Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
Four-year-old girl nearly shot... (Read 9254 times)
Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Four-year-old girl nearly shot...
Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:04am

And gun nuts wonder why I don't like them having guns:  Four-year-old girl nearly shot as bullets fly through Arizona shop window...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: Four-year-old girl nearly shot...
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:10am

What price, to maintain liberty, eh ?

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
- Thomas Paine

The balance of power is the scale of peace. The same balance would be preserved were all the world not destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside ... Horrid mischief would ensue were one half the world deprived of the use of them ... the weak will become prey to the strong.
- Thomas Paine

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #2 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:27pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 11:04am:
And gun nuts wonder why I don't like them having guns:  Four-year-old girl nearly shot as bullets fly through Arizona shop window...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

You know I rail against anti-gun hysterics mainly because they either don't know the difference between a 'gun-nut' (as they like to put it) and a fkken criminal committing a crime with a gun or they deliberately interchange the two.
https://www.chandlerpd.com/police-searching-for-shooting-suspect/

This is not a Hunting & Fishing post this is a drive by shooting by a fkken criminal.

You duplicitous clot.  Angry Angry

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #3 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 1:27pm:

You know I rail against anti-gun hysterics mainly because they either don't know the difference between a 'gun-nut' (as they like to put it) and a fkken criminal committing a crime with a gun or they deliberately interchange the two.

This is not a Hunting & Fishing post this is a drive by shooting by a fkken criminal.

Tsk, tsk, it was a shooting by two gun nuts which nearly killed a four year old child.   They had guns because they have a guaranteed "right" to own a gun enshrined in their law foolishly.  When gun nuts realise that is not a means of preventing crime but a means of guaranteeing it, then I can have a conversation with them.    Roll Eyes

Someone said we could not judge a person's Aboriginality on their skin colour.  Why isn't that applied in the matter of Pascoe?  Tsk, tsk, tsk...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #4 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:20pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:03pm:

Tsk, tsk, it was a shooting by two gun nuts which nearly killed a four year old child.   They had guns because they have a guaranteed "right" to own a gun enshrined in their law foolishly.  When gun nuts realise that is not a means of preventing crime but a means of guaranteeing it, then I can have a conversation with them.    Roll Eyes

It was two criminals committing a crime, but our resident anti-gun hysteric decided to place the story in Hunting & Fishing for emotional effect.

Otherwise any overly emotional nut bag could place any serious crime using pretty much any weapon in here. Knives are used in hunting, fishing and stabbing of humans. Are you going to accuse me of being a knife nut, you know because I have at least half a dozen filleting and bait knives in easy reach and I do 'need' them for fishing purposes.

My accusation of duplicitous posting still stands.

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 3:44pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:20pm:

It was two criminals committing a crime, but our resident anti-gun hysteric decided to place the story in Hunting & Fishing for emotional effect.

"Hysteric"?   Really?  You are aware of the original meaning of the term, aren't you, BigOl64?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:
Otherwise any overly emotional nut bag could place any serious crime using pretty much any weapon in here. Knives are used in hunting, fishing and stabbing of humans. Are you going to accuse me of being a knife nut, you know because I have at least half a dozen filleting and bait knives in easy reach and I do 'need' them for fishing purposes.

If you attempt to extol the virtues of knives, other than as tools, BigOl64, I'll call you are "knife-nut" if that floats your boat.   You appear unable or unwilling to distinguish between real law-abiding gun owners and "gun nuts" like the Baron and Co.   Guns are dangerous tools and should be treated with caution and be used only by licensed gun owners who need them to do a particular job which cannot be accomplished by other means.   These two fellows decided to settle an argument it seems with the use of a firearm, nearly killing a four year child.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

No "duplicity" on my part, BigOl64.  This is the forum that has become the place to discuss gun issues.  I posted this here because it was appropriate.   I'm actually tired of arguing with gun nuts.   Australia has taken IMHO the right course and restricted ownership as to the type and the reasons why people can own guns.   At the present moment, it appears to have short-circuited the irrational gun nuts who used to go out and murder dozens of their fellow Australians.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #6 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 4:45pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
BigOl64 wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 2:20pm:

"Hysteric"?   Really?  You are aware of the original meaning of the term, aren't you, BigOl64?  Tsk, tsk.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

If you attempt to extol the virtues of knives, other than as tools, BigOl64, I'll call you are "knife-nut" if that floats your boat.   You appear unable or unwilling to distinguish between real law-abiding gun owners and "gun nuts" like the Baron and Co.   Guns are dangerous tools and should be treated with caution and be used only by licensed gun owners who need them to do a particular job which cannot be accomplished by other means.   These two fellows decided to settle an argument it seems with the use of a firearm, nearly killing a four year child.    Roll Eyes

Quote:

No "duplicity" on my part, BigOl64.  This is the forum that has become the place to discuss gun issues.  I posted this here because it was appropriate.   I'm actually tired of arguing with gun nuts.   Australia has taken IMHO the right course and restricted ownership as to the type and the reasons why people can own guns.   At the present moment, it appears to have short-circuited the irrational gun nuts who used to go out and murder dozens of their fellow Australians.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I think I found the problem.

You think a gun nut is criminal who uses a gun to commit serious crimes as is the case here and regularly misuse the term to apply to other people who are not. Where I just see them as some overly enthusiastic gun owner.

A criminal is a criminal and that is all there is. Keep the criminal stuff out of the hunting and fishing thread and you will get less push-back an more focus on what it was you want to highlight. Something you have not achieved because of your weird hatred / fear of guns and misapplication of term gun nut.

So a gun nut is an overly enthusiastic enthusiast much like a fan-boy and a criminal is a criminal, they are not the same.

Hysteria = madness of the womb - from the greek for uterus   So yeah I know what it means  Smiley Smiley

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #7 - Apr 14th, 2017 at 7:08pm

BigOl64 wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 4:45pm:
I think I found the problem.

You think a gun nut is criminal who uses a gun to commit serious crimes as is the case here and regularly misuse the term to apply to other people who are not. Where I just see them as some overly enthusiastic gun owner.

A criminal is a criminal and that is all there is. Keep the criminal stuff out of the hunting and fishing thread and you will get less push-back an more focus on what it was you want to highlight. Something you have not achieved because of your weird hatred / fear of guns and misapplication of term gun nut.

So a gun nut is an overly enthusiastic enthusiast much like a fan-boy and a criminal is a criminal, they are not the same.

Gun nuts can include criminals, BigOl64.   Gun nuts are people who believe they have a right to own a gun in Australia.  They don't.  They never have.  They have a privilege and in 1996 the Government reacting to the Port Arthur and other massacres curtailed it.  Gun nuts are fools who believe we have a "second amendment right to keep and bear arms".   We don't, we are not governed by the US Constitution.

Gun nuts are more than just "over-enthusiastic" about gun ownership - they believe we should all have guns to deter criminals.   Unfortunately, they don't think we need any training, nor do we need considerably more discipline than most Australian citizens have at the moment, before we can be allowed loose with a firearm.  Nor do they consider that this would not just be limited to "law abiding firearms owners".   It would mean Australia became awash with firearms and the criminals would be able to access them as well.   The result would be carnage they cannot even imagine.   The US has provided us with a perfect example of where that is true.

Quote:
Hysteria = madness of the womb - from the greek for uterus   So yeah I know what it means  Smiley Smiley

Only problem is, I am not a woman, BigOl64, so I am lacking an essential element in the equation...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #8 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:46am

And gun nuts wonder why I don't like them having gunsFour-year-old girl nearly shot as bullets fly through Arizona shop window...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Big deal, how many kids are nearly run over when crossing the road even after looking both ways?

One nut should not, & will not, affect the Liberty & security of the other 300+ million law abiding American citizens.

Quote:
.......the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

You might not like 'them' having 'their' guns in 'their' Country.....suck it up Princess....you have no say whatsoever on what 'they' can & can't do..... never have, never will.  Wink

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:56am by Panther »  

"When the People fear government there is Tyranny;
When government fears the People there is Freedom & Liberty!"

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #9 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:55am

Panther wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:46am:
Big deal, how many kids are nearly run over when crossing the road even after looking both ways?
[/i][/font][/size]

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #10 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:02am

Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:55am:

I'll bring the marshmallows, & the sticks......we'll sit around that little campfire & enjoy! 
Grin Grin Grin

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Prime Minister for Canyons
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #11 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:24am

Panther wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:02am:
Prime Minister for Canyons wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 9:55am:

https://i.imgsafe.org/557ccab1e3.gif

I'll bring the marshmallows, & the sticks......we'll sit around that little campfire & enjoy! 
Grin Grin Grin

Did that on the weekend. You dont't seem like a caver, so not interested.

In a time of universal deceit — telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

No evidence whatsoever it can be attributed to George Orwell or Eric Arthur Blair (in fact the same guy)

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #12 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:59pm

And gun nuts wonder why I don't like them having gunsFour-year-old girl nearly shot as bullets fly through Arizona shop window...   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

One nut should not, & will not, affect the Liberty & security of the other 300+ million law abiding American citizens.

Quote:

You might not like 'them' having 'their' guns in 'their' Country.....suck it up Princess....you have no say whatsoever on what 'they' can & can't do..... never have, never will.  Wink

Excuses, excuses.  Oh, no, we can't see some people not allowed guns, they have a Constitutional Right to have a gun!   Doesn't matter that they are more dangerous with a firearm, that they endanger the lives of innocents, that they hurt and kill people.  Oh, no, we can't stop them having guns!   You are a gun nut.  You quote long out of date reports and you believe nothing has changed.  Fool.    Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Panther
Gold Member

My Heart beats True for
the Red White & Blue...

Reply #13 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:52pm

Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:59pm:

Quote:

Excuses, excuses.  Oh, no, we can't see some people not allowed guns, they have a Constitutional Right to have a gun!   Doesn't matter that they are more dangerous with a firearm, that they endanger the lives of innocents, that they hurt and kill people.  Oh, no, we can't stop them having guns!   You are a gun nut.  You quote long out of date reports and you believe nothing has changed.  Fool.    Roll Eyes

Any American Citizen who wants to buy a gun, & exercise their Constitutional Right, is able to do so providing they can pass a Comprehensive Background Check assuring they are not a previously convicted violent criminal, or sentenced to over one year in prison.....a "Felon"......& they have also never been diagnosed as having a violent mental illness.....either condition would preclude them from legally purchasing a firearm virtually anywhere in America (the "Black Market" being the street supermarkets of choice for hardened criminals).

If the background check was failed, they are automatically reported to the Federal Authorities, which usually means prison time on the first offense if the findings are validated.

If the Comprehensive Background Check is passed, usually within 1 to 3 days, if they have the funds they can purchase any firearm that they wish (handgun...revolver or semi-automatic....Rifle...single-shot, or semi-automatic) ....or whatever accessories they wish if it's for sale at the location they passed the check in.........

No records, outside of the local shop sales record, is kept regarding the sale. Federal Firearm Ownership Databases are expressly forbidden by law in America, unless it's a highly restricted firearm such as a machine gun...etc, where extensive records are kept in the only legal Federal Database permitted in America.

The American People by & large, accept these facts & procedures, so you not liking their "Rights" is totally immaterial to them...... so, stomp your feet, & scream out loud........it's suck it up fella......because it's not changing in your lifetime Wink

Quote:
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."  -- John F. Kennedy

« Last Edit: Apr 18th, 2017 at 7:06pm by Panther »  

'
Live FREE or DIE!
'

IP Logged

Brian Ross
Gold Member

Representative of me

Reply #14 - Apr 18th, 2017 at 10:39pm

Panther wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
Brian Ross wrote on Apr 18th, 2017 at 4:59pm:

Quote:

Any American Citizen who wants to buy a gun, & exercise their Constitutional Right, is able to do so providing they can pass a Comprehensive Background Check assuring they are not a previously convicted violent criminal, or sentenced to over one year in prison.....a "Felon"......& they have also never been diagnosed as having a violent mental illness.....either condition would preclude them from legally purchasing a firearm virtually anywhere in America (the "Black Market" being the street supermarkets of choice for hardened criminals).

If the background check was failed, they are automatically reported to the Federal Authorities, which usually means prison time on the first offense if the findings are validated.

If the Comprehensive Background Check is passed, usually within 1 to 3 days, if they have the funds they can purchase any firearm that they wish (handgun...revolver or semi-automatic....Rifle...single-shot, or semi-automatic) ....or whatever accessories they wish if it's for sale at the location they passed the check in.........

No records, outside of the local shop sales record, is kept regarding the sale. Federal Firearm Ownership Databases are expressly forbidden by law in America, unless it's a highly restricted firearm such as a machine gun...etc, where extensive records are kept in the only legal Federal Database permitted in America.

The American People by & large, accept these facts & procedures, so you not liking their "Rights" is totally immaterial to them...... so, stomp your feet, & scream out loud........it's suck it up fella......because it's not changing in your lifetime Wink

Quote:
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."  -- John F. Kennedy

Still making excuses.  Still giving reasons why gun nuts can have guns when they are not disciplined enough, not sensible enough, to have a gun.  Tsk, tsk, anything to allow gun nuts to have guns, nothing to ensure the safety of children, the disabled, the aged, innocents who are shot all too often in American streets by gun nuts.    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print