Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
My story - a warning (Read 13211 times)
Tally

My story - a warning
Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:00pm

Many of you may not know me as I'm not exactly the most prolific poster here, but I have a story to tell you all.

Not long after I joined here I was invited to post in another chat board which I found to be full of lovely people who are more politically and ethically aligned to my views, but I did something dumb, really dumb, I shared some personal information.

I started a topic called 'Dream Holidays' and when I actually booked a week away to Noosa Heads, I posted that information and even excitedly announced my day of departure.

While I was at the airport waiting for a delayed flight, I logged into that site and a member there had sent me a message, offering to arrange a free taxi ride from the airport to my hotel when I arrived. I thought what a kind and sweet gesture, but I declined as I had a prior arrangement.

I didn't log onto the site for a couple of days after I arrived, but when I did there was 10 messages requesting to meet me and for the rest of the week I was totally bombarded with messages, which started to become, I'm embarrassed to say, increasingly suggestive in nature.

I'm not alleging anything sinister, it was just a little weird, yeah weird is about the right way to describe it.

I guess I'm just posting this to warn people about sharing their private information, particularly the ladies here.

I won't be participating in a long he said she said ding dong running battle over this, in fact I may not post here again, at least for a good long while.

Regards
Tally

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: My story - a warning
Reply #1 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:06pm

Stay...and see this through.  That message/s was/were NOT from me...but it will have come from a doxxer of mine.

Name the person...and post copies of the messages.  Bugger the Rules....this is exceptional.

That MUST go to Authorities.

IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #2 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:13pm

Ignore Aussie.
He has a tendency to 'latch onto' things, especially regarding such 'personal' natures.

Tally.
Shame to see it go that way.
In this day and age 'Privacy is the New Luxury'.
Especially when Australians have lost over $3.5 million in Internet Frauds, Scams, etc... mostly to the gullible, nieve, desperate, lonely, of good intentions, etc.

I wish you luck in the future and think you were smart to smell the smoke, before needing to feel the heat. Good on you.
I do 'Travel Section' here btw.
May your next holiday be a more pleasant one.

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #3 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:16pm

btw. I'm not a real person (human) - I'm just an Artificial Intelligence Program run by ASIO.
Wink

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:23pm

Tally wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:00pm:
Many of you may not know me as I'm not exactly the most prolific poster here, but I have a story to tell you all.

Not long after I joined here I was invited to post in another chat board which I found to be full of lovely people who are more politically and ethically aligned to my views, but I did something dumb, really dumb, I shared some personal information.

I started a topic called 'Dream Holidays' and when I actually booked a week away to Noosa Heads, I posted that information and even excitedly announced my day of departure.

While I was at the airport waiting for a delayed flight, I logged into that site and a member there had sent me a message, offering to arrange a free taxi ride from the airport to my hotel when I arrived. I thought what a kind and sweet gesture, but I declined as I had a prior arrangement.

I didn't log onto the site for a couple of days after I arrived, but when I did there was 10 messages requesting to meet me and for the rest of the week I was totally bombarded with messages, which started to become, I'm embarrassed to say, increasingly suggestive in nature.

I'm not alleging anything sinister, it was just a little weird, yeah weird is about the right way to describe it.

I guess I'm just posting this to warn people about sharing their private information, particularly the ladies here.

I won't be participating in a long he said she said ding dong running battle over this, in fact I may not post here again, at least for a good long while.

Regards
Tally

To keep.

IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #5 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:26pm

I wonder what Political Forum that was?

Was it PA 'Monkey Mania' or PA 'Black Orchid'??

...or another new 'player' on the scene to steal members from FreeDiver's Empire?

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #6 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:40pm

Regards
Tally

That's a pretty nasty holiday story, I hope it didn't ruin the whole thing for you. If it was not from this forum, don't let creeps scare you off from here. If it is a member here feel free to let FD know who. That sort of harassment should not be tolerated.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #7 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:02pm

I have checked Tally's activity at Monk's place.  They were last active there (logged in there) on the 4th March, 2019.  They talk about receiving messages after her departure to arrival at Noosa....which was the 4th March according to what they posted in the Thread referred to.  Well......the (publicly viewable) log of her profile shows that they could never have received a PM there after 4th March.

IP Logged

Jasin

Reply #8 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:14pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:40pm:

Regards
Tally

That's a pretty nasty holiday story, I hope it didn't ruin the whole thing for you. If it was not from this forum, don't let creeps scare you off from here. If it is a member here feel free to let FD know who. That sort of harassment should not be tolerated.

True. If it was at Monk's PA Forum? Then how disgraceful!  Angry How low can that place go?
To think we allow some of that Forum's members here. It's like Pell protecting his fellow Spiders in the Church and Smith protecting the Cheats in his Australian Cricket Team.  Roll Eyes
Aussie, John Smith, GreggaryPeccary & Mothra should go... permanently!!! They are known liars, deceivers, frauds, bullies, coercers, cowards, trolls, trouble-makers, sledgers and more.
How much can this go on for?
We need a Royal Commission into this and I name Capitosonora to Chair it!!!

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #9 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:21pm

Jasin wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:14pm:
Setanta wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:40pm:

Regards
Tally

True. If it was at Monk's PA Forum? Then how disgraceful!  Angry How low can that place go?
To think we allow some of that Forum's members here. It's like Pell protecting his fellow Spiders in the Church and Smith protecting the Cheats in his Australian Cricket Team.  Roll Eyes
Aussie, John Smith, GreggaryPeccary & Mothra should go... permanently!!! They are known liars, deceivers, frauds, bullies, coercers, cowards, trolls, trouble-makers, sledgers and more.
How much can this go on for?
We need a Royal Commission into this and I name Capitosonora to Chair it!!!

I'm not making any judgement on who, just the act itself. Seems whoever it was, reading between the lines, knew she went alone. I don't know if she did but that is what it seems like from her post.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:26pm

This is utterly despicable behaviour. Tally, i'm so very sorry that this happened to you.

Unfortunately, it's true that we have to be careful about what we reveal on the internet, sad as that may be.

There are some seriously unhinged people out there.

I hope it didn't ruin your holiday. You so deserved to have a great one.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #11 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:50pm

Um....YUCK

IBI

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #12 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:51pm

Aussie wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:06pm:
Stay...and see this through.  That message/s was/were NOT from me...but it will have come from a doxxer of mine.

Name the person...and post copies of the messages.  Bugger the Rules....this is exceptional.

That MUST go to Authorities.

yes post the msgs Tally - feel so bad for you- so creepy

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #13 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:52pm

mothra wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:26pm:
This is utterly despicable behaviour. Tally, i'm so very sorry that this happened to you.

Unfortunately, it's true that we have to be careful about what we reveal on the internet,
sad as that may be.

There are some seriously unhinged people out there.

I hope it didn't ruin your holiday. You so deserved to have a great one.

there is a lesson there for some of us?  Roll Eyes

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #14 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 6:52pm

Quote:
.........offering to arrange a free taxi ride ..........

Let's face reality here.  I am the ONLY Member of this Forum, Monk's forum....who is able to offer a free Taxi ride on the Sunshine Coast.

There is one other person on both Forums who is on the Coast, but that other person is not in any way involved in the Cab Industry here.

This is a very serious matter, with very serious repercussions including criminal charges, and action within the Cab Industry both here locally and at the Qld Department of Transport.

I will not let this drop off the radar and I will do what I can and I will ask those in control here to do what they can to assist every Authority and provide every bit of evidence they access to identify the wrongdoer in this matter.  This is stalking...plain and simple.

I want the culprit outed.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print