My story - a warning (Read 13206 times)
Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Re: My story - a warning
Reply #30 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 9:19pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 9:16pm:
Many have no idea of my sense of humour..... sad, innit...

You? Sense of humour? I had no idea! Now I'm sad. Grin

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #31 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 9:30pm

I always have Grap- i get that you are pretty damn funny

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #32 - Mar 10th, 2019 at 9:36pm

Setanta wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 9:19pm:

You? Sense of humour? I had no idea! Now I'm sad. Grin

**laughingly fells Setanta with a right cross**

.. women love my sense of humour but it pales after 2-3 months .. it starts off with a barrel of laughs and ends up with me in the barrel being poked with elbows or kicked on the foot every time I open my mouth.... 
   Undecided  Undecided  Undecided

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 8:06am

You did the right thing, Tally. Never except free taxi rides of Aussie (or free drinks)

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #34 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 8:58am

Tally wrote on Mar 10th, 2019 at 5:00pm:
Many of you may not know me as I'm not exactly the most prolific poster here, but I have a story to tell you all.

Not long after I joined here I was invited to post in another chat board which I found to be full of lovely people who are more politically and ethically aligned to my views, but I did something dumb, really dumb, I shared some personal information.

I started a topic called 'Dream Holidays' and when I actually booked a week away to Noosa Heads, I posted that information and even excitedly announced my day of departure.

While I was at the airport waiting for a delayed flight, I logged into that site and a member there had sent me a message, offering to arrange a free taxi ride from the airport to my hotel when I arrived. I thought what a kind and sweet gesture, but I declined as I had a prior arrangement.

I didn't log onto the site for a couple of days after I arrived, but when I did there was 10 messages requesting to meet me and for the rest of the week I was totally bombarded with messages, which started to become, I'm embarrassed to say, increasingly suggestive in nature.

I'm not alleging anything sinister, it was just a little weird, yeah weird is about the right way to describe it.

I guess I'm just posting this to warn people about sharing their private information, particularly the ladies here.

I won't be participating in a long he said she said ding dong running battle over this, in fact I may not post here again, at least for a good long while.

Regards
Tally

Tally
......in case you have not read the Thread.  I have deactivated your account at Monk's place to secure it against any interference.  It can be reactivated at any time by me.

Tell the whole story......here. Name names.  Post the messages.  If that stacks up, all is well.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #35 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:09am

If Tally's story is true, which is unlikely, it is just that kind of thing that would happen in Jovial Monk's cyber world. And if it isn't true, it is just the kind of thing that would happen in Jovial Monk's cyber world. A warning - stay away from the man and his board.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #36 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:14am

AiA wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:09am:
If Tally's story is true, which is unlikely, it is just that kind of thing that would happen in Jovial Monk's cyber world. And if it isn't true, it is just the kind of thing that would happen in Jovial Monk's cyber world. A warning - stay away from the man and his board.

Nothing happened at Monk's Forum where Tally has not been since the 4th March.  They could not have read messages there after that date which is the day they said they were due to arrive at the Sunshine Coast.

The crap is being posted...HERE in this Thread...the opening post.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #37 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:19am

Aussie wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:14am:
AiA wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:09am:

Nothing happened at Monk's Forum where Tally has not been since the 4th March.  They could not have read messages there after that date which is the day they said they were due to arrive at the Sunshine Coast.

The crap is being posted...HERE in this Thread...the opening post.

Sounds like a TURD for you to SORT, Turd Sorter. FD, will you be flushing this crap down to Aussie's Relationshits to give him something to do?

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:29am

Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 8:06am:
You did the right thing, Tally. Never except free taxi rides of Aussie (or free drinks)

this has got to be the weirdest thread ever.....

bu to smear another members name   is not on....

its a rotten thing to do ..

we all have opinions about each other some spot on most way off.. .. and this is way off....in fact its pretty low   even for chat forums...

I am surprised tally has left this like she appears to have done.....the message in her op is loud and clear.....but she has also left an awful lot of questions to be answered....it doesnt sound like tally at all...

what innuendo is suggested in the op... I will say   it does not sound like any member of ozpol that I know of....we do have a taxi driver amongst us....and I do not think for one moment this is about him...

to my knowledge admin or management have no control over PMs....

tally needs to do the right thing and advise FD   who the person was....

IP Logged

The Reboot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

None of your damn business
Reply #39 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 1:28pm

cods wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:29am:
Mr Hammer wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 8:06am:

this has got to be the weirdest thread ever.....

bu to smear another members name   is not on....

its a rotten thing to do ..

we all have opinions about each other some spot on most way off.. .. and this is way off....in fact its pretty low   even for chat forums...

I am surprised tally has left this like she appears to have done.....the message in her op is loud and clear.....but she has also left an awful lot of questions to be answered....it doesnt sound like tally at all...

what innuendo is suggested in the op... I will say   it does not sound like any member of ozpol that I know of....we do have a taxi driver amongst us....and I do not think for one moment this is about him...

to my knowledge admin or management have no control over PMs....

tally needs to do the right thing and advise FD   who the person was....

How is it "way off"?

Who's name immediately comes to mind when reading that post?  Grin

Whether true or not, Tally and Aussie didn't exactly get off on the right foot. If you look at the welcome thread Aussie harasses her about being a sock.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #40 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 1:45pm

Quote:
Whether true or not, Tally and Aussie didn't exactly get off on the right foot. If you look at the welcome thread Aussie harasses her about being a sock.

Really?

I have just checked to make certain.......and sure enough, not one post made by me to or concerning Tally in that Thread.

Why lie when it is so routinely easy to expose?

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

PZ547
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 2:23pm

Pre school stuff

but -- why would someone claim to have received numerous private messages (regardless of content) when they aren't logged-in and the fact they weren't logged-in can be shown?

and if they insist they did receive umpteen private messages, let them show and prove it

or ban them forum wide and let that be an end to it

All my comments, posts & opinions are to be regarded as satire & humour

IP Logged

Agnes
Gold Member

fish dinner

Bedford Park rnd
Reply #42 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 3:18pm

pretty much that simple PZ  I would say- !

x=^..^= x <o((((>< ~~~ x=^..^=x~~~x=^..^=x<o((((><~~~x=^..^=x

farewell to days of wild abandon and freedom in the adriatic

IP Logged

Grappler Truth Teller Feller
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Proud pre-1850's NO Voter
Reply #43 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:09pm

Wait one - has anyone actually accused anyone here? 

Let it ride and let this strand disappear.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
― John Adams

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #44 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:11pm

Grappler Truth Teller Feller wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:09pm:
Wait one - has anyone actually accused anyone here? 

Let it ride and let this strand disappear.

If you reckon that OP was not aimed at me specifically, and Monk's Forum generally, then you are blind.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 11
Send Topic Print