Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Send Topic Print
Muslim unemployment rates in Australia (Read 54886 times)
Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Muslim unemployment rates in Australia
Reply #210 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:44pm

freediver wrote on Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:11pm:
Quote:
All good points. Nice post - but Liebensraum was all about land and resources as you describe.

There was a bit more to Nazism than Lebensraum. In any case, opposing people like Hitler or Muhammed whose ideology incorporates taking what you please through war and violence is more than just economics.

Oh, yes, effende.  Muhammed invaded Poland, isn’t it.

Do not mention the war!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #211 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:54pm

Quote:
Ah yes, we're back to Abu being the unquestioned authority on Islam again.

So I am either just "blatantly making sh*t up" or insisting Abu is MUhammed? It couldn't possibly be that I am just trying to make sense of all the double speak from Muslims?

Quote:
I don't disagree with that. But you need to make your mind up which criticism you are going to run with.

No I don't. Like I said, either way, Islam looks bad. It just reinforces the lack of any real contribution that Muslims would cling to such a dubious contribution that lead nowhere, except a poem about the supposed inventor breaking his neck.

Quote:
Are you now accepting the possibility that the invention existed, and that it is silly to state that it was "obviously fabricated"? Such a position is silly, given that on any scholarly criteria its reasonable to think that there's a very good chance it did exist - given the primary evidence.

The primary evidence is a single poem mocking the guy in a 700 year period. You spent about a dozen pages insisting I do proper academic referencing. Is this what you meant? Inventing the story of a flying machine from a 700 year old poem?

Quote:
But I have no problem with criticising people (non muslim as well as muslim - why does this have to be a muslim vs non-muslim thing??) - for not building on this achievement and developing aviation far earlier than it was.

Because my original point was that Islam stifles basic science.

Quote:
well you clearly do have a problem - since you are not even attempting to question islam's significant contribution to mathematics

Let's stick to one at a time, shall we? I haven't looked into that one, and don't feel any great urge to unearth yet another Islamic folly.

Quote:
I'm guessing there must be a "point" somewhere in that too, but I can't see it.

My point was that it is an absurd stretch to equate maths and physics in order to make a claim that Islam does not stifle basic science.

Quote:
FD, if only you were there during Einstein's time, you could have told him that all those pesky equations were actually unnecessary

They are unnecessary. Same with Newton's laws, which are usually introduced by explanation rather than by equation. Pick up a physics textbook. It might help you figure out the difference between physics and maths.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #212 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:56pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:44pm:
Quote:
All good points. Nice post - but Liebensraum was all about land and resources as you describe.

There was a bit more to Nazism than Lebensraum. In any case, opposing people like Hitler or Muhammed whose ideology incorporates taking what you please through war and violence is more than just economics.

Oh, yes, effende.  Muhammed invaded Poland, isn’t it.

Do not mention the war!

Muhammed invaded plenty of places Karnal. I think the Nazis actually had higher standards on many aspects of warfare.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #213 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 10:04pm

Quite. The exploitation of the ubermenschen for the war effort is just one example.

The extermination of said underlings another.

Shurely shome mishtake, eh?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #214 - Mar 5th, 2013 at 11:42pm

freediver wrote on Mar 5th, 2013 at 9:54pm:
So I am either just "blatantly making sh*t up" or insisting Abu is MUhammed? It couldn't possibly be that I am just trying to make sense of all the double speak from Muslims?

FD, I just demonstrated how you made sh*t up in relation to the camel urine claim, so how am I supposed to take anything you say seriously regarding what muslims claim?

It just reinforces the lack of any real contribution that Muslims would cling to such a dubious contribution that lead nowhere, except a poem about the supposed inventor breaking his neck.

Muslims don't "cling" to this - as if its the only thing muslims can point to. Muslims "cling" to things a bit more concrete - like their contribution to maths, physics, medicine and the development of the scientific method as we know it today. Actually, I'd only heard about this interesting bit of trivia when you mentioned it - but I'd certainly heard of all the other things I mentioned - and its invariably these things that you'll hear mentioned when people (muslims as well as non-muslims) talk about islam's contribution to science.

The primary evidence is a single poem mocking the guy in a 700 year period. You spent about a dozen pages insisting I do proper academic referencing. Is this what you meant? Inventing the story of a flying machine from a 700 year old poem?

lol - ok FD, if you *STILL* can't figure out the difference between actual historical processes using actual documented evidence and the dog's breakfast attempt at referencing in your wiki page, then there's not much hope for you.

Because my original point was that Islam stifles basic science.

Yes, and feel free any time to transform that into something other than a useless throwaway nothing statement. I think originally it all hinged on your brilliant slam-dunk point about camel urine - but alas that just ended up being yet another case of FD "making sh*t up" - as we already know.

My point was that it is an absurd stretch to equate maths and physics in order to make a claim that Islam does not stifle basic science.

as opposed to inventing what muslims say about camel urine in order to demonstrate how islam is inherently stupid?

They are unnecessary. Same with Newton's laws, which are usually introduced by explanation rather than by equation. Pick up a physics textbook. It might help you figure out the difference between physics and maths.

As if it needs to be spelled out - but just for you FD, those "plain English" parts - aka "physics for dummies", are for the numpties like you and me who don't understand the maths. For actual physicists, its all maths I can assure you. And without islam's contribution to maths, modern physics as we know it would simply not exist.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #215 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 9:36am

Quote:

There was a bit more to Nazism than Lebensraum. In any case, opposing people like Hitler or Muhammed whose ideology incorporates taking what you please through war and violence is more than just economics. What we understand today as economics is actually a rejection of this principle, and is a fundamental shift in thinking that came out of the west and contributed to the advances of the modern world.

Quote:
Bugger the rest of the world, we’ll have a thousand year Reich.

Perhaps Hitler had Muhammed in mind when he said this.

There's no comparison. The posterboys of fundamentalist Islam, the Taliban, are so different to the modernist putsch that was Nazism, it's apples and oranges.

Think - Nazism was tribalism in jackboots. Teutonic ritual in military formation. It was a modern eugenic movement borrowing from the past. It was centralized, systematic and hi-tech. Nazism was the essence of the modern corporate state.

The Taliban ARE the past. The only modern thing about the Taliban are rocket launchers, satellite phones and Kalishnikovs. From what I understand, their organizational structure is essentially tribal.

Values are clearly important in both movements. Obviously, I'd argue against both sets of values, although there's elements of each movement that are positive. The Taliban is a rejection of modernity, consumerism, greed and imperialism. It values simplicity - family values, religious values (to a degree - many in the Taliban are illiterate and uneducated and would never read a Koran - hence the religious imperative to blow things up).

The Nazis liked blowing things up too. They believed war had a social "cleansing" function. War mobilized the population and brought them into the present. For Nazism to work, there had to be a clear and ever-present enemy.

Old boys Nazis argue this all the time. They love Islam because it's an ever-present enemy. The cheese-dealer has argued that Islam is the enemy. It's very purpose is to be the enemy - a very self-serving argument, but one that values war for its own sake.

Perhaps the more fundamentalist schools of Islam share this with Nazism through external jihad. Their's is a "spiritual" battle. For the Nazis, the battle was social and racial. It was about purifying and improving upon the human species - well, the "German blood", anyway. The ignorant view of jihad believes in martyrdom for its own sake - slave morality at its most basic. Both treat individuals as cells in a living body. Both value the willingness to give up your own life for an abstracted and mediated social good. Both cheapen human life and will, if not commodify it.

But as movements, they share very little in terms of objectives or world views.

« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2013 at 9:54am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #216 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 1:23pm

i think the westies need to realize that you'll never beat islam by hating it.
i think after the anti burqa laws in france, a lot of young women who'd never worn one, took it up as an act of defiance.

so, according to chinese philosophy , how do we disable islam.???

quite easy really, 

dont drop bombs, fly over the muslim states in a relentless bombing campaign dropping playboy magazines, modern dvd's (the simpsons translated perhaps)
playstations with cool games, big macs and cans of coke, ice creams, bikinis and lingerie, joggers, jeans etc etc.

the young kids in the madrases will soon abandon the old fuddy duddy taliban elders once they see how fun the west is (its not much fun having a 500 kg bomb dropped on your house Wink, probably just makes you more of a fanatic hay)

IP Logged

Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #217 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 2:55pm

I don't think "off the rails" islamic youth is essentially a westie problem. They seem to be robbing the shite out of the wealthier suburbs. You can ignore it all you want. They won't embrace "OUR" system and thus are poorly educated. But still want what everybody has except they don't want to work for it. That's why so many muslim lebanese youth are into crime.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #218 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:34pm

aquascoot wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 1:23pm:
fly over the muslim states in a relentless bombing campaign dropping playboy magazines, modern dvd's (the simpsons translated perhaps)
playstations with cool games, big macs and cans of coke, ice creams, bikinis and lingerie, joggers, jeans etc etc.

lol aquascoot! Where have you been?

Thats exactly what the west has been doing for the last 50 years.

The rise of the salafists in the last few decades has been to a very large extent a backlash against the "Mc-invasion" of the muslim world.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

aquascoot
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #219 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:41pm

polite_gandalf wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:34pm:
aquascoot wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 1:23pm:
fly over the muslim states in a relentless bombing campaign dropping playboy magazines, modern dvd's (the simpsons translated perhaps)

lol aquascoot! Where have you been?

Thats exactly what the west has been doing for the last 50 years.

The rise of the salafists in the last few decades has been to a very large extent a backlash against the "Mc-invasion" of the muslim world.

gotta get the goodies to the kiddies before they can be brainwashed.
a national curiculum of decadence Wink Wink

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #220 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:55pm

Big Dave wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 2:55pm:
I don't think "off the rails" islamic youth is essentially a westie problem. They seem to be robbing the shite out of the wealthier suburbs. You can ignore it all you want. They won't embrace "OUR" system and thus are poorly educated. But still want what everybody has except they don't want to work for it. That's why so many muslim lebanese youth are into crime.

Robbing? You're saying Muslims are forming gangs of burglars to break into the homes of the wealthy?

Shocking!

Have you contacted Today Tonight with this intel, Big Dave?

IP Logged

Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #221 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 4:36pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 3:55pm:

Robbing? You're saying Muslims are forming gangs of burglars to break into the homes of the wealthy?

Shocking!

Have you contacted Today Tonight with this intel, Big Dave?

I suppose houses getting shot up is a myth too Karnal.

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #222 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 4:53pm

Are sweeping generalisations all you have to offer? Every university campus I've been to has a sizeable, visible Muslim population. There are so many Muslims in Australia that are wonderful contributors to our society - they're certainly over-represented in medicine. Focusing on the criminal element is extremely narrow-minded.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Big Dave
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #223 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 5:12pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Mar 6th, 2013 at 4:53pm:

Are sweeping generalisations all you have to offer? Every university campus I've been to has a sizeable, visible Muslim population. There are so many Muslims in Australia that are wonderful contributors to our society - they're certainly over-represented in medicine. Focusing on the criminal element is extremely narrow-minded.
  My post was directed at "off the rails islamic youth". Can't you read. Did I write 'the whole islamic community"?

IP Logged

warrigal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

australia
Reply #224 - Mar 6th, 2013 at 6:37pm

Well then fix the problem you ignorant bugger Big dave.

If you can create a big enough lie about someone IGNORANT people will bellieve it.

The bigger the Arshole you are on this forum, the more right you have to stay.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Send Topic Print