Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
(New) offence of 'strangulation.' (Read 1723 times)
mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: (New) offence of 'strangulation.'
Reply #15 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 4:42pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 2:37pm:
Typical of a leftist government, create a new law making something illegal that is already illegal so they can be seen to be doing something about it.

It does seem to be an exercise in futility.

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #16 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:00pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 12:03pm:
Maqqa wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 10:26pm:
I don't condone violence but lets hear this out

Strangulation is about cutting the air off i.e. to shut her up

Tells me she was probably shooting her mouth off and hitting mental nerves that triggered him

She verbally assault him but he strikes back the best way he knows how.

Everyone knows how words can leave deep emotional scars for years and years.

The other non-lethal ways are

(1) Walk away - but she will continue to shoot her mouth off
(2) Break her jaw
(3) Choke/Knock her out

Like I said - I don't condone violence. Never met a woman I couldn't verbally subdue. But most men do not have the same skills

Whateva maqqa: you obviously are not talking about victims who need to express their nightmares and are just pretending no one is allowed to talk in your presence because you have a big donk or some other dick**** shite like that!

You verbally subdue shite mate: merry christmas  Roll Eyes

I was very specific in my comments

It's verbal abuse followed by physical abuse

I understand if she didn't open her mouth and got choked out then I would say she did not contribute (however minute) to the event

And I am NOT saying she asked for it. I said there's two sides to the coin

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #17 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:05pm

Aussie wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 4:33pm:
cods wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 4:26pm:
Typical of a leftist government, create a new law making something illegal that is already illegal so they can be seen to be doing something about it.

is it called rubber stamping...govt...actually I havent seen where she has done anything to improve their lot up there have you??>...in fact its almost as bland as Victorias news..level crossings are hot news down that way..

and strangulation laws in QLd.. hohum.. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes..

doesnt get any better than that does it?

No it is not cods.  "Rubber stamping" is what occurs, for example, when you have a House of Reps and the Senate all controlled by one of the major parties.  Whatever is passed in the House of Reps is "rubber stamped" by the friendly Senate.

What this is called is far simpler.  It is pathetic political posturing/smoke and mirrors by Government designed to make all the do gooders like Quintin Bryce and the female dominated 'Domestic Violence Crusade Industry' feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves, while at the same doing, doing actually nothing which was not already available.  It is a pathetic stunt, but you watch all the dumb punters fall for it.

QLD - without an upper house - doesnt even need a rubber stamp.

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #18 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:21pm

mariacostel wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:05pm:

is it called rubber stamping...govt...actually I havent seen where she has done anything to improve their lot up there have you??>...in fact its almost as bland as Victorias news..level crossings are hot news down that way..

No it is not cods.  "Rubber stamping" is what occurs, for example, when you have a House of Reps and the Senate all controlled by one of the major parties.  Whatever is passed in the House of Reps is "rubber stamped" by the friendly Senate.

What this is called is far simpler.  It is pathetic political posturing/smoke and mirrors by Government designed to make all the do gooders like Quintin Bryce and the female dominated 'Domestic Violence Crusade Industry' feel all warm and fuzzy about themselves, while at the same doing, doing actually nothing which was not already available.  It is a pathetic stunt, but you watch all the dumb punters fall for it.

THIS is why Arsie has a problem with so many of us.  He ONLY does Queensland State Law.  He has no concept of what happens State by State and little knowledge of Commonwealth Law.

Arts/LAW ... not an LLB  Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:26pm by Neferti »  

IP Logged

Neferti
Gold Member

Canberra
Reply #19 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:23pm

double post

IP Logged

mariacostel
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #20 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:48pm

Neferti wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:21pm:
mariacostel wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:05pm:

THIS is why Arsie has a problem with so many of us.  He ONLY does Queensland State Law.  He has no concept of what happens State by State and little knowledge of Commonwealth Law.

Arts/LAW ... not an LLB  Wink

He's never done Law of any kind other than in the dock. His 'legal expertise' is limited to no more than he can google which is why he gets so much wrong.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #21 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:57pm

Maqqa wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:00pm:
BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 12:03pm:
Maqqa wrote on Nov 29th, 2015 at 10:26pm:
I don't condone violence but lets hear this out

Strangulation is about cutting the air off i.e. to shut her up

Tells me she was probably shooting her mouth off and hitting mental nerves that triggered him

She verbally assault him but he strikes back the best way he knows how.

Everyone knows how words can leave deep emotional scars for years and years.

The other non-lethal ways are

(1) Walk away - but she will continue to shoot her mouth off
(2) Break her jaw
(3) Choke/Knock her out

Like I said - I don't condone violence. Never met a woman I couldn't verbally subdue. But most men do not have the same skills

Whateva maqqa: you obviously are not talking about victims who need to express their nightmares and are just pretending no one is allowed to talk in your presence because you have a big donk or some other dick**** shite like that!

You verbally subdue shite mate: merry christmas  Roll Eyes

I was very specific in my comments

It's verbal abuse followed by physical abuse

I understand if she didn't open her mouth and got choked out then I would say she did not contribute (however minute) to the event

And I am NOT saying she asked for it. I said there's two sides to the coin

This is the politics of it all: maybe she was defending herself verbally from a verbal assault started by the crack-smoking man?

Why would you need to verbally subdue anyone in the first place? I appreciate you are trying to come to terms with a very important problem but the thing is: when people are on drugs they forget who said what ... they don't know what day it is because they've been up for a week etc...

The  most disturbing thing that was said during the QandA special last week was when someone said for any other crime you would just call the cops but when you hear arguing and a noise you decide to wait ten minutes...

That comment speaks to the very difficult nature of being unable to determine who said what first.

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:58pm

as marie points out you dont have a senate.. Grin Grin Grin

not sure what your cracks about domestic violence are for...

and why you dont believe women are the main recipients of it??....followed by children of course..

even with your low opinion of the female sex plus their awful kids... at least dont pretend males are worse off???..

the point a lot of females are trying to make.. and obviously it escapes you..

is to get the message across to VIOLENT thinking  MEN...in the hope they will get themselves seen too before they kill someone...

maybe thats too hard for you to comprehend...

what do you think all males should be incarcerated until they pass a do not TOUCH test?.. Angry Angry

your verbal onslaught regarding women   is something to behold I must say.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #23 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 6:24pm

Quote:
as marie points out you dont have a senate.. Grin Grin Grin

Gee, I never knew that after living my entire life here, being active politically and let's not even bother about 33 years of legal practice.  I'm so glad 'Maria' and you enlightened me.  Thanks......really..............truly..............sincerely.

Quote:
not sure what your cracks about domestic violence are for...

I'm not sure what 'cracks' you are referring to but then again, I often have no idea what you are talking about.

Quote:
and why you dont believe women are the main recipients of it??....followed by children of course..

I know full well that women are more often than not the 'victim,' but while my arse points to the ground, I will never accept that the majority of those women have 'clean hands,' and were victim of unacceptable ugly gratuitous violence.

Quote:
even with your low opinion of the female sex plus their awful kids... at least dont pretend males are worse off???..

You are reverting back to my comments about women (and their kids) I have picked up from refuges here.  There was not one whom any male in his right mind would have anything to do with.  Foul mouthed abusive females and mothers of the first worst order.  Maybe this (here) is where the 'refuge' people dump the worst of that kind.

Quote:
the point a lot of females are trying to make.. and obviously it escapes you..

is to get the message across to VIOLENT thinking  MEN...in the hope they will get themselves seen too before they kill someone...

Fair enough, and my point is that if you poke a bear with a stick, he is going to get cranky.  Two things flow from that.  Don't get involved with a bear in the first place, (you know...'he's a bad boy with a history of violence but I'll sort him out') and if you do, don't poke it with a stick.

Quote:
maybe thats too hard for you to comprehend...

No.  I comprehend it well.  You do not.

Quote:
what do you think all males should be incarcerated until they pass a do not TOUCH test?.. Angry Angry

your verbal onslaught regarding women   is something to behold I must say.

I have zero idea what you are talking about.

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #24 - Nov 30th, 2015 at 8:28pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Nov 30th, 2015 at 5:57pm:
This is the politics of it all: maybe she was defending herself verbally from a verbal assault started by the crack-smoking man?
So all the men that hit are crack-smoking men?

Why would you need to verbally subdue anyone in the first place? I appreciate you are trying to come to terms with a very important problem but the thing is: when people are on drugs they forget who said what ... they don't know what day it is because they've been up for a week etc...
Obviously you have not been on the end of some crazy screaming,  yelling, cursing, false accusation, spit, ranting etc. This person needs to be subdued verbally the same way the police would subdue a crazy person with a taser. This is the second time you mentioned about drugs. When someone is on drugs they also driving and kill people i.e. it affects all parts of life. We are not talking about people out of their minds with drugs. We are talking two people who have pissed each other off in their own way

The  most disturbing thing that was said during the QandA special last week was when someone said for any other crime you would just call the cops but when you hear arguing and a noise you decide to wait ten minutes...

That comment speaks to the very difficult nature of being unable to determine who said what first.

As I said in my other thread - it's complicated. However as a society we only punish physical abuse and not verbal abuse

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print