Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21
Send Topic Print
Executing prisoners of war (Read 97506 times)
Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Re: On Islamic historical sourcing
Reply #225 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 10:27pm

Stratos wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 1:49pm:
Pete Waldo wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 11:36am:
Since you once again ducked the bulk of my post, it would help me understand you, if you could confirm that when you were with (as  memory serves, the AoG) did you ever speak in tongues?

No idea why you would think either of those things, as I have never mentioned being part of an AoG church, or speaking in tongues.

I have never been at a church where tongues were spoken, or attended an AoG service.

Sorry, I must have remembered wrong or mixed you up with somebody. How about have you had any exposure to the New Age movement?

Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believed. ~ William Blake
IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #226 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 10:38pm

Pete Waldo wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 10:27pm:
How about have you had any exposure to the New Age movement?

Not really.  I attended a church for a bit once that "felt" very charistmatic in nature, but there was no faith healing/ tounges /prophecy or the kind of things generally associated with those churches.

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #227 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 11:02pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 1:15pm:
In Pete's defense, the Abraham test pitted his love for his son against his trust in God.

It's so sad you can't see it as a "type" or a foreshadowing, of God sacrificing His only begotten Son our Savior, to rescue all from sin who have faith in His shed blood. Even as you believe in the inverted Muslim concept of martyrdom, from the first drop of blood shed, allowing him to be an intercessor.
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1388584924

Jesus' Hebrew name "Yeshua" means Yahweh saves, delivers or rescues.
God loves us that much.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Just as Strato's posts indicate that he hates God that much.

Trust in God is the most important thing for adherents of all three Abrahamic faiths, and the willingness to put faith in God above everything else - even the love of your own child - is pretty much the end goal. Its not really something a non-adherent observing from the outside can really understand. So with respect stratos, I think it is a little unfair to judge christians (or jews or muslims) for aspiring to put trust and love in God above absolutely everything else.

It's perfectly fair for someone outside the Holy Spirit, that can't see past their own flesh, and this world. That's the whole point. It is a matter of perspective.

1Cr 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

John 3:3 Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Also, in the Quranic version, Abraham actually discussed the proposal with his son, and it was his son who convinced him to do it. I'm not too familiar with the biblical version, but someone here made the case that Isaac was actually a grown man in his 30s.

Whats perhaps more interesting though is the culture of child sacrifice that appears all through the Bible. You may recall the same people here defending Abraham's test were also defending the mass genocide of the Canaanites on the basis that the Canaanites were so barbaric they practiced child sacrifice.

While righteous judgment by a just God was passed on them, it was more about them being eliminated along with their abominations altogether, so that they wouldn't poison God's people either spiritually or physically (as they were likely rife with sexually transmitted diseases along with their diseased spirits).
http://www.brotherpete.com/old_testament_violence.htm

It is all about trusting in God to sort it all out. Someone who believes in God understands that all babies, children, or any others that had been quickened by the Spirit of God into not following in the Canaanites abominations, were saved by being killed - before being indoctrinated into following in those abominations - and are with the Lord today rather than being separated from God forever. God simply accelerated the process of their leaving this world, and perhaps even saved them from a lifetime of suffering the effects of disease.

Numbers 31:19 And do ye abide without the camp seven days: whosoever hath killed any person, and whosoever hath touched any slain, purify [both] yourselves and your captives on the third day, and on the seventh day.

Perhaps as if to suggest, "if ya get any on ya, be sure to wash it off!"

Anyone who criticizes God for eliminating the Canaanites before they poisoned His faithful people, is effectively a champion of perpetuation of sorcery, spiritism, divination, idolatry, incest, pedophilia, adultery, homosexuality, bestiality, ritualistic prostitution, and even sacrifice of children to idols.

There is also a famous story from the bible where one leader found himself in difficulty during one battle, then in desperation promised God that he would sacrifice the first thing that greets him after the battle if He would grant him victory. He won the battle, but to his horror, the first person to greet him was his own daughter.
« Last Edit: Feb 12th, 2014 at 11:26pm by Pete Waldo »  

Truth can never be told so as to be understood and not be believed. ~ William Blake
IP Logged

Stratos
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #228 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 11:09pm

Pete Waldo wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 11:02pm:
It's so sad you can't see it as a "type" or a foreshadowing, of God sacrificing His only begotten Son our Savior, to rescue all from sin who have faith in His shed blood. Jesus' Hebrew name "Yeshua" means Yahweh saves, delivers or rescues.

That's even worse, it means God asked someone to slaughter his son and praised him for his willingness to do so in roder to simply make a point centuries in advance!

as they must have been rife with sexual diseases

The hell did you pull this from?  Is this backed up anywhere?

It is all about trusting in God to sort it all out. Someone who believes in God understands that all babies, children, or any others that had been quickened by the Spirit of God into not following in the Canaanites abominations, were saved by being killed, are with the Lord today. God simply accelerated the process of their leaving this world.

Anyone who criticizes God for eliminating the Canaanites before they poisoned His faithful people, is effectively a champion of perpetuation of sorcery, spiritism, divination, idolatry, incest, pedophilia, adultery, homosexuality, bestiality, ritualistic prostitution, and even sacrifice of children to idols.

You know, it really doesn't matter what you say in defence of your current stance, as your current stance involves killing babies.  Innocent babies, who are guilty of none of the crimes you have listed.

I don't stand on the side of pretty much any of those things (admittedly I don't really care if anyone is involved in sorcery spiritism, idolatry or homosexuality as long as it doesn't hurt anyone), but that doesn't mean I think they deserve to be murdered, geez.

Pete Waldo wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 11:24pm:
Thus killing those Canaanite babies while they were still innocent, was a particularly merciful act

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #229 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 8:13pm

Quote:
Why would that surprise you? I think executing traitors in time of war who are conspiring to commit genocide on your small nation is an excellent example to follow, and I doubt too many people would disagree.

Sure, if you leave out the inconvenient little details, like executing 800 of their relatives and raping the women. And that they were bound captives at the time who posed no immediate threat, and that the war was over, and that Muhammed actually started the war, and that they had not actually committed treason, but had helped Muhammed, and that Muhammed expected them to fight for his new "state" despite openly threatening and preaching anri-Jewish propaganda in the marketplace. Perhaps you attach a different meaning to the word "example".

Quote:
The only people who pretend to disagree is those who cynically use wishy-washy western liberal morals as a tool to smear Muhammad and Islam.

Like not executing prisoners of war? Like not raping all the women?

Quote:
And my point about context is to emphasise the fact that it is not (as you love to claim ad-nauseum) blanket permission or "command" as you originally put it, to go forth and find POWs just so they can be beheaded. It was a drastic action for a most drastic time - and anyone who looks at it honestly and objectively (not you, I know) would concede that it was not a case of a warmongering leader being unnecessary bloodthirsty, but a strong leader doing what he had to do to protect his people and the survival of his fledgling state.

Of course. You have to slaughter people in the interests of the new Islamic state. Nice. Is that also an example you think should be followed? If Muslims today tried to create an Islamic state somewhere and it came under threat, would that justify a similar mass slaughter?

Quote:
Thus it is not even about islamic doctrine - this is not a "sunna" action of Muhammad the religious teacher - it is merely the earthly actions of a statesman protecting his people.

Muhammed's successors liked to take it as a sunna whenever they wanted to slaughter POWs.

Quote:
And I'm not even going to dignify the claim of raping the women with a response.

Why not? Do you think the wives of the men that were slaughtered fell madly in love with the Muslim slaughterers (including Muhammed himself) on the day their husbands heads were removed? Other members have asked you to explain how you could possibly interpret this any way other than rape and sexual slavery. It is a reasonable question given the circumstances it occurred in.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #230 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:03pm

freediver wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 8:13pm:
Quote:
And I'm not even going to dignify the claim of raping the women with a response.

Why not? Do you think the wives of the men that were slaughtered fell madly in love with the Muslim slaughterers (including Muhammed himself) on the day their husbands heads were removed? Other members have asked you to explain how you could possibly interpret this any way other than rape and sexual slavery. It is a reasonable question given the circumstances it occurred in.

Come on FD, why would you doubt that women would desire to have sex with the very men responsible for beheading their innocent, literate, faithful, peaceful, productive husbands, fathers even their little sons and nephews, who raped their little daughters and nieces and sisters and moms?
The Jews of Medina were everything that Muhammad and his band of fellow cutthroat, rapist thieves were not.

Dan 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

For that matter, why would you doubt women would desire to have sex with their captors, even while their husbands were still alive?

Surah 4:24 Also (prohibited are) women already married, except those whom your right hands possess:...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V22qDQqMPL0

Sahih Muslim: "It is permissible to have sexual intercourse with a captive woman after she is purified (of menses or delivery) in case she has a husband, her marriage is abrogated after she becomes captive.

After all, women are just property - just chattel - aren't they? Do you suppose gand's house is titled in both his and his wife's names?

Gand doesn't "dignify" the rape of captives with a response, because he knows that to deny that Muhammad and his boys raped those little Jewish girls and women would be an openly transparent and bold faced lie.
Yet he continues to reject the sinless Messiah and the whole subject of the Gospel - the one true God of the scriptures - as revealed through all of His prophets and witnesses in His 1600 year record to mankind whose people have followed Him through two covenants for 3500 years.
http://www.falseprophetmuhammad.com/jesus_or_muhammad.htm

From Bukhari considered the most "divinely" inspired Hadith collection:

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: that while he was sitting with Allah's Apostle he said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get female captives as our share of booty, and we are interested in their prices, what is your opinion about coitus interrupt us?" The Prophet said, "Do you really do that? It is better for you not to do it. No soul that which Allah has destined to exist, but will surely come into existence. Bukhari B34 #432

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I saw Abu Said and asked him about coitus interruptus. Abu Said said, "We went with Allah's Apostle, in the Ghazwa of Barli Al-Mustaliq and we captured some of the 'Arabs as captives, and the long separation from our wives was pressing us hard and we wanted to practice coitus interruptus. We asked Allah's Apostle (whether it was permissible). He said, "It is better for you not to do so. No soul, (that which Allah has) destined to exist, up to the Day of Resurrection, but will definitely come, into existence." B46 #718

Narrated Ibn Muhairiz: I entered the Mosque and saw Abu Said Al-Khudri and sat beside him and asked him about Al-Azl (i.e. coitus interruptus). Abu Said said, "We went out with Allah's Apostle for the Ghazwa of Banu Al-Mustaliq and we received captives from among the Arab captives and we desired women and celibacy became hard on us and we loved to do coitus interruptus. So when we intended to do coitus interrupt us, we said, 'How can we do coitus interruptus before asking Allah's Apostle who is present among us?" We asked (him) about it and he said, 'It is better for you not to do so, for if any soul (till the Day of Resurrection) is predestined to exist, it will exist." B59 #459

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: We got female captives in the war booty and we used to do coitus interruptus with them. So we asked Allah's Apostle about it and he said, "Do you really do that?" repeating the question thrice, "There is no soul that is destined to exist but will come into existence, till the Day of Resurrection." B62 #137

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: That while he was sitting with the Prophet a man from the Ansar came and said, "O Allah's Apostle! We get slave girls from the war captives and we love property; what do you think about coitus interruptus?" Allah's Apostle said, "Do you do that? It is better for you not to do it, for there is no soul which Allah has ordained to come into existence but will be created." B77 #600

Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: That during the battle with Bani Al-Mustaliq they (Muslims) captured some females and intended to have sexual relation with them without impregnating them. So they asked the Prophet about coitus interruptus. The Prophet said, "It is better that you should not do it, for Allah has written whom He is going to create till the Day of Resurrection." Qaza'a said, "I heard Abu Sa'id saying that the Prophet said, 'No soul is ordained to be created but Allah will create it."  (B93 #506
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:15pm by Pete Waldo »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #231 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 8:06pm

Gandalf could you please elaborate on the Islamic concepts behind this? How much of Muhammed's examples can you discard in this way? In practice, what difference is there between a "sunna" and a something that is merely "a great example to follow"?

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:47am:
And my point about context is to emphasise the fact that it is not (as you love to claim ad-nauseum) blanket permission or "command" as you originally put it, to go forth and find POWs just so they can be beheaded. It was a drastic action for a most drastic time - and anyone who looks at it honestly and objectively (not you, I know) would concede that it was not a case of a warmongering leader being unnecessary bloodthirsty, but a strong leader doing what he had to do to protect his people and the survival of his fledgling state. Thus it is not even about islamic doctrine - this is not a "sunna" action of Muhammad the religious teacher - it is merely the earthly actions of a statesman protecting his people.

The context was Gandalf describing as a "great example to follow" the time when Muhammed and his followers executed 800 Jewish POWs and took their wives as sex slaves.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #232 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:19pm

freediver wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 8:06pm:
Gandalf could you please elaborate on the Islamic concepts behind this?

Sure, its called common sense.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Pete Waldo
Gold Member

Australian Politics

U.S.
Reply #233 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:37pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:19pm:
freediver wrote on Feb 13th, 2014 at 8:06pm:
Gandalf could you please elaborate on the Islamic concepts behind this?

Sure, its called common sense.

I think most civil folks would suggest approval of the false prophet Muhammad and his fellow cutthroat's mass murder, rape and thievery perpetrated against God's literate, faithful, peaceful, productive people - who never struck a blow - indicates more satanic possession than common sense.
Yet you reject the sacrifice of the sinless Messiah, to follow Muhammad alone.
http://www.falseprophetmuhammad.com/jesus_or_muhammad.htm
« Last Edit: Feb 13th, 2014 at 9:43pm by Pete Waldo »  

IP Logged

Adamant
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Brisbane
Reply #234 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 8:34am

Stratos wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:43pm:
Pete Waldo wrote on Feb 10th, 2014 at 10:28pm:
You see? Abraham was a moral man that worked to support himself and his family, and so he didn't have steal the fruit of the labor of others, like a common criminal.

Abraham was a psychopath who was perfectly willing to murder his own son

How could he do anything when he did not exist? He was just a figment of an overripe Jewish writers imagination.

In real life Gandalf is known as Mr 10%

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #235 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 9:41am

Muhammed's successors liked to take it as a sunna whenever they wanted to slaughter POWs.

Really? Please do elaborate FD. Specific examples of Muhammad's successors invoking this "sunna" whenever they slaughtered POWs if you would.

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #236 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 10:09am

polite_gandalf wrote on Feb 14th, 2014 at 9:41am:

Really? Please do elaborate FD. Specific examples of Muhammad's successors invoking this "sunna" whenever they slaughtered POWs if you would.

Wanna murder someone, for the glory of Allah ???

Then you should follow Mohammed's example!

Allah himself, suggests commands that moslems who imitate the behaviour and actions of Mohammed, would be righteous people in his eyes.....

"Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah. "
Koran 33.21

"The people of (the tribe of) Quraiza agreed upon to accept the verdict of Sa'd. The Prophet sent for him (Sa'd) and he came. The Prophet said (to those people), "Get up for your chief or the best among you!" Sa'd sat beside the Prophet and the Prophet said (to him), "These people have agreed to accept your verdict." Sa'd said, "So I give my judgment that their warriors should be killed and their women and children should be taken as captives." The Prophet said, "You have judged according to the King's (Allah's) judgment."
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #008.074.278

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #237 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 1:41pm

Off-Topic replies have been moved to this Topic.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Executing prisoners of war
Reply #238 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 10:13pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banu_Qurayza

In the 8th and early 9th century many Muslim jurists, such as Ash-Shafii, based their judgments and decrees supporting collective punishment for treachery on the accounts of the demise of the Qurayza, with which they were well acquainted.[72]

The Qur'an briefly refers to the incident in Surah 33:26[18] and Muslim jurists have looked upon Surah 8:55-58 as a justification of the treatment of the Banu Qurayza, arguing that the Qurayza broke their pact with Muhammad, and thus Muhammad was justified in repudiating his side of the pact and killing the Qurayza en masse.[50]

Arab Muslim theologians and historians[who?] have either viewed the incident as "the punishment of the Medina Jews, who were invited to convert and refused, perfectly exemplify the Quran's tales of what happened to those who rejected the prophets of old" or offered a political, rather than religious, explanation.[71]

Muhammed engaged in collective punishment. His successors thought this was an excellent example to follow, so they slaughtered Jews too. Gandalf also thinks it was an excellent example to follow, but refuses to explain what he means by that, other than to make up excuses to try to justify what Muhammed did.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Re: Executing prisoners of war
Reply #239 - Feb 14th, 2014 at 10:51pm

So FD no specific examples of Muhmammad's successors a) slaughtering POWs and b) invoking the "sunna" of Muhammad's treatment of the Qurayza as justification then?

freediver wrote on Feb 14th, 2014 at 10:13pm:
In the 8th and early 9th century many Muslim jurists, such as Ash-Shafii, based their judgments and decrees supporting collective punishment for treachery

What has this got to do with slaughtering POWs?

Quote:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 21
Send Topic Print