Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Send Topic Print
freedom from religion (Read 11323 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: freedom from religion
Reply #75 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:40pm

John Smith wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:35pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:25pm:
John Smith wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:22pm:
freediver wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 7:32pm:
That's all. Just wanted to establish that he was fired for his religious views.

which would be great if he wasn't in fact sacked for breaching his contract Cheesy Cheesy

By expressing his religious views.

Having a bit of paper to justify what you do does not mean you aren't actually doing it.

no, by 'harassing or bullying' someone because of their sexual preference. His religious views are not an escape clause in my view.

You can make up as many alternative labels for it you want. Still doesn't change what it is.

Who did he harass an bully? Does their butthurt mean Folau was not expressing his religious views when he expressed his religious views? Why does this double speak seem to come with the territory of homofascist apologetics?

Do you think people have some kind of right to not hear opinions they dislike?

Quote:
just like having a bit of paper that says you have a right to free speech doesn't actually mean you have such a right

I agree completely. But it helps.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:44pm

freediver wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:40pm:
You can make up as many alternative labels for it you want. Still doesn't change what it is.

Who did he harass an bully?

Do you think people have some kind of right to not hear opinions they dislike?

just as you can shove your head in the sand, ignore reality and keep crying that it's a breach of his right to free speech.

And I don't know why you keep asking that dumb question. Who has ever argued you have a right to not hear opinions? Another straw man to hide behind.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #77 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:45pm

Quote:
Who has ever argued you have a right to not hear opinions?

About half a dozen people I quoted in the first page. It seems to have scared them off. You and Aussie are normally in lockstep with them. You do realise that's what this thread is about don't you?

Who did Folau harass an bully? Does their butthurt mean Folau was not expressing his religious views when he expressed his religious views? Why does this double speak seem to come with the territory of homofascist apologetics?

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:52pm

freediver wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:45pm:
About half a dozen people I quoted in the first page

bullshit. All you did was pretend they said something they didn't

It seems to have scared them off.

yeah ... that must be it. It's not like anyone has anything else to do but wait for you to make some dumb comment so that they can reply

You do realise that's what this thread is about don't you?

yes, and you were told very early on that your 'interpretation' of what they said was wrong.

Who did Folau harass an bully? Does their butthurt mean Folau was not expressing his religious views when he expressed his religious views? Why does this double speak seem to come with the territory of homofascist apologetics?

you asked and they were answered earlier. If all you have left is regurgitating the same dumb questions over and over, all while ignoring what is said, then this conversation is over.

Our esteemed leader:
I hope that bitch who was running their brothels for them gets raped with a cactus.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:55pm

He should have issued a trigger warning.
Cheesy Grin

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #80 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:59pm

Quote:
bullshit. All you did was pretend they said something they didn't

I'm sure they'll summon up the courage to speak for themselves then.

Quote:
yes, and you were told very early on that your 'interpretation' of what they said was wrong.

Not by them.

Quote:
you asked and they were answered earlier 

No they weren't.

Who did Folau harass and bully? Does their butthurt mean Folau was not expressing his religious views when he expressed his religious views? Why does this double speak seem to come with the territory of homofascist apologetics?

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #81 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 10:50pm

Just like I ignore Islam - I can ignore any religion that comes along - THAT is freedom from religion...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

John Smith
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 11:12pm

freediver wrote on Jun 30th, 2019 at 8:59pm:

you bought them up, not me.

Not by them.

doesn't make you any less wrong

No they weren't.

yes they were. Aussie answered your questions earlier. I know what you can do, keep asking. Maybe that'll work for you the next time around.

if they can be bothered.

Our esteemed leader:

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #83 - Jun 30th, 2019 at 11:50pm

I see personalities (or lack thereof) have over-ridden discussion on this issue ..........

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Raven
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Around
Reply #84 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:07pm

Folau has decided to turn a breech of contract into a religious argument.

He says he was fired because he is a Christian. He is wrong.

Had Folau not been a religious person and continually made posts that cast a negative light on Rugby Australia, he still would have been fired and we most likely would not been having this argument.

Let's look at a few of the conditions Falau agreed to abide by when he signed his contract.

"Treat everyone equally, fairly and with dignity regardless of gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, cultural or religious background, age or disability. Any form of bullying, harassment or discrimination has no place in rugby.”

"Use social media appropriately. By all means share your positive experiences of rugby but do not use social media as a means to breach any of the expectations or requirements of you as a player contained in this code.”

"Do not otherwise act in a way that may adversely affect or reflect on, or bring you, your team, club, rugby body or rugby into disrepute or discredit.”

He was not fired because his religious beliefs, he was fired because he continually breech the code of conduct he promised to abide by.

Quoth the Raven "Nevermore"

Raven would rather ask questions that may never be answered, then accept answers which must never be questioned.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:14pm

Raven wrote on Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:07pm:
He was not fired because of his religious beliefs, he was fired because he continually breached the code of conduct he promised to abide by.

Exactly.

And now he's going to waste everyone's time & money in the Federal Court just to be told that.

What a boofhead.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #86 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:14pm

We have already established Folau was fired for his religious beliefs, the pic he posted which he did not create was religious.

Quote:
Unlawful termination

What is unlawful termination?

Section 772 of the Act says that an employer must not terminate an employee’s employment for one or more of the following unlawful reasons:

- race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family or carer’s responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin

https://www.fwc.gov.au/termination-employment/unlawful-termination

My bet is RA should settle before it goes to court or they will lose

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #87 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:18pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:14pm:
We have already established Folau was fired for his religious beliefs ...

Nope.

He was fired because he "committed a high-level breach of the Professional Players’ Code of Conduct”.

If you can find an official document from his employer saying that they sacked him for his religious beliefs, I'd be very interested in seeing it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #88 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:18pm

We have already established Folau was fired for his religious beliefs, the pic he posted which he did not create was religious.

Quote:
Unlawful termination

Section 772 of the Act says that an employer must not terminate an employee’s employment for one or more of the following unlawful reasons:

- race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family or carer’s responsibilities, pregnancy, religion, political opinion, national extraction or social origin

I hope it goes all the way so a precedent is set. Otherwise people will keep getting sacked .

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #89 - Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:20pm

Mr Hammer wrote on Jul 1st, 2019 at 4:18pm:

Quote:
Unlawful termination

I hope it goes all the way so a precedent is set. Otherwise people will keep getting sacked .

You think that people who breach their employer's Code of Conduct shouldn't be sacked?

Really?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 16
Send Topic Print