Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print
Home remedies for cold's (Read 17970 times)
rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Home remedies for cold's
Reply #105 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 2:12pm

high blood pressure also a possibility. Change your diet, lose weight, do a bit more exercise and these health issues will magically disappear.

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #106 - Jun 20th, 2018 at 2:27pm

rhino wrote on Jun 20th, 2018 at 2:12pm:
high blood pressure also a possibility. Change your diet, lose weight, do a bit more exercise and these health issues will magically disappear.

To an extent. People with Type 2 diabetes who exercise aren't going to necessarily find it disappears. However they will find they need less medications.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #107 - Jun 21st, 2018 at 11:58pm

And get more reliable scales. The first time on the scales tonight, it said 112.7kg. Got off to do a couple more checks. The scales said 111.1kg and 111.3kg.

I am on one of those 10,000 steps weight loss program competing for CQHealth against Mackay. Competing against someone gives motivation to lose the weight. Feeling better now than for a long time.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #108 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 12:17am

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 21st, 2018 at 11:58pm:

And get more reliable scales. The first time on the scales tonight, it said 112.7kg. Got off to do a couple more checks. The scales said 111.1kg and 111.3kg.

I am on one of those 10,000 steps weight loss program competing for CQHealth against Mackay. Competing against someone gives motivation to lose the weight. Feeling better now than for a long time.

You are competing against yourself, there are no other competitors. What anyone else does or does not do is irrelevant. You keep making excuses yet every report your health is worse. Grow a set unsub and do what you need to do. Take yourself on.

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #109 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 12:33am

Actually, fat shaming works. My health has been on the mend for the last 4 months. I could not believe that I was doing myself a disservice by not eating sweet potato as part of my diet. I bought some psyllium husk last year, and I have only just started using it with my watered down fruit juices. Junk food is only a once a week thing, these days. Much better than the junk food (including soft drink) 3 times a week. Then there is the discovery of ginger and lemon tea. I have slept quite well having a couple cups of that tea every day.

As for remedies for the cold, I seem to have missed getting sick this year. Obviously, a lowered stress would account for a better immunity. Drinking lemon with water in the morning has also helped.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #110 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 8:54am

Setanta wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 12:17am:

You are competing against yourself, there are no other competitors. What anyone else does or does not do is irrelevant. You keep making excuses yet every report your health is worse. Grow a set unsub and do what you need to do. Take yourself on.

And 10,000 steps is really not that much. Particularly if you do it over the course of a day, slowly and on flat turf.

My feeling is that Rocky does nowhere near enough exercise.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #111 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 11:37am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 22nd, 2018 at 8:54am:

And 10,000 steps is really not that much. Particularly if you do it over the course of a day, slowly and on flat turf.

10,000 steps as an absolute minimum.

And avoid fruit juice - it's full of sugar.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #112 - Jun 22nd, 2018 at 11:45am

Barely

IP Logged

UnSubRocky
Gold Member

Australian Legend

Rockhampton, Q
Reply #113 - Jun 23rd, 2018 at 3:31am

Well, that is actually quite true. I would have to convert my 5km walks into 5km runs for me to have any real benefit.

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #114 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 12:26pm

UnSubRocky wrote on Jun 23rd, 2018 at 3:31am:

Well, that is actually quite true. I would have to convert my 5km walks into 5km runs for me to have any real benefit.

I did 20 km walk on Saturday.

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #115 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 2:36pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 12:26pm:

Any weight?

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #116 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 4:14pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 2:36pm:

Any weight?

Yep. I was participating in Navshield, which is NSW Bush Search and Rescues yearly navigation event. So essentially you drive to a national park, get given a map and a list of checkpoints, have to find where the checkpoints are then you get a certain amount of time to walk to as many checkpoints as you can, tag yourself in and then get back to base.

So it was 20 km of bushbashing and climbing, with a 15 kilo pack on the back

IP Logged

Gordon
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Gordon
Reply #117 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 5:00pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 4:14pm:

Any weight?

Yep. I was participating in Navshield, which is NSW Bush Search and Rescues yearly navigation event. So essentially you drive to a national park, get given a map and a list of checkpoints, have to find where the checkpoints are then you get a certain amount of time to walk to as many checkpoints as you can, tag yourself in and then get back to base.

Now that's a good workout. Hills and a pack will do the trick.

I have a good quality laptop backpack I don't use for laptops anymore but a 20kg plate fits in perfectly. That turns my morning 6km into a pretty decent workout.

IBI

IP Logged

Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #118 - Jun 25th, 2018 at 5:07pm

Gordon wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 5:00pm:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 4:14pm:

Any weight?

Now that's a good workout. Hills and a pack will do the trick.

I have a good quality laptop backpack I don't use for laptops anymore but a 20kg plate fits in perfectly. That turns my morning 6km into a pretty decent workout.

INdeed. 38th out of 100, but we were slowed down by the fact my partner was a bit slow and we had two arguments over navigation, which I won.

IP Logged

Setanta
Gold Member

\/ Peace man!

Northern NSW
Reply #119 - Jun 29th, 2018 at 10:01pm

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Jun 25th, 2018 at 5:07pm:
INdeed. 38th out of 100, but we were slowed down by the fact my partner was a bit slow and we had two arguments over navigation, which I won.

So you knocked your partner tfo and had to carry?
Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13
Send Topic Print