Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Is saying "Arabs are responsible for diseases spread by Arabs, just like Europeans are responsible for diseases spread by Europeans" blatant racism?

yes    
  3 (23.1%)
no    
  1 (7.7%)
yes - but only against whites    
  1 (7.7%)
not racist - WAAAACIST!    
  1 (7.7%)
what an idiotic question    
  7 (53.8%)

Total votes: 13
« Last Modified by: polite_gandalf on: Jan 9th, 2018 at 8:07am »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 41
Send Topic Print
Islam-inspired racism (Read 40472 times)
polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Islam-inspired racism
Reply #120 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:40am

freediver wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:29pm:
Quote:
Oh deary me - thats just a flat out lie FD. Doesn't that bother you?

Lets start from the top again: do you concede that you are the only one who has ever made this about jews?

Still going on about the Jews eh? Why is it the Jews bit and not the mindless collective of traitors bit that you keep complaining about?

Were they mindless?

Were they a collective?

Were they treacherous?

Were they Jewish?

Do you believe muslims today are a mindless collective?

Quote:
Why bother? You don't even need me to say it - you just lie about what I say anyway.

If you gave your own answer, it would make it a bit harder for me to 'lie', wouldn't it?

Wow so much obfuscation to excuse porkies.

FD - very simply, do you understand this is a flat out lie:

freediver wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
You justified Muhammad's genocide by describing them as a mindless collective of treacherous Jews.

?

Does that not bother you?

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #121 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:41am

freediver wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:31am:
mothra wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 1:15am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:32pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:24pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:21pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:17pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:11pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:06pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:03pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:00pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 8:18pm:
Of course I couldn't possibly suggest that the existence of incest in areas neighbouring arab countries casts doubt on the "Islam made them do it" argument could I? That would be not caring, I guess.

Now now, G, that would be stupendous.

Ah of course, the region must have always lacked in numbers of men and women who weren't related to each other!  That must be the cause. Yes, karnal?

Not at all. The region has always married off daughters to family members. This keeps wealth within the clan. This is far older than Islam, as every schoolboy knows.

Ahhh, and the reason the region has decided to uphold a medieval culture? Well, except Israel of course.

Except Israeli Orthodox Yips, Alevine.

If you don't mind me asking, why are we calling them Yips?

Oh so then it is because of religion, but only amongst Orthodox Jews? In the rest of the Arab world it's not Islam, it's a medieval practice they've never really been able to shake off. Probably because but of the Jews. But only the religious ones. Yes, karnal?

You're a hoot, and a great waste of time  Smiley

Thanks, Alevine. You've moved on from blaming Islam to religions, eh? You've got to blame someone, I guess.

So why are we calling them Yips again?

I never said incest was solely an issue for Islam. But it definitely is yet another issue with Islam, that makes this particular religion nothing more than a basket case of bad ideas.  Incest, rape, FGM, child marriage, the list of stupid crap that plagues the muslim world doesn't seem to end. 

But it must all be because of medieval practices before the time of Islam. Because you know... it can't possibly be the result of behaviour being taught by the interpretations of archaic musings of a warlord.

All of the things you mentioned are factors in other religions, yes? And not practised by all Muslims or spoken on the Quran?

Remeber now ... 1.6 billion of them. Perhaps you need reminding of that.

Muhammad had sex with his relatives. Therefor Muslims cannot say that incest is either immoral or stupid or unnatural. This has very real implications for medical professionals trying to discourage incest in Muslim countries. The religion is a minefield for them. Islam does not just happen to coincide with incest. It actually causes it.

Jesus did not. At various times in history the church has officially banned incest, up to limits so absurd (ie sharing a common ancestor up to 6 to 10 generations back) that it became a genuine burden to keep track of.

There are plenty of other similar issues, and the fact that Muhammad was a political, military and religious leaders means all the political, military and religious crap from 7th century Arabia now has the seal of approval from Islam. Sex slavery, dictatorship, slaughtering innocent people on the weakest of pretexts etc. Incest is the least of Islam's problems. At least it is voluntary.

Quote:
I, as a feminist, fully support all women in their representation of their beliefs ...

Even if they are idiots and their beliefs and representations undermine women's rights?

Even if their beliefs are that non-Muslim women should become sex slaves for Muslim men and they should help make this happen?

Can you show one time in its history that the church has banned incest?

Thanks, FD.

Alevine, FGM is pre-Islamic. Cleopatra was circumcised. To my knowledge, there is no Islamic ritual for FGM. African Christians do it.

FGM is understood in the places it's performed as a cultural phenomenon, and not religious. The same applies for male circumcision, despite it being a Muslim practice.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #122 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 11:58am

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:40am:
freediver wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:29pm:
Quote:
Oh deary me - thats just a flat out lie FD. Doesn't that bother you?

Lets start from the top again: do you concede that you are the only one who has ever made this about jews?

Still going on about the Jews eh? Why is it the Jews bit and not the mindless collective of traitors bit that you keep complaining about?

Were they mindless?

Were they a collective?

Were they treacherous?

Were they Jewish?

Do you believe muslims today are a mindless collective?

Quote:
Why bother? You don't even need me to say it - you just lie about what I say anyway.

If you gave your own answer, it would make it a bit harder for me to 'lie', wouldn't it?

Wow so much obfuscation to excuse porkies.

FD - very simply, do you understand this is a flat out lie:

freediver wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 1:36pm:
You justified Muhammad's genocide by describing them as a mindless collective of treacherous Jews.

?

Does that not bother you?

Were they mindless?

Were they a collective?

Were they treacherous?

Were they Jewish?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #123 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:17pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:32am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 8:27pm:
Of course I couldn't possibly suggest that the existence of incest in areas neighbouring arab countries casts doubt on the "Islam made them do it" argument could I? That would be not caring, I guess.

I'm sure the animists made them do it.  Or perhaps the Canadian Yids? Karnal?

Casting doubt would be offering an alternative explanation for the behaviour, not simply pointing out that other religions/beliefs may cause similar behaviour.  No one ever said that incest was solely an issue for islam.  Simply stupendous reasoning, gandalf. Sorry, but it really is.

Sorry Alevine, I don't think I'm getting through.

To put it as plainly as I can - what I'm trying to say is that the "stupendous" argument is the one that assumes that religion - any religion - is to blame for incest.

Why?

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

moses
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #124 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:57pm

karnal Today at 9:41am

Quote:

Incest was prohibited as one of the earliest Hebrew teachings:

Leviticus says:
Quote:
18:6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
18:7 The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
18:8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
18:9 The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
18:10 The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
18:11 The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
18:12 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
18:13 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
18:14 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
18:15 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
18:16 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
18:17 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
18:18 Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
18:19 Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
18:20 Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto

I'd say near of kin to you means just that, don't practice incest.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #125 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 5:35pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:41am:

Ah of course, the region must have always lacked in numbers of men and women who weren't related to each other!  That must be the cause. Yes, karnal?

Not at all. The region has always married off daughters to family members. This keeps wealth within the clan. This is far older than Islam, as every schoolboy knows.

Ahhh, and the reason the region has decided to uphold a medieval culture? Well, except Israel of course.

Oh so then it is because of religion, but only amongst Orthodox Jews? In the rest of the Arab world it's not Islam, it's a medieval practice they've never really been able to shake off. Probably because but of the Jews. But only the religious ones. Yes, karnal?

Thanks, Alevine. You've moved on from blaming Islam to religions, eh? You've got to blame someone, I guess.

I never said incest was solely an issue for Islam. But it definitely is yet another issue with Islam, that makes this particular religion nothing more than a basket case of bad ideas.  Incest, rape, FGM, child marriage, the list of stupid crap that plagues the muslim world doesn't seem to end. 

But it must all be because of medieval practices before the time of Islam. Because you know... it can't possibly be the result of behaviour being taught by the interpretations of archaic musings of a warlord.

All of the things you mentioned are factors in other religions, yes? And not practised by all Muslims or spoken on the Quran?

Muhammad had sex with his relatives. Therefor Muslims cannot say that incest is either immoral or stupid or unnatural. This has very real implications for medical professionals trying to discourage incest in Muslim countries. The religion is a minefield for them. Islam does not just happen to coincide with incest. It actually causes it.

Jesus did not. At various times in history the church has officially banned incest, up to limits so absurd (ie sharing a common ancestor up to 6 to 10 generations back) that it became a genuine burden to keep track of.

There are plenty of other similar issues, and the fact that Muhammad was a political, military and religious leaders means all the political, military and religious crap from 7th century Arabia now has the seal of approval from Islam. Sex slavery, dictatorship, slaughtering innocent people on the weakest of pretexts etc. Incest is the least of Islam's problems. At least it is voluntary.

Quote:
I, as a feminist, fully support all women in their representation of their beliefs ...

Even if they are idiots and their beliefs and representations undermine women's rights?

Even if their beliefs are that non-Muslim women should become sex slaves for Muslim men and they should help make this happen?

Thanks, FD.

Alevine, FGM is pre-Islamic. Cleopatra was circumcised. To my knowledge, there is no Islamic ritual for FGM. African Christians do it.

FGM is understood in the places it's performed as a cultural phenomenon, and not religious. The same applies for male circumcision, despite it being a Muslim practice.

Oh Karnal, we've been through this time and again. Yes, FGM may date back to before Mohammad.  But that doesn't mean that the behaviour today is because Cleopatra was circumsised, Perhaps it has something to do with some of the lovely hadiths mmm?  And I think you ought to go look at the statistics again, mr statistician. You'll find that *predominately* this sickness inflicts the muslim world.  Just ask mothra if you can't find them, I think she'll go telling you the last predominately 'christian' country to have widespread FGM that she tried to tell us about was actually predominately muslim.  And I think you'll also find that within African countries with predominately christian faith, the FGm that exists happens to be within the minority muslim population.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #126 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:37pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:17pm:
Why?

You really didn't consider an alternative to "Its all Islam's fault" did you?

Now thats what I call "stupendous".

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #127 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:01pm

moses wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:57pm:
karnal Today at 9:41am

Quote:

Incest was prohibited as one of the earliest Hebrew teachings:

Leviticus says:
Quote:
18:6 None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
18:7 The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
18:8 The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.
18:9 The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.
18:10 The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.
18:11 The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
18:12 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.
18:13 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.
18:14 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.
18:15 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.
18:16 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.
18:17 Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
18:18 Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
18:19 Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
18:20 Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.
18:21 And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the LORD.
18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.
18:23 Neither shalt thou lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith: neither shall any woman stand before a beast to lie down thereto

I'd say near of kin to you means just that, don't practice incest.

I'd say so too, Moses. Well, sort of.

But can you say where the church banned incest?

Help FD out. He doesn't answer questions.

Freeeedom, innit.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #128 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:08pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 5:35pm:
Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:41am:

Quote:

Thanks, FD.

Oh Karnal, we've been through this time and again. Yes, FGM may date back to before Mohammad.  But that doesn't mean that the behaviour today is because Cleopatra was circumsised, Perhaps it has something to do with some of the lovely hadiths, mmm?.

Then we agree.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #129 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:54pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 7:37pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 3:17pm:
Why?

You really didn't consider an alternative to "Its all Islam's fault" did you?

Now thats what I call "stupendous".

I'm more curious why you think religion can't cause a behaviour. Grin  Stupdenous, gandalf, stupendous.

So do tell us, if I can't say that a religion, which people rely on to make their 'moral' decisions on, and which clearly stipulates that incest is A-OK, is the cause, then what else is it? Perhaps Cleopatra?   Karnal - did cleopatra have incestous relationships? I mean, given how completely relevant Cleopatra is to today's world I can see in plain daylight why people would still follow in her footsteps.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:01pm by sir prince duke alevine »  

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #130 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:58pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:08pm:
Oh Karnal, we've been through this time and again. Yes, FGM may date back to before Mohammad.  But that doesn't mean that the behaviour today is because Cleopatra was circumsised, Perhaps it has something to do with some of the lovely hadiths, mmm?.

Then we agree.
[/quote]

Check the stats yet, Karnal?

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #131 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:59pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:58pm:

Then we agree.

Check the stats yet, Karnal? [/quote]

Which stats, Alevine?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #132 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:01pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 8:59pm:

Then we agree.

Which stats, Alevine? [/quote]
Less cutting and pasting, Karnal Wink  Take the blinkers off.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #133 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:06pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:01pm:

Then we agree.

Which stats, Alevine?

Less cutting and pasting, Karnal Wink  Take the blinkers off. [/quote]

Sorry? Which stats?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #134 - Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:09pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:06pm:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Aug 31st, 2017 at 9:01pm:

Then we agree.

Which stats, Alevine?

Less cutting and pasting, Karnal Wink  Take the blinkers off.

Sorry? Which stats? [/quote]
have another read, Karnal. And a chat with mothra, she'll help you out.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 41
Send Topic Print