Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Parallels between Islam and Nazism (Read 22360 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Parallels between Islam and Nazism
Reply #150 - Nov 12th, 2022 at 3:54pm

Quote:
When you demand I provide evidence for the negative of your BS claim - which is exactly what you did - then you are demanding I prove a negative.

No Gandalf, that is not what the term means.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #151 - Nov 15th, 2022 at 2:24pm

freediver wrote on Nov 12th, 2022 at 3:54pm:

What is the negative of your claim FD? Simple - that not all muslims support genocide. If I demonstrate that, as you keep demanding (which I have absolutely no onus to do since the burden of proof is entirely on you and your BS claim), then I have proven the negative of your claim.

You want to know what the term most laughably is not? Asking you to prove your BS and utterly unsupported claim - which is what you claim it to be.

A resident Islam critic who claims to represent western values said:
Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #152 - Nov 20th, 2022 at 10:01am

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 15th, 2022 at 2:24pm:
freediver wrote on Nov 12th, 2022 at 3:54pm:

What is the negative of your claim FD? Simple - that not all muslims support genocide. If I demonstrate that, as you keep demanding (which I have absolutely no onus to do since the burden of proof is entirely on you and your BS claim), then I have proven the negative of your claim.

You want to know what the term most laughably is not? Asking you to prove your BS and utterly unsupported claim - which is what you claim it to be.

You still do not understand what proving a negative statement means Gandalf. Just google it. You are looking silly.

People who can't distinguish between etymology and entomology bug me in ways I cannot put into words.
IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #153 - Nov 22nd, 2022 at 9:26am

freediver wrote on Nov 20th, 2022 at 10:01am:
You still do not understand what proving a negative statement means Gandalf.

You've been prosecuting a "its true because you can't disprove it" defence since the beginning FD. eg:

freediver wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 5:52pm:
I made the claim because you would fail to disprove it, because it is true.

Disprove eh? "Disprove" what exactly FD? Your claim perhaps? Oh golly gosh - that would be to prove the negative of your claim - no? If I produced a single muslim that didn't support genocide - as you kept shrieking at me for over 40 pages - that would be the negative of "all muslims support genocide" - ie "NOT all muslims support genocide" . Are you keeping up FD?

And how on earth could you possibly think this is a logically valid thing to say LOL

Not only is that a clear instance of you demanding I prove a negative (in order to make your claim not true) - it is pretty much the most stupid possible way you could put it.

ahem... On the far side of the moon sits Spongebob's pineapple house. And this is true BECAUSE YOU WILL FAIL TO DISPROVE IT! - says FD with a straight face.

« Last Edit: Nov 22nd, 2022 at 9:33am by polite_gandalf »  

Quote:
Outlawing the enemy's uniform - hijab, islamic beard - is not depriving one's own people of their freedoms.

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #154 - Nov 22nd, 2022 at 9:45am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 9:12am:
freediver wrote on Jun 1st, 2012 at 8:56am:
Hitler was very popular in the Muslim countries and they eagerly jumped on his bandwagon and fought for him. They did not go through the same sense of repulsion that the west did after WWII. This is reflected in their continuing antagonism towards Jews. The 'global Jewish conspiracy' BS is very popular among modern Muslims and is pretty much identical to the Nazi propaganda. I think Falah or Abu even posted here about the protocols of the elders of Zion.

However, where I think the parallel is strongest is in how Sunni Muslims (eg ABu and Falah) want to solve the 'Shite problem'.

You really hate muslims dont you. Hitler didnt like anyone that wasnt true blood german. It wasnt just about jews. In fact it wasnt even really about religion since he was xtian and xtians supposedly like jews.

SOB

Nonsense.

Both Hitler and Himmler had a soft spot for Islam. Hitler several times fantasized that, if the Saracens had not been stopped at the Battle of Tours, Islam would have spread through the European continent—and that would have been a good thing, since “Jewish Christianity” wouldn’t have gone on to poison Europe. Christianity doted on weakness and suffering, while Islam extolled strength, Hitler believed. Himmler in a January 1944 speech called Islam “a practical and attractive religion for soldiers,” with its promise of paradise and beautiful women for brave martyrs after their death. “This is the kind of language a soldier understands,” Himmler gushed.

Surely, the Nazi leaders thought, Muslims would see that the Germans were their blood brothers: loyal, iron-willed, and most important, convinced that Jews were the evil that most plagued the world. “Do you recognize him, the fat, curly-haired Jew who deceives and rules the whole world and who steals the land of the Arabs?” demanded one of the Nazi pamphlets dropped over North Africa (a million copies of it were printed). “The Jew,” the pamphlet explained, was the evil King Dajjal from Islamic tradition, who in the world’s final days was supposed to lead 70,000 Jews from Isfahan in apocalyptic battle against Isa—often identified with Jesus, but according to the Reich Propaganda Ministry none other than Hitler himself. Germany produced reams of leaflets like this one, often quoting the Quran on the subject of Jewish treachery.
https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/arts-letters/articles/nazi-romance-with-islam

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #155 - Nov 23rd, 2022 at 7:09am

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 22nd, 2022 at 9:26am:
freediver wrote on Nov 20th, 2022 at 10:01am:
You still do not understand what proving a negative statement means Gandalf.

You've been prosecuting a "its true because you can't disprove it" defence since the beginning FD. eg:

freediver wrote on May 16th, 2019 at 5:52pm:

Disprove eh? "Disprove" what exactly FD? Your claim perhaps? Oh golly gosh - that would be to prove the negative of your claim - no? If I produced a single muslim that didn't support genocide - as you kept shrieking at me for over 40 pages - that would be the negative of "all muslims support genocide" - ie "NOT all muslims support genocide" . Are you keeping up FD?

And how on earth could you possibly think this is a logically valid thing to say LOL

Not only is that a clear instance of you demanding I prove a negative (in order to make your claim not true) - it is pretty much the most stupid possible way you could put it.

ahem... On the far side of the moon sits Spongebob's pineapple house. And this is true BECAUSE YOU WILL FAIL TO DISPROVE IT! - says FD with a straight face.

Would you like to explain what you think the term "to prove a negative" means?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #156 - Nov 24th, 2022 at 7:54am

To prove the negative of the claim. Its rather self explanatory.

For example - take a claim: "all muslims support genocide". The negative of that claim is "not all muslims support genocide." Agreed? You demanding that I provide proof that not all muslims support genocide (in direct response to your claim) - is the most clear cut case of demanding to prove a negative imaginable.

Quote:

IP Logged

Frank
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #157 - Nov 24th, 2022 at 7:58am

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 24th, 2022 at 7:54am:

For example - take a claim: "all muslims support genocide". The negative of that claim is "not all muslims support genocide." Agreed? You demanding that I provide proof that not all muslims support genocide (in direct response to your claim) - is the most clear cut case of demanding to prove a negative imaginable.

Or 'Muslim do not support all genocides'.

Estragon: I can’t go on like this.
Vladimir: That’s what you think.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #158 - Nov 26th, 2022 at 9:47am

polite_gandalf wrote on Nov 24th, 2022 at 7:54am:

That is not what it means Gandalf.

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #159 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 10:09am

Your response to me asking (reasonably) for proof of your hysterical claim that "all muslims support genocide" - is to demand I come up with evidence that it is not so.

Thats the simple fact of the matter FD. You call it what you want - on planet earth we  call it a 'proving a negative' fallacy. Its also exceedingly stupid, as articulated by yourself:

Quote:

I made the claim bcause you would fail to disprove it

Let that sink in for a moment.

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #160 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 10:35am

Quote:
You call it what you want - on planet earth we  call it a 'proving a negative' fallacy.

Can you explain this fallacy?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #161 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 1:33pm

the fallacy is the idea that you have no burden of proof for making your BS claim - and in fact its my burden to disprove it.

you somehow think the BS claim "all muslims support genocide" stands true simply because I can't prove the opposite (negative). You said it yourself:

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #162 - Nov 28th, 2022 at 2:35pm

Quote:
the fallacy is the idea that you have no burden of proof

Are you suggesting this is what "proving a negative" means? Are you trying to say that you do not actually know what it means, you merely object to the conclusion drawn from it?

IP Logged

polite_gandalf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Canberra
Reply #163 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 9:28am

I already explained what proving a negative is FD. The point is, it always originates from the fallacious idea that a person making a claim has no burden of proof:

"you made a claim - now prove it"
"no, you prove it isn't so"

Thats exactly what you did. You even spelled out for us that you think your claim is true because I couldn't disprove it.

Quote:

Quote:

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #164 - Nov 29th, 2022 at 6:58pm

Quote:
I already explained what proving a negative is FD.

The only explanations I have seen from you are either wrong or completely meaningless, like your most recent attempt to explain it.

Quote:
You call it what you want - on planet earth we  call it a 'proving a negative' fallacy.

What are you referring to here Gandalf?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print