Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 32
Send Topic Print
George Pell Has Been Found Guilty Of Child Sexual (Read 29139 times)
Alinta
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: George Pell Has Been Found Guilty Of Child Sexual
Reply #30 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 4:43pm

Wires crossed somewhere BP.....there were two trials on the first set of charges.....

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #31 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 4:45pm

Look Aussie, whilst you have just dragged yaself outta the root sack and polishing those bumpers on your cab, I've been on the street for a couple of hours  siphoning gas and catching up with the news

IP Logged

BigP
Gold Member

Australian Politics

West Auckland
Reply #32 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 4:51pm

Alinta wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 4:43pm:
Wires crossed somewhere BP.....there were two trials on the first set of charges.....

Hi Alinta  how are you, you are correct, The first had a majority to convict The second found him guilty.

But this does not change the fact that there was a suppression order on his guilty finding until the other charges were resolved

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #33 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 4:58pm

BigP wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 4:51pm:
[quote author=Alintamaille link=1551141652/30#30 date=1551163428]Wires crossed somewhere BP.....there were two trials on the first set of charges.....

Quote:
Hi Alinta  how are you, you are correct, The first had a majority to convict The second found him guilty.

Is there any link to that suggestion?

Quote:
But this does not change the fact that there was a suppression order on his guilty finding until the other charges were resolved

Yes there was that Order (for good enough reason, but quite pointless given social media and the fact that orders made in Australia do not impact outside of Australia.  I doubt anyone in Australia did not know that it was Pell who was being indirectly referred to in Australian media reports emerging in December last....and that will be of on-going judicial interest.) 

What is more unusual is that the fact that there was a preceding Trial has also been unreported until after the events of today.....well......at least........that link I gave is the only one I could find which mentions it.

IP Logged

Mr Hammer
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 5:04pm

Free advice to Georgie...offer the top dog a gobbie on the first day.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 6:08pm

Looks like it wasn't sodomy:

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/26/five-times-guilty-how-geo...

Pell pulled out his penis and approached the other boy, grabbing his head.

The complainant asked Pell, “Can you let us go? We didn’t do anything.”

“I could see his [the boy’s] head being lowered towards his [Pell’s] genitalia,” the complainant recalled. “Then he sort of started squirming, he was struggling. His head was being controlled and it was down near archbishop Pell’s genitals. I was no more than a couple of metres away.”

This took place for about a minute or two. Pell stopped and turned to the complainant.

“And then he put his penis into my mouth. Archbishop Pell was standing, he was erect, and he pushed it into my mouth. He instructed me to undo my pants and take off my pants, and I did that. And then he started touching my genitalia. Archbishop Pell was touching himself on his penis with his other hand.”

When it was over the complainant, in shock, pulled up his pants. The boys left the room and tried to rejoin the procession before returning their robes.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:09pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 6:08pm:

How does that make you feel, Bobby?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #37 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:18pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:09pm:

Hi Pecca,
I made a mistake.
It was assuming that sexual penetration of a minor was sodomy.
I apologise to the readers.

Notice that I'm probably the only poster here on Ozpolitic
who ever apologizes when they make a mistake?

Still - in Bobby's universe what Pell did, is a hanging offence.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:21pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:18pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:09pm:

Hi Pecca,
I made a mistake.
It was assuming that sexual penetration of a minor was sodomy.
I apologise to the readers.

Notice that I'm probably the only poster here on Ozpolitic
who ever apologizes when they make a mistake?

Still - in Bobby's universe what Pell did, is a hanging offence.

Perhaps if sodomy was taught in schools, these sort of mistakes wouldn't happen.

Education is the key, Bobby.

IP Logged

Fuzzball
Gold Member

Australia
Reply #39 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:26pm

Hopefully the sentence will reflect the gravity of his perverse activities over a long period of time, also act as an example to the other clergy who use their position of trust to abuse youngsters.

Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting,
"Holy Sh!t ... What a Ride!"

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #40 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:27pm

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/feb/26/dozens-of-journalists-accused-of-b...

Up to 100 journalists accused of breaking Pell suppression order
face possible jail terms

Prosecutors send letters to publishers, editors and reporters at News Corp, the ABC and others

As many as 100 journalists have been threatened with a charge of contempt of court – and could face possible jail terms – over reporting of the Cardinal George Pell trial.

Victoria’s director of public prosecutions, Kerri Judd QC, has written to as many as 100 individual publishers, editors, broadcasters, reporters and subeditors at the media giants News Corp Australia, Nine Entertainment, the ABC, Crikey and several smaller publications, accusing them of breaching a nationwide suppression order imposed during the case. Nine’s Melbourne masthead The Age alone received more than 30 letters.

Show-cause notices were sent to the journalists in early February saying that they had potentially interfered with the administration of justice and scandalised the court.

The ones who do not have a strong enough explanation could be prosecuted.

IP Logged

Johnnie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:47pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:27pm:
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2019/feb/26/dozens-of-journalists-accused-of-b...

face possible jail terms

Prosecutors send letters to publishers, editors and reporters at News Corp, the ABC and others

As many as 100 journalists have been threatened with a charge of contempt of court – and could face possible jail terms – over reporting of the Cardinal George Pell trial.

Victoria’s director of public prosecutions, Kerri Judd QC, has written to as many as 100 individual publishers, editors, broadcasters, reporters and subeditors at the media giants News Corp Australia, Nine Entertainment, the ABC, Crikey and several smaller publications, accusing them of breaching a nationwide suppression order imposed during the case. Nine’s Melbourne masthead The Age alone received more than 30 letters.

Show-cause notices were sent to the journalists in early February saying that they had potentially interfered with the administration of justice and scandalised the court.

They probably should have waited until the appeal.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #42 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:49pm

Johnnie wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:47pm:

face possible jail terms

Pell might use that to get off in his appeal.
He could say that the jury was prejudiced.

Yes - Pell could still get away with it!

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #43 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:51pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:49pm:

face possible jail terms

Bloody Hell!  Bobby, can you explain how the Jury who convicted Pell was prejudiced despite the suppression order?

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #44 - Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:57pm

Aussie wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:51pm:
Bobby. wrote on Feb 26th, 2019 at 7:49pm:

face possible jail terms

Bloody Hell!  Bobby, can you explain how the Jury who convicted Pell was prejudiced despite the suppression order?

The jury was biased because the press  "interfered with the administration of justice and scandalised the court."

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 32
Send Topic Print