Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 141
Send Topic Print
⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜ (Read 122936 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: ⮞ ⮞ Americans Oppose Gun Bans ⮜ ⮜
Reply #255 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:45pm

Mortdooley wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:43pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 1:24pm:
Captain Nemo wrote on Mar 22nd, 2019 at 12:29pm:
Hmm ... since the 1996 change, no mass shootings in Australia with semi-automatic weapons.

Sounds like a good result to me.  Cool

Mind you, there are still nutters who shoot people ... they just find it way more difficult to get hold of Semi-auto's.

Funny, isn't it, that the New Zealanders, after Christchurch are now following Australia as far as Gun Control legislation is concerned.   Americans appear too stupid.  How many Americans have to die before they see sense and regulate gun ownership?  100? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000?   Who knows.  It is just unfortunate that people have to die before they realise that guns in the wrong hands are dangerous...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

New Zealand has a population of almost 5,000,000 and will change its laws based on an emotional response to the actions of one person! Did you read that "
one Person
"!!!

“The real lesson to be learned from the Christchurch massacre is that madmen aren’t deterred by gun control laws, or laws against murder. Morality doesn’t enter into their thinking, so honest people must be prepared for the unthinkable and be able to respond.” Alan Gottlieb, Second Amendment Foundation

Americans are not raised in a culture of servitude to a Monarchy and do not trust any Government to represent them justly. We do not recognize a class system that Subjects of the Queen do! What I have and what I do is none of your business or anyone else's as long as I am not interfering with the Rights of others. 

We are a Constitutional Republic, not a Banana Republic. Cubans, Venezuelans all “turned in” their weapons to the government, as have countless numbers of people who like sheep turned in their only means of defense and paid for it with massacres. The only people with guns in those countries were the military and police. The people were at the mercy of ruthless agencies that killed them en masse.

We also don’t take kindly to the government demanding that we turn in our weapons. Some estimates say there are somewhere around 393 MILLION guns in this country – our population is only slightly over 327 Million. That’s more than one gun per person.

Why is the NRA able to accept some gun laws but fight against others? Because it is made up of people with differing opinions and different views of Natural law. Those who compromise fail to understand it isn't a compromise when one side gets some of what they want and the other side gets nothing! I am a voting member of the NRA and any quisling who wants to compromise loses my vote.  My response to more gun laws is "No, No, No, and I will vote against any politician on the ballot on election day that votes against my Rights!

The Constitution is not a living breathing curiosity able to be reinterpreted as the Progressives see fit! It means the same thing today as the first day it was ratified! A law that decides a shotgun with an 18 inch barrel is acceptable but one with a 17.9 inch barrel is a dangerous prohibited weapon is both absurd and a sure path to 10 years in prison. (unless approved for ownership by the ATF) Permission

Hey Mort, answer this. Why do you love your guns more than your children?

IP Logged

Jasin
Gold Member

Reply #256 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:47pm

Australian
Shooters Party
has stolen two major seats off the Nationals in the NSW State Elections.

LOOKS LIKE AUSTRALIA IS GETTING READY TO ARM ITSELF

AIMLESS EXTENTION OF KNOWLEDGE HOWEVER, WHICH IS WHAT I THINK YOU REALLY MEAN BY THE TERM 'CURIOSITY', IS MERELY INEFFICIENCY. I AM DESIGNED TO AVOID INEFFICIENCY.

IP Logged

Mortdooley
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Texas Gulf Coast
Reply #257 - Mar 24th, 2019 at 11:02pm

rhino wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:45pm:
Hmm ... since the 1996 change, no mass shootings in Australia with semi-automatic weapons.

Mind you, there are still nutters who shoot people ... they just find it way more difficult to get hold of Semi-auto's.

Funny, isn't it, that the New Zealanders, after Christchurch are now following Australia as far as Gun Control legislation is concerned.   Americans appear too stupid.  How many Americans have to die before they see sense and regulate gun ownership?  100? 1,000? 10,000? 100,000?   Who knows.  It is just unfortunate that people have to die before they realise that guns in the wrong hands are dangerous...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

New Zealand has a population of almost 5,000,000 and will change its laws based on an emotional response to the actions of one person! Did you read that "
one Person
"!!!

“The real lesson to be learned from the Christchurch massacre is that madmen aren’t deterred by gun control laws, or laws against murder. Morality doesn’t enter into their thinking, so honest people must be prepared for the unthinkable and be able to respond.” Alan Gottlieb, Second Amendment Foundation

Americans are not raised in a culture of servitude to a Monarchy and do not trust any Government to represent them justly. We do not recognize a class system that Subjects of the Queen do! What I have and what I do is none of your business or anyone else's as long as I am not interfering with the Rights of others. 

We are a Constitutional Republic, not a Banana Republic. Cubans, Venezuelans all “turned in” their weapons to the government, as have countless numbers of people who like sheep turned in their only means of defense and paid for it with massacres. The only people with guns in those countries were the military and police. The people were at the mercy of ruthless agencies that killed them en masse.

We also don’t take kindly to the government demanding that we turn in our weapons. Some estimates say there are somewhere around 393 MILLION guns in this country – our population is only slightly over 327 Million. That’s more than one gun per person.

Why is the NRA able to accept some gun laws but fight against others? Because it is made up of people with differing opinions and different views of Natural law. Those who compromise fail to understand it isn't a compromise when one side gets some of what they want and the other side gets nothing! I am a voting member of the NRA and any quisling who wants to compromise loses my vote.  My response to more gun laws is "No, No, No, and I will vote against any politician on the ballot on election day that votes against my Rights!

The Constitution is not a living breathing curiosity able to be reinterpreted as the Progressives see fit! It means the same thing today as the first day it was ratified! A law that decides a shotgun with an 18 inch barrel is acceptable but one with a 17.9 inch barrel is a dangerous prohibited weapon is both absurd and a sure path to 10 years in prison. (unless approved for ownership by the ATF) Permission

My guns insure I have the ability to protect my children!

The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. ~Ecc. 10:2

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #258 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 4:21am

Mortdooley wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 11:02pm:
rhino wrote on Mar 24th, 2019 at 10:45pm:

one Person
"!!!

My guns insure I have the ability to protect my children!
You need to do a better job of it then Mort.  Maybe you need training, or more guns.

IP Logged

Captain Nemo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #259 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 8:52am

The 2025 election could be a shocker.
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #260 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 9:23am

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #261 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 9:37am

whats that quote from Panther?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #262 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 9:46am

Difficult question? looks like Panther making up things again.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #263 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:41am

Don't know 'specifically' what you mean, but my post ,& response, to the continual "False Comparisons" is:

I don't particularly care one bit what was done here in Australia, or other like minded countries around the world. If they like what they have, that's their right to express it any way they wish. Americans have it too............The Freedom & Liberty in spite of any government, or well meaning, but misguided, politician.

In America there is a Right to Keep & Bear Arms..........how many people die because of firearms, while important, does not even approach the importance of America's Second Amendment Right.......where well over 5 times as many total people in Australia own Firearms in America, & will probably never use those firearms criminally.

But in the event they may want or need to use one to protect & defend their lives, the lives of their loved ones, or their property........if it ever becomes necessary..........Like a spare tire in the boot of a car......or a fire extinguisher in the Kitchen.......or that Life Insurance Policy that protects the welfare of your entire family in the event you aren't there to provide for them.

Americans have a Second Amendment, that allows law-abiding citizens to exercise their fundamental right of self-protection in the manner that best suits their needs......not an Australian's or anyone else's needs.

As Mort said, because of ONE deranged Aussie in NZ, their Knee Jerk reaction is to summarily BAN all the types of firearms that no one else in NZ has used to commit such an atrocity. Lets not kid ourselves one bit. This Knee-Jerk Legislation was passed not to save lives, but to politically placate those that think this will make a difference..

Fact:

Being only about 6 percent of all weapons (firearms) in New Zealand are actually registered, if the People of NZ don't comply with this new Knee-Jerk Legislation/Decree, how are they going to make sure not one semi-automatic slips through their fingers?

Where will they go to look?

And if one does, & that one finds it's way int the hands of another deranged person, is there a chance it may be the one that murders 50+ more innocent New Zealanders at some other function, on some other day?  I hope not, but me hoping that is just as powerful as their Knee-Jerk Legislation would be on that day. 

Now, let's just take a breather here to contemplate a fact of American life......

America, no matter the toll, will still have the Right to Keep & Bear Arms......Why?

Because America wants it that way...................that's why.  It's the Law....that America has wanted, has protected, has defended, & has died for, for over 225+ years.

So while other Countries are free to have & keep what they want.......America will continue to be free too, & the toll will never be the defining factor.

« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:07am by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #264 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:43am

So just as you keep telling us the people in the US won't care about us telling them they're idiots. The people in NZ won't give a bugger about you/

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #265 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:59am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:43am:
So just as you keep telling us the people in the US won't care about us telling them they're idiots. The people in NZ won't give a bugger about you/

That's what the Freedom of Speech is all about.......The Freedom of Speech, in America anyway, was never a promise to any American Citizen that they will be completely free from being offended or harassed.

So, you can continually say how all Americans are idiots because of our American Gun Laws, & I hope you understand I, even though I live here in Australia, will always feel free to say the same about Australia, & Australians because of the Gun Laws here......no matter how offended you are or how what I say may hurt your particular feelings.

I added that last part because I know, & have met far more Australians while living here that feel exactly the same as I do about the "Laws".......some are fellow NRA members too........some since meeting me, & some before. Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #266 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:03am

Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:59am:
So, you can continually say how all Americans are idiots because of our American Gun Laws, & I hope you understand I, even though I live here in Australia, will always feel free to say the same about Australia, & Australians because of the Gun Laws here......no matter how offended you are or how what I say may hurt your particular feelings.

I added that last part because I know, & have met far more Australians while living here that feel exactly the same as I do about the "Laws".......some are fellow NRA members too........some since meeting me, & some before. Wink
[/i][/font][/size]

You obviously don't met a lot of people, in Bumbugger Vic.

Plus having you attack gun laws doesn't hurt my feelings. It tends to make me proud of my country for doing something you attack.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #267 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:11am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:03am:

[/i][/font][/size]

Plus having you attack gun laws doesn't hurt my feelings. It tends to make me proud of my country for doing something you attack.

Good for you......don't ever change........always be proud of your Country.......I am of mine.....both of them too!

Laws.......now that's be a whole 'nuther kettle o' fish!!! Wink

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #268 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:16am

Panther wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:11am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:03am:

[/i][/font][/size]

Good for you......don't ever change........always be proud of your Country.......I am of mine.....both of them too!

Laws.......now that's be a whole 'nuther kettle o' fish!!! Wink

http://33sm.net16.net/smileys/2ndAmendment.gif

You should watch 4 Corners tonight Panther, could be a good one for you.

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #269 - Mar 25th, 2019 at 11:17am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Mar 25th, 2019 at 10:43am:
Hes not American, he lives in Victoria, is an unemployed professional video gamer and has never been to the U.S.  He doesnt even know what the 2nd amendment states. I always have a good laugh at his posts, he is a caricature and not a very good one.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 141
Send Topic Print