.

What I wouldn't expect though is for anyone to conclude that its proof of there being some "widespread" and "actively enforced policy" of systematically rounding up school girls and executing them.

Have you worked out the difference yet?

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #431 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 10:49am

So to sum where we're at at the moment. The claim that

Quote:
The Taliban presented every girl over 8 in the regions they controlled with the death penalty for learning to read, and girls under 8 with the death penalty for learning to read anything other than the Quran. It was not an isolated incident, it was an actively enforced policy.

is solely backed up by this sentence in a wikipedia article:

Women seeking an education were forced to attend underground schools, where they and their teachers risked execution if caught

Apparently that one vague line perfectly covers both over-8 school aged girls, as well as under 8s "for learning to read anything other than the Quran" - although it doesn't quite mention anything about under 8s. Moreover, that one vague line categorically states - without actually saying it - that it was an 'actively enforced policy".

And any suggestion that it doesn't say any of this is ruthlessly destroyed by simple rhetorical questions like "do you not think that the wiki article implies it ever actually happened? hmmm?!"
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2019 at 10:57am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #433 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 3:13pm

From the same source:

Quote:
women still enjoyed certain rights. Co-ed education was introduced in elementary schools by the PDPA and women were able to teach.

This began to change when the U.S. government backed the drug-trafficking Mujahideen— the forerunners of the Taliban — to oust the PDPA.

Quote:
As US drug adviser to President Carter, David Musto, said, because “we [went] into Afghanistan to support the opium growers,” moderate Sufi leaders in the countryside were replaced by radical ones. This was due to massive financial support from agents of the Pakistani Inter-Services, funds that came from both the United States and Saudi Arabia, which were allocated toward jihadist ends.

According to Joe Stephens and David B. Ottaway of The Washington Post, “The United States spent millions of dollars to supply Afghan schoolchildren with textbooks filled with violent images and militant Islamic teachings, part of covert attempts to spur resistance to the Soviet occupation. The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system’s core curriculum. Even the Taliban used the American-produced books, though the radical movement scratched out human faces in keeping with its strict fundamentalist code.”

Quote:

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #434 - Sep 24th, 2019 at 4:39pm

I wonder how long it will take for muslims in general to wake up to how stupid their ideology is?

Is there any body else on this earth who are so prone to death destruction and human rights abuses as the muslims?

The U.S. did this, Russia did this, the Sunni did this, the Shiite did this, the Chinese did this, the Buddhists did this, the colonists did this, the Christians did this, the Jews did this, wah wah wah some body is always doing this, wah wah wah poor muslim is the victim, crapola crapola crapola on and on it goes.

The worlds number one and greatest global terrorist threat is muslims.

The worlds monolithic almost insurmountable refugee crisis is muslims.

The people who are slaughtering kids in the 100s of 1000s are muslims.

The people who are the greatest burden on the rest of the world are muslims.

It is  not any body elses' fault, they are where they are right now, because of 1400 years of devout devotion to the doctrine of islam, as taught in the qur'an.

The islamic doctrine of: muslim supremacy, oppression of women and children, hatred and death for all non muslims & the hypocrite muslim, is the root cause of all their problems.

islam has failed them pure and simple, they have spilled the blood of millions of innocent people in the last millennia and a half, if the millions of innocent people who were raped tortured and murdered could see what islam has become today, they would laugh.

Founded on bloodshed and hatred, islam has led the muslims no where, the wealth of the world at their fingertips, why isn't the homeland of islam a shining beacon of peace and love for all mankind?

Because islam is a doctrine of death, the home land of islam is nothing but a pile of useless bombed out rubble.

Now we have the situation where muslims have increasing nuclear powers, the world is on the brink of a nuclear war, as the doctrine of death seeks to attain fulfillment of the sacred aim of a global caliphate and the destruction of the Jews.

Oh well it will all play out, only time will tell.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 43
Send Topic Print