Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Send Topic Print
Islam Is Compatible With Women’s Rights (Read 27110 times)
mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Islam Is Compatible With Women’s Rights
Reply #60 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:26pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:19pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:08pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:07pm:
miketrees wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 7:22pm:
As a young girl, Malala Yousafzai defied the Taliban in Pakistan and demanded that girls be allowed to receive an education. She was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman in 2012, but survived and went on to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

QUOTES
“If I win Nobel Peace Prize, it would be a great opportunity for me, but if I don't get it, it's not important because my goal is not to get Nobel Peace Prize, my goal is to get peace and my goal is to see the education of every child.”
—Malala Yousafzai

Synopsis

Malala Yousafzai was born on July 12, 1997, in Mingora, Pakistan. As a child, she became an advocate for girls' education, which resulted in the Taliban issuing a death threat against her. On October 9, 2012, a gunman shot Malala when she was traveling home from school. She survived, and has continued to speak out on the importance of education. She was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 2013. In  2014,  she was nominated again and won, becoming the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

Thank you Mike. A wonderful example of a Muslim feminist.

More like an excellent example of islamist retribution.

You wouldn't see an atheist doing this sh1t,

You have only shown what happens when women 'step out of line' nothing more

Why would you try to diminish the great work and wonderful representation Malala is now doing by reducing her to victim status?

That's the absolute opposite of feminism.

She is a proud and spectacular example of Muslim feminism. All of your ignorance and bigotry cannot take that away fro her.

Is english not your first fkken language?

I know you refuse to confirm whether you are mentally retarded or not, but your replies tend to indicate a serious level of retardation.

For those who are not a total fkken retard they would have read and understood the comment was directed at the muslim scumbags NOT at Malala

But because you are a retarded crnt. you deliberately misrepresented what I said.

Well done fkkhead, no wonder you are treated like a syphilitic leper by the members of this board.  Smiley Smiley

Once again, BigOl resorts to abuse when he has been bested. You really need to find a new tack. This one just humiliates you, even more than your chronic lack of analytical skills do.

You said .. and i quote:

"You have only shown what happens when women 'step out of line' nothing more", thus reducing her to victim status.

I countered by saying Malala is indeed much more than what happened to her when she "stepped out of line". She has contnued on to excellence.

This really shouldn't need to be explained o you but fortunately for you, ii am the mother of a young child and understand how to transmit information in a way that is easy to understand ... although you really should have remembered what you just typed, Could have saved all this bandwidth.

If you can't be a good example, you have to be a horrible warning.

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #61 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:29pm

freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:21pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:17pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:15pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:00pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:55pm:
freediver wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
These People Are Showing That Islam Is Compatible With Women’s Rights

TUNIS, Tunisia — A group of 30 imams and Islamic scholars, both men and women, recently gathered around a table to do something historic. Our goal is to find a better way forward for women and girls and to inoculate radicalism in a Muslim country that has, for hundreds of years, been a model progressive nation.

Can you give some examples of how Tunisia has been a model progressive country for hundreds of years? Slavery persisted there until the beginning of the 20th century, despite the best efforts of the French. Is it only progressive when compared to other Muslim countries, many of which still practice slavery under the approval of Islam?

Did you read this before posting Mothra? Did you hear a little voice inside you saying 'bullshit'?

Not at all FD. Tunisia is every bit as progressive towards women as Australia. Women have been specifically represented by laws for decades.

How long have women been specifically represented by law in Australia, FD?

I didn't realise we had separate laws for women Mothra.

Can you explain how Tunisia has "for hundreds of years, been a model progressive nation"?

So this is you confirming that you can't google then.

I did google it. The first thing I found was that slavery persisted there until the beginning of the 20th century, despite the best efforts of the French. Can you explain how you go from there, to Tunisia has "for hundreds of years, been a model progressive nation"?

Do you consider slavery to be a progressive model?

I'm not particularly interested in indulging you and your obvious design to railroad this thread and divert it from it's intended purpose, PD. It is noted, however, that you have been unable or unwilling to post on-topic.

I'll leave you with this though. Do we currently have slavery in Australia?

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #62 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:35pm

mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:26pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:19pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:11pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:08pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 9:07pm:
miketrees wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 7:22pm:
As a young girl, Malala Yousafzai defied the Taliban in Pakistan and demanded that girls be allowed to receive an education. She was shot in the head by a Taliban gunman in 2012, but survived and went on to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

QUOTES
“If I win Nobel Peace Prize, it would be a great opportunity for me, but if I don't get it, it's not important because my goal is not to get Nobel Peace Prize, my goal is to get peace and my goal is to see the education of every child.”
—Malala Yousafzai

Synopsis

Malala Yousafzai was born on July 12, 1997, in Mingora, Pakistan. As a child, she became an advocate for girls' education, which resulted in the Taliban issuing a death threat against her. On October 9, 2012, a gunman shot Malala when she was traveling home from school. She survived, and has continued to speak out on the importance of education. She was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 2013. In  2014,  she was nominated again and won, becoming the youngest person to receive the Nobel Peace Prize.

Thank you Mike. A wonderful example of a Muslim feminist.

More like an excellent example of islamist retribution.

You wouldn't see an atheist doing this sh1t,

You have only shown what happens when women 'step out of line' nothing more

Why would you try to diminish the great work and wonderful representation Malala is now doing by reducing her to victim status?

That's the absolute opposite of feminism.

She is a proud and spectacular example of Muslim feminism. All of your ignorance and bigotry cannot take that away fro her.

Is english not your first fkken language?

I know you refuse to confirm whether you are mentally retarded or not, but your replies tend to indicate a serious level of retardation.

For those who are not a total fkken retard they would have read and understood the comment was directed at the muslim scumbags NOT at Malala

But because you are a retarded crnt. you deliberately misrepresented what I said.

Well done fkkhead, no wonder you are treated like a syphilitic leper by the members of this board.  Smiley Smiley

Once again, BigOl resorts to abuse when he has been bested. You really need to find a new tack. This one just humiliates you, even more than your chronic lack of analytical skills do.

You said .. and i quote:

"You have only shown what happens when women 'step out of line' nothing more", thus reducing her to victim status.

I countered by saying Malala is indeed much more than what happened to her when she "stepped out of line". She has contnued on to excellence.

This really shouldn't need to be explained o you but fortunately for you, ii am the mother of a young child and understand how to transmit information in a way that is easy to understand ... although you really should have remembered what you just typed, Could have saved all this bandwidth.

You are the apologist for muslim extremists, why the fkk are you try to back tracking now?

As a filthy scumbag liar your should be used to being held to account of misrepresenting other peoples statements.

Check the fkken highlight for the point of my statements, you fkking liar.

No wonder your support greg  you piece of poo sub human.  Smiley Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #63 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:38pm

The only one "backtracking" BigOl, is you.

And you backtracked yourself right into a corner.

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #64 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:05pm

mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:38pm:

Yeah, good one fkkhead

Fkken apologist

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:44pm

mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:29pm:

TUNIS, Tunisia — A group of 30 imams and Islamic scholars, both men and women, recently gathered around a table to do something historic. Our goal is to find a better way forward for women and girls and to inoculate radicalism in a Muslim country that has, for hundreds of years, been a model progressive nation.

Can you give some examples of how Tunisia has been a model progressive country for hundreds of years? Slavery persisted there until the beginning of the 20th century, despite the best efforts of the French. Is it only progressive when compared to other Muslim countries, many of which still practice slavery under the approval of Islam?

Did you read this before posting Mothra? Did you hear a little voice inside you saying 'bullshit'?

Not at all FD. Tunisia is every bit as progressive towards women as Australia. Women have been specifically represented by laws for decades.

Can you explain how Tunisia has "for hundreds of years, been a model progressive nation"?

I did google it. The first thing I found was that slavery persisted there until the beginning of the 20th century, despite the best efforts of the French. Can you explain how you go from there, to Tunisia has "for hundreds of years, been a model progressive nation"?

I'm not particularly interested in indulging you and your obvious design to railroad this thread and divert it from it's intended purpose, PD. It is noted, however, that you have been unable or unwilling to post on-topic.

We do. Big Hole is a perfect example of that tawdry character, the disobedient slave.

She needs to be punished, Mother. A good insertion should do it. Don't let her off your hook, dear.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:48pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 11:05pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 10:38pm:

Yeah, good one fkkhead

Fkken apologist

Such language.

Big Hole 64. The wound that never heals.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Islam Is Not Compatible With Women’s Rights
Reply #67 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:19am

The TRUTH about Islamic Woman's Rights, from someone that actually knows....It's only 5 Minutes...

Brigitte Gabriel on True Women's Rights
Click the Image to Play the Video in a New Tab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTkG6PKnNFw

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:45am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #68 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:33pm

Your opening post, in the opening paragraph, contains a statement that is clearly false. It is so false it is absurd. It demonstrates the moral flexibility required to become a staunch apologist for Islam. When you speak up in defense of Islam, it becomes another opposite day.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #69 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:33pm

mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:01pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 4:53pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:53pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
You are a bloody joke!

"Islam........Women's Rights"

Have you been on the plonk with Cods?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If muslims want it - why not?

These last couple of weeks I have learned a great deal about the power of self delusion. By somehow arguing that 1 Corinthians 10 is not really about compelling women to wear the veil, and to assert their inferior and subservient status to men, FD has demonstrated an extraordinary ability to not only defy what is so clearly written in front of him, but to also reject every single scholarly translation of it.

While it makes me flabbergasted on the one hand, it should also be admired that such amazing feats of mental gymnastics can be achieved.

What needs to be acknowledged here is that christianity - at least in the western world - has become quite progressive on matters related to women and equal rights. Yet here we see in Paul's letters (not just 1 Corinthians 10, there are several others), clear commands to subjugate women and make them subservient to men. FD is not even a christian, yet nonetheless throws himself head first into bible apologism. One can only imagine the sheer will power required of an actual Christian to explain away all the misogyny in their holy book. But power to them I say. Good for them for wanting to bring their scriptures into the 21st century.

As for Islam, I can assure you it is far easier to rationalise the Quran into something that is compatible with Women's rights than it is the bible. So theologically, there really shouldn't be a problem doing it. If it can be done in christianity, it can certainly be done in Islam.

Bollocks.

The Koran is the "final, unalterable and eternal word of Allah".  The Bible is a collection of inspired texts. Nobody claims it to be the final and unalterable word on anything. This makes modernisation, interpretation, reform easy and this is why Christianity is under constant review - something feared and loathed by Muslims because they know that if Christianity has diminished because of modernisation, Islam will disappear in a puff if anything even remotely similar is attempted with the Koran. At least Christianity has love at its core and you can't gainsay that. The texts of Islam have seething rancour and subjugation as their core, covered up by empty and silly incantations of a merciful go who is, in the next breath, declared unfathomable, unknowable, supra-rational, inaccessible.

The whole 'Allah's eternal, unalterable word' hooey has to be thrown overboard. And if that happens and the Koran is subject to intelligent review, it will all be chucked as well as it doesn't stand up to even cursory criticism.

That's why the bearded hordes in pajamas riot and kill at the slightest suggestion of review.  This is where Mohamemd painted you numpties into a corner you cannot escape except by apostasy. The old pryapic monsters has rogered all you Muslims, good and proper,  across the centuries.

Then how, pray tell, do the Imams and Muslims described in the article reconcile women's right's with their faith?

How are there Muslim women who identify as feminists?

They are lying and/or are deluded, just like you.

You cannot simultaneously accept Islam (women are worth half of men) and be a feminist (women have equal dignity).

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #70 - Apr 12th, 2017 at 10:09pm

Abu invented entirely new concepts of respect and women's rights in order to convince people how nice Islam really is. Gandalf on the other hand thinks sex slavery is a form of protective custody and a path to liberation.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 11:59am

freediver wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 6:33pm:

Your opening post, in the opening paragraph, contains a statement that is clearly false. It is so false it is absurd. It demonstrates the moral flexibility required to become a staunch apologist for Islam. When you speak up in defense of Islam, it becomes another opposite day.

Still deflecting on irrelevancies is i see.

But you avoided the question. Do we still have slavery in Australia?

And at what point do you consider Australia became "progressive"?

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #72 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:01pm

Frank wrote on Apr 12th, 2017 at 9:33pm:
mothra wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 5:01pm:
Frank wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 4:53pm:
polite_gandalf wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:53pm:
Fuzzball wrote on Apr 11th, 2017 at 12:26pm:
You are a bloody joke!

"Islam........Women's Rights"

Have you been on the plonk with Cods?

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

If muslims want it - why not?

These last couple of weeks I have learned a great deal about the power of self delusion. By somehow arguing that 1 Corinthians 10 is not really about compelling women to wear the veil, and to assert their inferior and subservient status to men, FD has demonstrated an extraordinary ability to not only defy what is so clearly written in front of him, but to also reject every single scholarly translation of it.

While it makes me flabbergasted on the one hand, it should also be admired that such amazing feats of mental gymnastics can be achieved.

What needs to be acknowledged here is that christianity - at least in the western world - has become quite progressive on matters related to women and equal rights. Yet here we see in Paul's letters (not just 1 Corinthians 10, there are several others), clear commands to subjugate women and make them subservient to men. FD is not even a christian, yet nonetheless throws himself head first into bible apologism. One can only imagine the sheer will power required of an actual Christian to explain away all the misogyny in their holy book. But power to them I say. Good for them for wanting to bring their scriptures into the 21st century.

As for Islam, I can assure you it is far easier to rationalise the Quran into something that is compatible with Women's rights than it is the bible. So theologically, there really shouldn't be a problem doing it. If it can be done in christianity, it can certainly be done in Islam.

Bollocks.

The Koran is the "final, unalterable and eternal word of Allah".  The Bible is a collection of inspired texts. Nobody claims it to be the final and unalterable word on anything. This makes modernisation, interpretation, reform easy and this is why Christianity is under constant review - something feared and loathed by Muslims because they know that if Christianity has diminished because of modernisation, Islam will disappear in a puff if anything even remotely similar is attempted with the Koran. At least Christianity has love at its core and you can't gainsay that. The texts of Islam have seething rancour and subjugation as their core, covered up by empty and silly incantations of a merciful go who is, in the next breath, declared unfathomable, unknowable, supra-rational, inaccessible.

The whole 'Allah's eternal, unalterable word' hooey has to be thrown overboard. And if that happens and the Koran is subject to intelligent review, it will all be chucked as well as it doesn't stand up to even cursory criticism.

That's why the bearded hordes in pajamas riot and kill at the slightest suggestion of review.  This is where Mohamemd painted you numpties into a corner you cannot escape except by apostasy. The old pryapic monsters has rogered all you Muslims, good and proper,  across the centuries.

Then how, pray tell, do the Imams and Muslims described in the article reconcile women's right's with their faith?

How are there Muslim women who identify as feminists?

They are lying and/or are deluded, just like you.

You cannot simultaneously accept Islam (women are worth half of men) and be a feminist (women have equal dignity).

I know it's hard for you to understand Frank but the reality of the situation is that people re capable of interpreting things differently to you.

Staggering, no?

IP Logged

rhino
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:06pm

Sick moment Muslim teacher demonstrates how a man should BEAT women with a stick - as Islamic group says a husband's violence towards his wife is a 'beautiful blessing'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4406670/Muslim-women-demonstrate-husband...

IP Logged

mothra
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:08pm

rhino wrote on Apr 13th, 2017 at 12:06pm:
Sick moment Muslim teacher demonstrates how a man should BEAT women with a stick - as Islamic group says a husband's violence towards his wife is a 'beautiful blessing'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4406670/Muslim-women-demonstrate-husband...

Yes. Barbaric.

Your point?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14
Send Topic Print