Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Bikies busted importing 5000 guns (Read 5589 times)
Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Bikies busted importing 5000 guns
Mar 22nd, 2017 at 8:16pm

They can't stop drugs from being imported what makes anyone think they can stop illegal guns being imported.
au.news.yahoo.com/a/34665572/international-afp-and-us-police-operation-seizes-50...

I guess we can add that shipment to the 5,500 illegal guns that have been seized from bikies in the past 3 years.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Re: Bikies busted importing 5000 guns
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:55am

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 8:16pm:
They can't stop drugs from being imported what makes anyone think they can stop illegal guns being imported.
au.news.yahoo.com/a/34665572/international-afp-and-us-police-operation-seizes-50...

I guess we can add that shipment to the 5,500 illegal guns that have been seized from bikies in the past 3 years.

Well, it is estimated that only about 10% of all incoming sea containers are actually searched by Customs......They're not even x-rayed......  
Source PA21 & PA22
  ........that must have been their lucky day when they "stumbled upon" those guns!
    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Q.  I wonder, if ALL legal firearms were turned over to the police in a massive buyback........how many firearms would still be in Australia?

A.  ALL the ILLEGAL Firearms......according to   
THE AGE
   upwards of 600,000 ILLEGAL Firearms......& growing daily within the 90% of incoming sea containers that will never be searched by Customs.

Source:   
THE AGE
          Quote:
A brazen new breed of criminals is taking up arms at unprecedented rates and they aren't afraid to use them. Read part one of The Age's investigation into how Melbourne became a gun city.

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2017 at 11:19am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:53pm

2002?  Hardly recent.  Tsk, tsk. Oh, and BTW, its "Border Force" now, not Customs...   Roll Eyes

Australian Border Force to spend $11 million upgrading X-ray capabilities

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:46pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:53pm:
2002?  Hardly recent.  Tsk, tsk. Oh, and BTW, its "Border Force" now, not Customs...   Roll Eyes

Australian Border Force to spend $11 million upgrading X-ray capabilities

Source:    
SMH

Quote:
MILLIONS of shipping containers, which in some cases have been used by organised criminal networks to move illegal goods including luxury vehicles, car parts and e-waste, are leaving the nation's ports every year unchecked by customs officials.

A Sun-Herald investigation into maritime container security also revealed that export containers were being packed with goods by workers who have not been required to undergo any background checks.

According to Ports Australia, about 2 million sea freight containers leave Australia every year. Documents obtained under Freedom of Information reveal the number of containers inspected last financial year was 2599. Photo: Janie Barrett

Despite improvements to maritime security over the past few years, including security checks and the introduction of identity cards for dockside workers, experts warn the chain of human supply to the containers continues to pose a threat to maritime security.

Documents obtained by The Sun-Herald under freedom of information laws reveal that the number of containers inspected by the Australian Customs and Border Protection Service has been slashed in the past three years to fewer than 1 per cent.

Out of more than 2 million sea containers leaving Australian ports every year, just 2599 were inspected by customs and border protection officials in 2010-11 compared with 4165 containers in 2008-09. The department seized 40 suspicious containers in the past three years.

A spokeswoman for Customs Service, a federal government agency, said it undertook an intelligence-led, risk-based approach to the assessment of export consignments.

''It is not necessary or appropriate to examine every consignment,'' she said. ''To do so would have a significant and unwarranted impact on Australia's legitimate export trade.''

In its latest annual report, the Customs Service chief executive, Michael Carmody, admitted tight budgets meant concentrating resources on ''high-risk people, goods and environments'' through risk analysis.

''The fiscal environment continues to be tight, which reinforces our adoption and development of risk-based approaches,'' Mr Carmody said in the annual report.

The federal government introduced security checks and identity cards for all dockside workers around the country, but gaps remain in security screening for other workers handling containers, including those who pack them in special yards away from the docks.

An official with the Maritime Union of Australia (MUA), Dean Summers, who is also the International Transport Workers Federation co-ordinator in Australia, warned there were problems with workers who were not subject to any background checks ''stuffing and unstuffing'' containers. ''This area should be security regulated,'' he said.

''We have all these people in packing yards, who are casual staff, some backpackers - it is an unregulated non-unionised workplace where theoretically anyone can be loading containers, and they are much more vulnerable to corruption.

''We need to look closely at who are packing these containers. Wharfies have to undergo comprehensive backgrounds checks, so should they.''

The government was taking action to close the gaps, he added.

A former NSW police assistant commissioner, Clive Small, said agencies had paid little attention to export containers over the years. He said criminals had considered using the method to send large amounts of cash out of the country.

''It is feasible and it can be done. It is a relatively safe method of getting money out of the country, given the small number of containers that are inspected here and at the other end,'' Mr Small said.

''We are not a suspect country and so not a high priority to be searched.''

Crime syndicates have used sea containers as a cheap and easy way to move illegal goods, and know how to route shipments through countries to attract the least attention.

Earlier this year The Sun-Herald reported how e-waste was regularly being shipped out of the country to Asian and African countries.

Pakistan, India, Africa and parts of Asia are among the regions considered particularly high-risk destinations for e-waste.

Criminal gangs were thwarted by NSW police earlier this year from using shipping containers to export luxury cars stolen to order and car parts for lucrative vehicle markets in the Middle East.......Continued

[size=11][font=Georgia][i]
If they don't check a huge percentage of outgoing shipments, it would be logical that incoming shipments suffer similar omissions.

Anything less than 75% inspections would be a real concern.

Unfortunately, I suspect that the agents inspect far less than that.

Enlighten me, please......Hopefully, you have anything proving me incorrect Bwian??

Seems the government doesn't want to be held to any statistical investigations..... To me that means th
« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:21pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 8:08pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Mar 22nd, 2017 at 8:16pm:

But the people will need weapons after the coming nuclear war.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:18pm

2012?  Slightly better but still half a decade out of date...  Tsk, tsk, why do you waste our time with ancient news reports and Parliamentary reports?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #6 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 12:05am

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:18pm:
2012?  Slightly better but still half a decade out of date...  Tsk, tsk, why do you waste our time with ancient news reports and Parliamentary reports?    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

So, what you're sayin' is what you ain't sayin'......you ain't sayin' you have any proof that incoming shipping is anything but porous with contraband.....that the government talks a big talk, but can't guarantee it can keep guns from flowing into Australia because it neither has the funds or the manpower to check incoming containers much more than the 10%......1 in 10......of all incoming shipments.  Roll Eyes

The bikies would gladly give up 5,000 to move 30,000/40,000 illegal weapons right under ABF's noses.....  ...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 3:53pm

Move along folks, move along, just more gun nuttery, you've read it all before.  Can't let sense intrude on American second amendment rights, now can we, despite us not livin' in the good ol' US of A!   Australia's Border Force is screening increasing numbers of shipping containers as we speak.   They are catching drugs and other contraband.   Tsk, tsk, such a lack of faith.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:32pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 3:53pm:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KPmXCf84Ozo/UWGrVhH6nyI/AAAAAAAAAd4/0Xoj4kE1eKg/s72-c/...

.........Australia's Border Force is screening increasing numbers of shipping containers as we speak.   They are catching drugs and other contraband.    Roll Eyes

Anything to back that up (links), or just more of the same 'wishful thinking' plucked out yer ass??

What, interventions up to 15% now..................20%..... oh boy.....No wonder they're catching more contraband....the smugglers know their dismal intervention record, so they are flooding the shipments inbound, knowing upwards of 80% will get by.

Not even a blind man couldn't hit the sweet spots from time to time..........they surely abound.

I noticed you have no proof of your statements.....nor have you mentioned any firearm finds of note......firearms & drugs are coming in, but if you check so few containers, it would stand to reason they already have the agent's screening patterns down pat, & it helps that they probably have people working on the inside to tip them off if need be.

Anyone on the docks can be bought....everyone has a price. Smugglers are in the business of making money, not getting caught, that's why so few do get caught.

I wouldn't be surprised if they even have Border agents on their payrolls.  Roll Eyes

« Last Edit: Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:51pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:38pm

"Bikies busted importing 5000 guns"

Yep. A lot of bikies out there with small penises.

Plus, they're unbelievable cowards.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #10 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:55pm

Panther wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:32pm:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KPmXCf84Ozo/UWGrVhH6nyI/AAAAAAAAAd4/0Xoj4kE1eKg/s72-c/...

.........Australia's Border Force is screening increasing numbers of shipping containers as we speak.   They are catching drugs and other contraband.    Roll Eyes

Anything to back that up (links), or just more of the same 'wishful thinking' plucked out yer ass??

I'm sorry, I don't own a Donkey...    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #11 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 6:57pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:55pm:
Panther wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:32pm:

I'm sorry, I don't own a Donkey...    Roll Eyes

For those following this thread, but not understanding Bwian's "clever" retort/response.....I'll decipher it for you:

Panther:
"Anything to back that up (links), or just more of the same 'wishful thinking' plucked out yer ass??"

Brian Ross:
No, I have nothing, no proof whatsoever... (it becomes abundantly obvious he plucked it directly out his 'bum'/'rectum'/'sphincter'  or as I put it, out his 'ass')

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:45pm

greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:38pm:

Little pecca fritters away his life looking at penises.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:47pm

That's what people say when they go to your forum bwian, a big yawn and they leave.

IP Logged

greggerypeccary
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:47pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 8:45pm:
greggerypeccary wrote on Apr 19th, 2017 at 5:38pm:

Little pecca fritters away his life looking at penises.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

At least I can see mine.

You, not so much    Grin

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print