Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Aldi sending me Broke.. :( (Read 1652 times)
President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Aldi sending me Broke.. :(
Sep 8th, 2018 at 5:30pm

Why is their stuff so Good and SO cheap...  Smiley

Air Compressor... goes like a ripper

Generator ... goes like a ripper

196cc self drive lawn mower I use for the Bank on the south side of my place... goes like a ripper... $400 bucks... self drive.... battery start...

I got a grooming Kit for like $20 bucks... goes like a ripper...

children books .. like half price...

25m mesh garden hosed with QD connections... $30 bucks

Gardening Seed Trays.. $9 bucks...

stop it Aldi!!!!  Grin

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Aldi sending me Broke.. :(
Reply #1 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 4:40pm

well glad you have had so much luck....I guess none of it is aussie made either>>,

I had to return a steam cleaner  just blew water not steam.. I bought a stick blender  it rusted...I also bought a DIY glass  read plastic green house for little plants....after 6 people tried to put it together  it went to landfill..... but good luck  glad your satisfied..

did rush [meaning queue before store opened]to buy one of their SPECIAL BUYS...  still dont believe they ever had it in store..

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 5:09pm

I buy stuff at Aldi all the time. Not their fresh food though. That stuff is terrible.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #3 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 5:11pm

cods wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 4:40pm:
well glad you have had so much luck....I guess none of it is aussie made either>>,

I had to return a steam cleaner  just blew water not steam.. I bought a stick blender  it rusted...I also bought a DIY glass  read plastic green house for little plants....after 6 people tried to put it together  it went to landfill..... but good luck  glad your satisfied..

did rush [meaning queue before store opened]to buy one of their SPECIAL BUYS...  still dont believe they ever had it in store..

I reckon a lot of Aldi stuff is junk but I regularly buy a very select few items.

Their olive oil is excellent, first press 100% Australian made and grown.
They also have a few Australian cheeses, their 20 month cheddar is highly regarded and the brie/Camembert is ok.

I buy their 2 star mince, for the dog Smiley

IBI

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 5:14pm

The best thing I ever bought from Aldi was an articulated tree lopper. $20 I think. I use it for opening macadamias, as well as pruning any branches that are too big for my Aldi articulated secateurs.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

President Elect, The Mechanic
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 5:25pm

freediver wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 5:14pm:
The best thing I ever bought from Aldi was an articulated tree lopper. $20 I think. I use it for opening macadamias, as well as pruning any branches that are too big for my Aldi articulated secateurs.

I got a pair of those as well...  Grin

Q

The STORM has arrived
Every Dog Has Its Day...
Dark to Light.
Sheep no more.

IP Logged

Valkie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Central Coast
Reply #6 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 7:39pm

I have purchased several tools and never had a moment's issue with any of them.

I purchased a hammer drill for less than it would have cost to hire the damn thing to remove the tiles in my bathroom floor.
It did a great job and has gone on to several other projects, never missed a beat.

As for food, I tend to agree.
The meat was tough and the veggies a little stale.

But the salmon is quite good, better than any of the other outlets.

Overall
Shop where you find what you like.

I HAVE A DREAM
A WONDERFUL, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL DREAM.
A DREAM OF A WORLD THAT HAS NEVER KNOWN ISLAM
A DREAM OF A WORLD FREE FROM THE HORRORS OF ISLAM.

SUCH A WONDERFUL DREAM
O HOW I WISH IT WERE TRU

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:26pm

We gave up buying meat and veges from Aldi, poor quality. We do keep an eye out on their other sales. Bought some of their raised garden beds, a bit thin on metal but sunk them 4" into the ground to give them some strength. The sides still were wont to bow out when filled but they worked.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #8 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:34pm

My local ALDI is closed for some weeks due to an expansion of the store and I miss it. The next closest ALDI isn't as nice and clean and the vegetables are never as fresh. My local store has grass-fed beef which I always buy but I avoid the chicken because it is low quality. The fruits and vegetables are always top-notch as well as the selection of cheese. I almost never buy any non-food items - mostly cheap junk.

Point is, the quality and variety varies from store to store.

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:44pm

AiA wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:34pm:
My local ALDI is closed for some weeks due to an expansion of the store and I miss it. The next closest ALDI isn't as nice and clean and the vegetables are never as fresh. My local store has grass-fed beef which I always buy but I avoid the chicken because it is low quality. The fruits and vegetables are always top-notch as well as the selection of cheese. I almost never buy any non-food items - mostly cheap junk.

Point is, the quality and variety varies from store to store.

I've never got a good avocado from our local Aldi, ever. Bruised, black when you cut it open. I don't shop at Aldi anymore bar when they have something in their catalogue that looks like it might be worth a try and cheap enough to gamble on. Not a fan of Aldi on the whole.

IP Logged

COWBOY

Australian Politics

Gold Coast
Reply #10 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:57pm

I do not mind Aldi. Bought a mower four years ago for about $120. Goes first pull. It's done a bit of work too.

I live on acreage and have a ride on but use the Aldi mower for the enclosed back yard and sometimes the front footpath if t am servicing my old Ride on.

The first thing I look for is the Warranty. I keep the receipts and they have never not honoured them. Some tools I steer clear of though because I know the the quality might be suspect but if the warranty balances that I have a rethink.

As far as food is concerned, Aldi is our No 1, but certain items we prefer Coles and Woolies. Originally, Aldi were way cheaper but Coles and Woolies have smartened their act up and are now a lot more competitive.

IP Logged

Cu Chulainn
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Sep 9th, 2018 at 11:09pm

COWBOY wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:57pm:
I do not mind Aldi. Bought a mower four years ago for about $120. Goes first pull. It's done a bit of work too.

I live on acreage and have a ride on but use the Aldi mower for the enclosed back yard and sometimes the front footpath if t am servicing my old Ride on.

The first thing I look for is the Warranty. I keep the receipts and they have never not honoured them. Some tools I steer clear of though because I know the the quality might be suspect but if the warranty balances that I have a rethink.

As far as food is concerned, Aldi is our No 1, but certain items we prefer Coles and Woolies. Originally, Aldi were way cheaper but Coles and Woolies have smartened their act up and are now a lot more competitive.

We have spare mowers and they cos us nothing. After the Lismore flood we collected a few, drained the oil, petrol and carby, refilled, spare mowers! Even got people coming to my house and paying me to resurrect their faithful mechanical sheep. I've got enough mowers to see my life out.

Edit: Hmm, thinking, now I only have one spare. I left my old 2 stroke and another on the verge for people to walk away with. I'm left with 2 4 strokes.
« Last Edit: Sep 9th, 2018 at 11:25pm by Cu Chulainn »  

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #12 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 12:07am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:44pm:
I've never got a good avocado from our local Aldi, ever. Bruised, black when you cut it open.

My experience with ALDI avocados is just the opposite. Like I said, the quality varies from store-to-store and I suspect varies wildly country to country.

ALDI's sister company Trader Joe's is a different experience altogether - top notch - but I hear now that Amazon purchased Whole Foods that Trader's Joe's business has dipped.

IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #13 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 12:09am

Cu Chulainn wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 11:09pm:
COWBOY wrote on Sep 9th, 2018 at 10:57pm:

We have spare mowers and they cos us nothing. After the Lismore flood we collected a few, drained the oil, petrol and carby, refilled, spare mowers! Even got people coming to my house and paying me to resurrect their faithful mechanical sheep. I've got enough mowers to see my life out.

Edit: Hmm, thinking, now I only have one spare. I left my old 2 stroke and another on the verge for people to walk away with. I'm left with 2 4 strokes.

The ALDIs I have visited in America don't have mowers, etc, just cheap gardening/lawn products. I suspect that Walmart/Home Depot/Lowes simply have that market sewn up so ALDI doesn't bother to compete.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #14 - Sep 10th, 2018 at 12:19am

I was gunna buy a whipper snipper from Aldi once but
after checking it out on the internet
I found that my old one was actually better quality.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print