Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What God would actually say... (Read 1230 times)
Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

What God would actually say...
May 30th, 2017 at 3:36pm

I will outline verses in the Quran and in other scriptures, and then write below what I believe God would say in such circumstances. This is to show that such verses, the original ones, are made by human hand, and are not divine.

1) The Quran, Surah 2:19:

"And kill them wherever you overtake them and expel them from wherever they have expelled you, and fitnah is worse than killing. And do not fight them at al-Masjid Haram until they fight you there. But if they fight you, then kill them. Such is recompense of the disbelievers.

God would actually say: "And defend yourselves in your homes and communities; dig trenches and forts if necessary so that you are not in a vulnerable position. And if they come to you them first fire a warning-shot at them, or seek to negotiate with them just terms; but if they refuse in all cases, and they are the aggressors, then fight them in self-defense, being careful to not slay a person, but wound them or incapacitate them; but if you unfortunately do take a life, then pray to God and give zakat, and ensure a proper a burial for that person; and visit their family (if they are willing) and apologize to them; for although they do not believe and behave in a righteous manner, they are one of My creation, and you must respect them."

2) Numbers, 2:13 - 18:

13 Moses, Eleazar the priest and all the leaders of the community went to meet them outside the camp.

14 Moses was angry with the officers of the army—the commanders of thousands and commanders of hundreds—who returned from the battle.

15 “Have you allowed all the women to live?” he asked them.
16 “They were the ones who followed Balaam’s advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, so that a plague struck the Lord’s people.
17 Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man,
18 but save for yourselves every girl who has never slept with a man.

God would say: "5 - 'Have you allowed the women to live?" He asked them.  'If so, then you have transgressed, for you should have also let as many men as possible live too. 16 - Even though they followed Balaam's advice and enticed the Israelites to be unfaithful to the Lord in the Peor incident, which caused a plague to strike the Lord's people, they are the worst off for committing evil for their actions, for they are not in line with God's nature and they are only seeking to retain their animalistic features, and not evolve into something better, for the greater good of humanity and society for which they shall have the burden. 18 - now save the boys, and the rest of the people, and do not disrespect or touch any woman, for Lust is not a Godly attribute."

3) Al-Nisa 4:34:

"Men are in charge of women by right of what God has given one over the other and what they spend (for maintenance) from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in the husband's absence what God would have them guard. But those (wives) from whom you fear arrogance - first advise them; then if they persist, forsake them in bed; and finally, strike them. But if they obey you (once more), seek no means against them. Indeed, God is ever Exalted and Grand.

God would say instead: "Men and women are equal in in the eye's of the God and in the laws of the land; and although men and women are different biologically, neither is superior over the other; but men, be aware, that ye are more animal than the woman, for more among you are those who commit crimes and violence as compared to women, so learn from women; and less they have to learn from you. Violence against women is unacceptable, irrespective of the reason, and likewise against men for women. Relationships should be based on trust and respect, not fear and intimidation."

The Progressive President

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: What God would actually say...
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2017 at 3:48pm

I really don't think YOU should be 2nd guessing God.
You've already shown little understanding of life, death and life's lessons.

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #2 - May 30th, 2017 at 3:56pm

Grendel wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 3:48pm:

Do you think that you shouldn't question religious beliefs and propositions? Why would God give you the ability to think rationally if He didn't want to you to.

How so?

IP Logged

Auggie
Gold Member

The Bull Moose

Reply #3 - May 30th, 2017 at 3:59pm

Are you saying that God wouldn't actually say any of these things?

IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #4 - May 30th, 2017 at 5:19pm

Auggie wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 3:56pm:

Do you think that you shouldn't question religious beliefs and propositions?
NO obviously they are there to be questioned.

Why would God give you the ability to think rationally if He didn't want to you to.
Rational, is in the eye of the beholder as they say.  Some people add 2 and 2 and come up with 5.

How so?
Sorry, but that would be a very very long dissertation.  So far you did not look at the Indian Genocide, nor the alternate theory behind Islam I pointed you to. So telling you God is "unknowable" and that most people will fail miserably when it comes to trying to think like an omnipresent, omnipotent, omniscient, entity probably won't help.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #5 - May 30th, 2017 at 6:36pm

Thanks Aug. It's nice to have someone here who can speak on behalf of God, and it's refreshing to have this coming from an atheist. I'd like to bring your attention to Gandalf's claims that he is an Islamic reformer. You should try to get him to incorporate some of your changes. Then we will have world peace.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Grendel
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #6 - May 30th, 2017 at 8:14pm

Auggie wrote on May 30th, 2017 at 3:59pm:

Are you saying that God wouldn't actually say any of these things?

Personally I don't think Christ or God would say any of those things.
I suggest you give up....  there are so many holes in your ideas and they are so narrow-minded.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print